PDA

View Full Version : Cory Hedgec ock Outruns Weather & Foes for Frostbuster Cash

Ben Shelton
02-27-2018, 10:15 AM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
February 27, 2018

Cory Hedgec ock Outruns Weather and Foes for Frostbuster Cash

Loudon, Tennessee (02/27/18) – Cory Hedgec ock broke 2018’s seal on Victory Lane on Saturday afternoon. The pilot of the Shadden Motorsports #9 Valley Transport/ Cushman/ Rocket Chassis XR1 Super Late Model picked up the $3,500 victory in the Frostbuster at Volunteer Speedway.

“That track was pretty tricky in spots today, but we had a really good car the whole race,” Hedgec ock said. “I bided my time there and got to the lead late in the race. I want to thank the Shadden family and all of my sponsors for providing me with such a great ride.”

Under threatening skies Cory Hedgec ock trekked to Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee) on Saturday afternoon, where he pulled double duty in the Super Late Model and Crate Late Model ranks during the third annual Frostbuster.

Qualifying fifth fastest in the Schaeffer Oil Iron Man Super Late Model Series field, Hedgec ock earned the fifth-starting position for the A-Main.

Challenging track conditions awaited the competitors, so Hedgec ock was careful to preserve his equipment during the event’s first half. Overtaking race-leader Chicky Barton on lap 22, Cory Hedgec ock held the field at bay for the remaining 13 circuits to capture his first win of the season and a $3,500 payday. Jadon Frame, Billy Ogle Jr., Craig Greer, and Chicky Barton completed the Top-5 finishers in the 35-lap affair.

In a field of 20 Crate Late Models, Hedgec ock again recorded the fifth-fastest time in qualifying, which positioned him fifth on the starting grid for the main event.

With $1,500 on the line, Cory improved two spots in the 25-lap affair to place third behind Anthony White and Rusty Ballenger with Trevor Sise and Josh Henry rounding out the Top-5.

For more results from this event, please visit www.VolunteerSpeedway.com .

This Saturday, March 3 Cory is tentatively scheduled to travel to North Georgia Speedway (Chatsworth, Georgia) to compete in a $4,000-to-win event with the Ultimate Super Late Model Series. The event is tentative because Cory’s wife Katie is just days away from giving birth to their first child. As a result, his racing plans for this weekend obviously are contingent on this very exciting arrival.

For more information on the event, please visit www.ULTIMATEsupers.com .

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Cushman, Valley Transport, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Transport One, Renegade Racing Fuels, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Renegade Reach, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, Stealth Racing Carburetors, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Cory Hedgec ock, please visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/Cory-Hedgec ock-Motorsports-166540363452544 and https://twitter.com/Hedgec ock23 .