PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Weiss Wins Wild West Shootout Opener

Ben Shelton
01-10-2018, 01:28 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 10, 2018

Ricky Weiss Wins Wild West Shootout Opener

Headingly, Manitoba, Canada (01/10/18) – Ricky Weiss kicked off his 2018 campaign in convincing style with a victory aboard his Derrick’s Sandblasting #7w Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Late Model during the opening round of the 12th annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout.

“I knew that this new Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car was good, but I’ll admit that even I didn’t think we’d be standing in Victory Lane on the very first night,” the Canadian racer said. “Thanks to all of my team and my sponsors for getting me to Victory Lane to start the year.”

Kicking off the 2018 season, Ricky Weiss made the trek to FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway (Queen Creek, Arizona) on Saturday night for the opening round of the 12th annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout.

With 50 Super Late Models on hand for the first round of the six-race tour, Weiss followed up the fastest time in his qualifying group with a heat race victory. Earning the pole position for the feature after the redraw, Ricky led the opening 17 laps until surrendering the lead to Chris Simpson.

Jumping to the high side late in the race for one final shot at regaining the top spot, Ricky Weiss blasted past Simpson and then streaked to his first win of the season. Simpson, Mike Marlar, Brandon Sheppard, and Garrett Alberson completed the Top-5 finishers. He captured a $5,000 payday for his late-race heroics.

Returning on Sunday evening, Weiss timed in second fastest in his group before placing second in his heat race behind Mike Marlar. Rolling off seventh for the feature, Ricky worked his way into a podium spot by the mid-point of the race and was challenging race-leader Bobby Pierce for the lead by lap 21. After making a pass for the lead coming out of turn four on lap 21, Weiss and Pierce made contact, which sent Ricky into the turn-one exit barrier which brought his night to an abrupt and disappointing end. Able to walk away from the contact uninjured, Weiss was credited with a 23rd-place finish.

“As good as Saturday night’s outcome was, proved to be just how bad Sunday night’s end result was, but it is what it is,” Weiss said. “We’re focused on getting things back on track and claiming more wins during the final four races of this series.”

For more results from these events, please visit www.WildWestShootout.net .
Ricky resumes action in the 12th annual Wild West Shootout on Wednesday night with another $5,000-to-win event. Friday and Saturday will also see $5,000-to-win affairs being contested, while the miniseries will draw to a close on Sunday evening with a $13,000-to-win program.

Ricky Weiss would like to thank his marketing partners and sponsors including Derrick's Sandblasting. A.I.E. Bell Mobility, Penske Shocks, Hawkeye Construction, Mark Brandt Trucking, The Orthopaedic Institute of Western Kentucky, Allied Roofing Inc., Forest Flying Services, Keewatin Truck Service, Turk Enterprises, Swift Springs, Metalz In Motion, Wulff Pumps, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Schaeffer Oil, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Ricky Weiss please visit his website at www.WeissRacing7.com .