PDA

View Full Version : JD is tough on a track with a cushion.

EDERDS
02-06-2018, 09:01 PM
On a side note, that is one more ugly car he has. Absolutely no imagination at all on the color scheme, but that ugly car is going to find victory lane a lot this year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-06-2018, 09:27 PM
On a side note, that is one more ugly car he has. Absolutely no imagination at all on the color scheme, but that ugly car is going to find victory lane a lot this year.

I agree 100% but looks dnt win race too. No fan of his color choice on that one. I think they wanted a clean look is why they went w it.

super_latemodel_fan
02-07-2018, 06:17 AM
Speaking of ugly cars - pretty much every car out there looks like it is bent - The driver side of these cars looks rounded and the passanger side is straight until you get to the snout and it appears to be turning to the right going straight. If you ask me they all look very odd these days ! whats up with the right front tire being out at least a foot from the right rear ?

james777777
02-07-2018, 06:50 AM
I think the 49 scheme is a breath of fresh air!

Tireguy17
02-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Speaking of ugly cars - pretty much every car out there looks like it is bent - The driver side of these cars looks rounded and the passanger side is straight until you get to the snout and it appears to be turning to the right going straight. If you ask me they all look very odd these days ! whats up with the right front tire being out at least a foot from the right rear ?

Its hard to get in the way of technology and innovation, but today's late model setup package is all but eliminating the "little guy" in the sport being able to regularly stand a chance versus the Super Teams (1R, 1B, 116, 49, 0, etc). I've been out of the sport for 8 years after working on a modified for 21 years, and the stuff I'm hearing these LM teams doing with shocks and springs goes right over my head. It's become far too technical and I don't know why they don't curb it and the aerodynamics that have been built into the bodies when the XR1 came into play. Maybe the shock and spring thing is too hard to tech without going to a spec shock? But the aero stuff would be much easier to stop. Start there but JMO. Obviously that Racing Council isn't concerned with it all.

super_latemodel_fan
02-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Its hard to get in the way of technology and innovation, but today's late model setup package is all but eliminating the "little guy" in the sport being able to regularly stand a chance versus the Super Teams (1R, 1B, 116, 49, 0, etc). I've been out of the sport for 8 years after working on a modified for 21 years, and the stuff I'm hearing these LM teams doing with shocks and springs goes right over my head. It's become far too technical and I don't know why they don't curb it and the aerodynamics that have been built into the bodies when the XR1 came into play. Maybe the shock and spring thing is too hard to tech without going to a spec shock? But the aero stuff would be much easier to stop. Start there but JMO. Obviously that Racing Council isn't concerned with it all.

TG I couldn't agree more on putting the little guy out these day's - It's sad and almost comical looking at these Supers on TV at GIS and East Bay at just how crooked or bent the body look's - I know NASCAR bodies are hung on a skew to the left but these Super's look even more funny than that these day's. I don't even know how the teams get the specs to build these odd looking machines but apparently they all got the same memo cause for the most part they all look bent in the same direction or at least on TV that's how they look I bet when I get a chance to look at one in person it will be even more noticeable.

Jking24
02-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Its hard to get in the way of technology and innovation, but today's late model setup package is all but eliminating the "little guy" in the sport being able to regularly stand a chance versus the Super Teams (1R, 1B, 116, 49, 0, etc). I've been out of the sport for 8 years after working on a modified for 21 years, and the stuff I'm hearing these LM teams doing with shocks and springs goes right over my head. It's become far too technical and I don't know why they don't curb it and the aerodynamics that have been built into the bodies when the XR1 came into play. Maybe the shock and spring thing is too hard to tech without going to a spec shock? But the aero stuff would be much easier to stop. Start there but JMO. Obviously that Racing Council isn't concerned with it all.I think the biggest thing people forget is this is super late model. It's supposed to be pretty much open. I do think the bodies are getting a little out their though but i feel like the xr1 is the tamer if the bunch. It seems to be the long horns that the body is really jacked around on especially in the front

minthess
02-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Ford and JD. The perfect fit. A big ol canted valve Ford on the cushion with a guy with the guts to run er always wins. Chev guys like it slick on the bottom for a reason. If they allow the cars to get any bigger and improve traction any more, a small block chevy will be obsolete.........if not already.

huskerdirt
02-07-2018, 08:19 AM
I think the colors and the scheme the 49 group is sporting are pretty bad ass.

Illtsate32
02-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Beating a dead horse but they may as well let em take the rf fender/nose piece off it would look no worse than it does now having two feet of clearance from the tire...goofy looking

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Ford and JD. The perfect fit. A big ol canted valve Ford on the cushion with a guy with the guts to run er always wins. Chev guys like it slick on the bottom for a reason. If they allow the cars to get any bigger and improve traction any more, a small block chevy will be obsolete.........if not already.

Jd has ran chevys in the past. Remember 2015 that was a chevy.

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2018, 09:12 AM

But, but, but most knowledgeable 4M'ers KNOW that running the cushion is for sissys and guys that, that, that can't run the middle of the track. I read it right here.

minthess
02-07-2018, 09:22 AM
You know its bad when even true late model fans are finally saying the cars are crazy looking. The rule book couldn't be better except for how rediculous the 10 foot wide crooked front end looks.

SFrancisFan15
02-07-2018, 09:58 AM
I think the colors and the scheme the 49 group is sporting are pretty bad ass.

I agree I think it looks good I like the clean look

minthess
02-07-2018, 10:35 AM
I like it too

tb1545
02-07-2018, 11:02 AM
If youre a sponsor, which car design would you want your logo on, Rusty Schlenk's or Davenport's car? Many of these graphics on cars lose focus on the Sponsors that are paying for the placement. Ive always liked the cleaner look of the sponsors being the focus with subtle graphic designs that don't detract the focus from the sponsor logo. But to each their own opinions.

Matt49
02-07-2018, 11:12 AM
I prefer the cleaner look. Some of these wraps look like somebody ate 10 bags of skittles, went on a bender, and lost their lunch on the race car.

AllenK
02-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Jd has ran chevys in the past. Remember 2015 that was a chevy.

And went on a tear late last year with Cornett Lightning power after sucking most of the year with the Hatfield Ford. He did switch to Rocket XR1 also so that obviously helped as well.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-07-2018, 11:42 AM
And went on a tear late last year with Cornett Lightning power after sucking most of the year with the Hatfield Ford. He did switch to Rocket XR1 also so that obviously helped as well.

He did run fords w weavers 116 also

AllenK
02-07-2018, 12:03 PM
He did run fords w weavers 116 also

Yeah,forgot about that. That's a whole lot better deal than what he suffered with for most of last year.

CageFaraday
02-07-2018, 12:12 PM
To me they look like a prostitute with a fat lip. Butt up in the sky, with gnarly face scraping mud from the track with her crack rotten teeth.

TG I couldn't agree more on putting the little guy out these day's - It's sad and almost comical looking at these Supers on TV at GIS and East Bay at just how crooked or bent the body look's - I know NASCAR bodies are hung on a skew to the left but these Super's look even more funny than that these day's. I don't even know how the teams get the specs to build these odd looking machines but apparently they all got the same memo cause for the most part they all look bent in the same direction or at least on TV that's how they look I bet when I get a chance to look at one in person it will be even more noticeable.
Noticeable is an understatement, in person they look like they were in a horrible accident before the race.

And went on a tear late last year with Cornett Lightning power after sucking most of the year with the Hatfield Ford. He did switch to another chassis also so that obviously helped as well.

The engine change was the obvious issue, chassis change had zero to do with the improvement. After JD left BWRC and the next driver(Bailes) brought in a different power plant, the performance upgrade was immediate and we all know the issue wasn't the driver, so the obvious common denominator was the engine. Case closed.

Clayton_Wetter
02-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Will you still be acting like this when you get out of middle school???? :):)

minthess
02-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Never let education stand in the way of truth.