PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year 2018.......... Your 2018 Racing wish list?

HoosierDirtFan
12-31-2017, 10:28 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018.
Go support your local race track and drivers.

Your 2018 Racing wish list?

Shiny Side Up 18
12-31-2017, 11:02 PM
Dry weather and a Shannon Babb Hell Tour championship.

Hoosier
12-31-2017, 11:03 PM
U ga 24 - ok 12

racingfool32
12-31-2017, 11:55 PM
No rain outs and SEC National championship game.

Krooser
01-01-2018, 02:27 AM
For me it will be at least a few nights of racing the old Mastersbilt at Shawano and, perhaps, Plymouth Dirt Track and maybe a Dirt Kings event or two.

While I've been a bit under the weather lately and the old pocket book is almost empty I've been doing a little work on some of the smaller bits and pieces of the car. Scattered about the house are a few engine bits, the carb, dizzy and a few other items getting cleaned and tuned for the season.

Doing the little stuff in the kitchen since the below zero temps make it too pricey to keep the shop warm.

Got the con rods and four new pistons at the engine shop getting hung and balanced, ready to order a few new pushrods to replace the ones damaged in the last blow up. Then I'll take the heads apart, check and lap the valves then hone and final wash the block to get it ready to reassemble. I still have a couple oil mods to do to the block then it will get screwed together.

Anywho.... I wish all of you 4m'ers a Happy New Year and may all of you have a happy and racey summer.

Over and out....

Dlmfan123
01-01-2018, 02:53 AM
Bobby peirce wins it all

TBSprintFan
01-01-2018, 04:33 AM
For me it will be at least a few nights of racing the old Mastersbilt at Shawano and, perhaps, Plymouth Dirt Track and maybe a Dirt Kings event or two.

While I've been a bit under the weather lately and the old pocket book is almost empty I've been doing a little work on some of the smaller bits and pieces of the car. Scattered about the house are a few engine bits, the carb, dizzy and a few other items getting cleaned and tuned for the season.

Doing the little stuff in the kitchen since the below zero temps make it too pricey to keep the shop warm.

Got the con rods and four new pistons at the engine shop getting hung and balanced, ready to order a few new pushrods to replace the ones damaged in the last blow up. Then I'll take the heads apart, check and lap the valves then hone and final wash the block to get it ready to reassemble. I still have a couple oil mods to do to the block then it will get screwed together.

Anywho.... I wish all of you 4m'ers a Happy New Year and may all of you have a happy and racey summer.

Over and out....

Yes, this cold weather s__k$, been -30 to -40 with the windchill here during the holidays. Good luck this racing season and Happy New Year to you also.

Bob Hubbard
01-01-2018, 05:59 AM
I fell asleep ..... Im going to try to stay up longer for the next one .....

zooker25
01-01-2018, 07:44 AM
My wish is also Bobby Pierce wins it all!Looking forward to Eastbay!

Highside Hustler25
01-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Bobby peirce wins it all

My wish is also Bobby Pierce wins it all!Looking forward to Eastbay!

I'll third that as the implosion on ole 4M would be epic.

Cardirt0
01-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Big ten Football 7 and 0 in bowl game if they win one more the be 8 and 0 never been done be for...Happy New Year to all....

SFrancisFan15
01-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Big ten Football 7 and 0 in bowl game if they win one more the be 8 and 0 never been done be for...Happy New Year to all....

I'm a Michigan fan in Ohio and boy is it tuff lol. They better not screw it up! I wish for great racing weather and to hit some new tracks this year. Planning on Mansfield for the first time and if it all possible trying to get out to either the Knoxville Nationals or PDC.

DTS86
01-01-2018, 10:32 AM
My wish is some more new quality late model drivers at FALS other than Jeff Curl. Lost a bunch in last few years in Harlan, Friedman, Eric Smith, Wenger, Mettille, Snooky, Ricketts, and Bull if he is really quitting.

CIRF
01-01-2018, 10:57 AM
We wish for every competitor, crew member, track worker and fan to have a safe 2018 with as little expense for wadded equipment as possible. May everyone involved in dirt racing, competitors, promoters, car builders and parts vendor's, track owners and everyone else who is fiscally involved with racing be financially successful.

I wish for not one more dirt track to be closed for any reason and a couple new ones to be built and put into operation. I wish for attendance, purses and car counts go way up and ticket, pit pass & entry fees and concession prices to stay the same.

We wish for every racetrack to be impeccably prepared and every race to be 3 wide for the lead and the the victor to win by less than a car length.

Did I mention I mostly wish for everyone involved with dirt racing to be healthy and safe throughout 2018?

I wish for our lone land grant university, The University of Illinois, to field football and basketball teams that are something more than an embarrassment!

Illtsate32
01-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Bobby Pierce wins Lucas title, Francis puts the clamps on these bodies, and Cirf if we could keep our in state recruits from going else where that would be a good start...

Cardirt0
01-01-2018, 11:29 AM
We wish for every competitor, crew member, track worker and fan to have a safe 2018 with as little expense for wadded equipment as possible. May everyone involved in dirt racing, competitors, promoters, car builders and parts vendor's, track owners and everyone else who is fiscally involved with racing be financially successful.

I wish for not one more dirt track to be closed for any reason and a couple new ones to be built and put into operation. I wish for attendance, purses and car counts go way up and ticket, pit pass & entry fees and concession prices to stay the same.

We wish for every racetrack to be impeccably prepared and every race to be 3 wide for the lead and the the victor to win by less than a car length.

Did I mention I mostly wish for everyone involved with dirt racing to be healthy and safe throughout 2018?

I wish for our lone land grant university, The University of Illinois, to field football and basketball teams that are something more than an embarrassment!

We got Ayo coming and looks like Okoro and RJ maybe coming if they do ILLINI BB is on its way UP...

CIRF
01-01-2018, 12:25 PM
We got Ayo coming and looks like Okoro and RJ maybe coming if they do ILLINI BB is on its way UP...You're prolly right, Gary. But then again, they've got nowhere to go but up. Football is even more hopeless!

FastEd95
01-01-2018, 12:26 PM
I'd like to witness soon to be 69-year-old Gary Webb win another late model feature. Seen him win over 90 features in my lifetime, but none since 2009.

Krooser
01-02-2018, 12:13 AM
I'd like to witness soon to be 69-year-old Gary Webb win another late model feature. Seen him win over 90 features in my lifetime, but none since 2009.

I'd like to see him and Ed Sanger in a match race...two legends if there ever were any.

FastEd95
01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
I'd like to see him and Ed Sanger in a match race...two legends if there ever were any. Legends no doubt and just two all around great guys. Proud to call myself a fan of both.

Trax53
01-02-2018, 10:20 AM
Races to attend for me:
Feb 2-3 Golden Isles
Feb 9-10 Screven
June The DREAM Eldora
July FALS
August North South 100 & Dirt Million
September World 100 Eldora
October & November The Dirt Track Charlotte World Finals and World Short Track Championship