Zonks32x
01-15-2018, 05:00 PM
How many 1/10ths is that worth in qualifying? 😁

MI Dirt Fan
01-15-2018, 05:03 PM
I had a comment but I don't wanna be "that" guy yet... 😉

kidrock
01-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Looks like they should be comfortable on the road. That's one sweet ride.

grt74
01-15-2018, 05:28 PM
all these black haulers, man good luck keeping them looking good, it will take a full time guy just to keep it up

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-15-2018, 06:17 PM
I had a comment but I don't wanna be "that" guy yet... 

Go ahead dont be shy!

rickybrown1952
01-15-2018, 10:24 PM
Go ahead dont be shy!Cmon somebody gotta do it I'm getting old and senile I forget now was it black?

pierceFAN
01-15-2018, 10:44 PM
although it looks amazing...and im sure its got the kush as well....but man thats got to be an awful lot of money

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-16-2018, 12:23 AM
although it looks amazing...and im sure its got the kush as well....but man thats got to be an awful lot of money

Money is not a problem for them!

Krooser
01-16-2018, 12:29 AM
Ho hum......

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Mark Martin tweeted the photo. Does he himself own it

willardboy
01-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Thats the 2nd best black hauler i've seen lately. Thought i'd go ahead and say it. Lol

golddirt
01-16-2018, 12:12 PM
This is one reason late model racing is going to h ell I mean has gone to h ell

WisWildManFan
01-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Few years back at eldora Matt miller said we don't race haulers... Then he went out and won a prelim night. Thought that was a cool quote.

Kwd1253
01-16-2018, 12:28 PM
This is one reason late model racing is going to h ell I mean has gone to h ell

Yeah, them haulers are goin be the death of late model, they are too nice race around the track.

Josh Bayko
01-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Thats the 2nd best black hauler i've seen lately. Thought i'd go ahead and say it. Lol

I'd say third. Bloomer's and Jughans' haulers are sick.

CarolinaDirt
01-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Mark Martin tweeted the photo. Does he himself own it

Not sure if it is owned by Mark or Lance Landers maybe both, it looks like the photo was taken in Landers shop

squaredup12
01-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Curious if that's the old Jared Landers hauler...anybody else notice the 7 on the mat out the back door??

TMaCiLLiNi39
01-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Curious if that's the old Jared Landers hauler...anybody else notice the 7 on the mat out the back door??

It’s a brand new Hauler from S&S... the Mat came from the old Hauler and is interchangeable lol smh

squaredup12
01-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Gotcha. Just curious was all. Knew the old hauler they used for Jared was real similar...at least from the outside.

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Gotcha. Just curious was all. Knew the old hauler they used for Jared was real similar...at least from the outside.

Best bet is not to argue with him if you know what I mean...

nuff said
01-16-2018, 09:23 PM
If I spent that much on a hauler I might go ahead and bite the bullet and get a new mat too.Especially for a photo op.

zyoung25
01-16-2018, 09:48 PM

That hauler is the one that Hudson O'Neal has now. Gavin used a smaller rig style hauler last year. That could be the mat that came out of jareds hauler though.

squaredup12
01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Preciate the clarity zyoung. I know it don't make a hill of beans when it comes to actual racing haha, but those little details interest me. Sick rig regardless though...look forward to seeing it roll into The pits at Boyd's this spring and that clean white car roll out the back.

HoosierDirtFan
01-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Haul your sh*t with a pickup and open trailer and you could afford five more race cars.

Wanted to say the same thing earlier today when I saw the post. It's a nice Hauler but it won't help you win races. Just helps you get there and take more crap with you.

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2018, 11:47 PM
I dunno. They have a pretty good driver to win races regardless of the hauler. And I'm not even a fan. Just sayin'

GRT62
01-17-2018, 07:06 AM
Haul your sh*t with a pickup and open trailer and you could afford five more race cars. Don't think you want to be out on the road for 70+ races running down the highway with a pickup and trailer. And you know between Landers and Mark they could have 5 cars and 5 of these haulers this is a drop in the bucket to these guys. I was at the topless in 15' or 16' and Mark and Lance landed a helicopter in the infield just before the feature started watched the feature climbed back in the chopper and were gone. These guys aint worried about money.

Highside Hustler25
01-17-2018, 07:07 AM
Wanted to say the same thing earlier today when I saw the post. It's a nice Hauler but it won't help you win races. Just helps you get there and take more crap with you.

Yep.....................

Josh Bayko
01-17-2018, 07:23 AM

I get what you're going for, but having more stuff with you absolutely can help to win races. Haulers like this are definitively overkill for weekly racers, but pretty necessary for a team that travels a significant amount.

rickybrown1952
01-17-2018, 08:39 AM
Teams that travel around a big part of the country do need big haulers got a lot of stuff to haul but JD and Bloomquist way to much I don't know what kind of a price these things have on them but they're way up there like MATT Miller said one time we don't race haulers we race cars

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Don't think you want to be out on the road for 70+ races running down the highway with a pickup and trailer. And you know between Landers and Mark they could have 5 cars and 5 of these haulers this is a drop in the bucket to these guys. I was at the topless in 15' or 16' and Mark and Lance landed a helicopter in the infield just before the feature started watched the feature climbed back in the chopper and were gone. These guys aint worried about money.

As stated in post #9 and there $ grows on trees

tb1545
01-17-2018, 09:25 AM
Remember they gotta have room for all of Rumley's toys in there as well. And they all know, 75% of the time you might only use half of what is in the hauler, but that other 25% of the time youre glad you had the other half of the stuff in the hauler to finish the night and maintain points standings. Its not like they are able to drive 10 minutes back to their houses to grab something they forgot.

Josh Bayko
01-17-2018, 09:38 AM
Teams that travel around a big part of the country do need big haulers got a lot of stuff to haul but JD and Bloomquist way to much I don't know what kind of a price these things have on them but they're way up there like MATT Miller said one time we don't race haulers we race cars

Why does it matter to you how much they spent on their “way too much”.

TackyTracker
01-17-2018, 10:07 AM
wow that's awesome

PRCKartRacer9
01-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Open trailers and box vans are so badasss

Barbecueboy
01-17-2018, 06:03 PM

So were 8 tracks, 40 watt power boosters and Jensen 6x9s crammed in the rear window....and I'm being serious.

I love the rig, they can afford it and have earned the right to spend the money how they want......I'm a fan of old school, love the open trailers, but that ship has sailed.

Except from the hammerle port, again......which I love.

a25rjr
01-17-2018, 07:28 PM

.......until they go to unload the backup car!

PRCKartRacer9
01-17-2018, 10:22 PM
I totally understand why they have what they do. An open trailer towed through downtown anywhere gets attention, just as a toter and stacker would

rickybrown1952
01-17-2018, 11:10 PM
OK josh Bayko it is not especially my business but just commenting like a lot more people also I think that it's bad for business the price of things is already through the roof it might be too Late but nothing like trying

wfofan
01-17-2018, 11:49 PM
If you can't afford a nice hauler you can't afford 70 race a year schedules...
Not everyone lives paycheck to paycheck... 😉

Krooser
01-18-2018, 06:34 AM
Don't think you want to be out on the road for 70+ races running down the highway with a pickup and trailer. And you know between Landers and Mark they could have 5 cars and 5 of these haulers this is a drop in the bucket to these guys. I was at the topless in 15' or 16' and Mark and Lance landed a helicopter in the infield just before the feature started watched the feature climbed back in the chopper and were gone. These guys aint worried about money.

The reason they HAVE money is because they worry about it... I don't think they accumulated their personal wealth by luck.

All I'm saying is just think of the fields of cars the local dirt track could have if the money spent on huge shops and trucks was spent on putting more race cars on the track... and a better product for the fans.

This sport was built by guys hauling everything from $25.00 jalopies to Indy 500 winners behind F100's and Buick Roadmasters. I think most of the seasoned racers on this board have some interesting stories about their early days of getting to the track.

Instead of building that $100,000 shop, buying one more RY 45 for a spare or buying that $500,000 transporter how about helping the sport, not your ego, and back a couple young drivers and put those guys in a better car with a better engine so they can run every week and help the sport at the same time.

Pay it forward... just some food for thought.

riddle28
01-18-2018, 06:55 AM
i know lance fairly well and if you go to a weekly race at batesville, youll see how many cars have mark martin automotive on their cars. They do help alot of local racers out there, if it wasnt for lance and mark batesville probably wouldnt even have a track anymore

MI Dirt Fan
01-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Too many people still living in the past.

Krooser
01-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Riddle... that's good to hear. I'm an old acquaintance of Mark... worked with him during my promoting days during his short track days. He even drove my modified one night back in the day...

There's a local outfit here that sponsors a couple big names in dirt racing but also spreads some cash around to lesser local teams and that's a good thing.

MDF... if it means bigger fields and larger crowds you can count me in to that living in the past deal.

Kwd1253
01-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Krooser what would like them haul there cars in and also sleep in?

Crossbones
01-18-2018, 01:19 PM
I don't get it, the hauler is just an s&s truck and trailer, a lot of these out there. Its not like its a custom every detail carefully designed batmobile like Bloomquist has.

jog49
01-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Heck, I always thought it would be fun if you had one of these big rigs to go to small, regional track, pay for pit admission and park there, but never unload, or even open the trailer doors. That would drive the gawkers nuts!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-18-2018, 02:02 PM
I don't get it, the hauler is just an s&s truck and trailer, a lot of these out there. Its not like its a custom every detail carefully designed batmobile like Bloomquist has.

Cuz bloomer wants to be the showboat!

MI Dirt Fan
01-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Cuz bloomer wants to be the showboat!

When you've accomplished everything he has you have every right to.

Duke100
01-18-2018, 04:44 PM
The reason they HAVE money is because they worry about it... I don't think they accumulated their personal wealth by luck.All I'm saying is just think of the fields of cars the local dirt track could have if the money spent on huge shops and trucks was spent on putting more race cars on the track... and a better product for the fans.This sport was built by guys hauling everything from $25.00 jalopies to Indy 500 winners behind F100's and Buick Roadmasters. I think most of the seasoned racers on this board have some interesting stories about their early days of getting to the track.Instead of building that $100,000 shop, buying one more RY 45 for a spare or buying that $500,000 transporter how about helping the sport, not your ego, and back a couple young drivers and put those guys in a better car with a better engine so they can run every week and help the sport at the same time.Pay it forward... just some food for thought.Yeah, and instead of getting in the helicopter after the race, buy everybody in the stands a beer and stick around for a while. Slide down a muddy hill and dive into the crowd ! Nice hauler by the way.

Highside Hustler25
01-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Well, if I make it to a Lucas race, I'll have to drop a deuce in that baby while JD is a qualifyin:DI bet it's nice and clean.

castone
01-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Is JD going to drive that nice rig to the races?

zyoung25
01-18-2018, 06:28 PM

I believe S&S makes the best race car haulers out there, fit and finish, and like you said, most are the same and just are different colors. Scott went to a luxury coach and had that masterpiece built, which I believe is over the top for dirt racing. If you own a pavement car or some sort of drag car, it would be a little more understanding. Anybody that has worked on these things know there are nights where you have to work in the mud, dirt, and dust pretty much all night long. Then we have the nights like EAMS where you're buried in mud.....awesome. I wouldn't want that headache of keeping that thing clean either. Dont get me wrong it's cool to look at and all that, it just seems a lil bit much for the purpose.