PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: Pierce Motors and Lucas Oil Points

mndirtman
02-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Hi All

A couple questions for this couch racer. :) Didn't Pierce start out with another motor at the beginning of the year, other than Pro Power? I know they have been running Pro Power for many years, and they've been announcing Pro Power now for the last 3-5 races, so are they exclusive Pro Power now?

2nd Question. Why does Lucas have some points races and some that are not during speed weeks? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Couch Racer Out!

Monty

Jking24
02-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Hi AllA couple questions for this couch racer. :) Didn't Pierce start out with another motor at the beginning of the year, other than Pro Power? I know they have been running Pro Power for many years, and they've been announcing Pro Power now for the last 3-5 races, so are they exclusive Pro Power now? 2nd Question. Why does Lucas have some points races and some that are not during speed weeks? It doesn't make any sense to me. Couch Racer Out!MontyYes they were running different engines to start but i think that changed after the first few nights in Arizona. And i believe lucas has a minimum purse amount that is required to be a points race. And that number being i believe around ten thousand. Its not financially feasible for the track pay that every night. This happens at several lucas events through out the year. I personally like it

zyoung25
02-11-2018, 12:44 PM
They were running Larry Wallace engines in Arizona. I'm not sure why they the non point nights. Back in the day, they always paid points to the weekly point standing, which I think was called the "winter nationals" that was sanctioned by STARS. After the old sanctions were gone and lucas took over, they done away with the weekly point deal, and only pay points to the yearly championship.

james777777
02-12-2018, 04:47 AM
Pro Power recently tweeted a RY 430 w/ 942 hp/727 tq. I assume this is similar to what Bobby has and also similar to the Durham units. It’s mind boggling that they are able to use that kind of power!

Austin34471
02-12-2018, 05:25 AM
^^ take with a grain of salt. You can make the dyno read as much horse power as you want. I’ve seen some big name 900 hp engines make less than 800 hp on a dyno that wasn’t inflated.

ThebigE
02-12-2018, 05:54 AM
There are only a handful of tracks where you need 900+ hp anyways.

BloomerHarvickFan
02-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Personally, I like the idea of taking the entire week at Eastbay, and take your "average" finishing position for the week, and award a single race point total based on the average. That would motivate drivers to race every night, and it would put a little more at stake for the week.
Say if they run 6 races, toss out 1, and average the other 5. That would also give some cushion if you didn't make one, or needed a night off to repair cars.

Bubstr
02-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Most tracks have 1 or 2 nights at most, of points. Having too many points nights at any one track, could give someone on tour an advantage. Bronson is an example of this. East Bay is one of his home tracks. If he was just a little faster, he could have swept his home track races, giving him a big lead to start the season off. Almost any track would give someone an advantage, if they had more points nights. It's good they don't. More points nights at Knoxville might give Maylar a advantage. Florence could benefit Jamison, Macon would help Pierce. On and on.