PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on Dirt

mudmaker
01-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Just saw the email this morning that the price was going up another ten buck on automatic renewal. $99.99 a year.
Sorry DoD, you have outpriced your usefulness for me. Was questioning if it was worth it at $89. Definitely not worth another ten dollars for occasional info on racing when there are still so many other avenues of intel. Plus it still costs more for ppv.

Illtsate32
01-01-2018, 11:19 AM
It will be a year in Feb for me not having it I havent missed anything..if they would throw in some live races here and there with the subscription it would be well worth it. Not even the crown jewels just some good shows throughout the year. Its not that the price would set me back but why when I can find the same info somewhere else for free...

latemodelman
01-01-2018, 11:22 AM
I quit my dirtondirt subscription back in 2015 I think it was like $79 back then. I still get a lot of info cause most track do facebook live for big events and some like Eldora have done whole races on them for free. Also 4m does go work for us getting results fast.

willardboy
01-01-2018, 11:44 AM
I had my subscription canceled when they charged me for the Gateway Nationals PPV and I was actually in St Louis at the race. Sitting in section 117 of turn 4 at the dome, i was pretty confident i didnt order the PPV. Lol. My wife gave me tix for an early Christmas present. They were jerks to me and canceled my subscription! I did get a PPV refund tho..... which i should have since i was at the race and didnt order it. Wont miss Dirt on Dirt one bit! Especially with the rate increase!

Mindwalker
01-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Big Late Model fan here.... I said goodbye a few years ago and now I'm sure I won't be back. Good luck to them tho. Ain't worth it to me.....

No_Weak_Links
01-01-2018, 11:57 AM
It will be a year in Feb for me not having it I havent missed anything..if they would throw in some live races here and there with the subscription it would be well worth it. Not even the crown jewels just some good shows throughout the year. Its not that the price would set me back but why when I can find the same info somewhere else for free...This is my complaint. I'm a member and pay monthly but when I want to purchase an event like the Gateway nationals I have to pay the exact same price as jimbob next door who's never given a dime to DOD subscription.

Big Daddy 37
01-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Hands down, the best thing to ever happen in the Dirt Late Model media...

$99/year is still a giant bargain.

The people/staff involved with DoD are nothing but giant Late Model fans themselves, and found a fantastic medium for all of us to enjoy our sport even more.

Thanks Michael, Amber, Todd, and all the rest of the crew, for all you have done for us fans.

Swampy121
01-01-2018, 12:34 PM
This is my complaint. I'm a member and pay monthly but when I want to purchase an event like the Gateway nationals I have to pay the exact same price as jimbob next door who's never given a dime to DOD subscription. That's what we do. Just pay for the individual races. I don't think the full subscription is really worth it.

kidrock
01-01-2018, 12:38 PM
This is not going to be an easy decision because I do like DoD just not sure as the price keeps going up if it's worth it to me.

smoothoperator32
01-01-2018, 12:40 PM
i always find my info somewhere else can't afford dod never missed having it

Hoosier_Dirt
01-01-2018, 12:48 PM
I too pay monthly, but have been questioning keeping it. You can usually find video, and results elsewhere free as mentioned above.

latemodelman
01-01-2018, 12:55 PM
funny thing is with dirt on dirt they could still do the ppv but give the subscribers who pay 99 a year a break and give them a choice of maybe a one event ppv for free. for example say World 100 on Saturday. Then you could charge half off all other ppv races.

mudmaker
01-01-2018, 01:11 PM
I had been doing an auto pay. It just renewed on the 13th of December and I noticed it was 89 and change. Two weeks later I get the email that it goes up another ten bucks. Nope, sorry. I too would like to see a ppv race or two for my yearly subscription. Otherwise all the info can be found elsewhere. They haven’t cornered the market.

Krooser
01-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I have never been able to afford it...

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-01-2018, 01:29 PM
The fact that you guys are bitching about $8.33 a month is hilarious...

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-01-2018, 01:39 PM

I can feed a kid in Africa for pennies a day. People don't pay for subscription services very often. We are predisposed to accept ads so that content is free. People cut the cord every day. $90/yr, 8.33/mo, $3000/lifetime, it doesn't matter how you slice it.

Kwd1253
01-01-2018, 01:44 PM
It will be a year in Feb for me not having it I havent missed anything..if they would throw in some live races here and there with the subscription it would be well worth it. Not even the crown jewels just some good shows throughout the year. Its not that the price would set me back but why when I can find the same info somewhere else for free...

I agree with you on that, reward system being loyal to them. I use do year to year myself, But last year I went 2 or 3 mths without it, then pick it up for mths or so. dec, Jan. I don't see it being worth it and should be half price or free before speed week. Nothing really going on them two mths, March is when most racing start really picking up cross the nation.

I don't know why they don't do free live podcast on YouTube. They could make some money off that and pick new subscribers. I would think right now they would do more live casting talking to drivers getting off season info on drivers. What drivers/crew chiefs/chassis builders think about new rules, new events, ect.

Snake X3
01-01-2018, 01:45 PM
I find DoD indiscernible if I want to follow the sport to the degree that I want. They talk about making good money and they are entitled to a reward for the great job they do, but I don't see the need for the increase unless there are significant increases in content being offered. The fans that have supported them should get a break for helping them get off the ground. And I agree with the masses here...subscribers should get a deep discount on PPVs. Even RacinBoys does that.

Duke100
01-01-2018, 01:47 PM
All I want to say is that guy in the little pink car did an awesome job trying to save it. Happy New Year !

MI Dirt Fan
01-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Are you going to buy it for everyone then? Definitely not in my budget.

Kwd1253
01-01-2018, 02:02 PM
I can feed a kid in Africa for pennies a day. People don't pay for subscription services very often. We are predisposed to accept ads so that content is free. People cut the cord every day. $90/yr, 8.33/mo, $3000/lifetime, it doesn't matter how you slice it.

OR you can send me a $1 a day for a greater cause, I'll put half of it towards kroose and Blackie chassis building program they just getting off the ground lol.

Snake X3
01-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Are you going to buy it for everyone then? Definitely not in my budget.

Budget is the key word for me. I have a set amount I spend on DLM racing and DoD is part of that, along with LucasTV, PPVs and live races. And with all of that money being spent, I'm still way under what I was paying to go to a few NASCAR races a year.

Mindwalker
01-01-2018, 02:07 PM

On the contrary... Not enough bitching is the reason for it continuing to increase in price. Folks just don't find it worth it, that simple. What don't you understand?

CIRF
01-01-2018, 03:10 PM
On the contrary... Not enough bitching is the reason for it continuing to increase in price. Folks just don't find it worth it, that simple. What don't you understand?

Take heed fellow race fans!! Blackie interjects another basic truism for public consumption. Nice job sir, you are spot on.

TBSprintFan
01-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Just saw the email this morning that the price was going up another ten buck on automatic renewal. $99.99 a year.
Sorry DoD, you have outpriced your usefulness for me. Was questioning if it was worth it at $89. Definitely not worth another ten dollars for occasional info on racing when there are still so many other avenues of intel. Plus it still costs more for ppv.

Definitely not in my price range for what they offer (can find 90%+ of the information for free on other sites like this) , Lucas Oil Racing TV is what I subscribe to, endless amounts of racing and when I want to watch it plus there is DirtVision and then ordering a few PPV's here and there. The problem with most things like DoD, cable companies for example is if there is a decrease in subscribers they feel they need to increase/raise their price to make up for lost revenue, when instead they should be lowering prices to get more people back and then they would be back up to the same or even more revenue. I don't find the prices of live dirt race tickets at the track bad, but look at a lot of other sports events like football, Nasacar, etc. with all the empty seats and high ticket prices where the average family could never afford to attend anymore.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-01-2018, 03:31 PM
This is not going to be an easy decision because I do like DoD just not sure as the price keeps going up if it's worth it to me.Same here. I like DoD and they do a good job, but why the price hike? It’s not like any bills have seen a substantial increase. If they come on here and shoot us a legit answer, props. And as a paying consumer, I at least should here because we want more profits.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Hear is spelled wrong, quote function still on the rag.

smoothoperator32
01-01-2018, 04:09 PM
All I want to say is that guy in the little pink car did an awesome job trying to save it. Happy New Year !

Yes he did LOL......

Pennsboro23
01-01-2018, 04:31 PM
I’ll start out by saying I love DoD and everything they have done for the sport. I love that you can watch race highlights of a regional race two states away in less than 6-8 hours after it concludes. For the people saying you can find that on other sites, you’re completely wrong. No site gives you race highlights and recaps of almost every race paying 3,000 to win or more. The other side of the argument is if we’re going to pay increased prices, then I hope we get more content. Maybe Michael will get on and explain why the increase in price.

MI Dirt Fan
01-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Only thing I read on DoD is the race wire off the master schedule because that part is free.

Mindwalker
01-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Only thing I read on DoD is the race wire off the master schedule because that part is free.

Welp, there goes that... Lol...

But I agree 

Tireguy17
01-01-2018, 07:21 PM
I’ve been a DoD subscriber since the beginning, but this last price hike was enough for me, and I emailed to cancel my renewal coming up this week. Here’s my problem with the price hike every couple years:
1. No PPV discount for yearly subscribers.
2. I don’t/didn’t subscribe to get results from every local and regional race nationwide. I got it for the in-depth coverage of the national racing. So if the price hikes are to expand the coverage of races I don’t necessarily care who won, I’m paying for a product I don’t need.
3. DoD sponsorship. It seems like DoD is sponsoring more things in racing. $500 here, $500 there, and more. I understand that’s marketing and giving back to the sport, but when you continue to raise subscription fees as sponsorship increases. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Their price being $100/yr is finally too rich for me

powerslide
01-01-2018, 07:29 PM
I'm going to guess its the increased coverage of the regional shows, he is having to employee more people to cover all those smaller races. Pretty much all i do is watch the videos and i feel i get my money worth.

zyoung25
01-01-2018, 07:53 PM
I've been a subscriber basically from from month one, this wont stop me from being a supporter. But if it keeps going up, I dont know how much longer I'll continue to be a supporter of the site.

I'm sure the price hike has to do with them putting more money into the sport somehow or another, which is awesome of course. It just won't be worth it to me to keep supporting it anymore if it keeps going up. I think it has went up 2 or 3 times in the last couple years.

Dirtfan04
01-01-2018, 09:24 PM
The way I see it, my cable, satellite radio, cell phone and internet bills are all way more expensive than DOD. It is not even close. However, I probably spend more time on and get more enjoyment from DOD than TV or Sirius. I watch probably 90% of the videos and read just about every article the they post. If I miss one its usually because I just didn't have time to watch it. So to me, even with the price increase it is still by far the best thing going if you are a DLM racing junkie like myself. So I guess it just comes down to a personal decision based on how much you use the site as to whether or not you think the price is worth it.

cgrace
01-01-2018, 10:21 PM
I really like DOD, just wish they'd consider different types of subscriptions. For example, I read articles watch PPv but don't watch the videos. Perhaps they could have different packages. but I bet they'd have to revamp the entire site at that point. Overall -- great job!

slmcrewchief99
01-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Yes he did LOL......

Need to shorten that left rear chain and get that spoiler closer to the ground. It would have never flipped if he had used the Ray Cook rule. SMDH

DirtonDirt
01-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Hey all ... thanks so much for the feedback and I'm happy to respond.

Obviously NO COMPANY wants to raise prices. Ever. It's not something anyone wants to do. So it's not a decision we take lightly, and really contemplate before we do it.

To answer the questions in this thread regarding the "why" ... it's pretty simple. As was stated by many people, the amount of people we now have covering races, (ESPECIALLY regional content now, and growing national content like including interviews from the TOP TEN many places) ... is growing each and every year. And will continue to grow this year. It is more expensive than ever to put someone on the road, pay their salary, expenses, insurance, etc. etc. Costs just keep rising.

When we make a price increase, it goes right back into hiring folks and providing for other aspects of racing. As someone else mentioned, we have REALLY engaged in sponsorships not just on the national tours, but regional tours as well. We spend thousands to give back to the sport that's made us what we are, and that's really important to us.

For the amount of the raise, obviously everyone is on a budget, and we appreciate that ... which is why we kept it delicate. $1.00/month for monthly folks, and $0.83/month for yearly folks. It all counts ... I get that, but we felt that was minimal. 1 buck or 83 cents/month we thought was "acceptable". Or as close to it as we could get.

And I can CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU ... that unless something drastic happens ... this is our final price raise for quite some time. Of course something could happen where we include several LIVE races in a subscription, and we'd perhaps bump it then, but as it stands, it will be a LONG time before any price raise is even considered again. Again, unless something DRASTIC happens, there are no price raises on the horizon for DirtonDirt.com. (Again the only "other option" on that would be if we changed our pricing models to include PPV's which isn't feasible for us right now. See below.)

Regarding including PPV's in the subscription cost. We are exploring the idea of giving some to subscribers this year, but there's a major reason we don't. We share revenue with the racetrack EVERY SINGLE TIME we do a LIVE PPV ... and we can't include that in our subscription cost, or there is no revenue being generated for that specific event with the track. Those relationships are REALLY important to us, and that's why we handle them in that fashion. But keep an eye on 2018 as a year you may have one included in your subscription cost!

Which is also why we don't offer "other packages/subscriptions". There's the DoD subscription, and then every time we go LIVE we're in a partnership with the track, so those costs have to be kept separate, and worked out with the track.

And regarding discounts for subscribers on PPV's. EVERY multi-day PPV ... there is a subscriber discount, aside from Eldora and Gateway. So virtually all of them we try to take care of our subscribers. For instance the upcoming Wild West Shootout if your'e a subscriber you get $10 off the whole package!

A few notes on some of the responses. For the person wanting us to interview more drivers, etc. this time of year. I'd steer you to our PRI coverage. Over FORTY drivers were interviewed in two days alone, and our DirtWire page has been on fire the entire "offseason" with driver interviews, etc. We are definitely not lacking in the content department. Throw in Late Model LIVE, and we have mountains of driver interviews/content.

For person talking frequency of price raise. Last one was 2016 ... so it's been nearly two years.

In closing ... it's basically a dollars and cents thing. if you've been with us since the beginning, you know the MOUNTAIN of more content we've added, and continue to add each year. That comes at a cost, and we do our best to be fair to the subscribers, while covering the rising costs.

I'm just like you ... I'm a fan, and I know you have a choice. All I can promise you is ... we'll leave it all on the field for you. I think about our subscribers EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want the value to be there, and will fight for you ... for it.

Hope you understand where we're coming from, and thanks so much for your time.

Michael Rigsby
DirtonDirt.com

smith19
01-01-2018, 10:46 PM
crewchief99....lol

Krooser
01-01-2018, 11:34 PM
OR you can send me a $1 a day for a greater cause, I'll put half of it towards kroose and Blackie chassis building program they just getting off the ground lol.

You're a good man no matter what I hear on 4m!

But take it easy on Mastersbilt Racer... he's our chassis engineer!

Krooser
01-02-2018, 12:08 AM
It's good to hear from the horses mouth so to speak...that's twice this week we've heard from the people we have discussed here...Dunn Benson now DoD... I'd like to hear more from the folks who are the subject of our praise and, sometimes, ridicule.

When I say I can't afford it it really means I have better uses for my racing budget. Some of you know I'm redoing an old MB chassis to race at my weekly track. Believe me that $90.00 will be spent... I can buy 4 used Hoosiers with that cash. I just spent $100.00 on carb rebuild parts, a set of telescoping gauges for my engine build and a part I need to build a new valve spring compressor. Or it will buy me almost four pit passes.

Two things I can recommend to Mr. Rigsby... allow a NEW prospective customer to have a 14 day free trial to see what they are missing. My ex-gf offered that to me and I stuck around for two years paying a heck of a lot more than $10.00 per month for a lot less satisfaction than DoD can provide.

And I'd just like to ask what percentage of the average (not rabid just average) race fan knows about DoD? I never heard of it until I found this joint by accident trolling the inter web. And I've been a dirt racing fan since the 60's.

Easy for me to say but I think some local track promotions might generate a bunch more folks to discover the product and sign up. Give a bunch of local drivers a free six month subscription in exchange for a big DoD decal on their car. Give them a cheap subscription if they carry a decal and mention/thank DoD for sponsoring them. Sponsor a heat race at some local tracks and make sure they pump your product.

Maybe go out and hand out flyers and decals in the grandstands every week at different tracks. Maybe more subscribers could keep profits up and costs down.

I used to write for Checkered Flag Racing News during the 80's. I wrote and shot photos in exchange for a free pit pass and, maybe, a ticket to the company Christmas party. And now I find out these guys are now getting paid... what a country!!!!

kidrock
01-02-2018, 07:01 AM
The way I see it, my cable, satellite radio, cell phone and internet bills are all way more expensive than DOD. It is not even close. However, I probably spend more time on and get more enjoyment from DOD than TV or Sirius. I watch probably 90% of the videos and read just about every article the they post. If I miss one its usually because I just didn't have time to watch it. So to me, even with the price increase it is still by far the best thing going if you are a DLM racing junkie like myself. So I guess it just comes down to a personal decision based on how much you use the site as to whether or not you think the price is worth it.

I have to agree with a lot of what you said here and that will be how I come to a decision on whether I renew my subscription. It's only around .28 cents a day so, when I look at it like that it's really not that much for all you get but, I found my self last year not watching as much as I have in the past because of being so busy with work.

turnleftandgasit
01-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Based off the number of drunks I see at tracks, many of you could afford lots of things if you just put the bottle down.

SFrancisFan15
01-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Based off the number of drunks I see at tracks, many of you could afford lots of things if you just put the bottle down.

I agree with that 100%. I watch every single video and read all articles and I feel it's all worth the price. Been a member since the beginning and have no plans on canceling.

regis78
01-02-2018, 08:41 AM
best $100 doliars sent thanks dirtondirt

Midwest Racer Online
01-02-2018, 10:19 AM
It doesn't matter much to me if they need a small price increase, I can't attend every race and the video's and podium finishers interviews are worth it to me. Just the Summernationals coverage alone is worth the price in my opinion. I don't have a huge budget to spend on racing, but part of what I can spend will always be spent at dod.

dirty-white-boy
01-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Just cut out 2 packs of Pall Mall's or a 20 pack of Keystone Light and you can swing that extra 10 bucks!

Its the best coverage out there no questions asked. Less than 10 bucks a month is not asking much in my opinion.

Go crawl back under your rock your time is up on the internet!

bullring
01-02-2018, 12:10 PM
DOD is priceless.

Illtsate32
01-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Respect to Rigsby for expaining why and at least acknowledging some of our suggestions I see where he does offer aa subscriber discount for a package deal which is nice for the customer...

Highside Hustler25
01-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Been a subscriber since day 1. Well worth the dime I think. That free payperview would be a nice deal. Would be my first.

AnnouncerLife88
01-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Been a subscriber the last 2 years and can only kick myself for not subscribing sooner. The amount of content is second to none, the video highlights are almost worth the entire cost to me being able to keep up with races I wouldn't otherwise see, and the level of video quality beat anything else out there. PLUS there's Late Model Live, which I put up against anything on the pavement side as far as coverage of weekly, regional and national racing.

flagone
01-02-2018, 01:40 PM
There is NO OTHER SOURCE that gives you all of this content. None. Not one. Doesn't exist. Yes you can get copied results or even crappy grainy video on social media. But that is exactly what you have. And if that fulfills you then that is okay. But for the folks who enjoy seeing racing from every corner of the country and hearing drivers immediate post race reactions. For those who enjoy in-depth and behind the scenes articles and stories. Pictures from nearly every special event in the country. Late Model LIVE.

This website is as close to our ESPN as we will ever get. Yes I do a little work for them and Michael is a great friend as are many of the other staffers BUT if they weren't I would still have a subscription and pay the money. Generally speaking there is new content almost daily. And yes you can read rumors or the occasional press release here and other places but when there is major news to break it is almost always brought to DoD FIRST and there is a reason why. So a little increase to keep it growing is just part of the business.

Mindwalker
01-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Been a subscriber since day 1. Well worth the dime I think. That free payperview would be a nice deal. Would be my first.
How many cans of Steel Reserve did you have to give up in order to make payment? Lol and Lol some more 

Mindwalker
01-02-2018, 02:52 PM
You wont catch me giving up any of my bad habits on this!

Mindwalker
01-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Respect to Rigsby for expaining why and at least acknowledging some of our suggestions I see where he does offer aa subscriber discount for a package deal which is nice for the customer...

Good post... Always nice to see those behind the sceen come out and share honest feedback with it's paying costomer....

Stand up guy that there Rigsby fella just not somthing Im willing to spend money on even if it was $3 a month.

00Hdmn
01-02-2018, 03:34 PM
I love that Rigsby came with a response and it was perfect. Anyone that is truly a fan knows that for 100.00 bucks a year it is a well worth it. Just think about the hours it takes to edit everything and the travel cost to going to all the races that they cover. They have coverage to every race that means anything. Really if you think about everything they do its amazing. The one thing I wish they would cover more of is Modified results. I personally love mods and the bigger races I wish they would at least cover results and work into maybe covering the major races with video. Heck there may already be someone who does it, but IDK.

Highside Hustler25
01-02-2018, 03:36 PM
How many cans of Steel Reserve did you have to give up in order to make payment? Lol and Lol some more 

you mean Falstaff? my budget accommodates both:)

SHOE32
01-02-2018, 04:51 PM
The video section alone is worth the money. Getting to watch all those regional shows,next day,is amazing. Eric Grigsby and Ben Shelton are one of the biggest reasons the sport is getting viewed by more people all the time. I've gotten up at many hotels on race weekends,to go down to eat breakfast in the lobby only to see one of these guys already working in the corner on their laptop. So personally I love what DoD is and will always appreciate it and be a member.

Barbecueboy
01-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Ill resubscribe ........will just use regular foil this year instead of heavy duty for my hats.....will save by doing that enough to cover the increase costs.

Rigsby made me famous, will always be grateful for that:)

bullring
01-02-2018, 06:05 PM

I drink Busch Light so I'm able to keep my subscription going. On real tough weeks though I have a gas station on my way home that sells 24 oz Labatt's Max Ice 8.1% alcohol cans for 99 cents.

klemmabyna
01-02-2018, 07:25 PM
don't we supposedly live in a free market system?

"In economics, a free market is an idealized system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority."

I would consider Dirt on Dirt to be an ideal example. Congratulations on what they offer to sell. It's up to us (the consumer), to determine if they are successful. Lots of opinions cast between consumers concerning what others should be consuming.

JMO: not a subscriber, for my own reasons, but I have to say I have great respect for Michael Rigsby, not only for posting a reply here, but also for what he and the Dirt on Dirt team have created. An example that with passion, hard work, and a bit of vision, the American dream does still exist. well done.

MUD MAESTRO
01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
No sin in trying to make a buck. These guys put out a very unique product that no one has reproduced and they do it well. I'll support DoD as long as I can because the stuff they offer is of high value to me.

Clayton_Wetter
01-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Big Late Model fan here.... I said goodbye a few years ago and now I'm sure I won't be back. Good luck to them tho. Ain't worth it to me.....

You Illinois tightwad you!!!! :)

MEE
01-03-2018, 07:16 PM
I might be missing something here,but my renew was $89.99.
The ONLY thing I would like to see change would be that they didn't cut so many laps out.

HoosierDirtFan
01-03-2018, 07:41 PM

Obviously NO COMPANY wants to raise prices. Ever. It's not something anyone wants to do. So it's not a decision we take lightly, and really contemplate before we do it.

To answer the questions in this thread regarding the "why" ... it's pretty simple. As was stated by many people, the amount of people we now have covering races, (ESPECIALLY regional content now, and growing national content like including interviews from the TOP TEN many places) ... is growing each and every year. And will continue to grow this year. It is more expensive than ever to put someone on the road, pay their salary, expenses, insurance, etc. etc. Costs just keep rising.

When we make a price increase, it goes right back into hiring folks and providing for other aspects of racing. As someone else mentioned, we have REALLY engaged in sponsorships not just on the national tours, but regional tours as well. We spend thousands to give back to the sport that's made us what we are, and that's really important to us.

For the amount of the raise, obviously everyone is on a budget, and we appreciate that ... which is why we kept it delicate. $1.00/month for monthly folks, and $0.83/month for yearly folks. It all counts ... I get that, but we felt that was minimal. 1 buck or 83 cents/month we thought was "acceptable". Or as close to it as we could get.

And I can CONFIDENTLY TELL YOU ... that unless something drastic happens ... this is our final price raise for quite some time. Of course something could happen where we include several LIVE races in a subscription, and we'd perhaps bump it then, but as it stands, it will be a LONG time before any price raise is even considered again. Again, unless something DRASTIC happens, there are no price raises on the horizon for DirtonDirt.com. (Again the only "other option" on that would be if we changed our pricing models to include PPV's which isn't feasible for us right now. See below.)

Regarding including PPV's in the subscription cost. We are exploring the idea of giving some to subscribers this year, but there's a major reason we don't. We share revenue with the racetrack EVERY SINGLE TIME we do a LIVE PPV ... and we can't include that in our subscription cost, or there is no revenue being generated for that specific event with the track. Those relationships are REALLY important to us, and that's why we handle them in that fashion. But keep an eye on 2018 as a year you may have one included in your subscription cost!

Which is also why we don't offer "other packages/subscriptions". There's the DoD subscription, and then every time we go LIVE we're in a partnership with the track, so those costs have to be kept separate, and worked out with the track.

And regarding discounts for subscribers on PPV's. EVERY multi-day PPV ... there is a subscriber discount, aside from Eldora and Gateway. So virtually all of them we try to take care of our subscribers. For instance the upcoming Wild West Shootout if your'e a subscriber you get $10 off the whole package!

A few notes on some of the responses. For the person wanting us to interview more drivers, etc. this time of year. I'd steer you to our PRI coverage. Over FORTY drivers were interviewed in two days alone, and our DirtWire page has been on fire the entire "offseason" with driver interviews, etc. We are definitely not lacking in the content department. Throw in Late Model LIVE, and we have mountains of driver interviews/content.

For person talking frequency of price raise. Last one was 2016 ... so it's been nearly two years.

In closing ... it's basically a dollars and cents thing. if you've been with us since the beginning, you know the MOUNTAIN of more content we've added, and continue to add each year. That comes at a cost, and we do our best to be fair to the subscribers, while covering the rising costs.

I'm just like you ... I'm a fan, and I know you have a choice. All I can promise you is ... we'll leave it all on the field for you. I think about our subscribers EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want the value to be there, and will fight for you ... for it.

Michael Rigsby
DirtonDirt.com

Thanks for at least posting a response. Love the coverage. Keep up the good work.

TackyTracker
01-04-2018, 10:16 AM
I've been with DoD from the start for many reasons.. I too love DLM racing and as much as I'd like to get to 50+ races a year I can't so my subscription gets renewed.. To me it's still a bargain even at the increased price.. Thanks again DoD for all your hard work trying to bring us the content you do

fryefan
01-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Michael Rigsby
DirtonDirt.com

Thank you for coming on here and answering/correcting the naysayers.

I have been a loyal customer of yours from the get go and the value of your product is a LOT more than what you charge us for it.

Thank you to you and your crew for all you do for the fans, the racers, and the promoters.

Keep up the good work !!!

fryefan
01-04-2018, 11:22 PM

That and/or the money they spend on cancer sticks.

fryefan
01-04-2018, 11:24 PM
There is NO OTHER SOURCE that gives you all of this content. None. Not one. Doesn't exist. Yes you can get copied results or even crappy grainy video on social media. But that is exactly what you have. And if that fulfills you then that is okay. But for the folks who enjoy seeing racing from every corner of the country and hearing drivers immediate post race reactions. For those who enjoy in-depth and behind the scenes articles and stories. Pictures from nearly every special event in the country. Late Model LIVE.

This website is as close to our ESPN as we will ever get. Yes I do a little work for them and Michael is a great friend as are many of the other staffers BUT if they weren't I would still have a subscription and pay the money. Generally speaking there is new content almost daily. And yes you can read rumors or the occasional press release here and other places but when there is major news to break it is almost always brought to DoD FIRST and there is a reason why. So a little increase to keep it growing is just part of the business.

Very well-stated. I agree 100% with this assessment.

waaac77
01-05-2018, 12:32 AM
don't we supposedly live in a free market system?

"In economics, a free market is an idealized system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority."

I would consider Dirt on Dirt to be an ideal example. Congratulations on what they offer to sell. It's up to us (the consumer), to determine if they are successful. Lots of opinions cast between consumers concerning what others should be consuming.

JMO: not a subscriber, for my own reasons, but I have to say I have great respect for Michael Rigsby, not only for posting a reply here, but also for what he and the Dirt on Dirt team have created. An example that with passion, hard work, and a bit of vision, the American dream does still exist. well done.

I bet 100% of the people who are complaining about the price increase will renew their subscription and the main reason is... wtf else you gonna do? A $10 increase and the CEO comes on here and replies to all you whiners out there and has to remind dish!ts that he’s running a business. Yes you can get updates here or wherever else but there’s nothing like the coverage DoD has. Not only do you watch races a few hours after completion(sometimes minutes after). It is the ESPN of dirt racing. I couldn’t live without it and neither can any of you babies. Quit being 2-year old Hilary voters and grow a pair. So sick of hearing the complaints. You’re gonna pay $10 extra and if you don’t then it’s your loss. You’re gonna let 10 of your previous 89 run your show? I guess we see who wears the pants in your family. You can tell your wife to suck it when she bitches about your extra $10 charge for Late Models news. The thing most of you pu$$ies don’t realize is the last thing your wife wants is a divorce but you still act like a little b!tch when you have to explain to her you have to spend another $10 a year to keep your DoD subscription. Y’all need to grow a pair. Anyone who complained on this thread about $10 is a pansy a$$ mommas boy and doesn’t give 2 rat f%#*s about dirt late model racing.

blncfn57
01-05-2018, 07:18 AM
What a hard a$$!!!! Calling people names because of how they choose to spend their money, real classy. I will continue to pay for my subscription, but if you or anyone else chooses not to, that's up to you.
My only hope is that the increase in coverage employs people that know how to do interviews. I'm not too up on names, but there was 2 guys this year that they used on occasion who were so horrible (in my opinion) that I had to shut the video off. If I have to do that too often then it'll be just pissing my money away. The main staff at DOD is great at what they do, it's not them that I'm speaking of.

blncfn57
01-05-2018, 07:21 AM
That and/or the money they spend on cancer sticks.

Take the smokers and drinkers out of the sport and attendance is half.

PITTSBURGH
01-05-2018, 08:31 AM
I can't believe all the whining over eight dollars and thirty three cents a month! For the Dirt Late Model coverage that they offer I would give them ten bucks a month!

blncfn57
01-05-2018, 08:39 AM
I can't believe all the whining over eight dollars and thirty three cents a month! For the Dirt Late Model coverage that they offer I would give them ten bucks a month!

better up the limit on your debit card cuz a monthly subscription is $11.99!! lol

chupp n bloomer fan
01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
“I bet 100% of the people who are complaining about the price increase will renew their subscription and the main reason is... wtf else you gonna do? A $10 increase and the CEO comes on here and replies to all you whiners out there and has to remind dish!ts that he’s running a business. Yes you can get updates here or wherever else but there’s nothing like the coverage DoD has. Not only do you watch races a few hours after completion(sometimes minutes after). It is the ESPN of dirt racing. I couldn’t live without it and neither can any of you babies. Quit being 2-year old Hilary voters and grow a pair. So sick of hearing the complaints. You’re gonna pay $10 extra and if you don’t then it’s your loss. You’re gonna let 10 of your previous 89 run your show? I guess we see who wears the pants in your family. You can tell your wife to suck it when she bitches about your extra $10 charge for Late Models news. The thing most of you pu$$ies don’t realize is the last thing your wife wants is a divorce but you still act like a little b!tch when you have to explain to her you have to spend another $10 a year to keep your DoD subscription. Y’all need to grow a pair. Anyone who complained on this thread about $10 is a pansy a$$ mommas boy and doesn’t give 2 rat f%#*s about dirt late model racing.”

Look at you, big tough guy, acting like the government telling us where we should spend our money. And acting as if you know what’s best for everyone, and their wives and families. You sound very educated.

If we are paying subscribers or were, then you should let the company know if something doesn’t sit well with you. I am a paying subscriber, and DoD is still run by folks who give a sh!t. If it was Comcast, or Spectrum, lol. And I applaud Rigsby for explaining, and am still going to support DoD as I was. But I see people’s point, and I too, won’t stick around if it goes up a lot more soon. But that is not in the works as Rigsby stated.

And heck ya it’s our only quality outlet, and they do a helluva a job.

Yours truly,
Pansy a$$, mommas boy, pu$$y, little b!tch, Hillary loving dipsh!t.

P.S- Who sounds like the dipsh!t? I may have missed one, but I definitely think I’ll pass on any advice from you.

PITTSBURGH
01-05-2018, 08:48 AM
better up the limit on your debit card cuz a monthly subscription is $11.99!! lol

If you would pay yearly cuz, it would only cost you $8.33 a month. Do the math.

blncfn57
01-05-2018, 09:07 AM
If you would pay yearly cuz, it would only cost you $8.33 a month. Do the math.

I can do math..... lol I was just razzing you cuz you said you'd pay $10/ month.

waaac77
01-06-2018, 12:12 AM
Yep I was way off. My apologies.

mudmaker
01-06-2018, 08:49 AM
Wow some of this has really gone quite mental, huh.
I simply started this as I’m one who doesn’t NEED TO KNOW the minute a race ends somewhere who won and who wrecked.
Quite often I forgot I even had a subscription to DOD. It just auto renewed and price increase added and that was that. So, for me it’s not worth it.
If you want to find out who won or see the action on the track, go to the race and buy a ticket. Spend a little on food and help generate some income so the promoter can pay the purses. Imo, some of this ppv stuff really hurts ticket sales and I can’t see where the provider paying the track to televise a race can ever make up for the loss. Face it, the viewership of ppv keep getting bigger. Also means the attendance will dwindle. I very much doubt the dollar to dollar comparison is equal across the board.
So gout and attend some races! Don’t just be a keyboard quarterback!

huskerdirt
01-06-2018, 09:17 AM
If PPVs were actually hurting ticket sales. Then tracks and companies like DoD would stop having them. That’s simple economics. People have this perception that thousand upon thousand people are watching PPVs. It’s really in the hundreds at the most.

Kwd1253
01-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Because some the money from ppv buys go to the promoter. Not every can take off make 8-12 hr+ drive. With your logic they are better off losing money not having ppv buys and people still can’t make it to the event. Genuine thinking right there! Just ask Floyd how much ppv buys hurt him because people didn’t fly cross country/world to see him and Conor fight at the MGM.

Bubstr
01-06-2018, 09:48 AM
To keep or cancel the DOD subscription is a individual choice. I've had mine for quite a while and plan to keep it as long as it's enjoyable. There are some issues with the PPV and vids that irritate me some, so I think I'm not buying PPV. That would be not enough volume for this old guy to hear the program. I'm not sure why they set the sound so low, as everyone can turn it down, but can't turn it up, if it's not available. Last night, I hooked it to the TV and had to turn the volume all the way up to hear. to hear, but I'm really hard of hearing. The other thing is with all these camera angles, how do the miss so much of the action? You would think they could show something other than the leader, when some one is moving up from the back to the tune of passing half the field. That was where the real race was. Why couldn't they record that and play during down time. Instead we see tight shots of the leader or the camera man's favorite drivers. Sometimes the announcers are calling a completely different race, than what we are seeing. It makes you feel like your paying full ticket price, fora less than premium show. I think the cameramen should have areas that they all shoot, then have a director organize what is seen, and have at least some of the cameras hooked to the announcers race. I guess, it's annoying when the announcer says so in so just passed 20 cars and we haven't seen so in so on the screen at all. Then so in so barrel rolls and we didn't see that either, but dod wants full ticket price for it. I'll keep my subscription, because I get more enjoyment from it than frustration. Then maybe some of us, just want too much for our dollar.

Andrews42FAN
01-06-2018, 11:32 AM
I have been a DoD subscriber for a number of years and do enjoy what they bring to the world of DLM racing. While I intend to continue my subscription, they are nearing the edge of pricing themselves out. And for many that have responded to the thread they already have exceeded a palatable price point.

DoD should become more creative with their subscription model and establish subscription tiers that provide options commensurate with content by tier. For example, if you subscribe to Tier 1 you are in at $100.00 per year and receive unlimited content for that fee. Tier 2, Tier 3, Specials only, etc. would represent less content as well as a lower monthly or annual subscription fees.

A Tier 1 subscriber should receive the option to select two PPV events at no charge annually and all other PPV within Tier 1 should be at a discount as a reward for paying annually for the Tier 1 subscription.

Bob Hubbard
01-06-2018, 11:53 AM
As long as im working I think its a good service .... Once I retire I see myself cutting back on all the extra's .... They provide a good service which im happy with ....

DirtFan49
01-06-2018, 12:14 PM
I’ve been a subscriber since they started in 2007, with all the social media out there now, I see a lot of the news before they even post it. I’m seriously thinking of canceling mine as well dues to another increase.

Snake X3
01-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Hey man! Your problems with the volume must be on your end because if anything the volume for DoD vids and PPV are a bit louder than on other sites. I'm sure I could help you figure it out if I was at your place. Unless you are a PC guru, I'd ask someone that is to help you with the issue.

I'm not sure how the announcers for DoD call the races, but in order for them to synch up with the cameras they need to be watching them. I remember on a LucasTV race Bob Dillnar was telling James Essex how to call a TV race and told him that is what he needed to do to stay in synch with what people were watching. Maybe that isn't true for DoD, but that is just what I had heard the one time on Lucas.

WildBill32
01-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I have been a monthly member since 20015. I love DOD! But, hardly ever get a discount on all the live PFVs. I have ordered. I think every member should get a discount for any a live PFV. I watched Gateway for free this year on youtube. Then watched the highlights the next day on DOD. They have out priced me. I'm just going to take a break from it for a while. And see if things change. I can't aford the yearly membership all paid at one time right now. I do really enjoy DOD though.

wfofan
01-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Yearly cost is less than price of me and the wife hitting the nearest track for 1 single race (gas,eats,drinks,tickets...)
Subscribe if you want, if not stfu about the price...
Nothing worth having is cheap, and DOD is worth every $ you pay... 4M has some outstanding members and like everything else in life has a handful of poor pitiful me mommy little boys who whine and cry about having to wipe their own a$$...
Grow up and be somebody, as Dave Ramsey would say, if you want something and can't afford it...get a freaking job or 3...
Dirt on Dirt is hands down the best platform for any True Dirt Fan but I would agree it's not for Whiney A$$ Wanna Be's...
Happy New Year!!!

CIRF
01-06-2018, 02:37 PM
DoD is a good product but they're coming very close to overpricing themselves. We'll stick with them for the nearer future but if they continue to raise their rates we'll have to reconsider.

DirtonDirt
01-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Thought I had addressed most of this ... but I'll gladly hop on again and take another crack at it.

1) As I mentioned in my original post ... unless something drastically changes on how we include PPV's in subcription (no plan at this time too ... although you may receive one in the near future as part of subscription cost) .... there are NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON to raise prices at all. Again this was all about staff, covering races, expense ... but again ... ZERO PLANS for a long time to touch price after this increase. Book that.

2) The only thing that would make it go up ... was if we said .... "okay the entire UMP Summernationals are included in subscription" or something like that. But again ... we can't really do that....and no plans to do so in the future.

3) Regarding those that want "tiers", etc .... as I explained in the original post. We share PPV revenue with promoters and sanctions ... therefore we can't "mix those models" .... if we included PPV's in the cost of your subscription, there would be no "new revenue" to share after an event. That simply won't work, and can't.

4) Volume issues. Honestly have never heard that one, or gotten that complaint. Give me a call or text and perhaps I an walk you through how to fix it.

5) "Announcer sync" ... I obsessively re-watch our PPV's. The sync between announcers and cameras bats at least 85-90% .... and that's a really good rate. Does it get "off" from time to time yes ... but we are VERY on things. And keep in mind ... while we work very closely with the announcers ... they do every once and awhile grab something that we don't have ... and we simply can't control it ... it's gonna happen.

6) Regarding "shooting the leaders"... my philosophy is pretty simple. This is a race ... to the finish. Very little is more important than the lead. Now if someone is charging through the field ... we WILL grab it, and most of the time do. We often Double-Box as well if you've seen our PPV's. That adds alot. But at the end of the day, as they used to say on PRN ... NOTHING is more important than the lead. Imagine the outrage if we miss a massive pass for the lead ... that'd be worse than ... "you missed the battle for 12th".

7) Finally .... we do our best ... that's about all I can give. Our best. We hope it's enough.

Thanks everyone!

WildBill32
01-06-2018, 04:20 PM
If you have NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON! To give at least 1 dollar off to the DOD members for every PFV. Why even be a member? Its like giving the members a slap in the the face for paying every month for DOD. Its better to be a non member and not pay every month. And just pay for the PFV you want. There is not a whole lot to be gained by being a DOD member for the pay PFVs. I love DOD but, I just dissagree about the PFVs for us that pay every month.

Shiny Side Up 18
01-06-2018, 04:42 PM
If you have NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON! To give at least 1 dollar off to the DOD members for every PFV. Why even be a member? Its like giving the members a slap in the the face for paying every month for DOD. Its better to be a non member and not pay every month. And just pay for the PFV you want. There is not a whole lot to be gained by being a DOD member for the pay PFVs. I love DOD but, I just dissagree about the PFVs for us that pay every month.Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe DoD has to negotiate with each promoter per PPV. The promoters and probably the sanctioning bodies want a cut of the PPV revenue, and rightfully so considering that allowing a PPV could impact the front gate. DoD has to: (A) Pay their crew, (B) Take care of the promoters, and (C) Turn a profit (it IS a business, after all). DoD is NOT charging "X" amount of money just for the sake of charging "X" amount of money. They have bills to pay and the subscription cost probably doesn't cover the costs of the PPVs.

huskerdirt
01-06-2018, 05:02 PM
If you have NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON! To give at least 1 dollar off to the DOD members for every PFV. Why even be a member? Its like giving the members a slap in the the face for paying every month for DOD. Its better to be a non member and not pay every month. And just pay for the PFV you want. There is not a whole lot to be gained by being a DOD member for the pay PFVs. I love DOD but, I just dissagree about the PFVs for us that pay every month.

A lot of the PPVs have pretty big discounts already if you buy all at once.

If you buy all 6 nights for Arizona, it’s 80 bucks. Or you can each night for $23 bucks. I’ll let you do the math.

Putting “1 dollar off” every ppv purchase would actually costs some people more money and be a slap in the face to some members based on what they do currently.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Yearly cost is less than price of me and the wife hitting the nearest track for 1 single race (gas,eats,drinks,tickets...)
Subscribe if you want, if not stfu about the price...
Nothing worth having is cheap, and DOD is worth every $ you pay... 4M has some outstanding members and like everything else in life has a handful of poor pitiful me mommy little boys who whine and cry about having to wipe their own a$$...
Grow up and be somebody, as Dave Ramsey would say, if you want something and can't afford it...get a freaking job or 3...
Dirt on Dirt is hands down the best platform for any True Dirt Fan but I would agree it's not for Whiney A$$ Wanna Be's...
Happy New Year!!!I’m always amazed by these type of people. As if you and how you spend your money and voice your opinion in an ignorant way are thee only ones that matter.

And you’re whining more than the majority who are complaining, and being completely ignorant about it. If they are a paying consumer of DoD, it is nice for DoD to get feedback. Whether it’s good or bad, if done in a decent, respectable manner, then that is good for DoD. It helps them to improve and attract more consumers.

Majority of us do work, or are retired. And choose to spend their/our money how we see fit. You don’t know peoples financial situations, or what family things they have going on. Many things happen in life that throw wrenches in peoples plans, finances.

I mean if you feel better being an internet tough guy, and talking like a trucker, that’s great. But talking as you are, you’ll get nowhere with anyone on here. But hopefully you feel better.

And yes I’m a paying DoD consumer with a good job. And I’ll keep DoD, because they do a great job and I like the crews of DoD. But to belittle those who voice their opinion and aren’t being sh!tty about it, it’s just ignorant and sure don’t get ya anywhere.

rickybrown1952
01-06-2018, 08:45 PM
i've never watched anything on DOD but I did watch practice last night very good video Quality great deal I'm retired don't know if I can afford the Extra but I think I might it would be well worth what it costs for sure

Illtsate32
01-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Right on CnB..People love to use the forums because the absence of consequences to fullfill their need to talk $hit cause they cant do it to anybody in real life...

bailee
01-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Yeah, but the real question is are there flies hovering around that kids left eyebrow like turkey vultures hovering around road kill? And if so someone might want to contact Sally Struthers

wfofan
01-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Call it as you see it chupp... There's no reason for anyone to be saying anything about DOD raising the price... What they do isn't cheap and if they can't make a living providing a service it'll go away... But since you're the 4m sheriff, forgive me for stating a few facts... Call it how you see it... If you can't afford the price no reason to get online and put the service down for the cost whether it be respectful of not...

waaac77
01-07-2018, 02:15 AM
This is America. If you want something... go freaking get it! If you can’t afford a $10 increase in your DoD subscription then what you’re saying is you for sure are lazy and just do things to get by or meet expectations instead of exceeding expectations but it’s all millenials these days and we should all get handouts and be entitled to what we want and god forbid we have to work for it these days i.e. Alexa stupid machine and self driving cars. DoD has to spend money to provide coverage but of course everyone just expects DoD to cover all their specific needs just to accommodate them and what they want. F the fact that Micheal Rigsby has to go out on the road much like a national touring driver and be away from his Family to provide you the best entertainment in DLM racing. Like someone said, cancel your subscription and it all go away. Be careful what you ask for you idiots

waaac77
01-07-2018, 02:20 AM
Mic drop

Fu ck the pu$$ies!

hucktyson
01-07-2018, 07:59 AM
I'd pay double if they could just have Dustin Jarret and James Essex do ALL of the announcing

JabberJaws83
01-07-2018, 08:17 AM
I'd pay double if they could just have Dustin Jarret and James Essex do ALL of the announcing

Ugh, I would maybe cancel if I had to listen to Essex every race. OH MY!

hucktyson
01-07-2018, 08:32 AM
I just can take Shelton condescending arrogant " interview " style , you really can't call it an interview , he walks up , he asks a question , answers his own question and THEN basically looks to the interview to head nod and confirm he's right since he knows everything before repeating the process with the next question. The purpose of interviewing someone is to at their point of view and he doesn't , he's too arrogant to ever consider there is a point of view other than his. Because you know he's an " engineer" and of course they know everything about everything .... I know I'm going to get bashed for this but clearly you all know I don't care, watch his interviews and tell me legitimately that I'm wrong

bleedblue55
01-07-2018, 09:28 AM
I just can take Shelton condescending arrogant " interview " style , you really can't call it an interview , he walks up , he asks a question , answers his own question and THEN basically looks to the interview to head nod and confirm he's right since he knows everything before repeating the process with the next question. The purpose of interviewing someone is to at their point of view and he doesn't , he's too arrogant to ever consider there is a point of view other than his. Because you know he's an " engineer" and of course they know everything about everything .... I know I'm going to get bashed for this but clearly you all know I don't care, watch his interviews and tell me legitimately that I'm wrong
Says the man whose own arrogance knows no bounds

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Just hope you all realized "the quality of that field" last night. Lol.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Says the man whose own arrogance knows no boundsPun intended, you hit the nail on the head.

CRK
01-07-2018, 12:18 PM
I'd pay double if they could just have Dustin Jarret and James Essex do ALL of the announcingThis is a joke ...right? I’d pay double to never have to hear either one of them again. They need to lose the “Oh My” schtick. That is my one complaint about DoD. Other than that it is well worth the price, even after the increase. Keep up the good work Rigsby and crew...some of us appreciate it.

Bubstr
01-07-2018, 02:33 PM
About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.

As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.

dirtyboy
01-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirrt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?

KAOS
01-07-2018, 04:08 PM
About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.That is a lot harder than it looks. You need to have an announcer who will just look at the monitor and nothing else (very rare even for the NFL,MLB guys), or get the announcer audio in the cameraman's ear. I would think for things like the nascar races a director is telling the announcers in their ear where they are going to go to before/as they take it.

Bubstr
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
That is a lot harder than it looks. You need to have an announcer who will just look at the monitor and nothing else (very rare even for the NFL,MLB guys), or get the announcer audio in the cameraman's ear. I would think for things like the nascar races a director is telling the announcers in their ear where they are going to go to before/as they take it.

Yes, if there was only one camera, it would be impossible. If you needed it in real time, it would be darned hard, but with multiple cameras, you would just need to put a ear bud from the announcer to one camera and some one edits it in at a convenient time. Alakazam, no one wonders what the announcer is talking about.

BTExpress
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
"Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?"

I also pay $50 a year to Sprint Car Unlimited

fryefan
01-07-2018, 09:54 PM
About the announcer sync, this isn't about a pass for 12 spot. At times a hard charger like JD, TMac, B Shep or Bobby Pierce will get buried way deep in the A main. The announcer says he is passing one every lap, fastest car on the track and we don't see them till their race is almost over and grab the lead or crash. It isn't all about the lead. We can see the lead in the news the next day. It's about the live race. Now if DOD has 5 cameras, wouldn't it be prudent to assign one of them to follow the race instead of the lead? It could be shown it a box or run at down time, is what I'm saying. I think it would make a better product for DOD and we wouldn't be wondering, what the announcer was talking about. More like being there and seeing for yourself.

As Far as the sound, I realize my hearing is my problem. It's just that on most things, I can turn up the site volume and my mixer volume enough to get by. With DOD, it is not there to turn up, which confuses me. We have the ability to turn it down if too loud. I know DoD can turn it up or down. Is there a reason it's down? I can hear on amplified head set, but then my grandson or friends can't hear then. I get by on most other sites with audio. I really meant this to be constructive criticism or addressing my problem, not a bitch fest.

The sound issue has to be something related to how your devices are picking up DOD, because as someone else stated earlier it is just as loud, if not louder, than the sound received from other sites.

Dlmfan123
01-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Thanks dod for the awesome coverage once again. Need to get Essex to the desert soon👍🏾

BirkyTime15B
01-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Been a member since day 1 at DoD. The price is a steal. As a Chef I can't usually do the PPV so having the full coverage of big events the 9$ a month is a complete steal. I will continue to support DoD and high five all there team while out here in AZ covering the WWS. Cheers to another 10 years :)

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Sounds a lot like you.......no?

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Just a quick question for everyone, how many websites beside Dirrt on Dirt do you pay a subscription fee to?

I send bubstr a new set of doily's every other month to stay current with my charm school dues......but other than that, dod is it.

zach51
01-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Two things I can recommend to Mr. Rigsby... allow a NEW prospective customer to have a 14 day free trial to see what they are missing. My ex-gf offered that to me and I stuck around for two years paying a heck of a lot more than $10.00 per month for a lot less satisfaction than DoD can provide.

Am I the only one that thought this was hilarious? POST OF THE YEAR!

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Right on CnB..People love to use the forums because the absence of consequences to fullfill their need to talk $hit cause they cant do it to anybody in real life...

Not true for everybody......plenty of folks that visit 4m can and do back up what they say.

Screen to screen or face to face, makes no difference.....ask around.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Thought I had addressed most of this ... but I'll gladly hop on again and take another crack at it.

1) As I mentioned in my original post ... unless something drastically changes on how we include PPV's in subcription (no plan at this time too ... although you may receive one in the near future as part of subscription cost) .... there are NO PLANS ANY TIME SOON to raise prices at all. Again this was all about staff, covering races, expense ... but again ... ZERO PLANS for a long time to touch price after this increase. Book that.

2) The only thing that would make it go up ... was if we said .... "okay the entire UMP Summernationals are included in subscription" or something like that. But again ... we can't really do that....and no plans to do so in the future.

3) Regarding those that want "tiers", etc .... as I explained in the original post. We share PPV revenue with promoters and sanctions ... therefore we can't "mix those models" .... if we included PPV's in the cost of your subscription, there would be no "new revenue" to share after an event. That simply won't work, and can't.

4) Volume issues. Honestly have never heard that one, or gotten that complaint. Give me a call or text and perhaps I an walk you through how to fix it.

5) "Announcer sync" ... I obsessively re-watch our PPV's. The sync between announcers and cameras bats at least 85-90% .... and that's a really good rate. Does it get "off" from time to time yes ... but we are VERY on things. And keep in mind ... while we work very closely with the announcers ... they do every once and awhile grab something that we don't have ... and we simply can't control it ... it's gonna happen.

6) Regarding "shooting the leaders"... my philosophy is pretty simple. This is a race ... to the finish. Very little is more important than the lead. Now if someone is charging through the field ... we WILL grab it, and most of the time do. We often Double-Box as well if you've seen our PPV's. That adds alot. But at the end of the day, as they used to say on PRN ... NOTHING is more important than the lead. Imagine the outrage if we miss a massive pass for the lead ... that'd be worse than ... "you missed the battle for 12th".

7) Finally .... we do our best ... that's about all I can give. Our best. We hope it's enough.

Thanks everyone!

Run what you brung and hope you brought enough.........you guys always do.

No way in h ell you guys don't go to sleep at night not knowing you have brought your best.....signed, another idiot dlm fan:)

Bubstr
01-08-2018, 08:38 PM
I send bubstr a new set of doily's every other month to stay current with my charm school dues......but other than that, dod is it.

BBQ Boy crochets them his self too. He is about to make a major break threw and learn to take it as well as dish it out. Some day he will learn, to stop poking bears.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 09:40 PM
BBQ Boy crochets them his self too. He is about to make a major break threw and learn to take it as well as dish it out. Some day he will learn, to stop poking bears.

Are you telling me I need better coaching???

Not poking any bears at all bubster, we all are allowed opinions and retort.....you don't have that market cornered.

I respect your obvious knowledge, but detest your holier than though wet blanket on every conversation you don't approve of......not sure really what else to say other than lighten up.

Barbecueboy
01-08-2018, 10:00 PM

And just so you know where I stand ,if you are going to make a threat of some sort.......don't be a kitty about it.

Krooser
01-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Am I the only one that thought this was hilarious? POST OF THE YEAR!

Thank you... thank you very much!

Bubstr
01-09-2018, 09:17 AM
And just so you know where I stand ,if you are going to make a threat of some sort.......don't be a kitty about it.

That was no threat. Disrespecting others comes with it's own rewards. People can read and tell your true nature by what you write.

When good people don't say anything, bad things happen.

Barbecueboy
01-09-2018, 10:50 AM
Ok bubster, I'm wrong about everything........you are the voice and ruler of 4m and how it should all be.

Have fun

blncfn57
01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Ok bubster, I'm wrong about everything........you are the voice and ruler of 4m and how it should all be.

Have fun

You forget to mention your love for him....... LOL

Barbecueboy
01-09-2018, 04:22 PM
You forget to mention your love for him....... LOL

I love the knowledge and history he brings to the table..........the whole " act like I want you to act or else" is ridiculous.

There isn't a soul in here that can't tell real legit conversation apart from the not so legit bs that flows through this site and others.......not one soul.

According to Him I bring nothing to the table but misbehavior and have totally disrespected a bunch of folks in here .If you are somebody other than He, hucky, husker and the 87 screen names that litey and the dirt classic group had and feel you have been disrespected then I am sorry I got out of line and will do better to act my age.

For the guys on that list that I know I've disrespected, the reasons are legit and it's not by accident ,I guess I'll just take my whoopin when that time comes.

Clayton_Wetter
01-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Are you telling me I need better coaching???

Not poking any bears at all bubster, we all are allowed opinions and retort.....you don't have that market cornered.

I respect your obvious knowledge, but detest your holier than though wet blanket on every conversation you don't approve of......not sure really what else to say other than lighten up.

Light one up?????

chupp n bloomer fan
01-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Call it as you see it chupp... There's no reason for anyone to be saying anything about DOD raising the price... What they do isn't cheap and if they can't make a living providing a service it'll go away... But since you're the 4m sheriff, forgive me for stating a few facts... Call it how you see it... If you can't afford the price no reason to get online and put the service down for the cost whether it be respectful of not...Nah, Bubstr has that baby sewed up(sheriff). 77 and you are just acting like you all got the only opinion that matters. B!tching is b!tching, whether it is for something or against something, if you can’t form an opinion without a ton of name calling, I’d get a dictionary.

shaferz
01-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Long time subscriber here. Everyone hates price increases, but I will not be cancelling. Too much great content that I can depend on rather than reading random facebook posts for results.

We also order most PPV's (other than those that we will be attending) - and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work Rigsby!