PDA

View Full Version : Left rear shock

yaz
01-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Being told to move my left rear shock behind the axle and get ride of slider for dryslick, has any one done this and does it help?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-18-2018, 06:53 AM
Being told to move my left rear shock behind the axle and get ride of slider for dryslick, has any one done this and does it help?

It will go forward better. You may find it more unstable going into the corner.

JustAddDirt
01-18-2018, 08:05 AM
better be a real good trailbreaker, or have a brake floater on LR.
Cars can be a bit erratic on entry without the shock on front.

stock car driver
01-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Did not like it, saw top big name guys who raced 3-5 days a week who I raced with weekly, try it also about the same time I did and their results were worse that before trying it.

a25rjr
01-18-2018, 07:50 PM
When Jerry was at Shy, he was building a special lr shock just for that situation.

JustAddDirt
01-18-2018, 09:54 PM
When Jerry was at Shy, he was building a special lr shock just for that situation.

This would be the only plausible method of getting it to work, which would be a super stiff compression shock to help control the rear end dropping if you have to get
Out of the throttle

a25rjr
01-19-2018, 07:40 PM
This would be the only plausible method of getting it to work, which would be a super stiff compression shock to help control the rear end dropping if you have to get
Out of the throttle

True story. After switching chassis brands, we were talked into a different shock company. I sent Jerrys lr shock to them to copy it without telling where it came from. I got a call back asking where the heck did you get that . We've never seen a shock like that. Of course I didn't tell them but it made me feel good about Jerrys expertise.

Mr.Kennedy777
01-22-2018, 07:25 PM
Those shocks are actually relatively reasonably priced if you know what numbers you’re looking for.

RW57
05-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Please don't keep me in the dark what kind of numbers are we talking about.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Please don't keep me in the dark what kind of numbers are we talking about.

You don't wanna go down that road. If you want to damp wheel movement, use mounts for your shock that are at least linear movement compared to the wheel travel.

RW57
05-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Have already done that took a little bit of work .My car is a 3 link solid top link lr coil over is mounted in front of lr.