PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil TV

tpr
02-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Anybody else having problems with the feed on Lucas Oil TV . Worked well for me first of the week but last night and tonight keeps freezing picture .

plunks7
02-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Yes I am also.

GregA12
02-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Anybody else having problems with the feed on Lucas Oil TV . Worked well for me first of the week but last night and tonight keeps freezing picture .

Watching on an iPhonex with the 4G LTE network and been smooth all night.

SFrancisFan15
02-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Watching on Amazon fire stick with no problems

tpr
02-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Watching on Amazon fire stick with no problems Thanks for info i am on fire stick also and also tried laptop still have same problem . I guess it is in my internet service .

Shiny Side Up 18
02-08-2018, 09:45 PM
It worked fine for me on my FireTV at 70 Mbps.

dch191
02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Worked fine on roku and iPhone 7.

a25rjr
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
yep.....it was terrible last nite!

Tonite, it was quite a bit better.

rcndrt
02-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Streaming all week through Apple TV. No problems other than slow internet at work!

Snake X3
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM
It is and was junk for me a lot of the time. However, it isn't a problem with LucasTV or everyone would have the problem. I ran a trace route and the problems I was having were between my ISP and Level3. It was timing out on Level 3. Nothing Lucas can do about that. Nothing my ISP can do about it either.

a25rjr
02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
It is and was junk for me a lot of the time. However, it isn't a problem with LucasTV or everyone would have the problem. I ran a trace route and the problems I was having were between my ISP and Level3. It was timing out on Level 3. Nothing Lucas can do about that. Nothing my ISP can do about it either.

I have far more issues with Lucas than I do with Dod.....but I don't understand why!

I emailed Lucas and they have admitted they are having some technical difficulties.

Dlmfan123
02-08-2018, 10:48 PM
In the last week I had 1 problem when I had to refresh my page. Then it was fine for the rest of the night

Snake X3
02-08-2018, 11:01 PM
I have far more issues with Lucas than I do with Dod.....but I don't understand why!

I emailed Lucas and they have admitted they are having some technical difficulties.

Same here. A lot of time it's just where you live and what route along the internet you're taking and for me, that is the case with Lucas. I can watch their "on demand" stuff fine. I can stream multiple HD streams at the same time with my connection. I know the issue isn't with me. And as we have seen here, many people have no issues. I have never had any issues with DoD and I get pretty much every PPV.

I could see exactly where the issues were. It was on the Level 3 network, which is Tier 1 provider which I think is owned by Century Link now....totally crap Their probably the ones that provide Lucas with their bandwidth...also probably why it's so cheap to get Lucas. It's...not good.

Nothing we can do about it though. Parts of the Level 3 network may be fine or others ISPs route differently so they have no issues. The rest of us are stuck with it until Lucas contracts with a better provider.

TerryM
02-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Worked fine on roku and iPhone 7.
That's the combination we use too. No issues here.

fuzzyracing
02-09-2018, 06:25 AM
Firestick here, and yes I did have a little buffering last night. Mon-Wed no problems. I wrote it off as being more people watching and bottle necking things. But I am not an I.T. person either....

mopar92
02-10-2018, 05:25 PM
I’m bummed that a monthly package can’t watch tonight though. I won’t watch most of the season. Much less for $100. That’s a bummer

TerryM
02-10-2018, 05:30 PM
We had to reload last night during the 5th Heat. Missed 3 or 4 laps. It's been perfect all week other than that one little glitch.

Finnfan
02-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Same here. A lot of time it's just where you live and what route along the internet you're taking and for me, that is the case with Lucas. I can watch their "on demand" stuff fine. I can stream multiple HD streams at the same time with my connection. I know the issue isn't with me. And as we have seen here, many people have no issues. I have never had any issues with DoD and I get pretty much every PPV.

I could see exactly where the issues were. It was on the Level 3 network, which is Tier 1 provider which I think is owned by Century Link now....totally crap Their probably the ones that provide Lucas with their bandwidth...also probably why it's so cheap to get Lucas. It's...not good.

Nothing we can do about it though. Parts of the Level 3 network may be fine or others ISPs route differently so they have no issues. The rest of us are stuck with it until Lucas contracts with a better provider.

Good call Snake, I wish more people knew about trace routes and how they work. I work for a local ISP provider and everyone always wants to blame the local for every slow website/feed (I won't even get into speed tests). It seems like every time I run a trace route Level 3 is the problem 90% of the time. I have nothing against their company, that's just the truth.

Krooser
02-10-2018, 11:05 PM
I was watching last night on Facebook live...

Snake X3
02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Good call Snake, I wish more people knew about trace routes and how they work. I work for a local ISP provider and everyone always wants to blame the local for every slow website/feed (I won't even get into speed tests). It seems like every time I run a trace route Level 3 is the problem 90% of the time. I have nothing against their company, that's just the truth.

I did internet radio for 17 years and Level 3 bandwidth was the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

#FALSuperman
02-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Another great feed night on my end..only froze once and that was right before the a-main. Lasted 60 seconds.

TerryM
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Another great feed night on my end..only froze once and that was right before the a-main. Lasted 60 seconds.
Same here. I don't even remember when it was, but it was only about 30 seconds all night. Being able to watch a week of this kind of racing, without leaving the comfort of my recliner, is awesome!