PDA

View Full Version : Donald McIntosh answers critics with Hangover victory

Returning to Dirt
01-02-2018, 07:15 AM
http://insidedirtracing.com/donald-mcintosh-answers-critics-with-hangover-victory/

Some questioned McIntosh's decision to leave Blount Motorsports in favor of going out on his own but he won in his first outing with a new car.

slmcrewchief99
01-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Sorry but winning the 1st race of the year didn't answer much. Come back at the end of the year and let's talk then. JS

blncfn57
01-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Sorry but winning the 1st race of the year didn't answer much. Come back at the end of the year and let's talk then. JS

exactly. The competition he beat is no comparison to the competition he is going to face throughout the year. I don't think anyone was critical of him leaving Blount, They're critical about him running unproven stuff against the lucas boys.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-02-2018, 10:06 AM
He performed better than I expected, but as others have said, that was no Lucas field. I hope he continues to exceed expectations. We will see.

willardboy
01-02-2018, 12:58 PM
It wasnt a Lucas Oil field at 411 but there were still some good cars there. I know its a January race that doesnt mean a lot but it was a good start to a new year with a new chassis and new team. Theres not a SLM driver / team out there that wouldnt wanna cash a $4000 check in a January race. Congrats!

CageFaraday
01-02-2018, 06:46 PM
It wasnt a Lucas Oil field at 411 but there were still some good cars there. I know its a January race that doesnt mean a lot but it was a good start to a new year with a new chassis and new team. Theres not a SLM driver / team out there that wouldnt wanna cash a $4000 check in a January race. Congrats!

True, very true. I agree winning that race was a positive, but hardly the rock hard evidence of success in the future. So then this is his own team then? Wonder if that 007 is an XR1 copy, sure would make the learning curve a little less steep for him?

rcmaster
01-02-2018, 09:22 PM
yes a copy

Krooser
01-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Likely a copy with certain changes... and I like the Buick aspect... if it's the same basic deal as the drag guys run it will make HP.