PDA

View Full Version : Anti-reversion mufflers?

Dirty57racer
02-28-2018, 10:12 PM
I've been reading on anti-reversion mufflers and the gains you get from running them, just curious if there is a difference between dynatech or Schoenfeld?

Kromulous
03-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Interesting, would like to hear if anyone is running these on an open engine too?

billetbirdcage
03-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Interesting, would like to hear if anyone is running these on an open engine too?

If you really want to study exhaust, read up on how fast the air is moving out of the exhaust port as it's supersonic. Breaking the sound barrier causes all kinds of flow issues and theories if you didn't know the speed was supersonic.

Kromulous
03-01-2018, 06:16 PM
I wish I was young again and a lot more free time to study air flow and ports, I always found it really really interesting. I will look into the exhaust air flow thou, hopefully utube videos ! Lol.

Have you seen port dimpling like a golf ball? It’s another very cool area, I guess the Drag guys are doing it.

RW57
03-01-2018, 06:36 PM
I put a set of schoenfields on a limited type hobby motor it made a difference in motor it did not even sound like same motor if you study up on any they work it makes sense.