PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Kings Late Model Tour 2018 Schedule.. 14 races including $10K Scheffler Memorial

HoosierDirtFan
01-13-2018, 07:47 AM
Dirt Kings Late Model Tour
Wisconsin
2018 Schedule - http://www.dirtkingstour.com/2018schedule

- - - - -

DIRT KINGS LATE MODEL TOUR 2018 SCHEDULE
Saturday, April 14th - Shawano Speedway - Shawano, WI - Spring Thaw

Saturday, May 19th - Shawano Speedway - Shawano, WI - Kings Classic

Friday, May 25th - Spring Lake Speedway - Unity, WI - Solute To Service

Friday, June 8th - Luxemburg Speedway - Luxemburg, WI - Battle By The Bay

Tuesday, June 19th - 141 Speedway - Francis Creek, WI - Clash To Be King

Friday, June 29th - 141 Speedway - Francis Creek, WI - George & Russ Scheffler Memorial $10,000 to win

Sunday, July 1st - Eagle Valley Speedway - Jim Falls, WI - Independence Day Bash

Friday, July 6th - Dodge County Fairgrounds - Beaver Dam, WI - Mid Summer Showdown

Sunday, August 5th - Outagamie Speedway - Seymour, WI - Summer Sizzler

Friday, August 17th - Wilmot Raceway - Wilmot, WI - Event Details Coming Soon.

Sunday, September 5th - TNT Speedway - Three Lakes, WI - Labor Day Shootout

Saturday, September 8th - Plymouth Dirt Track - Plymouth, WI - Discount Shop Towels 30

Saturday, September 15th - Wilmot Raceway - Wilmot, WI - Jim Wildman" Watson Classic

Thursday, September 27th - 141 Speedway - Francis Creek, WI - Crowning Of The King

petesbuyin
01-13-2018, 08:08 AM
The Sheffler memorial race at 141 has already been cancelled and the August 5th - Outagamie Speedway race has been moved to August 10th.

Zonks32x
01-13-2018, 11:31 AM
The Sheffler memorial race at 141 has already been cancelled and the August 5th - Outagamie Speedway race has been moved to August 10th.

"Already" been cancelled....makes it sound like you were expecting that news.

The DK series made the announcement at 9pm Thursday night, at the request of the Scheffler family.

After George's atv accident years ago, the event was originally held in August at Manitowoc and the family intended to run the Memorial for 10 years. It was then moved to Oshkosh b/c Manitowoc was shut down.

Fast forward to 2017. The family loses Russ unexpectedly and Oshkosh shuts down at the end of the year. I feel bad for the drivers, their families, and race fans at Oshkosh.

I don't feel sorry for the promoter who can't prep a track, dragged out shows to sell more food, and insulted fans on social media.

Fast forward to '18. The event gets moved to its third track location, the traditional August date gets switched to June, and now the event is in memory of a father and his son. That's a lot for any family to bear.

The DK series will schedule/find another event and I wish all the best to the Scheffler family after a very difficult 2017.

petesbuyin
01-13-2018, 05:28 PM
Did not mean to imply anything, Only that the schedule had some changes and the information posted was not up to date.

Zonks32x
01-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Did not mean to imply anything, Only that the schedule had some changes and the information posted was not up to date.

True and true. Point taken...

Hopefully, the DK series continues to grow and get better. It''a good for the drivers/teams, the tracks, and us fans in WI.

The Plymouth DK race last year was the best race I saw last season. Better than any of the Lucas and WoO shows I attended.

i like racing
04-09-2018, 04:02 PM
Jared Siefert plans on racing for the Dirt Kings championship this year. - https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/2018/04/07/racer-jared-siefert-take-new-chassis-road-search-dirt-kings-championship/495376002/

i-pod
04-09-2018, 06:11 PM
The August 17th race is with the AELMT!

Krooser
04-09-2018, 08:31 PM
The August 17th race is with the AELMT!

Not sure if that will bring more cars as it's a hefty drive for many of the Michigan cars that runs that Ethanol series.

I'll be helping out the #87 of Adam Janke as much as i can this summer. He plans on running the entire DK series.

Scott Boesel
04-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Looking forward to the Jim Falls race

Zonks32x
04-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Not sure if that will bring more cars as it's a hefty drive for many of the Michigan cars that runs that Ethanol series.

I'll be helping out the #87 of Adam Janke as much as i can this summer. He plans on running the entire DK series.

I believe the AELMS is running the next night at LaSalle, so I think you'll see those drivers make the tow b/c they have 2 paying nights.

I would count on more AELMS cars showing up at Wilmot on Friday than DK cars at LaSalle on Sat night.

Ltemodel
04-11-2018, 12:24 PM
The June 29th race has been replaced by the "Diamond 40" at 141 Speedway. It's a 40 lap, $4,000 to win show.