PDA

View Full Version : Rocket/Pierce

President Clinton
01-16-2018, 07:27 AM
Does the xr1 make Bobby look bad or does Bobby make Rocket look bad?

AnnouncerLife88
01-16-2018, 07:41 AM
Neither, too early to judge in my opinion. There's no doubt in Bobby's talent and the results show that Rocket is a good piece. Just give 'em some time, I'm sure Bobby will get a handle on it.

Pennsboro23
01-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Are we serious? He has ran 6 races, 3 of those he ran in the top 5, and you're concerned about this team already? The Bobby nay sayers are proving how good this kid is by expecting him to go out west and win all 6 events.

Cardirt0
01-16-2018, 07:51 AM
LOL come back and ask that in 6 mouths... Think they be happy at what they did over the last week...

00Hdmn
01-16-2018, 07:55 AM
I am not a Pierce fan at all but this is just crazy that people want to consistently bash certain drivers, Pierce ran fine and will win some races with team and will be just fine. This is the perfect example of what is wrong with our entire country. Once upon a time even if you didn't like someone you still had morals and didn't talk someone down all the time. We don't have enough drivers and teams the way it is, no need IMO to talk anyone down.

rc24
01-16-2018, 07:57 AM
20th to 6th or 7th the last night on a track that is air dependent for the cars to handle. Pretty good weekend I would say for being in a brand new car with a brand new team. SMH

intel8
01-16-2018, 08:02 AM
Another Pierce thread? 17 pages of crap wasn't enough? Sheesh! No wonder racers quit the sport!

Josh Bayko
01-16-2018, 08:06 AM
Another Pierce thread? 17 pages of crap wasn't enough? Sheesh! No wonder racers quit the sport!

I highly doubt anybody has ever quit the sport because of 4M.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Both are proven commodities. They just haven't quite meshed yet. He was worse than I expected against a so-so field, but it will come.

Hollis
01-16-2018, 08:28 AM
How did this deal come together? Is there a national team on the major circuits running a Pierce chassis? The triangle of Pierce, Rocket and D/B had to take some work. B-Shepp proved that a short track racer from the Midwest can make the transition to a major national circuit. I would guess that B-Shepp had some input into Bobby's ability. How did Rocket become a major player in this deal?Why didn't D/B go with a Pierce Chassis? Bob now a Rocket dealer? Lot of talk about shocks. Will Rocket demand his shocks(Rocket) be installed on the cars that Pierce sells. How much help can Bob give customers that buy his Rocket cars? As you can tell I am not an insider on any of this or I would not be asking these questions. Interesting to me because there has been so much chat about what is going on.

DirtRaceJunky
01-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Wow, 20th to a lap down in 7th....All that & only 11 or 12 cars finished the race. That is impressive.......There are more deserving drivers than a spoon fed primadonna that is Bobby Pierce. I watched guys during these six races in Arizona, get in cars that they had never been in before & perform well. EPJ, Ricky Thornton Jr., Pat Doar, just to name a few. They all got in cars that they had never been in before these races & made shows. They just didn't have the $$$$$$ behind them that Pierce has. Given the same equipment that Pierce had, I would have bet money they would have been in the top 3-5 every race. So tired of everyone saying that Bobby needs time to get use to the XR-1, that is crap. Racecar drivers drive whatever is available & the ones that are good shoes can drive ANYTHING!!!!

MI Dirt Fan
01-16-2018, 08:44 AM
If I recall a member or two on here who shall remain nameless saying no one cares or will remember where you finished unless your winning the race.

Highside Hustler25
01-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Nobody was concerned with the mediocre results of the DB car the last 3 years, but they're on it like flies on (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) now. Things that make ya go hmmmm.

rc24
01-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Bloomer needs to start racing so we have someone else to talk about. I'm guessing Pierce is the 2nd most loved or hated driver now. I think its great for racing!

race14
01-16-2018, 12:54 PM
What did epj do the last few years nothing, I'm sure DB will be more than happy with Bobby because they couldn't get much worse.

Hollis
01-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Nobody was concerned with the mediocre results of the DB car the last 3 years, but they're on it like flies on (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) now. Things that make ya go hmmmm.New deal was promoted heavily on social media by D/B and Pierce. Pretty big deal really. Some remarks were uncalled for. Conspiracy Theory? LOL

President Clinton
01-16-2018, 01:16 PM
So after all these comments we still have no answer as to why little Bobby ain’t doing as good as he did do? I ain’t bashing nor am I promoting him, just assumed with his ability and Rockets knowledge they would be better than what he was?????Rocket ain’t sharing???? Bobby ain’t adapting??? Something??? Last race I seen him run in the Dome he won!

pierceFAN
01-16-2018, 01:39 PM
I repeat...he did finish 4th in points all things considered...2 blown motors...new car...new team...i think they did pretty darn good

formercrewguy
01-16-2018, 02:01 PM
I talked briefly with Bob in the hot pits on Wed. night, and he said aside from the motor issues,they were happy with the XR1 so far.

Cardirt0
01-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Wow, 20th to a lap down in 7th....All that & only 11 or 12 cars finished the race. That is impressive.......There are more deserving drivers than a spoon fed primadonna that is Bobby Pierce. I watched guys during these six races in Arizona, get in cars that they had never been in before & perform well. EPJ, Ricky Thornton Jr., Pat Doar, just to name a few. They all got in cars that they had never been in before these races & made shows. They just didn't have the $$$$$$ behind them that Pierce has. Given the same equipment that Pierce had, I would have bet money they would have been in the top 3-5 every race. So tired of everyone saying that Bobby needs time to get use to the XR-1, that is crap. Racecar drivers drive whatever is available & the ones that are good shoes can drive ANYTHING!!!!

Will One thing to think about the only car he has driven is his dads car up to now...Most of the other drivers you speak of have been in a lot of cars.. Bobby has only been in one the hole time he has raced LM..

Kwd1253
01-16-2018, 02:43 PM

So you saying epj should retire because for last couple years he had the best equipment money can buy and best help around. it took him almost two years to win Lucas when he won at Boyd’s last March. Please tell us how (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty of a driver epj is, no ok. I’m still waiting on you to explain how Bobby was the worst xr-1 you ever seen in the what happened thread.

Kwd1253
01-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Cracker Jack you most have short term memory lost. Epj ran black Diamond two years before jumping back to long horns. Ricky didn’t do nothing pretty much on his home track. Keep smoking on the pipe lol. You are mad Bobby got the DB ride, you can’t land deal at your local gokart track?

a25rjr
01-16-2018, 03:27 PM
So, EPJ had the "best help around" at DB???

Now that's hilarious......their avg age was about 25 with very little dlm experience.

I was very impressed how epj jumped into an unproven car and finished 5th! Look at Ruens finishes after that!

Kwd1253
01-16-2018, 04:35 PM
So, EPJ had the "best help around" at DB???

Now that's hilarious......their avg age was about 25 with very little dlm experience.

I was very impressed how epj jumped into an unproven car and finished 5th! Look at Ruens finishes after that!

So how come Dunn let Bobby have some crew with dlm experience and not epj. I already gave props to epj on 5th place finish. But like I said before the best finish epj had was 5th at Arizona Speedway. So while some people trying crap on Bobby. Epj hasn’t been a world beater in the Dunn car in every long time. But I’m still waiting on DRJ to explain how Bobby and DB has the worst xr-1 he has ever seen. He keeps ducking that question?

dirtcrazy4u
01-16-2018, 04:57 PM
I wonder how many comments are going to be made after he parks someone ? I think his sister should do pit work in a string bikini ? Bloomer should come out and say he will be taking over the seat in the 18 car ? Bob is going to release his new chassis, strangely enough it looks like CJ rock-quist ? 4mers can't stand it anymore and resurrect pennsboro ? TS says i'll show you and eldora fades away ? Yea, about as much sense as guys talking about the Lil bobbie rocket combo this early.

a25rjr
01-16-2018, 07:09 PM
One was Earls son, another his nephew. Don't know who made that decision.

I believe their biggest mistake was an unproven crew chief. That would be like having a great football team and a weak qb!

SHOE32
01-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Jason Raun would make one helluva car owner,top notch equipment,look what Chris Simpson did when he drove that car,now EPJ runs good in it. I love watching "hammer down" Raun drive around the Midwest and his cars are always nice looking.

Illtsate32
01-16-2018, 07:41 PM
What happen to the what happen?! Lol

nuff said
01-16-2018, 08:06 PM
What happen to the what happen?! Lol

Must have had Rocket mentioned too many times without a win.

TBSprintFan
01-16-2018, 08:22 PM
I wonder how many comments are going to be made after he parks someone ? I think his sister should do pit work in a string bikini ? Bloomer should come out and say he will be taking over the seat in the 18 car ? Bob is going to release his new chassis, strangely enough it looks like CJ rock-quist ? 4mers can't stand it anymore and resurrect pennsboro ? TS says i'll show you and eldora fades away ? Yea, about as much sense as guys talking about the Lil bobbie rocket combo this early.

Thanks for the laugh but you forgot long or horn in the CJ rock-quist. lol

a25rjr
01-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Must have had Rocket mentioned too many times without a win.

I was thinking Ciara threatened Rocket and Rocket threatened 4m! :)

Too many hormones to deal with!

kidrock
01-16-2018, 09:20 PM
How did this deal come together? Is there a national team on the major circuits running a Pierce chassis? The triangle of Pierce, Rocket and D/B had to take some work. B-Shepp proved that a short track racer from the Midwest can make the transition to a major national circuit. I would guess that B-Shepp had some input into Bobby's ability. How did Rocket become a major player in this deal?Why didn't D/B go with a Pierce Chassis? Bob now a Rocket dealer? Lot of talk about shocks. Will Rocket demand his shocks(Rocket) be installed on the cars that Pierce sells. How much help can Bob give customers that buy his Rocket cars? As you can tell I am not an insider on any of this or I would not be asking these questions. Interesting to me because there has been so much chat about what is going on.

Who knows they might end up in a Pierce Chassis before it's all said and done. Stay tuned

Dlmfan123
01-16-2018, 09:58 PM
The pierces bought there rockets before the dunn benson deal ever even came about.

pierceFAN
01-16-2018, 10:30 PM
The pierces bought there rockets before the dunn benson deal ever even came about.

true dat!.......

Krooser
01-16-2018, 10:40 PM
I spent 12 years in my own Peterbilts before switching to a new truck owner who runs Kenworths. The seat, pedals and steering wheel are in the same place as my Petes... Maybe it's odd but I made the switch just fine.

I would imagine young Bobby will do the same.

blncfn57
01-16-2018, 11:10 PM

Where did you finish?

It's clear you know nothing about racing and are the poster child for what's wrong with our society today.

I Like BShepp, but why are you not questioning his performance out there? To me, it was far more disappointing than Bobby's. I don't want to hear any excuses about it being the family car either, they are not exactly on a shoe string budget.

zyoung25
01-16-2018, 11:50 PM
One was Earls son, another his nephew. Don't know who made that decision.

I believe their biggest mistake was an unproven crew chief. That would be like having a great football team and a weak qb!

Do you realize how hard it is to find good knowledgeable help on these things before you go pointing fingers at the team? Have you forgot that Ronnie Stuckey himself was with the team at the end of their black diamond stint, and still couldn't get the car to earls liking? Don't get much better than that when the man that builds the cars are going to the track with them, and the results didn't improve.

If you can name one top wrench man that would've been a help to their program....name him. Most already have a job, or have walked away from the sport.

I still find it funny you claimed to be so close with those guys, and none of them know who you were.

Hollis
01-17-2018, 12:36 AM
The pierces bought there rockets before the dunn benson deal ever even came about.So when they bought the ROCKETS did they at that time become a dealer for Rocket? I do not recall reading about it. The D/B switch to Rockets was because of Bobby?

blncfn57
01-17-2018, 12:39 AM
So when they bought the ROCKETS did they at that time become a dealer for Rocket? I do not recall reading about it. The D/B switch to Rockets was because of Bobby?

Yes and Yes The 2 Rockets the D/B team are using are the 2 that Bob bought before the deal came about.

President Clinton
01-17-2018, 06:21 AM
Where did you finish?

It's clear you know nothing about racing and are the poster child for what's wrong with our society today.

I Like BShepp, but why are you not questioning his performance out there? To me, it was far more disappointing than Bobby's. I don't want to hear any excuses about it being the family car either, they are not exactly on a shoe string budget.

Maybe you seen through the forest and spotted a tree????? Maybe The xr1 is really good,but only when the Rocket knowledge is with it.Maybe little Bobby needs to be in house Car or Dads Car? That was my original point, but everyone took it as bashing because for the most part everyone is snowflakes

hucktyson
01-17-2018, 06:46 AM
Pierce cars don't make any sidebite or forward bite and that's Bobby is used to, the XR1 cars make a boat load of both , he will be fine. How they adjust xr1 cars vs how bob does his adjustments is completely diffferent. It's been 6 races and he has 3- top 3 finishes. I'm surprised he didn't get any wins but im also surprised at sticking with ARS and I strongly believe those 2 are connected. If you run a shock at 6" and make it the same as another the shocks can be completely different when run at 3" or run at 10". So the " same " isn't always the same and Corey doesn't beleive in tying the car down nearly as hard as the XR1 guys do. They will figure it out and bobby will have double digit wins this year overall and several on the lucas tour.

kidrock
01-17-2018, 06:48 AM

Doesn't mean they can't sell them like others have sold different chassis before because, they didn't work out for them.

kidrock
01-17-2018, 06:50 AM
Where did you finish?

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highside Hustler25
01-17-2018, 07:02 AM

Not a shoe string budget, but far from loaded. Brandon's personal equipment is owned by his Dad and Grandpa thru the salvage company. Although the connections are their, it's not like they're competing with a Rocket house car clone. You are right tho. I think everyone thought Shep would of had better results.

Highside Hustler25
01-17-2018, 07:05 AM
I still find it funny you claimed to be so close with those guys, and none of them know who you were.

Lol, drop the mic:D

Jking24
01-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Pierce cars don't make any sidebite or forward bite and that's Bobby is used to, the XR1 cars make a boat load of both , he will be fine. How they adjust xr1 cars vs how bob does his adjustments is completely diffferent. It's been 6 races and he has 3- top 3 finishes. I'm surprised he didn't get any wins but im also surprised at sticking with ARS and I strongly believe those 2 are connected. If you run a shock at 6" and make it the same as another the shocks can be completely different when run at 3" or run at 10". So the " same " isn't always the same and Corey doesn't beleive in tying the car down nearly as hard as the XR1 guys do. They will figure it out and bobby will have double digit wins this year overall and several on the lucas tour. i think this one hot the nail on the head. I'm surprised their getting as much help as they are from rocket. That in its self says allot for the relationship between bob and mark because this is not the norm and for good reason. It's hard for a guy to help you when he doesnt know what you have. And I'm not bashing ars a little but. The only thing they had going well close to the national seen was bobbys car and that's clearly a completely different animal. They will be fine as soon as the go black lol. I think the track conditions were part of why several cars didn't have results that most expected. I was most impressed with don Shaw

james777777
01-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Why would he get anything but the best help from Rocket? He is their dealer! I, however, can’t see a dealer not using the same shock as Rocket uses.

nuff said
01-17-2018, 08:57 AM
It's not always the arrow's fault,sometimes it's the indian. That's what my sons travel ball coach told him when he wanted to change bats.

blncfn57
01-17-2018, 10:29 AM
I guess I’m confused as to how his performance in the desert was so horrible that this is even a discussion. Obviously the ones pushing this issue have no racing experience.

fastford
01-17-2018, 10:47 AM
james777777 , maybe they are trying to help each other , sort of like a man giving up on his chassis design to join forces with another that is more successful.........

Jking24
01-17-2018, 01:53 PM
He wouldn't get the best help because he's not running their shocks and rocket is not in the business of helping a direct competitor and like it or not rocket runs integra and only integra. So he is only gonna get limited help not because they don't want to help him but because they don't know what he has for shock builds on his car and their not gonna give that info to advanced.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-17-2018, 02:11 PM
He wouldn't get the best help because he's not running their shocks and rocket is not in the business of helping a direct competitor and like it or not rocket runs integra and only integra. So he is only gonna get limited help not because they don't want to help him but because they don't know what he has for shock builds on his car and their not gonna give that info to advanced.

Agreed. But plenty of shocks out there to get a set for the dyno.

Jking24
01-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Agreed. But plenty of shocks out there to get a set for the dyno.I have no doubt they will find the information they need to get the car going.i personally feel like their not going bad at all right now and that most of the negative remarks on this post are clearly from people who don't understand just how easy it is to make the wrong setup choices on these cars. I was simply saying since their not running the whole package that information may not come from mark. he has to protect Brian's information if nothing else as a professional courtesy.

ready2rd
01-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Zyoung 25 Tell um son The Crew EPJ had Is The Exact Crew That He Wanted One Being His Son Other Being His Nephew And Crew Chief Taylon Center Which Is A Very Smart Person, Things Didnt Work Out Its Just That Simple Change Is Good Things Happen For A Reason And For The Best, Epj Has Lots Of Smart People Behind Him And Lots Of Money The Rest Is Up To Him To Do His Job.

kidrock
01-17-2018, 04:00 PM
james777777 , maybe they are trying to help each other , sort of like a man giving up on his chassis design to join forces with another that is more successful.........

With Bob being in the central part of the country it will help sale more cars for Mark. With Knowledge that both of them have who knows when the XR2 will be coming out.

a25rjr
01-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Do you realize how hard it is to find good knowledgeable help on these things before you go pointing fingers at the team? Have you forgot that Ronnie Stuckey himself was with the team at the end of their black diamond stint, and still couldn't get the car to earls liking? Don't get much better than that when the man that builds the cars are going to the track with them, and the results didn't improve.

If you can name one top wrench man that would've been a help to their program....name him. Most already have a job, or have walked away from the sport.

You obviously are pretty clueless about dlm racing!

Why don't you come down for some of the Speedweeks races so I can show you, what you don't know! Better yet, I will pay for ALL your expenses if im wrong!.....Interested or are you too chicken???

NormP
01-17-2018, 04:07 PM

What??? You mean someone on 4m claiming to be an insider is actually just another mouth? There's no way!! These people assure us they are in the know but they "can't say anything right now!" They are all best friends with all the movers and shakers in dirt racing, just ask them!!!

NY DIRT
01-17-2018, 05:09 PM
Where did you finish?

Are you saying that BShepp winning the last race that paid $13000 and overall finishing second in points was far more disappointing than Pierce???

blncfn57
01-17-2018, 05:39 PM
Are you saying that BShepp winning the last race that paid $13000 and overall finishing second in points was far more disappointing than Pierce???

Yes I am. I'm pretty sure Sheppard was a heavy favorite and by his own admission he struggled most of the week.

zyoung25
01-17-2018, 06:38 PM

Why don't you come down for some of the Speedweeks races so I can show you, what you don't know! Better yet, I will pay for ALL your expenses if im wrong!.....Interested or are you too chicken???

I'm clueless....yea you're right. I will say I dont know much about the tech side of the sport, but it seems to be clear to most of everyone else on here that I do go to plenty of races. I dont need any expertise info from a 4m guru, thanks anyway. There's a chance I may be at some of the races down there. I dont need a sponsorship to go the races though.

The next time you see Kemp Lamm, ask him if he knows a Young guy from Ohio. I'm sure he'll tell ya all about me.

You never did name that wrench man that would've made a difference either?

fastford
01-17-2018, 07:03 PM

Man ,. I sure wish you would make me that offer , I know a good bit about DLM racing , but would always like to learn more ......

chupp n bloomer fan
01-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Yes I am. I'm pretty sure Sheppard was a heavy favorite and by his own admission he struggled most of the week.Neither of them was a disappointment if you really looked at the stats. Shame some are dogging Bobby, but no need to bring down BShepp because of some who think Bobby does nothing right.

a25rjr
01-17-2018, 07:15 PM
Man ,. I sure wish you would make me that offer , I know a good bit about DLM racing , but would always like to learn more ......

I only bet when I know im going to win! lol

Theres plenty of guys on here that know more than I do, but ive done my share the last 25 plus years!

It pisses me off when some on here think they know something, when they really don't have a clue.....esp about knowing certain people! #keyboardracerssuck

a25rjr
01-17-2018, 07:25 PM
I'm clueless....yea you're right. I will say I dont know much about the tech side of the sport, but it seems to be clear to most of everyone else on here that I do go to plenty of races. I dont need any expertise info from a 4m guru, thanks anyway. There's a chance I may be at some of the races down there. I dont need a sponsorship to go the races though.

The next time you see Kemp Lamm, ask him if he knows a Young guy from Ohio. I'm sure he'll tell ya all about me.

You never did name that wrench man that would've made a difference either?

I wont give names ,, but one national championship winning crew chief inquired about the job, but didn't get hired. Its none of my business, to ask why!

Good luck....ill see ya there!

blncfn57
01-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Neither of them was a disappointment if you really looked at the stats. Shame some are dogging Bobby, but no need to bring down BShepp because of some who think Bobby does nothing right.

I'm not dogging BShepp, as a fellow Illinoisan I am a fan of his. BUT tell me I'm wrong by saying he didn't run as good as expected...... he sure didn't have a problem saying it himself. I made a simple comparison is all I did.
Some obviously thought if Bobby didn't go dominate that the trip was a flop and he should lose his ride.
I thought he would run respectable and he did that.

tb1545
01-18-2018, 11:31 AM
You all act like Arizona is some sort of life or death event. Its a glorified testing session/ preseason tuneup type event for most of these guys. Sure they are still competing, but they are more focused on getting stuff ready so they are a well oiled machine for Florida speed weeks. 8 days at one place to dial in your equipment and see how you stack up against competition will help every single team that made the trip regardless of the on track results.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm not dogging BShepp, as a fellow Illinoisan I am a fan of his. BUT tell me I'm wrong by saying he didn't run as good as expected...... he sure didn't have a problem saying it himself. I made a simple comparison is all I did.
Some obviously thought if Bobby didn't go dominate that the trip was a flop and he should lose his ride.
I thought he would run respectable and he did that.You are wrong :).

Nah, all good. But in the end they both ran well, BShepp, maybe a little under performed, but he came through in the end. And Bobby did well, especially for a new team.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-18-2018, 06:26 PM
You all act like Arizona is some sort of life or death event. Its a glorified testing session/ preseason tuneup type event for most of these guys. Sure they are still competing, but they are more focused on getting stuff ready so they are a well oiled machine for Florida speed weeks. 8 days at one place to dial in your equipment and see how you stack up against competition will help every single team that made the trip regardless of the on track results.Same thing when Bloomer doesn’t run well at East Bay, it’s doom and gloom. The hippie is washed up.