PDA

View Full Version : Barely Right

a25rjr
02-22-2018, 10:53 PM
Barry might be on to something good!

Mark Whitener wins first night out in new Icon.... Nesmith at BRP!

Josh Bayko
02-23-2018, 06:08 AM
They do appear to be pretty good cars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 07:07 AM

Did you doubt Barry could come back?

a25rjr
02-23-2018, 08:24 AM

Nope, just wondered if at his age, he still had the drive to......question answered!

Good to see Whitener outrun his boyfriend! :)

UMPDream
02-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Nope, just wondered if at his age, he still had the drive to......question answered!

A true racer never loses the drive. He could live two lifetimes and never quit. And the move with Madden was the best decision because now you have a driver that knows what he feels and can provide the feedback necessary in developing the car as opposed to just saying "The RR wont stick". A lot of people will disagree with me but Chris Madden will end up being one of the best ever.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-23-2018, 09:11 AM

He came back w a lil help...... l_ _ _ _ _ _ n!

JM15
02-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Did they take tire samples from Whitener?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 09:41 AM
He came back w a lil help...... l_ _ _ _ _ _ n!

That's the common denominator of all the fast cars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Did they take tire samples from Whitener?

I would imagine they did. Tires ain't the first place to cheat with an underpowered crate though.

Josh Bayko
02-23-2018, 09:52 AM
I would imagine they did. Tires ain't the first place to cheat with an underpowered crate though.

It’s Florida though. I’m not sure they know how to race without funky tires.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 10:12 AM
I spent enough years down there to know you speak the sad truth. Lol.

Chris Thomason
02-23-2018, 10:30 AM
BBQ boy and the rest of us will stop back by in two weeks to see if he was really the winner

Chris Thomason
02-23-2018, 10:34 AM
A lot of people will disagree with me but Chris Madden will end up being one of the best ever.

Totally agree. I started to post something to the extent of being a Madden fan in that recent unpopular thought thread. Thought it woulda been cheesy. Guys is smart, and dam good

dirty bert
02-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Madden already is one of the best and has been for a while

Tireguy17
02-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Madden and his help didn't hurt getting BWRC back on track.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-23-2018, 10:58 AM
madden and his help didn't hurt getting bwrc back on track.

^^^^^ agree ^^^^^

bullittwrench
02-23-2018, 11:28 AM
I’ll never buy a chassis because it wins crate races. Whitener probably didn’t want to spend 40g on an xr1 or horn.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 11:35 AM
Whitener was in a horn before. Barry doesn't give cars away.

bullittwrench
02-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Does he charge 40k? Never said he gave them away did I?

old17ford
02-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Whitener could win in a SUBARU .

Josh Bayko
02-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Whitener could win in a SUBARU .

I mean, a WRX would probably make a pretty decent dirt race car.

CageFaraday
02-23-2018, 12:42 PM

Wasn't aware Barry went anywhere.

Barry at his age... His son Lance is right there to continue on, unlike Rayburn's son who went into hospitality I think. Lance is a sharp chassis guy in his own right. Oh yeah, the "barely right" joke, that never gets old, Ha-Ha-Ha, kinda like, "Shinnston We have a problem".

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Does he charge 40k? Never said he gave them away did I?

Not sure of his current price. But he has never been cheap.

a25rjr
02-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Wasn't aware Barry wet anywhere.

Barry at his age... His son Lance is right there to continue on, unlike Rayburn's son who went into hospitality I think. Lance is a sharp chassis guy in his own right. Oh yeah, the "barely right" joke, that never gets old, Ha-Ha-Ha, kinda like, "Shinnston We have a problem".

LOL.....a buddy of mine started calling me that after I crew chiefed on a BWRC for a couple of years! He asked me to help him with his new car, after that, and we ended up winning 8 in a row! Then the dummy sold it for a good chunk and retired! smh

Illtsate32
02-23-2018, 03:06 PM
Madden should win the woo title hands down then with all this one of the greatest talk...

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Whitener could win in a SUBARU .You give me WRX STI upgraded for dirt racing, I think you’d be highly amazed. Everyone can hate on Jap cars a 4 bangers, but the boxer engine in them is good. They need to update the Subaru motor in the WRX and the STI, but they are pretty sporty. I owned a WRX, shoulda spent the extra for a STI, I did not.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Madden should win the woo title hands down then with all this one of the greatest talk...I think it’s just giving credit where it’s due. Madden is very good as a driver, feeling a car, and knowing what changes to make, and how to make them. He has always been tough, just hasn’t traveled a lot till the last year or so. With him and Barry having a good relationship for a long time, I just think they’ll shine together. Madden is a veteran, as is Barry and Lance. I still think BShep wins the championship, though of course he should be ranked like 5th in the DoD poll for some moronic reason. I see Madden being top 3 for sure.

Krooser
02-24-2018, 10:40 AM
The Aussie engine builders say those Subaru engines are made of cheese... They all use aftermarket stuff because the OE parts are so weak... Me? I don't care...

CageFaraday
02-24-2018, 11:04 AM
LOL.....a buddy of mine started calling me that after I crew chiefed on a BWRC for a couple of years! He asked me to help him with his new car, after that, and we ended up winning 8 in a row! Then the dummy sold it for a good chunk and retired! smh

That"s ironic, my nickname was "Barry Wright" too, going back to my kart racing days. The other is, "Shock Dude". But that's all the past.

I always wanted a WRX, those Subaru's are impressive and solid.