PDA

View Full Version : JD has a great car to drive, gets bite where most others don't.

EDERDS
02-09-2018, 10:05 PM
Toward the end of the Friday race, why did Josh decide to go low and get behind lap cars? If he stays high, he wins.

Slinging
02-09-2018, 10:14 PM
I don't think he thought JD was going to open his cape and FLY HIGH lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Good question, prolly should ask him!

Slinging
02-09-2018, 10:38 PM
It's going to be a guessing game who wins all year...any one of the top 24 guys can win...its a very stout talented series this year...

TerryM
02-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Before the last caution, Josh had a 4-second lead. He was running away with it on the bottom. It wasn't until the very end he realized JD was coming on the top. It's not like NASCAR where you have a spotter in your ear telling the driver every move to make. In our sport, it's all on the driver. And being out front is the hardest place to be, because you can't see what anyone else is doing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Before the last caution, Josh had a 4-second lead. He was running away with it on the bottom. It wasn't until the very end he realized JD was coming on the top. It's not like NASCAR where you have a spotter in your ear telling the driver every move to make. In our sport, it's all on the driver. And being out front is the hardest place to be, because you can't see what anyone else is doing.

I thought there crews help signal where there at on track?

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Toward the end of the Friday race, why did Josh decide to go low and get behind lap cars? If he stays high, he wins.

Driver error. He admitted after the race.

BloomerHarvickFan
02-10-2018, 06:23 AM

I would love to see them make that illegal. If you can't have radios or mirrors, why allow you to have guys with big plastic sticks telling you where to run?
Or at the very least outlaw the aids they use. It would be hard to say a guy can't give you hand signals, too hard to police, but you can stop them from using those big plastic sticks, and sign boards.

blncfn57
02-10-2018, 07:34 AM

Under race conditions, half the time people standing by the fence are only a blur.

dirtMAN007
02-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Under race conditions, half the time people standing by the fence are only a blur.

So the hand signals don't help ?

blncfn57
02-10-2018, 08:03 AM
So the hand signals don't help ?

They do, when you see them. If you're only worried about seeing your crew guy, then you are focused on that and you prolly would.
It would be surprising to me to hear a driver say that they are watching their crew guy every lap or even every 5 laps.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-10-2018, 08:09 AM
It was a rare tactical error by Richards.

Tireguy17
02-10-2018, 08:16 AM
The 49 has some Rumley trickery going on in the Rear suspension again.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Where is Steve Francis?

james777777
02-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Trickery is good for the sport.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-10-2018, 08:59 AM

Well josh was doing pretty good to have a 4sec lead then.

grumfan
02-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Where is Steve Francis?

Steve Francis is everywhere. I was afraid he would be just a famous name with a title, but he's the opposite. I'm impressed with how "hands on" he is. He's all over the pits. You'll see him taking measurements and using the template, etc. When a car goes to the hot pit during a race, Steve follows them into the pit, not one of the other officials. I wonder how he really feels about his new role though. I'll bet it's killing him.

Mindwalker
02-10-2018, 09:33 AM

Ya think? Better believe it's somewhere....

Bob Hubbard
02-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Ya think? Better believe it's somewhere....

More Fake News .....

CageFaraday
02-10-2018, 09:44 AM

It does appear they've figured out a way to hike up much higher than other are. I have a guess how, but I'll keep that bit to myself. Anybody know what went on during Thursday's a-main between Josh and BMJ? They never gave a direct shot of it on TV, but about 2 laps before BMJ pulled off with his front end toe out a foot I saw in the background Josh and BMJ make heavy contact. The view was looking at turn 3 with back straight in back ground. All you see is BMJ up near the wall and then suddenly Josh just door slammed the crap out of BMJ. Next time you see BMJ he's pulling off toe'd out... Just curious.

Mindwalker
02-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Trickery is good for the sport.

If you can afford it... ✌

CageFaraday
02-10-2018, 09:47 AM
If you can afford it... ✌

That's the way it is for those who refuse to think for themselves, they have to pay for someone else to do the work.

CarolinaDirt
02-10-2018, 09:55 AM
That's the way it is for those who refuse to think for themselves, they have to pay for someone else to do the work.

EXACTLY the original device cost $400 to make. Don't give me the engineering cost others spent to catch up to it when someone like Jessie Stovall saw it under Billy Moyer Sr's car made his own and went on a tear in the MLRA with it. Some think for themselves, some spend exhorbitant amounts of money to pay others to think for them.

Illtsate32
02-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Under race conditions, half the time people standing by the fence are only a blur.Maybe my cognitive skills were terrible but I think if every driver answered honestly they would say the same thing...maybe if the track was slicked off and you were putting around the bottom and your crew guy was right there a few feet from the bottom...then maybe, but with cars around you hammer down not a chance...

Barbecueboy
02-10-2018, 10:36 AM
EXACTLY the original device cost $400 to make. Don't give me the engineering cost others spent to catch up to it when someone like Jessie Stovall saw it under Billy Moyer Sr's car made his own and went on a tear in the MLRA with it. Some think for themselves, some spend exhorbitant amounts of money to pay others to think for them.

Nice post....