PDA

View Full Version : New Format For COMP Cams Topless 100

CageFaraday
01-20-2018, 03:29 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/speedsport-news/speedsport-news/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20210646/I84C0083.jpg
Scott Bloomquist won the Topless 100 for the fifth time in 2017 Batesville Motor Speedway.

https://speedsport.com/dirt-late-models/lucas-late-models/new-format-comp-cams-topless-100/

BATAVIA, Ohio – The 26th annual COMP Cams Topless 100 – presented by Crop Production Services is adding more than $46,000 in total purse money to the event on Aug. 16-18.

For the first time, the 26th Annual Topless 100 will feature a complete program of Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains and a $5,000-to-win main event on Thursday and Friday nights. Drivers will earn points in each of the two preliminary nights that will determine the line-ups for Saturday night’s finale.

On Saturday night, consolation events for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will be held, followed by the 100-lap, $40,000-to-win Topless 100.

The total purse for the weekend, which is co-sanctioned by the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series, will grow to more than $185,000.

“It was time to take it to the next level,” said Mooney Starr, Batesville Motor Speedway promoter. “With more racing for the fans and more money for the drivers, this is sure to be one of the best Topless 100 weekends ever.”

“The Topless 100 has a rich history and ranks as one of the most prestigious events to win in dirt late model racing,” said Rick Schwallie, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Director. “Mooney and Connie Starr have been pillars in dirt late model racing for over two decades. We can’t thank them enough for continuing their vision for this event and striving to make it bigger and better in 2018 and beyond.”

dirtcrazy4u
01-20-2018, 07:31 PM
Will be interesting to see how this new format works out.

One Man Gang
01-20-2018, 10:57 PM
Be interesting to see if Mooney mails out those refund tickets for this year he had everybody sign up for after last year's Saturday night custerfluck.

Krooser
01-20-2018, 10:58 PM
I'm just glad they didn't post a photo of Bloomer topless...

Mindwalker
01-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Or bottomless.

Im still waiting for Mooney to run the race where the 3rd place finisher wins. Or was that a dream I had? Anyway, sounds fun.

upaginit in North GA
01-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Been going to Topless for several years. The new format sounds great. However I will never understand why they do not try to run this race when it is scheduled to be ran, on Saturday night. This last event could have definitely been ran on Saturday night. It's like they didn't even attempt to get it in. People drive several hours, stay in hotels, etc. They would rather stay late and get it in than sit out there Sunday afternoon with heat index around 101 degrees. The locals in the stands always predict how it will work, keep fans there till about 930-10, then call it, return Sunday afternoon. Lots of fans just head home Sunday morning. JMO.