View Full Version : Boyd's Speedway Cabin Fever post race festivities

AllenK
02-03-2018, 10:22 PM
In other news....

http://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=10032

This is gold.

Snake X3
02-03-2018, 10:32 PM
I like the guy in the orange...smoke between his teeth half heartedly trying to break up the fight. Classic.

TerryM
02-03-2018, 10:37 PM
LOL ... I am now a Michael Page fan. Good stuff!

AllenK
02-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Yes,this is a dandy! I see something new every time I've watched it! LOL.

old7flags
02-03-2018, 10:58 PM
That was Page's race to win or lose but when someone like Ownby gets a chance to win because nobody showed up, they celebrate it like he won down at Golden Isles against Josh Richards! Question for all the boyd's clowns: how many Lucas wins does Ownby have? Have a good night, scratch boyd's off the list of tracks to ever go to again

a25rjr
02-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Was there more than what was in the video?

Page didn't show too much class if that's all there was!

I've seen a lot of bad things on here about him. Now I believe them!

Snake X3
02-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Hey...at least Page didn't use his car as a weapon. He didn't throw any punches from what I could see and if he felt he was wronged, all he did was mouth off. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

At least in this sport the guys show some emotion and call me a Neanderthal, but I enjoy seeing guys throw down and get PO'd. I remember Jackie Boggs at County Line at the Ultimate race back a couple of years ago trashing Kyle Hardy for a bone headed move during the post race on the front stretch. Everyone went nuts. Then he roars off in his car. Great entertainment. No one could have gone home disappointed and I doubt they will after that race at Boyd's either.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Praise Jesus then act like white trash, I love it. Neither of these guys is clean, both drive aggressively putting it nicely. So if they crash each other, better chance of everyone else having a better race.

LMNED10
02-04-2018, 12:09 AM
Also they let the big spoilers back at Boyd's. Gonna be tough to beat in SLM with all this shock technology we have. I am not against the spec motor deal if it was done with what the intent was years ago when you could by a good spec under $12,000 but now we have $30,000 spec motors

crownman25
02-04-2018, 01:09 AM
PAGE HAS A HELL OF LOT LESS ENEMIES THAN THE OTHE OTHER GUY!Most of those motors are 525 I think...It was total step backwards on going back to the 12" spoilers but this happens when u have a promter that has friends and listen to people trying to sell motors that should stick with there on series... tries to please them instead of doing the right business decision..

GRT32
02-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Ownbey had a all steel engine.

matdaddy
02-04-2018, 07:42 AM
heard that Boyds official that hit Page has a GREEN LIGHT on him

FLHTP
02-04-2018, 08:13 AM
what about Page at the ICE BOWL slide job talk about taking somebody to the wall

B_K
02-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Just needed a little banjo music to set it off.

Chris Thomason
02-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I was so glad I didn't go when I saw ownbey had won. Two guys in dirt LM that I just can't stand and he happens to be one. Seems there is always some drama with him. Check out the last two winterfest from Winchester.

Track officals fired? Should be...

No_Weak_Links
02-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Why was Page mad? I watched the video and still didn't see anything.

zyoung25
02-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Who made the first contact? Page or the track official? I dont think I've ever seen a track official put his hands on a driver before. That's grounds for a firing or something, unless Page made the first move. Which it appeared to me he was getting in his car, then the rumble started. Regardless they shouldn't be throwing punches, split the fight up and send everyone home.

Highside Hustler25
02-04-2018, 11:58 AM
heard that Boyds official that hit Page has a GREEN LIGHT on him
Not sure what set the official off, but unless Page made contact first, that official needs to go. Even if Page said something, it gave the track official NO reason to put his hands on him. Maybe the video missed something.

Why was Page mad? I watched the video and still didn't see anything.

I didn't see much of anything out of the ordinary either. I'd say Page was just upset he got pickled out of the lead on that second start.

My question, why was the official mad?

TerryM
02-04-2018, 11:58 AM
This is all on the track official. I see a lot of negatives in this video that give me an opinion of how this track is operated. Was planning on making our first visit there in March. Might have to rethink that.

CageFaraday
02-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Was there more than what was in the video?

Page didn't show too much class if that's all there was!

I've seen a lot of bad things on here about him. Now I believe them!
Its kinda like the Pierce clan, rowdy trailer park antics erupt from that team with pink numbers. Neither are my kinda peeps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgHykXOb-o

slmcrewchief99
02-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I watched it several times. The 1st sart I didn't see anything at all. On the 2nd start they got together just past the flag stand. Owenby nearly turned Page toward the outside wall but he let him go. I assume that's what made Page mad. Not sure. If Page was so upset then on the 3rd start he should have just went into turn 1 and door slammed him and run Owenby way up the track. I just never saw where Page had room to be mad at anyone except at himself.

Highside Hustler25
02-04-2018, 12:47 PM
I watched it several times. The 1st sart I didn't see anything at all. On the 2nd start they got together just past the flag stand. Owenby nearly turned Page toward the outside wall but he let him go. I assume that's what made Page mad. Not sure. If Page was so upset then on the 3rd start he should have just went into turn 1 and door slammed him and run Owenby way up the track. I just never saw where Page had room to be mad at anyone except at himself.

Your assessment might be 100% correct. But if so, does that give a official the right to do what he did over someones words in the heat of the moment? Officials need a cool calm mind. That one definitely had neither.

a25rjr
02-04-2018, 12:53 PM

Just watched it myself. I didn't see anything wrong done by Owenby!

Page needs a Angie and a Ciara on the payroll! :)

Chris Thomason
02-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Its kinda like the Pierce clan, rowdy trailer park antics erupt from that team with pink numbers. Neither are my kinda peeps.

If we are linking irrelevant videos to show trailer park antics then we should be sure to include John's right?

https://youtu.be/k9CmUTPz49w

GRT32
02-04-2018, 01:05 PM
John didn't wreck page at Swainsboro, John broke the rf shock and was trying to get off the track when they tangled, then page fires his car up drives down the side of ownbey car. Ownbey is not the one to start trouble with on or off the track. The 1st start page had John in the outside wall before the flagstand.

B_K
02-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Lol........

a25rjr
02-04-2018, 01:18 PM

Gotta admit.....that's a pretty good payback!

3 wide
02-04-2018, 01:54 PM
The problem is the race track is so hard to pass on you better get the lead at the start if you plan on winning it if you could pass it wouldn't matter who got the lead on the start.

LMNED10
02-04-2018, 02:07 PM
All I will say about about official is local and home cooking!!!

squaredup12
02-04-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm local, and Boyd's was as bad yesterday as I've ever seen it...time management, (lack of) track prep and poor racing surface, etc.

B_K
02-04-2018, 02:39 PM
I'm local, and Boyd's was as bad yesterday as I've ever seen it...time management, (lack of) track prep and poor racing surface, etc.

Agreed. Yesterday pretty much sucked.

RW57
02-04-2018, 03:06 PM
The driver of the 3 car Page tangled with is a punk. His granddad was the late Luther Carter the Apple don't fall too far from the tree.I watched him race for years doing things just like that nothing was ever his fault.

Illtsate32
02-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Cant watch it not a dod subscriber..im sure those who are have seen it already..got my hopes up for nothing lol

Illtsate32
02-04-2018, 03:20 PM
And in any situation when things get heated and stuff goes down does that always mean those people are white trailer trash? I dont think so..ive seen Ed Petroff act a fool before and rightly so does that make him trailer trash lol hes richer than everybody on here...and well respected before someone comes off their highhorse to say "just cause you have money doesnt mean you cant be trash"...smh

AllenK
02-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Was that Ahna Parkhurst wearing the toboggan in that video? Standing with Ownbey as the festivities started?

eorr18
02-04-2018, 05:08 PM
For all you keyboard warriors this video does not show ieverything that was said and happened . Paige ran his mouth and was told to STFU and get his in car by me personally and others. He continued to tell us that he would whoop everyone of us before getting back into his race car which clearly he wasn’t going to do anything but run his mouth, then decided he would get back out of his car to fight. If you run your mouth which clearly he did on the loud speaker that’s one thing but if you have intent to get back out of ur car screaming that ur gonna whoop someone’s ass then I suggest get ready to put ur money where ur mouth is. I personally use to have lots of respect for Paige as a underfunded driver that had potential with some backing but ever since he got that backing he’s turned into a little punk that thinks he can run over anyone at any given time just ask RJ and jimmy Elliot about the ice bowl. The video is proof that John did nothing on any of those starts to cause such an outrage and disrespect Paige showed after the race and my big question is he ran 3rd and was half a track behind why was he even on the front stretch gettiing interview in the first place. The kid runs his mouth knowing his daddy will press charges on anyone that lays a hand on him he’s lucky he didn’t get more then what he got some of us have jobs that aren’t losing over a little boy that didn’t get his nightly bottle feeding before the feature. And yes that was ahnna getting her picture made with Ownbey ✌🏼 ...

PS .. Thanks Boyds speedway that Cabin trouphy looks awesome!

President Clinton
02-04-2018, 05:28 PM
The track guy is related to Owenby so I heard. No matter who was right or wrong....track officials should try to defuse the situation!!!! If they can’t keep personal feelings out, they have no business with that job! Boyd’s should apologize for the actions!!!! Kinda like a police that lets a police provoke him. Don’t need that job

castone
02-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Page may wind up co-owner of Boyd's before this is over!

Illtsate32
02-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Talk is talk..officials should be held to a higher standard esecially just getting hollered at that comes with the job..whatever the situation I kind am biased toward Page because the home cooking and politics at local race tracks totally exist more a lot more than people want to admit, and if your not with the "click" you get treated and talked to like garbage when you have an issue, dont like it dont come back they say..."their game their rules" smh...

Chris Thomason
02-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Eorr- so which guy are you, in the video?

B_K
02-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Well I said banjo music would have set it off, and after reading that one post, now I hear them.

Appreciate it!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-04-2018, 06:10 PM
And in any situation when things get heated and stuff goes down does that always mean those people are white trailer trash? I dont think so..ive seen Ed Petroff act a fool before and rightly so does that make him trailer trash lol hes richer than everybody on here...and well respected before someone comes off their highhorse to say "just cause you have money doesnt mean you cant be trash"...smhI don’t care who you are, including myself, if I act like an idiot, then I should be called out for it. Idiot, trailer trash, whatever, most of us are guilty of it a time or two. Everyone in that video pretty much acted like idiots. And I’m sure of you asked Petroff about whatever incident you’re talking about, he’s probably not proud of how he acted. Is what it is, you learn from it, and hopefully try not to repeat the same situation.

Like I said, both drivers are not clean. So I’m sure they’ll have another get together.

Illtsate32
02-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Agreed CnB and these folks might be trailer trash idiots...I was just saying its a high emotion sport and even more reserved people lose their temper and get a little crazy, but that doesnt define the kind of person they are...

RW57
02-04-2018, 06:32 PM
I watched a video too i thought Owenby tried to pinch Page down on start i did not hear Page threaten anyone Video was only about 10 ft away .Page said what he wanted to got into car to leave the he apparently got back out then track official blindsided him.Owenby came to Dixie last year ran cars all over the race track trying to pass him finally somebody moved him and spun him out. He showed his azz before loading up. I have watched Page for years for him to get back out of car somebody must have really said something to piss him off. Remember he had maybe one crew member with him Boyds has some questions to answer.

eorr18
02-04-2018, 06:40 PM
I watched a video too i thought Owenby tried to pinch Page down on start i did not hear Page threaten anyone Video was only about 10 ft away .Page said what he wanted to got into car to leave the he apparently got back out then track official blindsided him.Owenby came to Dixie last year ran cars all over the race track trying to pass him finally somebody moved him and spun him out. He showed his azz before loading up. I have watched Page for years for him to get back out of car somebody must have really said something to piss him off. Remember he had maybe one crew member with him Boyds has some questions to answer.

And this is how you are wrong Page threatened to fight before getting into his car when back in his car he kept running his mouth he was told by track official to stay in his race car and page said “ what the f.. are you going to do if I don’t” .......

Illtsate32
02-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Anyway you cut it still not grounds for the official to put his paws on him...

squaredup12
02-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Ahnna is dating Owenby's son...she drives for SMR...I'm not intentionally trying to add fuel to the home cooking fire, but do with it what you will...

Kwd1253
02-04-2018, 07:13 PM
@ eorr18 are you track official? If you are, you shouldn't be one, If someone talking their mouth off saying they going whoop everyone and you get pissed about it. Track official job is not throw gas on fire make it worst. Telling someone stfu when the are little heated will make the problem worse.

If you are not, you are just much as the circus act as page was.

But seen how you calling people keyboard warriors, because they going off a video that posted. You trying find reason start something with people and have a fight. You are no better than page calling everyone out to fight them.

President Clinton
02-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Does McDowell still have anything to do with the track??? I doubt he would want his name associated with that kind of behavior out of officials? The drivers are irrelevant and my Mama said sticks and stones might break your bones, but words will never hurt you.👼🏿

zyoung25
02-04-2018, 07:32 PM
I think he dropped his association with the race track when they moved shop north.

RW57
02-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Whatever i would think Page would be smarter than that when he was so outnumbered like I said I have never saw Page react like that.

3 wide
02-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Thought about going a couple of times this year but after this I'll probably skip.

MZ93
02-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Thought about going a couple of times this year but after this I'll probably skip.

If you’re so out numbered keep you’re mouth shut especially how he did Ronnie Johnson at Talladega

flagone
02-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Dale is still involved with Boyd's.

Ahnna drives for her dad Mike Parkhurst and is affiliated with SMR for technical support and driver development.

I am sure that the issues will be addressed.

weatherman85
02-05-2018, 10:32 AM
I've always thought Michael Page has had a bit of a short temper. Kind of the, "If I do it it's just racing, but if you do it your dirty driving me". Everyone knows about the incident with Luther at Dixie in 2013. NO EXCUSE for the #3 flipping Michael over but Michael did door slam him and ruin his race before that all happen. Place the most blame on Dixie for not stopping the race as it was clear what the #3 was going to do. I remember a few years before that he acted very similar as he did at Boyd's with Tony Knowles at Dixie. Tony was trying to get around the outside of Michael for the win and Michael begin moving up to block. He came up once and Tony slightly ran into the back of him and got him loose and made the pass. Michael stopped near the winners circle and started mouthing off while Tony was giving interview again. Didn't Michael also have a run in with McIntosh last year? I also remember him mouthing off to Eric Jacobson at the Dixie shoot out some years back blaming him for Michael not making the feature. Do agree that the official had no right to do what he did but Michael has always seemed to have a temper in my opinion. Michael is a great driver and can wheel the hell out of a car but expect some fireworks if you barely touch his car in any way.

slide-skill
02-05-2018, 12:10 PM
ANYWAY you look at it < the track official should not have put his hands on Page. Boyd's speedway is now on the do not attend list .

GRT62
02-05-2018, 12:53 PM
That was Page's race to win or lose but when someone like Ownby gets a chance to win because nobody showed up, they celebrate it like he won down at Golden Isles against Josh Richards! Question for all the boyd's clowns: how many Lucas wins does Ownby have? Have a good night, scratch boyd's off the list of tracks to ever go to again And Page has "1" lucas win lets not act like he's JD from 2015. And as a racer we celebrate every win because you never know when that's gonna be your last win.

GRT32
02-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Ownbey has won the last 2 ultimate races at nga speedway with some pretty good cars there, it's not like he can't win where ever he pulls in.

GRT32
02-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Rw57 I was with John last year at dixie, not sure your talking about??

castone
02-05-2018, 01:08 PM
This is a little off topic, but I think Dale Mcdowell and David Duplissey are owners of boyd's - have not seen otherwise, and Kathie Coulter will be a good promoter - just give her a chance.

President Clinton
02-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Just seen Boyd’s turned it over to cops to investigate. Thumbs up to the track

MEE
02-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Who is the big bad puss with brown coat and green under it??
Push a old man like that from the rear and his buddy ( a track official) knock him against the car so hard that you can hear it over the ruckus going on.

I would really like to meet that PUSSSSSSS

eorr18 Is that YOU?????

Kwd1253
02-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Wonder if dod has to turn over full footage the circus act. Good to see the promoter and owners turning over to the cops.

Illtsate32
02-05-2018, 04:43 PM
If its just fist a cuffs keep the cops out of our sport we will police it ourselves...smh

TerryM
02-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Whoever this person is from Boyds posting on here, it's a really bad look. We were planning on attending the Lucas race in March, making our first trip there, but I think we're cancelling now. I won't support tracks like this.

TerryM
02-05-2018, 06:19 PM
If its just fist a cuffs keep the cops out of our sport we will police it ourselves...smh
Totally disagree with this thinking. Attitudes like this is why these things happen to begin with. When a track official is involved, you absolutely do not allow the track to handle it. Unless they fire him. I'd be ok with that solution.

jr29
02-05-2018, 07:31 PM

No way track officials should be punching people unless the official is defending himself.
What if a bunch of fans decide to get involved ? Do we police that ourselves ?

Illtsate32
02-05-2018, 08:15 PM
No but drivers crews officials unless its mob action we should handle in house...

President Clinton
02-05-2018, 08:22 PM
If tracks don’t “handle” stuff the politically correct way “police” no big $$$ sponsors or series will ever invest in them. All you super bad a$$ handle it tough guys...... there is a pretty popular sport if you really have the testicular fortitude????? It’s called MMA. I am sure you can sign up

plunks7
02-05-2018, 08:28 PM
The Prez has spoken. And don't bring in the FBI either. :)

a25rjr
02-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Yeah they need to call the cops.....for a broken fingernail! lol

AllenK
02-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Another angle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=804&v=VSZq1FinU6c

plunks7
02-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Automatic firing of track official!!!!!

PRCKartRacer9
02-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Yeah that dude needs to lay off the juice. Strutting around like he won the match. Meat head

Illtsate32
02-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah that dude needs to lay off the juice. Strutting around like he won the match. Meat headYa he tried to take advantage of the situation and thinks cause hes an official it would be justified, he though he was gna slam Page throw him around like a rag doll it didnt quite work out that way..and Page didnt look scared...

a25rjr
02-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Another angle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=804&v=VSZq1FinU6c

haha.....whos the liitle dude that came running in at the end?

He tried reeeaaaalllll hard to get in the middle of it! lololol

AllenK
02-05-2018, 09:14 PM
There's a lot more to be seen from this angle both good and bad.

How about the old boy that gets bumped twice by the 4 wheeler? He gets bumped once,and then the jack handle whops him. LOL.

castone
02-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Way too many people on the track!

Kwd1253
02-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Automatic firing of track official!!!!!

No joke page didn't even hit him, if this been turn over to police that official screwed. Clear as day he assaulted page, judge rule that all day long in the favor of page.

babybird1972
02-05-2018, 10:20 PM
This is a little off topic, but I think Dale Mcdowell and David Duplissey are owners of boyd's - have not seen otherwise, and Kathie Coulter will be a good promoter - just give her a chance.

Per her FB page she is in a lease type agreement with Duplissey for the 2018 racing season. Duplissey has removed himself along with Dale McDowell from the day to day operations of the facility.

It also says she wants to succeed as management and operations of the facility because her grandfather is the track founder. She is also the promoter.

Dale McDowell said that he is planning on doing more racing this year and will still handle the track rentals and have his driving school there.

clayman2
02-06-2018, 01:58 AM
GA has provication laws. Adequate provocation is defined as conduct or circumstances sufficient to deprive a reasonable person of self-control. So if your telling someone you are going to whip their a$$ and in return get yours whipped it could be on you !!

warriorracerg9
02-06-2018, 07:03 AM
The little guy that comes in at the end on a 4 wheeler is michaels dad. He did the same thing anyone on here that has a kid would do which was to try to protect his son. the whole situation stinks. all the lawyers on here crack me up.

Krooser
02-06-2018, 07:14 AM
For those without DoD...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSZq1FinU6c

3 wide
02-06-2018, 08:04 AM
I can't see as page has an argument and he is the one who starts it who is the guy in the gray sweat shirt that bends him back over his race car.

MRM
02-06-2018, 08:58 AM
I can't see as page has an argument and he is the one who starts it who is the guy in the gray sweat shirt that bends him back over his race car.

Good question. Everyone has said it was a track official that hit him. The only person I saw that hit him was the guy in the gray sweatshirt. Was that guy really a track official?

PRCKartRacer9
02-06-2018, 09:04 AM
I’d like to see that guy try that on Kyle Bronson

formercrewguy
02-06-2018, 09:55 AM
I rate this a 2. Last years Fall Classic @Whynot was a 10!!!

intel8
02-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Thanks for posting the video Krooser!

dirty bert
02-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Good question. Everyone has said it was a track official that hit him. The only person I saw that hit him was the guy in the gray sweatshirt. Was that guy really a track official?Yes he had already gave his head set to another official, he knew what he was fixing to do

CageFaraday
02-06-2018, 10:39 AM
If we are linking irrelevant videos to show trailer park antics then we should be sure to include John's right?

https://youtu.be/k9CmUTPz49w

Some people think that kinda of behavior is just a natural part of racing, it isn't. Not everybody resorts to violence every time their feelings get hurt, its a sign of immaturity and a man not in control of himself. Maybe your one of those guys, I dunno, but from my time at Dixie growing up and beyond, I know what I've seen and their is a pattern to it... You wanna be his biggest fan, be my guest, everybody has a right to like and dislike who they want.

Chris Thomason
02-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Yes he had already gave his head set to another official, he knew what he was fixing to do

Yep. Same blue headset like all the others. Then gonna give Page the "come on" hand motion. Lol guy is an a$shat.

I noticed eorr didn't bother to come back around to say which guy he was after I had asked. Realized the poop he'd just stepped in huh? Talk about puttin your foot in your mouth... "Keyboard warrior!"

Chris Thomason
02-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Some people think that kinda of behavior is just a natural part of racing, it isn't. Not everybody resorts to violence every time their feelings get hurt, its a sign of immaturity and a man not in control of himself. Maybe your one of those guys, I dunno, but from my time at Dixie growing up and beyond, I know what I've seen and their is a pattern to it... You wanna be his biggest fan, be my guest, everybody has a right to like and dislike who they want.

Not what I said at all. Just keeping it square. You linked pages antics so I backed you up with some of John's. Fair is fair

CageFaraday
02-06-2018, 10:47 AM
And in any situation when things get heated and stuff goes down does that always mean those people are white trailer trash? I dont think so..ive seen Ed Petroff act a fool before and rightly so does that make him trailer trash lol hes richer than everybody on here...and well respected before someone comes off their highhorse to say "just cause you have money doesnt mean you cant be trash"...smh

A lot of Thugs & Gangsters have made Millions thru rap/hip-hop and street pharmaceuticals. Money does NOT give you intellect, ethics or class, just a nicer trailer(crib). Food for thought.

CageFaraday
02-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Not what I said at all. Just keeping it square. You linked pages antics so I backed you up with some of John's. Fair is fair

I wasn't at Boyds and I have NOT seen that video, only what I've seen from Page at Dixie/Rome. Maybe he's a saint in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know Owenby. Your Owenby video reminded me of the BP/Ciara nonsense from Wild west this year, very entertaining, but sad too. Steroids can make people do bad things.

Illtsate32
02-06-2018, 11:02 AM
A lot of Thugs & Gangsters have made Millions thru rap/hip-hop and street pharmaceuticals. Money does NOT give you intellect, ethics or class, just a nicer trailer(crib). Food for thought.Cage I think I had this sort of convo a good while back but you may have been under a different user name..my Point about Ed was in competitive sports is anybody can act out of character it can happen to anyone its competition Ed has been a mojor contributor to dlm racing it doesnt make you trailer trash a thug or a gangster?!Lol batters rush the mound, hockey they fight heck even in soccer..its safe to say its a natural part of competitive sports..it happens, call the cops cmon does the mlb or nhl doesnt...

lightningfast
02-06-2018, 11:21 AM
"Chicken (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)" lol

Hoosier
02-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Why did Page make a quick U-turn? Seems like an attempt to get more people mad. Or hurt.

3 wide
02-06-2018, 03:04 PM
I remember back in the late 70 probably 77 or 78 Boyd's was the place to be on Friday nights everybody was there I was going to college that is how I remember the year one night a boy got cut real bad in a fight in the grandstands and Charlie Hughes always had to big guys with him I remember they parked the ambulance on the front straight an one of them big boys picked him up an carried him to the ambulance I always wondered if he got alright the kid was young teenager not long after that the racetrack closed I really hated that now I'm not saying that is going to happen in this case but it's not helping.

Krooser
02-06-2018, 03:47 PM
You know rough driving and fights have a long history in this sport. Let the drivers hash it out and keep your crew out if it. That's how it was handled when I started...the drivers could work it out. Once the crew got involved everybody got tossed out...

Jim11h
02-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Guy in grey sweatshirt had blue head set on that fell off during start of scuffle

a25rjr
02-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Cage I think I had this sort of convo a good while back but you may have been under a different user name..my Point about Ed was in competitive sports is anybody can act out of character it can happen to anyone its competition Ed has been a mojor contributor to dlm racing it doesnt make you trailer trash a thug or a gangster?!Lol batters rush the mound, hockey they fight heck even in soccer..its safe to say its a natural part of competitive sports..it happens, call the cops cmon does the mlb or nhl doesnt...

Agree.......Ive seen way better fights at a hockey game!

Ive seen better fights at a Nsync concert than those clowns in the video! lol

B_K
02-06-2018, 05:59 PM
I remember back in the late 70 probably 77 or 78 Boyd's was the place to be on Friday nights everybody was there I was going to college that is how I remember the year one night a boy got cut real bad in a fight in the grandstands and Charlie Hughes always had to big guys with him I remember they parked the ambulance on the front straight an one of them big boys picked him up an carried him to the ambulance I always wondered if he got alright the kid was young teenager not long after that the racetrack closed I really hated that now I'm not saying that is going to happen in this case but it's not helping.

One of those big guys with Hughes was/is just a big ole teddy bear. The guy that got cut was fine, but still has a nice scar for a souvenir.

zyoung25
02-06-2018, 06:14 PM
You know rough driving and fights have a long history in this sport. Let the drivers hash it out and keep your crew out if it. That's how it was handled when I started...the drivers could work it out. Once the crew got involved everybody got tossed out...

I like how the crew was all around the front of the car, and the driver of the 0 was never seen. It seemed to me they were the ones that started the whole mess. Page spoke his mind, even if he was right not those guys shouldn't care, he never called them out, it was the driver he called out. They knew they had him out numbered from the get go.

3 wide
02-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Thanks b-k I appreciate the info man that was some real racing back then.

B_K
02-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Thanks b-k I appreciate the info man that was some real racing back then.

Just heard stories as I would have been 1-2 years old at that time.

One of those big guys is my dad, my uncle got cut. Glad I've missed out on taking home those kind of track souvenirs. Those kind of stories were the soundtrack of my youth though.

3 wide
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM
I'll bet they were that is real interesting I was in my early 20s I was there ever Friday night thanks for letting me know that night for some reason just always stuck with me.

Loud one 52
02-06-2018, 07:44 PM
I think that is Chad Elliott that jumped on Paige. It looks like him to me,but it has been a few since I last saw him.

bullring
02-06-2018, 08:36 PM
I can't believe you even call that a fight.

No need for cops to be involved. Once you bring in the cops, you open the door for lawyers.

These guys wouldn't last long at Sycamore would they Phil?

CageFaraday
02-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Cage I think I had this sort of convo a good while back but you may have been under a different user name..my Point about Ed was in competitive sports is anybody can act out of character it can happen to anyone its competition Ed has been a mojor contributor to dlm racing it doesnt make you trailer trash a thug or a gangster?!Lol batters rush the mound, hockey they fight heck even in soccer..its safe to say its a natural part of competitive sports..it happens, call the cops cmon does the mlb or nhl doesnt...

I don't know Ed and have never discussed him under any name. I never mentioned a need or an opposition to calling the cops, but not everyone who competes goes postal, but I've known many who do. I've never seen Bloomquist in a fight and/or shoving match, Moyer either, wonder why? Most, but not all of the greats typically don't go in for that sort of behavior. I grew up with a guy who had a monster temper when he raced, never helped him in any sort of positive way. He no longer races and he was a second generation driver too. I'm old enough now that if I' helping someone and they turn out to be a, "Hot Head" I just walk. I go to race and race in a professional manner, not to participate in bar room brawling trailer park phallus measuring. From what I've learned on this post with shared videos, it would appear two hot heads ran into each other and felt they couldn't occupy the same space. Maybe they should try urinating on each others tires next time.

Barbecueboy
02-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Page didn't appear to be one of the hotheads IMO........unless I missed something.

jog49
02-07-2018, 02:51 PM
My eyes are not nearly as good as they used to be but after several views of the video, I have no idea what Page was talking about.

dirty bert
02-07-2018, 03:28 PM
My eyes are not nearly as good as they used to be but after several views of the video, I have no idea what Page was talking about.Heck Page don't know what he was talking bout,on that track all both driver's knew who ever got out front would probably win Page was mad he got shuffled back

Krooser
02-07-2018, 03:58 PM
I once went to a fight and a 25 lap feature broke out...

AllenK
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
I noticed something very sad in the Youtube video the other night. In the top right corner of the video,there appears to be a young girl with Down Syndrome. She is terrified by what is taking place,and several people try to console her. I can tell you from experience that children with Down'Syndrome do not like noise or when people are upset like that. That part is hard to watch.

Illtsate32
02-07-2018, 05:00 PM
It was the very start of the race Owenby had him pointed at the wall down the straightaway...

GRT32
02-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Ownbey was pushed into the wall on the start, and got into page when he got off the wall. No John didn't total his car at Swainsboro, he broke the rf and was trying to get off the track when they tangled. Page drove down the right side of John's car under caution.

GRT32
02-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Watch the incar camera, John lifted when he got into his rr.

james white
02-08-2018, 03:30 AM
Looked like Page came up on the start but O lifted for sure,But the big guy could have broke Pages back,there not much to Page.

dirty bert
02-08-2018, 02:57 PM
I think both driver's were doing what any driver would do to get the lead cause they knew that was for the win probably, all the crap after the race is what's got everyone tore up

brsteg
02-08-2018, 03:21 PM

I am very late to the party... but I will say i agree with this if it is drivers or team members. I don't think this should be handed over to track personnel and officials. They should never under any circumstance throw a first punch on a competitor. If they do it's assault just like if it happened anywhere else in America.
If it's 2 competitors (including crews) then that is part of sports as long as its only fists.

Barbecueboy
02-08-2018, 04:07 PM
The crappiest thing I saw in the video was the older guy that got slammed against the back of the car with a resounding thud........

Not exactly sure that was warranted, but I also wasn't in the heat of that moment.

warriorracerg9
02-08-2018, 05:09 PM
that was Michael's dad. he has had cancer and a stroke but was doing the same thing any one of us with a child would have done.

CageFaraday
02-09-2018, 01:26 PM
I am very late to the party... but I will say i agree with this if it is drivers or team members. I don't think this should be handed over to track personnel and officials. They should never under any circumstance throw a first punch on a competitor. If they do it's assault just like if it happened anywhere else in America.
If it's 2 competitors (including crews) then that is part of sports as long as its only fists.

Ok, I finally got to see the video of this incident, not impressed. While I think issuing threats via the PA system is kinda immature, I don't think it deserved getting punched in the face and bowed back over his car. I'm a little unclear on who the bald guy(Curly) with the headset is? If he is a "track official", if so he needs to be fired. Under no circumstance should an official be attacking anyone or laying hands on anyone that hasn't already been physical. If somebody wants to run their mouth, that's NOT causing anyone any harm. I think if JO was concerned by MP's threat he would've taken issue, but he let it roll off with only words exchanged. Woo-ooo. The bald guy though, he reminds of some of these cops gone bad videos, just exploding on whoever is present. I'm still not an MP fan, but what was done to him was uncalled for and Curly needs to be dealt with. As to the incidents on the starts, they seemed minor to me. Couldn't tell from angle, but was MP crowding JO up to the wall maybe? Anyway that's my final take on what happened.

TackyTracker
02-15-2018, 12:40 PM
just saw a youtube video and the official was definitely in with WRONG...