PDA

View Full Version : Rocket blue front vs. xr1

Dirtmod13
02-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Is the xr1 front being run the same width as the blue front in the “wide” option? I thought I heard someone say they went away from the wide front.

mickley.28
02-25-2018, 07:59 PM
When I had my 2014 blue in 2016 rocket gave me a new setup sheet that said to run the right front in the narrow position. It also said to remove the underslug travel limiter on lr and lengthen the left side bars among other things.

RacerX10
03-02-2018, 06:41 PM
When I had my 2014 blue in 2016 rocket gave me a new setup sheet that said to run the right front in the narrow position. It also said to remove the underslug travel limiter on lr and lengthen the left side bars among other things.

Can I just call them up to get this new setup sheet ? 2010 Blue/Gray Rocket here with wide RF setup.

Mr.Kennedy777
03-02-2018, 07:56 PM
When I had my 2014 blue in 2016 rocket gave me a new setup sheet that said to run the right front in the narrow position. It also said to remove the underslug travel limiter on lr and lengthen the left side bars among other things.Lengthen left side bars, by an inch or two?

Rayburnt
03-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Can I just call them up to get this new setup sheet ? 2010 Blue/Gray Rocket here with wide RF setup.Sure you can. That’s what the tech guys do. It’s been out for a couple years.

DEKconsulting
03-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Lf 550 rf 275 with 3 rubbers lr 8" 175/ 10" 175 rr 225 Lrt rod 18" w/ shortner bracket bottom rod 16"Right side top18.5 bottom 53.7 to 54 2 left side %53 to 53.5 rear% Narrow front with 1"

RacerX10
04-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Lf 550 rf 275 with 3 rubbers lr 8" 175/ 10" 175 rr 225 Lrt rod 18" w/ shortner bracket bottom rod 16"Right side top18.5 bottom 53.7 to 54 2 left side %53 to 53.5 rear% Narrow front with 1"

Can you explain "rf with 3 rubbers" for me ?

Thanks !

mickley.28
04-02-2018, 08:07 PM
3 blue spring rubbers installed in the spring coils. It essentially makes that 275lb spring have approximately 350lb rate. The idea is you can pull spring rubbers on the right front to change spring rate allot easier than changing springs. The rubbers also don’t have as much affect on static wedge numbers as changing springs would without resetting ride height.

RacerX10
04-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Interesting .. I was doing this 15 years ago :)

I never tried (3) though, only just had black one and pulled it out when the track dried out.

TheJet-09
04-02-2018, 09:07 PM
I'm hijacking so I apologize, but with spring rubbers, does it matter or change their effect based on "where" in the coil spring you are putting them? With three, I assume the spring is pretty much all rubbers, but with just one, would there be a difference in putting it in the middle of the spring versus at the very top or bottom? And lastly, do they at all act like a bump stop, or just change the effective spring rate?

Thanks in advance!

billetbirdcage
04-02-2018, 11:28 PM
I'm hijacking so I apologize, but with spring rubbers, does it matter or change their effect based on "where" in the coil spring you are putting them? With three, I assume the spring is pretty much all rubbers, but with just one, would there be a difference in putting it in the middle of the spring versus at the very top or bottom? And lastly, do they at all act like a bump stop, or just change the effective spring rate?

Thanks in advance!

Yes and No.

For the most part where you put them (top, bottom, or middle) won’t have an effect on overall rate change, but could have a very small effect depending on the whole spring/rubber situation in some instances, like installing close to the pig tail (extreme top or bottom) and if installing more then one rubber.

3 rubbers would be far from completely filled as on a typical 12” RF spring you could easily have 6 to 9 if you wanted to, a lot of that is going to be dependant on number of active coils in your spring.

Back to placement on multiple rubbers: You will get some change if you put 3 back to back (ends mating to each other) vs ¼ of a coil apart vs 1 or more full coils apart. This could be all most nothing and can be reasonably significant.

As far as a bumpstop: Typically no, but that also depends on how many rubbers and how many active coils are left and if the spring is close to coil bind under normal travel. So there can for sure be times it could, but typically with a few rubbers and a long extended travel type spring it usually doesn’t happen.

How much they change rate and when and where in the travel is somewhat dependent on the durometer/hardness of the rubber and how tight it fits into the coil spacing. You may install one that fits loose enough that the coils never come close enough together to really deactivate that coil enough to make much rate change or may not change rate much until the spring is a fair ways into it's normal travel.

RacerX10
04-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I agree, where the rubber is shouldn't make any difference since you're effectively just eliminating a single coil.