PDA

View Full Version : 5th coil changes

FlatTire
12-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Have you ever made 5th coil spring/shock changes and noticed it effected sidebite? I've come up with something that improved forward bite, but at the expense of sidebite. I've never had it quite work out that way which has me perplexed.

FlatTire
12-19-2017, 02:39 PM
or is my lack of sidebite a product of what the 5th coil changes are doing on corner entry and its showing up as a lack of side bite in the middle?

billetbirdcage
12-19-2017, 03:50 PM
or is my lack of sidebite a product of what the 5th coil changes are doing on corner entry and its showing up as a lack of side bite in the middle?

Changing the rebound can/will make a significant change to entry and will effect the entry through out the entire entry more then you would think by far. A guy would think it would have the biggest effect upon getting out of the throttle when the torque arm is going down then the rest of the entry having not much change, but for what ever reason I've found it does.

Dannyturner38
12-20-2017, 08:00 AM
If you let the fifth coil move too much the panhard bar angle changes exessively causing loss in side bite. Plus it has less too push against as the pinion is falling, if that makes sense.