PDA

View Full Version : Casey Roberts looking forward to year of transition in 2018

Returning to Dirt
01-24-2018, 06:46 PM
http://insidedirtracing.com/casey-roberts-looking-forward-to-year-of-transition-in-2018/

Roberts will be driving a different chassis for a new team in 2018.

kidrock
01-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Thanks to DoD I have gotten to watch Casey and just like the way he races and handles himself outside the car. I don't know him but, sounds like one of the nicest guys in the sport.

Good article Returning to Dirt

Barbecueboy
01-24-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks to DoD I have gotten to watch Casey and just like the way he races and handles himself outside the car. I don't know him but, sounds like one of the nicest guys in the sport.

Good article Returning to Dirt

He is the genuine article........without a doubt one of the nicest most humble guys in the sport, with a great supporting cast in his family that travels with him.

That will rip your heart out on the track.........Casey is a winner in more ways than just as a racer.

kidrock
01-24-2018, 09:05 PM
He is the genuine article........without a doubt one of the nicest most humble guys in the sport, with a great supporting cast in his family that travels with him.

That will rip your heart out on the track.........Casey is a winner in more ways than just as a racer.

Like I said from I've seen on Dod you are 100% right. Yes he is always thanking God and Family can't go wrong with that.

jlacey
01-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Definitely 1 of the nicest drivers ive met. Met him for the 1st time at Friendship and him and his wife were super nice people. Gonna miss seeing that black n white 101, was always 1 of my favorite cars. I didnt think id like the look of the new ride but that 101 doesnt look bad in yellow and green.

jlacey
01-25-2018, 06:54 PM
I like that quote too, "its a racecar with a gas pedal brake pedal and a steering wheel, thats all i need to make it go"

Barbecueboy
01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
My favorite car was the red one they took to eldora, but if a regional guy can have an iconic look, that black 101 was it ........they are good folks, all of em.

speaking of good folks , Jimmy and Anne Cushman are right there with them......they have done really good things for the sport we all love, hats off to them for that , going to miss seeing them at the tracks.

This new venture for the Blount guys and the Roberts team has the potential to be Wicked good....

TerryM
01-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Since moving to Georgia in 2014, I've gotten to see Casey run a lot of shows. He's fun to watch and got the most out of the equipment he was in. He also takes care of his equipment. You rarely ever see him tear up a car. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of these Georgia "local" type guys (Donald McIntosh is another) can do on a bigger stage this year.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-26-2018, 09:08 AM
I like that quote too, "its a racecar with a gas pedal brake pedal and a steering wheel, thats all i need to make it go"Yep. I thought it was a pretty good quote too.

And I’m with BBQ, that red car was sweet.

Snake X3
01-26-2018, 12:42 PM
We're fortunate to follow a sport with so many great people like Casey driving. Seeing the yellow 101 a few times has bummed me out. I loved the black 101. It looked like my 101 UOP Can-Am slot car.

IZZOJR16
01-26-2018, 11:25 PM
Was his dust up with kid rocket last year or 2016?

chupp n bloomer fan
01-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Was his dust up with kid rocket last year or 2016?2016. First at Screven, then at Friendship I think it was.

jlacey
01-27-2018, 02:59 PM
My days/years are all mixed up, i was thinking it was 2015 when that happened with Richards at Screven then Friendship.
I also loved the red car he had at Eldora,but i never got to see it in person. I met the Cushman's once at Screven (i think) in 2016. I stopped by the hauler to grab a shirt and ending up talking to Jim for about a half hour. Met Anne briefly but that whole group from the driver, crew, owners and family have been really nice friendly people. Basically the same as i said about Ferguson and his crew earlier