PDA

View Full Version : WoO Lie Detecter Tests

Late_Model_Mark
01-21-2018, 10:14 AM
Looks like the WoO LM Series will have lie detector tests available for those teams found with juiced tires. It appears that the driver, crew chief, and tire man will all have to take the test if they disagree with the results. It will cost I believe $550 each!

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Highside Hustler25
01-21-2018, 10:59 AM
I didn't think a lie detector test was submissible in a court of law but maybe the laws have changed. But if the case still, how can they claim the test is relevant in deciding guilt or innocence. They're not foolproof.
Either way, if you pass the lie detector test, are you free of charges?

FatPharmer
01-21-2018, 12:56 PM
It won't hold up in court but it is a private business so they can do what they choose

CIRF
01-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Yep. A lie detector test isn't admissible in official court proceedings. However, as FatPharmer said the way the WoO's will be using the LDT's they will not be part of official court proceedings and will be used for their own information and determining guilt or innocence.

It's not a bad idea on the surface, but administering LDT's has the potential to open cans of worms that they maybe hadn't counted upon. On the same token, I'm sure they have several shyster lawyer's on retainer that have looked into eventualities that may arise.

CageFaraday
01-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Only if they take one as well, with public announcement of results.

dirtcrazy4u
01-21-2018, 02:13 PM
550 a test. So, if the results come back you have failed the lab test but passed the lie detector test. Me personally, until something is officially released by the WoO. I would say someone's tongue is dipped in dirt. Legally, I think if the above happens. Teams that where previously guilty are going to sue there pants off.

Bubstr
01-21-2018, 03:55 PM
If BS was snow flakes, we would have the biggest blizzard of the century here. If tech was honest to start with, and stated the dastardly chemical that was found in the tire and it was a above board A B A test with back up and made public, there would never have been a problem. If your going to make a detergent or WD40 , something you would clean hands or parts with, don't say it's a safety thing. If it is one of the chemicals that gives liver cancer from touching or breathing, ban them for life. If you judge the racer in front of the fans, show what your judging on. Since it was a safety rule the contaminate better not be some cleaner we use every day or eat. If it's something like hexoclorithane, that has been banned for a long time, for any use, hang them. Just don't tell us simple green or oil of wintergreen are cancer causing agents. If Hoosier has a problem with tires lasting too long or not, that's their problem.

race14
01-21-2018, 04:07 PM
If they were confident in their tire testing this wouldn't be an option. Right?

HoosierDirtFan
01-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Looks like the WoO LM Series will have lie detector tests available for those teams found with juiced tires. It appears that the driver, crew chief, and tire man will all have to take the test if they disagree with the results. It will cost I believe $550 each!

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Where did you see this at?

JabberJaws83
01-21-2018, 04:30 PM
If BS was snow flakes, we would have the biggest blizzard of the century here. If tech was honest to start with, and stated the dastardly chemical that was found in the tire and it was a above board A B A test with back up and made public, there would never have been a problem. If your going to make a detergent or WD40 , something you would clean hands or parts with, don't say it's a safety thing. If it is one of the chemicals that gives liver cancer from touching or breathing, ban them for life. If you judge the racer in front of the fans, show what your judging on. Since it was a safety rule the contaminate better not be some cleaner we use every day or eat. If it's something like hexoclorithane, that has been banned for a long time, for any use, hang them. Just don't tell us simple green or oil of wintergreen are cancer causing agents. If Hoosier has a problem with tires lasting too long or not, that's their problem.

Great post.

Doc88D
01-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Isn't this exactly what those that have been caught in the past have asked for at the time?? Madden, Bloomquist, Owens & Feger all had mentioned taking a LDT. Now that its made as part of the WoO determination some of you with online law degrees holler that it isn't admissible. NO ONE said anything about court...

Waldo
01-21-2018, 05:46 PM
They have been giving Lie detector tests at Bass fishing tournaments for years, this is nothing new to me.

B_K
01-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Easy to beat if you aren't an emotional wreck.

Josh Bayko
01-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Just about every driver ever popped for tires always swears innocence and says something about taking a lie detector test to prove their innocence. Looks like the WoO is finally just telling them to put up or shut up. It will be interesting to see if anybody ever takes em up on it.

JabberJaws83
01-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Didn’t they have Mars take one after Bloomer whines about getting beat at the firecracker?

golddirt
01-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Bloomer takes it and gets electrocuted

chopter
01-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Pop a guy dirty once and keep the results a secret. Pop him a 2nd time and then you now have results from 2 tests. Won't be any of this bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about running thru chemicals on the track.

tsand
01-22-2018, 01:07 AM
ive been saying for years Hoosier can not guarantee that every batch of tires is chemically the same. with Continental Tires taking over the problem is only going to get worst. have you ever heard Hoosier make a clam that their tires are consistency the same. trough out the tire juiceing debate the only person no one has heard from is hoosier

jlacey
01-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Where did you see this at?

If anyone still gets area auto racing news tbey have a page on this in last weeks paper

Barbecueboy
01-22-2018, 12:38 PM
If the occasion arises........Are the woo officials going to be subjected to taking one too?

Kromulous
01-22-2018, 12:40 PM
1st question, Do you think the WoO series is the best? Yes....

Fail !!

LOL

KAOS
01-22-2018, 01:26 PM
This is dumb...... If its is going to come to this let them choose their dam tires

Live4DLM
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Private Business the con do whatever they like....Unless this is Russia....this isn't Russia ...Is it?

https://gifrific.com/its-not-a-lie-if-you-believe-it-seinfeld/

a25rjr
01-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Somewhere along the line, I bet the issue of taking drugs is thrown into the list of questions during the lie detector test!

A can of worms is about to be opened!

Mindwalker
01-22-2018, 03:34 PM
I just hope 4m don't start making us take a lie detector test. Ill proly get thrown off of here for the first time.

No_Weak_Links
01-22-2018, 04:20 PM
So if you can pass a lie detector you can cheat on tires every week?

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2018, 07:27 PM
So if you can pass a lie detector you can cheat on tires every week?

I thought the same thing. Unless the said lie detector test has been tweeked over the years, they can be fooled. FACT!
If you fool the lie detector test, does that mean you're innocent??

KAOS
01-22-2018, 07:38 PM
When do the drug sniffing dogs and the search and seizures come into play

Clayton_Wetter
01-22-2018, 07:55 PM
This is absurd, lie detectors really? Not gonna happen.

a25rjr
01-22-2018, 08:39 PM
When do the drug sniffing dogs and the search seizures come into play

Bloomers heart rate just kicked up a knotch! :)

cgrace
01-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Lie Detector tests have come a very long way, think about it, with all of the biometric sensors today the accuracy is much clearer. Yes, they can be used in court. I think it is a good thing, but I'd make the driver, crew guy and maybe owner take it. Think about it, not all drivers even touch their tires. Plus, THEY SHOULD TAKE DIRT SAMPLES immediately after races too.

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2018, 09:10 PM
So you aren't the babby daddy they said you was on Maury?

Steve Wilkos:cool:

chupp n bloomer fan
01-23-2018, 03:51 AM
Very odd. Useless, confusing. Do the tire test, be transparent, and that’s that.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-23-2018, 03:52 AM
Lie Detector tests have come a very long way, think about it, with all of the biometric sensors today the accuracy is much clearer. Yes, they can be used in court. I think it is a good thing, but I'd make the driver, crew guy and maybe owner take it. Think about it, not all drivers even touch their tires. Plus, THEY SHOULD TAKE DIRT SAMPLES immediately after races too.You sure they can be used in court?

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 09:35 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2013/01/are-lie-detectors-admissible-in-court.html&ved=0ahUKEwjHnfnXs-7YAhWPyVMKHbfyDlAQFghHMAE&usg=AOvVaw1w0p5ouExXy3Dfv2v_6pBm

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 09:42 AM
It appears a polygraph test can be used as evidence in court but is up to the judges discretion to hold it against you as with any evidence. A good lawer could sink it like a rock...

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Bloomers heart rate just kicked up a knotch! :)

You actually think Bloomers is scared of a polygraph test? Lmao some dam morris.......

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
This is absurd, lie detectors really? Not gonna happen.

It's inevitable failure.... Tactical intimidation at best. 😏

Krooser
01-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Bloomer takes it and gets electrocuted

Yeah but they plugged it into the welder outlet...

old17ford
01-23-2018, 11:50 AM
I didnt think racers lie .

Bob Hubbard
01-23-2018, 11:54 AM
Our local fishing tournaments have used this method several times with good results .....

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-23-2018, 11:55 AM
I didnt think racers lie .

I didn't think they knew the truth.

old17ford
01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
only a few of us do !

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Our local fishing tournaments have used this method several times with good results .....

Would you willingly take a polygraph test to back up this statement?

Highside Hustler25
01-23-2018, 12:21 PM
You actually think Bloomers is scared of a polygraph test? Lmao some dam morris.......

No Weak Stinks:cool:

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Stinking 'em up at a track near your... 🚽

a25rjr
01-23-2018, 02:34 PM

Nope, but ole Snnnnnooooorrrrrtttt might be a little nervous around them there drug dogs! :)

bullring
01-23-2018, 02:55 PM
I heard their tire testing lab will be administering the lie detector tests.

jog49
01-23-2018, 03:08 PM
" some of you with online law degrees holler"

Well now I'm insulted. I spent $300 to get my degree from Nova. The baby had to go without new shoes for the longest time and my wife couldn't make that down payment on her new teeth.

Mindwalker
01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Nope, but ole Snnnnnooooorrrrrtttt might be a little nervous around them there drug dogs! :)

Might? Lol, he'd welcome them in and they'd come out looking as silly as your post... Lol some dam more!!!

3 wide
01-23-2018, 06:52 PM
So if you fail the first test guess what we are going to give you a chance to fail a second test.

jog49
01-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Some drivers and team members I've met over the years, one might be better off giving them the truth detector test!

bullring
01-25-2018, 07:11 AM
Just curious what the procedure on this would be. If a guy fails the tire test and passes the lie detector test stating he didn't dope tires, will WOO admit tire testing was flawed and not penalize the team? I really can't see that happening but if they don't what's the purpose of doing it?

Highside Hustler25
01-25-2018, 07:19 AM
Just curious what the procedure on this would be. If a guy fails the tire test and passes the lie detector test stating he didn't dope tires, will WOO admit tire testing was flawed and not penalize the team? I really can't see that happening but if they don't what's the purpose of doing it?

And that's the magical question we would like to know the answer to.

Bob Hubbard
01-25-2018, 08:07 AM
Would you willingly take a polygraph test to back up this statement?

We never did pull off a big win to get us to a lie detector ...... Most of the time we were donating to the winners .... But yea sure I would .... Whats the point of winning if you have to cheat .... Over the past 20 yrs I think its only been a couple teams that had to take the lie detector test .... They both failed .... They were never allow to fish in that tourn again .... Plus the bad rap of being a cheater forced them to stop going to other tourn"s in this area .....

Mindwalker
01-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Hey Bob, forgive me... I truely thought you was joking with your coment and was just play around lol, my bad.

Thats great if it works for you there. I agree with your post.

IZZOJR16
01-26-2018, 11:36 PM
I Love it when drivers get busted with doped tires. People lose their mind , and so does the guilty party.

Barbecueboy
01-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Love it when the tires determine the winner of the race , a week later.....smh

Highside Hustler25
01-28-2018, 08:07 AM
If a guy fails the tire test and passes the lie detector test stating he didn't dope tires, will WOO admit tire testing was flawed and not penalize the team?

It appears the answer to the question at hand is "NO"!! You might pass the poly, but you're still guilty as the tire test doesn't lie.

This has got to be the biggest pile of ( bad word) I've ever heard of. Why bother. Nice read and explanation on DoD.

3 wide
01-28-2018, 08:19 AM
If you got to give them a lie detector test after they fail tire test you might need to get another company to do tire test if you can't trust the people doing the test why are you using them.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2018, 08:23 AM
I think they are fighting public perception. Not the actual quality of the tire test. This test is pretty easy to administer. The problem I have is the lack of visibility into what was found that didn't belong.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2018, 08:24 AM
Besides testing your latest Gizmo from your benefactors at Penske or Port City, guys need to practice passing the polygraph now.

rageman
01-28-2018, 10:06 AM
I have a view on this subject to and here it is , when someone is using prep on the tires and the others aren't ,well when the other cars that are not using it and they go out to qualify or heat races and you run behind this guy or in his tracks and your tires will pick up the tire prep and even if you weren't using it , it will still be on your tires and so when they come for a tire and they do their tests and bang you are a cheater , so you can't really believe their tests

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2018, 11:31 AM
I have a view on this subject to and here it is , when someone is using prep on the tires and the others aren't ,well when the other cars that are not using it and they go out to qualify or heat races and you run behind this guy or in his tracks and your tires will pick up the tire prep and even if you weren't using it , it will still be on your tires and so when they come for a tire and they do their tests and bang you are a cheater , so you can't really believe their tests

Those tires would have to be dripping like a soaked sponge. No way.

HoosierDirtFan
01-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Pic is from From Zach Dohm's FB page..
Here it is folks.
http://i63.tinypic.com/1j5bo9.jpg

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2018, 05:52 PM
You just need deniability. Have someone not on your team do the work.

tsand
01-29-2018, 12:27 AM
you would still have knowledge of it . one of the question could be do you have knowledge of anyone prepping your tires. as for cross contamination it's my understanding the the lab has built in tolerance to eliminate this chance. the problem is not it the transparency in the lab testing but the transparency in the manufacturing process of the tires. a hoosier 1350 from 2 years ago is nothing like a new 1350 today.

Necrosis
01-29-2018, 07:02 AM
I have a view on this subject to and here it is , when someone is using prep on the tires and the others aren't ,well when the other cars that are not using it and they go out to qualify or heat races and you run behind this guy or in his tracks and your tires will pick up the tire prep and even if you weren't using it , it will still be on your tires and so when they come for a tire and they do their tests and bang you are a cheater , so you can't really believe their testsThat's impossible. I'm guessing you've not been around much tire prep?

zyoung25
01-29-2018, 08:58 AM

I'm guessing you've seen this at go karts tracks, or maybe even rc car tracks. I know on both of those worlds you'll see guys sit their karts or cars down with dripping wet tires, to where it'll leave streaks on the track when they drive away. You won't see that happen over here in the full scale cars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-29-2018, 09:14 AM
you would still have knowledge of it . one of the question could be do you have knowledge of anyone prepping your tires. as for cross contamination it's my understanding the the lab has built in tolerance to eliminate this chance. the problem is not it the transparency in the lab testing but the transparency in the manufacturing process of the tires. a hoosier 1350 from 2 years ago is nothing like a new 1350 today.

Do they not benchmark by lot#?

rageman
02-01-2018, 07:06 AM
think about it , they don't have to be dripping with prep , lets see when its hot and dry and they go around the track and lets see you see the rubber they lay down and you don't thing your tires wont pick that up ?? when your tire is spinning on the groove of rubber laid down by other cars and you run threw a guy that prepped his tires it is a known fact they pick up rubber that was laid down

Bubstr
02-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Does it seem strange that someone has to prove his innocents, when innocents is given and guilt has to be proved, is the law of the land. Give the lie detector tests to the officials, rule makers, tire manufacturers and those doing the tests and delivery.

The first question should be, why is WD40 and Simple green, deadly contaminants, when you lube and clean the kids toys with them. Do they need banned from the supermarket also? If it's a health safety problem as stated, or not. If not could it be a tire manufacturer problem or series problem.

Barbecueboy
02-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Seems strange that I actually agree with you on something........

Krooser
02-01-2018, 10:16 AM
I'll call Tom Deery and tell him to just hire my wife to be the lie detector...I've never gotten away with anything with that woman.

Or just hire that Jeffersonville, IN cop named Denver Leveritt that shows up on Live PD on Friday and Saturday nights. They call him the human lie detector.

Clayton_Wetter
02-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Seems strange that I actually agree with you on something........

And you admitted it!!!! hahahahaaha

rageman
02-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Those tires would have to be dripping like a soaked sponge. No way.

when you use prep you start 5 days before race date and you apply it and let them set in the sun and then continue these steps and after 4 days wrap them with saran wrap and let them set and the prep goes deep into the rubber and by race day they are ready for action

Clayton_Wetter
02-04-2018, 06:31 PM

After your bean soup!!!!!

Highside Hustler25
02-04-2018, 07:37 PM
After your bean soup!!!!!

No wet stinks:p