PDA

View Full Version : DIRT MILLION - Driver Registration now online - How it works posted on registration

HoosierDirtFan
01-10-2018, 04:30 PM
DIRT MILLION - Dirt Million driver registration now on line.
Also there is an explanation of how it all works.

Go to the Dirt Million Facebook page - There is a video of Cody talking about the race and how it works.

Registration Link - http://www.dirtmillion.com/registration.html

HoosierDirtFan
01-10-2018, 08:34 PM
After watching the video. Drivers it is in your best interest to register as early as possible. listen to the video to hear why.
Video Link - http://www.facebook.com/DirtMillion/videos/821807451331507/?hc_ref=ARTVebHyWcCCiHPUvQE0rKjT5-t1uZ2RPag3G6lWevlZyWrL_VimjvQqnjjqxd4CRnl&pnref=story

Tireguy17
01-10-2018, 09:28 PM
I don’t see 99% of drivers who register “self promoting” their page to gain reward points. Most drivers do not do social media. Good luck with it, it sure is unique to say the least.

billetbirdcage
01-11-2018, 12:39 AM
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL RELEASE: By submitting this registration form, the Driver and Car owner hereby authorize event management and it's authorized agents, the right to use such Driver's Name, Likeness, performance and car # as they choose and for all purposes including but not limited to photographs, videos, images, audio, merchandise, promotional materials, print, digital, social media, including such Driver's racing vehicles of which they compete. This release is granted both before the scheduled event and after the scheduled event.

it seems they own the right to use and sell your likeness for life? Hell, I'd take just the rights to sell bloomer stuff without monetary compensation

billetbirdcage
01-11-2018, 12:41 AM
RELINQUISHMENTS REQUIRED: All registered drivers & car owner's hereby understand and agree to relinquish specific items to event management. These relinquished items will become the sole property of event management, will not be returned and event management shall use such items for any purpose event management may choose. All relinquished items are as follows; At the completion of the DIRT MILLION main event, all 28 main event starters will be required to remove the (Passenger Side) right side door panel (As Is) from the vehicle of which they competed in the race. The door panel will be relinquished to event management and will not be returned. The DIRT MILLION main event race winner will also be required to relinquish several other items including; the race vehicle's (Driver Side) Left side door panel, Right Rear Quarter Panel, Left Rear Quarter Panel and Hood; the Driver will be required to relinquish the hand gloves, helmet, shoes and steering wheel of which they competed with in the main event.

zyoung25
01-11-2018, 12:49 AM
Some of this stuff seems kinda strange to me, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks so.

BloomerHarvickFan
01-11-2018, 04:28 AM
This seems ridiculous. I'm guessing they will auction off all of the stuff that is "relinquished". I'm a little surprised they didn't ask for the winner's driving suit as well.

willardboy
01-11-2018, 06:27 AM
That sounds crazy ! How bout the winner relinquishing their first born child too ? lol

BloomerHarvickFan
01-11-2018, 06:59 AM
I really don't see some of the top drivers putting too much effort into the registration driver page deal.
I mean take Bloomquist for example. Doesn't have a PR person, and really doesn't seem to put much effort into his website or social media.
Plus, it sounds like the biggest advantage is the point system to get you a provisional. Well, since this is a Lucas Oil race, the top guys from that series will have provisionals anyway.

Tireguy17
01-11-2018, 07:03 AM
That is easily $2,000 worth of stuff the winner will give up. Wonder how many drivers do not read the fine print when registering? Hope they will now.

Josh Bayko
01-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Some of this stuff seems kinda strange to me, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Some of it?

This whole deal is super shady.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Some of it?

Glad folks are catching on.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-11-2018, 07:44 AM
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL RELEASE: By submitting this registration form, the Driver and Car owner hereby authorize event management and it's authorized agents, the right to use such Driver's Name, Likeness, performance and car # as they choose and for all purposes including but not limited to photographs, videos, images, audio, merchandise, promotional materials, print, digital, social media, including such Driver's racing vehicles of which they compete. This release is granted both before the scheduled event and after the scheduled event.

it seems they own the right to use and sell your likeness for life? Hell, I'd take just the rights to sell bloomer stuff without monetary compensation

No kidding. It might take some years, but you could probably bank a million on selling Bloomer merch.

Josh Bayko
01-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Glad folks are catching on.

I was skeptical from day one. When something sounds too good to be true, it generally is.

Highside Hustler25
01-11-2018, 08:39 AM
While it does seem a little weird, it's basically only some sheet metal unless you are the lucky winner.
And if you are the one cashing the super large check, I think those other items such as helmet and steering wheel can be replaced.
I'm sure Cody is trying to come up with anything he can to generate money for this event. The guy has got to do whatever it take to come up with this kind of purse. Good luck. I think he's gonna need it to make that magical Million Dollar mark.
I also think the early entry will benefit a lot of guys. Anyone not in line for a Lucas provisional would benefit from it. I seem to be seeing a lot of racers sharing the Facebook advertisement on this event. Don't know if they have actually registered yet but it's caught their interest anyway.

zyoung25
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Some of it?

The race itself sounds normal 100 laps and 100k to the winner. All of this other hoopla is what has me scratching my head. I dont feel like some of these gimmicks are needed. Just have 100k to win race, pay throughout the field well, and the drivers and fans will come from miles away.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-11-2018, 09:21 AM
The race itself sounds normal 100 laps and 100k to the winner. All of this other hoopla is what has me scratching my head. I dont feel like some of these gimmicks are needed. Just have 100k to win race, pay throughout the field well, and the drivers and fans will come from miles away.

Then you can't call it the Dirt Million. Despite the fact the US mints 1700 new millionaires a day, that number holds a psychological power. Thus, the circus to make it appear feasible.

HoosierDirtFan
01-11-2018, 09:32 AM
While it does seem a little weird, it's basically only some sheet metal unless you are the lucky winner.
And if you are the one cashing the super large check, I think those other items such as helmet and steering wheel can be replaced.
I'm sure Cody is trying to come up with anything he can to generate money for this event. The guy has got to do whatever it take to come up with this kind of purse. Good luck. I think he's gonna need it to make that magical Million Dollar mark.
I also think the early entry will benefit a lot of guys. Anyone not in line for a Lucas provisional would benefit from it. I seem to be seeing a lot of racers sharing the Facebook advertisement on this event. Don't know if they have actually registered yet but it's caught their interest anyway.

I noticed a lot of drivers and teams sharing the post about registration as well. He!! I think Feger shared it like 4-5 times already.

Josh Bayko
01-11-2018, 09:34 AM

All the gimmicks are absolutely absurd. It's a 100k race, promote it as such.

Krooser
01-11-2018, 10:45 AM
I got grandfathered in by knowing Blackie...

TerryM
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
I thought it seemed odd when it was first announced. Now it’s even stranger.

3 wide
01-11-2018, 12:41 PM
It's getting stranger by the minutes now they want half a race car I wonder what is next I can't wait to see what ticket prices are for this should be real interesting.

golddirt
01-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Exactly 3 wide

Highside Hustler25
01-11-2018, 01:50 PM
I got grandfathered in by knowing Blackie...

Can I get a T Shirt before you go Global? I want to say I was a fan before you became a icon:cool:

Pennsboro23
01-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Count me in as being concerned what the ticket prices are going to be for this race.

golddirt
01-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Sounds like this may be last thing announced. Just too many ifs.

HawkFan11
01-11-2018, 02:44 PM
All the gimmicks are absolutely absurd. It's a 100k race, promote it as such.Lol It's not a 100,000 to win race though🤔

billetbirdcage
01-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Although I posted the section on the terms, I don't want to sound like I'm a hater yet.

It could be very likely it's just the way it's written with no real scam intent. They want the right to advertise you before the race and maybe use you for the coming years to promote the race. BUT: The way it's written someone could be signing away their likeness rights if the promoter wanted to be shady about it.

Again didn't want to make it sound like I was saying it was a scam, but there are definitely things there that could be taken advantage from it.

HoosierDirtFan
01-11-2018, 03:12 PM
I Think we should wait and see how this turns out before we totally judge it.
For all we know when it all comes together and things start happening and we all see how it works and plays out.
Then we'll all have an idea how this could possibly work.
I wouldn't doubt it if other promoters are sitting back and waiting to see how it all plays out over the next 7 months to see if they would try something like this on a smaller scale.
Gateway is a success.
For all we know is this could turn it to something of a success similar to how the Gateway idea came about.
The guy has a knack for thinking outside the box.
Give him a chance before you really start to judge this.
I think because it is a bit confusing is what might be some of the issue with some folks not totally understanding the idea.
Understandably there are many who have some reservation about this event and how it will all come together leading up to the race.
Like a lot of things in this world it could end up being a head turner.
Maybe Cody just needs to clarify a little bit better to folks how he believes it will play out.
Now I've red a lot about the event just like the rest of you and can understand how this can be a bit confusing.
Once it all starts happening and people start buying reserve tickets online, buying merchandise early, Drivers / Teams registering for the event, driver pages start being loaded to the Dirt Million website, Sponsors donating, ect., then we all will have a better idea of how this is intended to work.
I think there is a chance like everything else new in dirt racing it could turn into a big success.
Now we all know there is a slim chance it will make it to a total $1,000,000 in purse money, but I think it there is a good chance the purse could hit the $750,000 mark.
There is a lot of hype about the event and understandably so when we think about the possibility of a $1,000,000 total purse happing for the 1st time in what 17 years.
Now it may not be likely but it is still a possibility may it be a slim one at that it's still possible.
I like the rest of the folks in dirt racing will be keeping an eye to see how it all plays out over the coming months.
I think it's great there is someone willing to try something new and stick their neck out like this and put his reputation on the line in a big way.
Let's say this end up working out.
How many others around dirt racing would be willing to try something even remotely close to this?
My guess is not very many.
Sometimes things just are not understood until they come to fruition.

Just my two cents.

3 wide
01-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Earl paid a million to win and the fans didn't have to donate money just buy a ticket and they still run a 100 thousand to win race ever year plus they run 2 features on Thursday night an 2 features on Friday night before the race on sat. On a track that is way better than Mansfield.

Dlmfan123
01-11-2018, 08:49 PM
not Sure what the deal is with the bodys but i think it’s awesome that they are putting money from everything back into the purse

BloomerHarvickFan
01-12-2018, 04:44 AM
Although I posted the section on the terms, I don't want to sound like I'm a hater yet.

It could be very likely it's just the way it's written with no real scam intent. They want the right to advertise you before the race and maybe use you for the coming years to promote the race. BUT: The way it's written someone could be signing away their likeness rights if the promoter wanted to be shady about it.

Again didn't want to make it sound like I was saying it was a scam, but there are definitely things there that could be taken advantage from it.

I don't think it's a scam. The only way it would be a scam is if it said something like "exclusive" rights. I think all tracks and series pretty much have the right to use drivers names and likenesses to promote races, don't they? I have seen a lot of shirts with the previous year's winner on it, or posters with the last year's winner on them promoting the race.
I think that would be perfectly fine. Fast forward 5 yrs. If this race is still a thing, they may want to have an event shirt with all the previous winners cars on it. That sort of thing is what they are looking to do. It sounds like this is all about promoting this event, now and in the future.
I'm not a legal expert, but I image a driver or two that will at least make a call to their lawyer to make sure it doesn't go beyond that.

BloomerHarvickFan
01-12-2018, 04:47 AM
This is actually on Eldora Speedway's website. It looks like the Dirt Million people are just extending it beyond the immediate time frame.

(6) I hereby assign to ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. and ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. sponsors the non-exclusive rights to my image and likeness, and the image of my vehicle, whether portrayed in still or action pictures, drawings, or other artistic renderings, relating to or depicting my participation in ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. sanctioned events; but only in connection with advertising and promotions relating to the Event and the 2016 & 2017 Series.

3 wide
01-12-2018, 05:23 AM
Let me see if I got this right you get on the computer spend a bunch of money put it under your favorite driver and he might automatically wind up in the race this is for 4 drivers it don't matter if they can drive or not now all you got to do is put them on the front to rows and pile up about 20 going into turn one so you get on the computer and throw a bunch of money at your driver and he might wind up in the race this is the most money grabbing out fit I have ever seen.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2018, 05:55 AM
This is actually on Eldora Speedway's website. It looks like the Dirt Million people are just extending it beyond the immediate time frame.

(6) I hereby assign to ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. and ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. sponsors the non-exclusive rights to my image and likeness, and the image of my vehicle, whether portrayed in still or action pictures, drawings, or other artistic renderings, relating to or depicting my participation in ELDORA SPEEDWAY, INC. sanctioned events; but only in connection with advertising and promotions relating to the Event and the 2016 & 2017 Series.

This is much more limited language. It limits time and usage.

BloomerHarvickFan
01-12-2018, 06:10 AM
This is much more limited language. It limits time and usage.

Oh, I agree. It's definitely broader at the Dirt Million..but I think it's essentially the same thing.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Oh, I agree. It's definitely broader at the Dirt Million..but I think it's essentially the same thing.

Not sure a court would agree.

gumby_32d
01-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Can we get Mike Hammerle s signed up for this? I would like to see how many driver points he would pile up.

PITTSBURGH
01-14-2018, 09:04 AM
I think they are trying to draw the nascrap crowd their way. If this is a success maybe this will keep the nascrap people from going to the boring races like the North/South 100, DTWC, Jackson 100, The Hillbilly etc....

chupp n bloomer fan
01-14-2018, 09:13 AM
Earl paid a million to win and the fans didn't have to donate money just buy a ticket and they still run a 100 thousand to win race ever year plus they run 2 features on Thursday night an 2 features on Friday night before the race on sat. On a track that is way better than Mansfield.Comparing any other track to Eldora is never a fair comparison. As far as late models go. Mansfield just reopened last year, Eldora hasn’t been closed down ever. And had one of the best owners/promoters ever.

Just like trying to compare any track to Knoxville for sprints. Ain’t happening.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-14-2018, 09:14 AM
I think they are trying to draw the nascrap crowd their way. If this is a success maybe this will keep the nascrap people from going to the boring races like the North/South 100, DTWC, Jackson 100, The Hillbilly etc....He is trying to promote, just in a different way. I don’t think anyone cares about what’s left of the NASCAR crowd.

3 wide
01-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm not comparing the race tracks they make it a big deal that it is going to pay a 100 grand when elodea pays that ever year.

PITTSBURGH
01-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Wait till they start the cookiecutter dirt tracks like ahh Charlotte, Mansfield. The nascrap people will be there to ruin dirt also!

King1
01-14-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm sure all of that was written by a good lawyer. I personally don't think Eldora produces the best races. The world 100 last year was a snoozer and the North south was a much better race.

This guy is smart and is taking measures to promote his race via social media. Don't be surprised if he uses geo fencing to get the word out, that technology is scary and somehow legal. If you targeted just the normal dirt crowd to pay out what he wants to pay out youd never get enough people in there to pay it out and make money. I personally think a race at say, martinsville with super high pay with the capacity to hold that many people would be the smartest thing. Finding a track on the nascar schedule that would allow dirt is slim to none.

3 wide
01-14-2018, 04:16 PM
They only have 2 races scheduled.

HoosierDirtFan
01-14-2018, 05:06 PM
They only have 2 races scheduled.

3 races so far scheduled - Their on the American Modified Series 2018 Schedule for Sunday, July 1st 2018 for a $2,000 to win & $200 to start race.
www.americanmodifiedseries.com/schedule.php

Tireguy17
01-14-2018, 06:27 PM
Sadly I think there are a lot of fans out there that think this race is paying a Million dollars, strictly because of the event name, and not looking into details further than the dates and location. That’s the only way I can I can figure when reading the social media responses on Facebook pages.

3 wide
01-15-2018, 05:54 AM
Your correct but they make it look that way the total purse will be a million if they get enough donations.

dirty-white-boy
01-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Earl paid a million to win and the fans didn't have to donate money just buy a ticket and they still run a 100 thousand to win race ever year plus they run 2 features on Thursday night an 2 features on Friday night before the race on sat. On a track that is way better than Mansfield.

A FREAKIN MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You win 4m Post of the year!

TackyTracker
01-15-2018, 01:44 PM
so how much are tickets??

rickybrown1952
01-15-2018, 04:10 PM
RELINQUISHMENTS REQUIRED: All registered drivers & car owner's hereby understand and agree to relinquish specific items to event management. These relinquished items will become the sole property of event management, will not be returned and event management shall use such items for any purpose event management may choose. All relinquished items are as follows; At the completion of the DIRT MILLION main event, all 28 main event starters will be required to remove the (Passenger Side) right side door panel (As Is) from the vehicle of which they competed in the race. The door panel will be relinquished to event management and will not be returned. The DIRT MILLION main event race winner will also be required to relinquish several other items including; the race vehicle's (Driver Side) Left side door panel, Right Rear Quarter Panel, Left Rear Quarter Panel and Hood; the Driver will be required to relinquish the hand gloves, helmet, shoes and steering wheel of which they competed with in the main event.Are you kidding me right now if I'm understanding this correctly I mean cmon even their gloves,shoes and steering wheel man are these people money hungry or what

3 wide
01-16-2018, 10:09 AM
You got it plus the side panel from ever car that makes the race you would think this was the only 100 grand race ever run if you didn't know better.