PDA

View Full Version : Left/right vs. Front/rear brakes

erm11
02-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Modern day LM's benefit more from left/right braking adjustments ? Thinking trail braking on corner entry would be advantageous with this vs. front/rear.

Matt49
02-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Unless you're using brake floaters or caliper attached to the birdcage (pretty rare these days), left to right adjustment won't make a bit of difference in the rear other than which set of pads you want to wear out faster.

mickley.28
02-15-2018, 03:07 PM
left to right on the front can make a big difference in how the car enters the corner... I think most people in the late model class are running 3 wheel brake with the right front turned off though?

Matt49
02-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Another thing to note is that most people are running smaller pistons on the RF caliper to assist some with turn in.
If you're a guy that trail brakes all the time, 3 wheel brake is pretty much a must because that driving style can make the car a lot tighter on entry. I know one guy that is exclusively a trail brake guy and he doesn't even have the RF caliper plumbed. It's just bolted on because the rules state we have to have a caliper at each corner.
All that being said, if you aren't a trail braker, I would argue that if you need 3 wheel brake to make your car turn, your car is way too tight.