PDA

View Full Version : Traction control

Dirtmod13
01-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Watching the Wild West shootout, Ricky Thornton jr moves up 6 or more spots in 8 laps, going into the corner after he’s back on the gas and back on the bars you can see flames shooting out of the header. Looks like a misfire but he’s moving forward on a fast track. Is this how traction control can be seen? More easily seen when he’s in the shade. He’ll be racing again later tonight. Look for the flames

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-07-2018, 12:14 AM
Not too likely, imo.

TS3g
01-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Rev limiter. I only noticed it when he was running the top from the end of the straight to mid corner, meaning he was out of gear and on the chip a lot, but still had his foot in it.

stock car driver
01-07-2018, 09:26 PM
no, thats the chip, on alky.

seen tc put in turned on and turned off, no way anyone is SEEING it, no way. This was 15 years ago.

modman1010
01-07-2018, 10:58 PM
What about these guys with their rear brake rotors glowing all the way around the track??

hipower17
01-08-2018, 06:33 AM
traction control now who runs that? lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-08-2018, 07:10 AM
traction control now who runs that? lol

Guys who buy one thinking that is why they cant win. Then they put it up for sale.

stock car driver
01-08-2018, 03:14 PM
What about these guys with their rear brake rotors glowing all the way around the track??

That is caused by trail breaking, if you drag your brakes it keeps the car loaded up in the corners.

8-9 years ago I was welding some midget pads together made by red stuff and could trail brake my stock car and just keep the gas wide open on a slick dusty track and pull it down to corner speed with my brakes and slowly release them or modulate them and drive off the corner like a scalded bear....

if the car is loaded up its ready to go. think about it in a modified if you let that car drop all the way down, it doesnt go forward at its max efficiency until everything is loaded back up...

they keep them loaded and ready now with shocks more than anything.

imca outlawed ceramic rotors ten years ago because of trail breaking and whiners.

badfast47
07-10-2022, 01:29 PM
If you don't cheat you can't win. Thank you an
d good nite

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-11-2022, 07:06 AM
If you don't cheat you can't win. Thank you an
d good nite

If you don't think the guy beating you is cheating, you can't feel good about your failure.