PDA

View Full Version : Threats from Modjr

CageFaraday
02-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Anybody else get a warning about their language? I was asked to stop misspelling words to bypass the profanity filter. I said I would if she'd fix the word C0CKPIT from being in the filter. She threatened me with being banned. My response was "FIX IT or BAN ME". Don't get me wrong I'm glad they've run off some of the trouble maker trolls, but nit picking words and answering requests with threats is not cool. If this is where we are headed I'll take the ban, it'll give me more free time.

Barbecueboy
02-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Their game their rules........maybe they can send it off to the lab first to make sure it's actually dirty....and then announce the findings about a week or two from now.

dirt track junkie
02-02-2018, 09:29 AM
You can always appeal the ban by taking a lie detector test

ModJr7
02-02-2018, 09:40 AM
That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.

CageFaraday
02-02-2018, 10:36 AM
That wasn't the word you were warned for and you know it. No one is getting warned or banned over c0ckpit. It's not something that can be fixed as its a limitation of the software. It searches for text strings both in whole and partial words. And really, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What you did, on the other hand, was used a word that both by itself and how you used it is banned, and used it as an insult. It's a simple request and specifically pointed out by moderators in the sticky at the top of the page not to do it. People are using the censored words to elicit a response, and that just leads to fights. You can make the same point without using that language.

I didn't say that was the word you warned me for, but it was the one I requested be removed from the filter. I did use a curse word, I admit that, but while I had you on the line I made a "Request" for something that is bothersome to a lot of us. I welcome my forthcoming ban.

Mindwalker
02-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Not that it matters but, "she"?

I did not know that ☺

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-02-2018, 10:47 AM

I did not know that ☺

You should know them all!

klemmabyna
02-02-2018, 10:51 AM
received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.

chop6259
02-02-2018, 11:27 AM
I put this together. It is a little raw and doesn't have a fancy skin on it, but you can talk about whatever you want with no crazy filter (just no deliberate offensive words).http://www.forum.bartlettmotorsportengineering.com/

Finnfan
02-02-2018, 12:24 PM
received a similar warning and I deserved it. forum moderation is a thankless task. I am actually pleased they have stepped up the efforts.

+1, agree totally with this...and as BBQ said "Their game their rules", anyone in disagreement can certainly do what chop did and make their own forum.

IMO the forum has become a MUCH better place since the Mods have tightened up on the monitoring...kudos.

HoosierDirtFan
02-02-2018, 12:40 PM
The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.

bullring
02-02-2018, 01:21 PM

I did not know that ☺

That explains my week ban with my response to the Ciara pit fight situation.

Mindwalker
02-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 😇

Clayton_Wetter
02-02-2018, 02:30 PM
The only word that I've come across that shouldn't be banned is D!ck. I have friends named D!ck. If I can't spell their name then that's bogus on their part. Other then that I can understand some words being banned. If you want uncensored there is always another option for a racing forum. Just look at the link on my signature or search the internet for other forums.

I have to agree with that name being banned. If it weren't it would be abused all the time.

I applaud the Mods for enforcing the dirty language rules!!!

CageFaraday
02-02-2018, 02:48 PM
It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.

Barbecueboy
02-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 

There are plenty of women that post on this forum.......:)

Illtsate32
02-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol

Barbecueboy
02-02-2018, 02:51 PM
It amazes me how many don't actually read posts and just fire off a response. I have No issue with profanity filters, I used an unapproved word, I'm fine with having my hand spanked(spankings can be fun). When I asked if they could do something about, C0CKPIT I was told they could, "ban me" in response. I thought it was unwarranted and aggressive.

Is that sort of like when a fan or racer has a constructive complaint about the track or its program and the response 99 percent of the time is, don't like it don't come anymore?

Barbecueboy
02-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Their game their rules!? Time to start a posters union lol, too much power on one side how much tyranny can we withstand!? Lol

Looks more like a bad internet slide job???

ModJr7
02-02-2018, 03:08 PM
CageFaraday, you did not ask if anything could be done. You said you'd abide by the rules IF we fixed it. That is why you were told you'd be banned if you continued. You do not dictate the rules of the board.

Krooser
02-02-2018, 04:40 PM
I used to run a tech forum using vbulletin... there are parameters that can be set to eliminate those ten "not a nice word" comments... in a row. While it is "their game their rules" a few simple changes would make sense...

And, yes, i was warned about craetive spelling for certain words...

chupp n bloomer fan
02-02-2018, 08:25 PM
I’m perfectly fine with being told to not bypass the filter. Just a habit I had, have from my years as a heavy equipment operator. But I catch myself and edit myself.

My only issue, and trust me, my industry, you better have thick skin, is that 4m is a business, so treat your customers, us, as a professional would. We are adults, treat us as such unless we are a jerk to you first. Not the case, and yes it’s their sandbox, so I’m trying to not leave presents. But was went about quite unprofessional.

Illtsate32
02-02-2018, 08:45 PM
CnB what do you run? Im a laborer/finisher in Illinois I work with operators on most jobs..and yea respect has to be a two way street for sure...

Mindwalker
02-02-2018, 08:48 PM
There are plenty of women that post on this forum.......:)

I knew it! There have been times (especially the Twister Sisters period) I felt as if I was talking to my x.

golddirt
02-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Heck you can be banned for saying "that was the worst race I ever saw in my life" I was.

blncfn57
02-03-2018, 11:37 AM
It's their playground and they can send you home with your ball at any time. I suppose we can all go dance in traffic, maybe loot some stores or complain on tv about how they discriminate against us sailors. I think I'll hold off until the weather warms up a bit.

Cardirt0
02-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Had I known there was a woman present, I would have watched my manners. 

LOL Yea Pull my leg agen LOL

Kwd1253
02-03-2018, 11:46 AM
CnB what do you run? Im a laborer/finisher in Illinois I work with operators on most jobs..and yea respect has to be a two way street for sure...

He operates the frier at McD’s, best fries in town 😂 lol

slmcrewchief99
02-03-2018, 12:04 PM
I got the same message from her too CageFaraday. It's a bit over the top on the way she says it. I logged off for a few days to keep from telling her where to put her PM. I'll move on from it and not say anything back. We aren't playing on a level playing field CageFaraday. They have the "Ban" option to use on us and not a thing 1 we can do about it.

Mindwalker
02-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Heck you can be banned for saying "that was the worst race I ever saw in my life" I was.

Maybe it was for lying... You dont have a life. 😀

Jk!!!

I get banned about 10 times a year. Just seems natural to me now lol..... They usually have hade good reason tho and Im working on behaving more lately. It ain't easy tho. I really have to concentrate!!!

Mindwalker
02-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Modjr7, is that the laddy "from back in the day" "*Bandit*"? Very nice girl I hear....

Mindwalker
02-03-2018, 01:12 PM
LOL Yea Pull my leg agen LOL

Ooooh no!! I know that trick!!!

Or was that pull be my finger? I forget now. Since my head injuries, I can't remember piddle!

golddirt
02-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Phil you have been banned 10 times
In one day!!! 😂

Mindwalker
02-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Phil you have been banned 10 times
In one day!!! 

Im glad i have you all to help me remember all these details 😉

chupp n bloomer fan
02-03-2018, 02:15 PM
He operates the frier at McD’s, best fries in town 😂 lol

You bet your butt they are.:)

chupp n bloomer fan
02-03-2018, 02:28 PM
CnB what do you run? Im a laborer/finisher in Illinois I work with operators on most jobs..and yea respect has to be a two way street for sure...I work for a large construction company outta Columbus, Ohio, been around since 1911. I primarily run front end loaders on pipe crews. But in the winter, and because I’m new to the company (May 17’), most anything. I’ve operated for 20 years this year. Was on a big basement job, but I’m talking middle of Columbus, on High Street. A darn near city block basement. Going to be a parking garage and 5 story dorm for OSU students. Ran a tracked skidsteer mostly, prepping the walls for lagging, and just the all around gopher for all the guys out there. I was the only one with forks.

I can run backhoes, trackhoes, dozers, rollers, ones I’ve mentioned, gradalls, tractors with drag boxes, most anything really. Though front end loaders are my main machine. Here you gotta be versatile, good, and not a jerk. Finished that basement job, Monday I’m going to a Pepsi job on the east side. Couple weeks or so in an off road truck. They keep me working, I don’t really care. Prefer a cab, but I can do without.

I’m in the Operators Union outta Columbus. But luckily I don’t have to work outta the hall. I don’t wanna ever. I wanna stay with a good company with good machines, and so far the move has been a good one.

Illtsate32
02-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Cool ya thats how it is here pretty much if your good a contractor will keep ya you wont have to worry about going through the hall...we work with you guys a lot like cutting in grade, rocking in sub grade etc..especially if theres no gps set up...

dirtcrazy4u
02-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Waaaaa. Waaaaaa. Waaaaaaa. Enough from all sides already....

Clayton_Wetter
02-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Modjr7, is that the laddy "from back in the day" "*Bandit*"? Very nice girl I hear....

No it can't be or I would have been toast years ago. hahahahaa

chupp n bloomer fan
02-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Waaaaa. Waaaaaa. Waaaaaaa. Enough from all sides already....Just an idea, you don’t wanna see it and read it, don’t click on it and read it. I know, mind boggling, shocking idea.

hipower17
02-04-2018, 06:09 AM
lol i thought facebook only limited free speech

Hollis
02-05-2018, 12:03 PM
A few years ago I was banned for life for being a spammer. Never posted anything close to spam. I was having a heated discussion on guns. Either that person had the clout or the powers to be did not like what i had to say. It worked. I no longer speak of guns on here. LOL

fastford
02-05-2018, 08:49 PM
hey CnBfan , ive ran a lot of different pieces of equipment over the years my self , i even still have my granddads old alischambers 6G front end track loader , all manual , but the only thing i tried to run that about whooped me was an old bucyrous track hoe that was all cables and hand clutches , got the thing spinning round and round on the table and liked not to have ever got it stopped , i guess i was about 20 at that time, any way back on subject , you just caused me to remenice about 35 yrs........

fryefan
02-05-2018, 08:54 PM
hipower17,

Your understanding of free speech is not accurate.

a25rjr
02-05-2018, 09:10 PM
I was sent a "warning" for personally attacking someone on here(SS). He and I pick on each other all the time in good fun. I guess the mod doesn't read many of the posts on here!

Last year several of us got banned for talking about Rocket/Josh/Mark. It was all in fun but the mods didn't see it that way. No warning or anything, just banned! smh

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-05-2018, 10:15 PM
I was sent a "warning" for personally attacking someone on here(SS). He and I pick on each other all the time in good fun. I guess the mod doesn't read many of the posts on here!

Last year several of us got banned for talking about Rocket/Josh/Mark. It was all in fun but the mods didn't see it that way. No warning or anything, just banned! smh

Did they really. I was wondering why you were so nice now

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2018, 06:16 AM
hey CnBfan , ive ran a lot of different pieces of equipment over the years my self , i even still have my granddads old alischambers 6G front end track loader , all manual , but the only thing i tried to run that about whooped me was an old bucyrous track hoe that was all cables and hand clutches , got the thing spinning round and round on the table and liked not to have ever got it stopped , i guess i was about 20 at that time, any way back on subject , you just caused me to remenice about 35 yrs........Been around one Bucyrus, wasn’t cable driven, hydraulic, but wobbly sticks like you’d have in the old backhoes. Just a dinosaur, one you were on, for sure. Heck, then ya got the old dozers with pony motors.

They’ve come so far. Back up cameras, no black smoke, almost all digital/electric. Stereos, ac, heat, ride control. GPS, gps available now on trackhoes too. I’ve got sadly probably 25 years left till I can retire. Didn’t get in our Union till I was 28. Oh well.

Really funny, played with the stuff through all my childhood. Had the good metal Ertl toys, and then in high school started in the field and haven’t left. Don’t plan on it either, unless I hit lottery for a lot.:)

CageFaraday
02-06-2018, 10:54 AM
A few years ago I was banned for life for being a spammer. Never posted anything close to spam. I was having a heated discussion on guns. Either that person had the clout or the powers to be did not like what i had to say. It worked. I no longer speak of guns on here. LOL

Fire at will.

Josh Bayko
02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
I got a warning. It didn't really bother me, I just apologized and moved on.

Mindwalker
02-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Im still here... You all just need to behave 😇

TerryM
02-06-2018, 11:24 AM
If you have to be repeatedly told how to behave on a public racing forum, you are the problem.

Finnfan
02-06-2018, 12:24 PM
A few years ago I was banned for life...

I don't think it worked, lol

Barbecueboy
02-06-2018, 12:58 PM
If you have to be repeatedly told how to behave on a public racing forum, you are the problem.

Depends on if the person telling someone to behave all the time is a hypocrite about it or not.......4 m seems to have a few self imposed hall monitors that are quick to judge behavior......except for their own.

a25rjr
02-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Im still here... You all just need to behave 

Oh lawwwddd.....let me put my boots on! :)

Mud Packer
02-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Depends on if the person telling someone to behave all the time is a hypocrite about it or not.......4 m seems to have a few self imposed hall monitors that are quick to judge behavior......except for their own.

Now that is a mouthful there. The hall monitors don't seem to know that their behavior is also suspect at best.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Depends on if the person telling someone to behave all the time is a hypocrite about it or not.......4 m seems to have a few self imposed hall monitors that are quick to judge behavior......except for their own.Once again BBQ, ya hit the proverbial nail on de head.

fryefan
02-06-2018, 07:28 PM

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

waaac77
02-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Josh Richards sucks
Rocket sucks
WRG sucks
4m sucks!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Josh Richards sucks
Rocket sucks
WRG sucks
4m sucks!!!

Did you forget anybody?

plunks7
02-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Josh Richards sucks
Rocket sucks
WRG sucks
4m sucks!!!

Something wrong?

waaac77
02-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to see if I get banned or threatened

fryefan
02-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Just wanted to see if I get banned or threatened

You deserve both.

CageFaraday
02-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Josh Richards sucks
Rocket sucks
WRG sucks
4m sucks!!!

You have to misspell the obscenity for it to count.