PDA

View Full Version : Millwood Sets Sights On WoO Late Model Rookie Honors IN 2018

CageFaraday
01-20-2018, 03:26 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/speedsport-news/speedsport-news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/16122440/Tyler-Millwood-011618-Heath-Lawson-pic.jpg
Tyler Millwood (Heath Lawson Photo)

https://speedsport.com/dirt-late-models/world-of-outlaws-late-models/millwood-woo-late-model-rookie/

KINGSTON, Ga. – Georgia’s Tyler Millwood will embark upon his rookie season with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series this year.

Millwood will pilot the Millwood Plumbing No. 31 Barry Wright Icon by Madden/Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model for the full World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series schedule.

“We enjoyed a phenomenal 2017 season and we really learned a lot,” Millwood said. “We enjoyed success on a regional level, so now I’m ready to take on an even bigger challenge and step out on the national scene. It’s no big secret that it’s going to be a daunting challenge, but with the support we have behind us, I’m confident that we can do it.”

In 2017 Millwood chased a regional tour for the first time. He set out with the goal of claiming the Rookie of the Year honors with the Ultimate Super Late Model Series. Not only was he able to accomplish that goal, but he also captured the series championship.

“I honestly didn’t expect to contend for the Ultimate championship right off the bat, but with the hard work of my crew chief Derek (Gahring) and my whole team we were able to make it happen,” Millwood said. “We’re going to take this Outlaw deal step-by-step and just see how it all shakes out. It’s a long season, and we know that it’s important to get started on the right foot.”

Millwood will lift the lid on his season and his pursuit of the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series rookie crown with a trip to Screven Motor Speedway on Feb. 9-10, where he’ll compete in the annual Winter Freeze.

“Again, I’m very excited to get the season underway, and I just want to thank everyone who is making this opportunity possible,” Millwood said. “I feel like this is the next step in my racing career.”

FASTRAKPR
01-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Congratulations to Tyler and everyone there. We wish them luck in their 2018 endeavor with WOo tour.

jog49
01-21-2018, 03:00 PM
The kid is pretty good. Will be interesting to see if he's WoO good.

Buck44
01-21-2018, 10:33 PM
Has this guy even won a race?