PDA

View Full Version : Davenport

rockman1755
03-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Looks like it's going to be a year like 2016 season, fast and winning but tearing up alot of race cars, seen a photo from Sundays race on the wrecker with a crashed up race car.I know landers has deep pockets but it won't take long before rumley and crew get tired of fixing cars every week.I'm not bashing him just think that guy needs to calm down a little,they don't need the cushion anymore to win.

Pennsboro23
03-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Calm down. As long as they're winning, they aren't going to mind a torn up race car or two. Especially when it comes crown jewel time and he has won 2-3 of them.

tsand
03-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Very minor damage took less than 30 min to fix it

donavon
03-05-2018, 11:06 AM
JD got into the wall in hot laps...They said it was fixed in 30 minutes...

CageFaraday
03-05-2018, 11:48 AM
JD got into the wall in hot laps...They said it was fixed in 30 minutes...

That makes sense with him being listed finishing 7th. Things happen, parts fail, its racing.
As a point of fact, this incident happened in hot laps when a part failed and nobody proclaimed,
"Ah shades of 2004!"
https://www.dirtondirt.com/upload/cache/img.php-400x0-upload-articlephoto-cphoto_55.jpg

stewart fan
03-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Wasn't the bloomer incident the result of someone else getting in the wall an Scott had nowhere to go?????

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Wasn't the bloomer incident the result of someone else getting in the wall an Scott had nowhere to go?????

No. He dug his nose in and crashed. Then he was hit by a car running behind him.

MC92
03-05-2018, 01:06 PM
I was there and saw the whole thing. He drove in too hard going into turn 1 in warmups and got into the marbles and slid up and smacked the wall. When I walked down into the pits and passed his trailer he was under the right front working on it and changing out control arms and tie rods and such. He didn’t necessarily junk the car but I wouldn’t call it light damage.

No_Weak_Links
03-05-2018, 01:56 PM
No. He dug his nose in and crashed. Then he was hit by a car running behind him.Yep. Nose didn't have enough rake on the RF. Went into 3 and folded the nose under. Would've been able to fix it no problem. It just tore up RF suspension.....but when they threw a caution. Somebody I can't remember who, must not have seen it. A good 5 seconds or so later the guy was still wide open and barreled into the 0. Taking him out for the weekend.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Yep. Nose didn't have enough rake on the RF. Went into 3 and folded the nose under. Would've been able to fix it no problem. It just tore up RF suspension.....but when they threw a caution. Somebody I can't remember who, must not have seen it. A good 5 seconds or so later the guy was still wide open and barreled into the 0. Taking him out for the weekend.B4. Brad Eitneaur. In fairness, the haulers and everything block your view until the last second, and this was before RaceCeivers, and the much better caution lights. After that they made some changes. Just imagine because of how long it’d been if he’d a brain fart and undid his belts.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-05-2018, 04:15 PM
That makes sense with him being listed finishing 7th. Things happen, parts fail, its racing.
As a point of fact, this incident happened in hot laps when a part failed and nobody proclaimed,
"Ah shades of 2004!"
https://www.dirtondirt.com/upload/cache/img.php-400x0-upload-articlephoto-cphoto_55.jpgWhat did Scott in was the car that didn’t see him, not his screw up.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Looks like it's going to be a year like 2016 season, fast and winning but tearing up alot of race cars, seen a photo from Sundays race on the wrecker with a crashed up race car.I know landers has deep pockets but it won't take long before rumley and crew get tired of fixing cars every week.I'm not bashing him just think that guy needs to calm down a little,they don't need the cushion anymore to win.You’re crazy. They’ll be just fine, long as they stick together, that is one tough team, with deep pockets.

Mindwalker
03-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Looks like it's going to be a year like 2016 season, fast and winning but tearing up alot of race cars, seen a photo from Sundays race on the wrecker with a crashed up race car.I know landers has deep pockets but it won't take long before rumley and crew get tired of fixing cars every week.I'm not bashing him just think that guy needs to calm down a little,they don't need the cushion anymore to win.

Good post... Only thing jd wont calm down, he will continue bending and banging on his stuff and enyone in his way. He's another Don O'neal lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-05-2018, 05:06 PM
Good post... Only thing jd wont calm down, he will continue bending and banging on his stuff and enyone in his way. He's another Don O'neal lol.

Doing so on his way to his 2nd lucas title.

Pretty good for an "average regional driver" to beat up on the best touring drivers.

Clayton_Wetter
03-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Doing so on his way to his 2nd lucas title.

Pretty good for an "average regional driver" to beat up on the best touring drivers.

Keep on quilling as long as you can SS!!!! hahahhahaaaa

Mindwalker
03-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Keep on quilling as long as you can SS!!!! hahahhahaaaa

He will... Hahahaha--

a25rjr
03-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Daverageport??? :)

slmcrewchief99
03-05-2018, 05:57 PM

roflmao!!! but then again you have a point

Mindwalker
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM

White Lightning??? Lol

rockman1755
03-06-2018, 01:10 AM
lord excuse me for voicing my opinion,I forgot this isnt 2016 when they had to fix the race car every weekend and the rumleys had all they could take and left the sport.this should really get you superman cape hangers all stirred up....I think hes overrated,without rumley hes no champion,top 5 to 10 driver at best.the best drivers out there can jump in any chassis brand and make it fast,JD proved last year that he cant.madden took his knowledge to the wright camp and is running up front just like last year.when JD can win without rumley then he will get my respect but what Ive seen from him since he started is that he needs somebody else to make the car fast.he can drive the wheels off it and I give him that but thats about it....now let the bashing begin.lol

lw82
03-06-2018, 01:22 AM
When did 0 get involved in a wreck? Was he involved in a hot lap incident or???

Highside Hustler25
03-06-2018, 04:09 AM
Oh my:rolleyes:

Pennsboro23
03-06-2018, 07:11 AM
lord excuse me for voicing my opinion,I forgot this isnt 2016 when they had to fix the race car every weekend and the rumleys had all they could take and left the sport.this should really get you superman cape hangers all stirred up....I think hes overrated,without rumley hes no champion,top 5 to 10 driver at best.the best drivers out there can jump in any chassis brand and make it fast,JD proved last year that he cant.madden took his knowledge to the wright camp and is running up front just like last year.when JD can win without rumley then he will get my respect but what Ive seen from him since he started is that he needs somebody else to make the car fast.he can drive the wheels off it and I give him that but thats about it....now let the bashing begin.lol

That's not why they left the sport. Maybe you forgot how much money they won in 2015? A few beat up race cars was worth it. They won almost every crown jewel that year. You're just stirring the pot.

Mantis
03-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Trolling post is trolling......

............but I have been intrigued by the Madden situation this year given Davenport was basically in the same ride last year and we all seen those results. Makes me wonder if it was sponsorship, engines, shocks, etc or if the comparison of the two drivers setup ability a legitimate argument.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2018, 08:06 AM
lord excuse me for voicing my opinion,I forgot this isnt 2016 when they had to fix the race car every weekend and the rumleys had all they could take and left the sport.this should really get you superman cape hangers all stirred up....I think hes overrated,without rumley hes no champion,top 5 to 10 driver at best.the best drivers out there can jump in any chassis brand and make it fast,JD proved last year that he cant.madden took his knowledge to the wright camp and is running up front just like last year.when JD can win without rumley then he will get my respect but what Ive seen from him since he started is that he needs somebody else to make the car fast.he can drive the wheels off it and I give him that but thats about it....now let the bashing begin.lolLeading Lucas Points, and he will finish in the top 5. Barry Wright’s issues were the Hatfield motors. Changed motors with Ross Bailes and did pretty good. Madden has freely admitted they’ve been changing a lot of things on the cars. The issue wasn’t JD, it was the motors.

Rumley and Davenport split up because quite frankly they couldn’t get past the changes Lucas made directed at them. They ran well, just not the magical numbers from 15’, which are probably unattainable. Early in the year they darn good, thumbing their nose at Lucas. Then they become just good, not great, and obviously started not getting along.

It’s not bashing, you’re just not using actual facts. He can win on any surface and has more than proven himself.

fastford
03-06-2018, 08:11 AM

kinda like joush richards and rocket , right??????? Wasn't it in 2016 that rumley went and " Consulted " with them???

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2018, 08:22 AM
kinda like joush richards and rocket , right??????? Wasn't it in 2016 that rumley went and " Consulted " with them???Not quite. Josh was still pretty good, just not what they were once they came out with the XR1. JD and Barry sucked. See post above, I’m not bashing. And yeah, supposedly Rumley consulted with Rocket, helping to make the XR1.

I wouldn’t give in to this guys ridiculous post and make one not much better.

NormP
03-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Does Davenport ever work on the cars or just hang out till it's race time and then drive?

Seems like if Madden has changed a bunch of stuff in addition to the engines, then maybe Davenport would have thought to try that as well when he was driving the Barry Wright stuff last year.

Doesn't make sense that the only thing missing from BWRC last year was a good engine.

In short--is Davenport just a driver, or is he more like Madden, Bloomquist, Lanigan, etc., that also know how the cars work?

Josh Bayko
03-06-2018, 09:29 AM
kinda like joush richards and rocket , right??????? Wasn't it in 2016 that rumley went and " Consulted " with them???

Richards won multiple WoO titles before the XR1 was even a thing. I don’t know that the comparison is apt.

nuff said
03-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Didn't Rumley help the Bpwyer cars also ? I didn't see any magic results from that.

Pennsboro23
03-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Didn't Rumley help the Bpwyer cars also ? I didn't see any magic results from that.

For like two races?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-06-2018, 10:48 AM

He made a world of difference for Vosbergen.

fastford
03-06-2018, 10:55 AM
I like both of them , but , for the basher,s both ways , lets give credit where it,s due , if josh and rocket were that great before JD, s 2015 year , then why did they bring in an outsider, rumley , to help , i,m sure there was a lot of money swapped hand,s when that deal went down though....

Mindwalker
03-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Fastford u make too much sense but remember... the truth will set you free here....

CageFaraday
03-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Trolling post is trolling......

............but I have been intrigued by the Madden situation this year given Davenport was basically in the same ride last year and we all seen those results. Makes me wonder if it was sponsorship, engines, shocks, etc or if the comparison of the two drivers setup ability a legitimate argument.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

The engine JD had was a dog, period. Car is basically the same now as when he drove it. If you do the math, JD won with Barry before this past go round and since, Bailes and Madden have both won in Barry's ICON since and the car is unchanged. The engine was the piece of the equation that doesn't fit, never has Barry used that supplier before, almost always Clements with a few notable exceptions. I think Bloomquist was still using Custom or Cornett during his turn and Brandon Kinzer used a Mopar, not sure by who. Almost every other time they used Clements.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-06-2018, 12:42 PM
The engine JD had was a dog, period. Car is basically the same now as when he drove it. If you do the math, JD won with Barry before this past go round and since, Bailes and Madden have both won in Barry's ICON since and the car is unchanged. The engine was the piece of the equation that doesn't fit, never has Barry used that supplier before, almost always Clements with a few notable exceptions. I think Bloomquist was still using Custom or Cornett during his turn and Brandon Kinzer used a Mopar, not sure by who. Almost every other time they used Clements.

That car is not the same! Madden drove a longhorn for the past few yrs and knows them well.

Barry builds cars so you can figure out whatz some of the designs that are in that ihorn that madden drives for barry

Hoosier_Dirt
03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Does Davenport ever work on the cars or just hang out till it's race time and then drive?

Seems like if Madden has changed a bunch of stuff in addition to the engines, then maybe Davenport would have thought to try that as well when he was driving the Barry Wright stuff last year.

Doesn't make sense that the only thing missing from BWRC last year was a good engine.

In short--is Davenport just a driver, or is he more like Madden, Bloomquist, Lanigan, etc., that also know how the cars work?

Yes, he does work on them too. Have seen him at plenty of races working with the crew.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Inside dirt racing tweeted a pic of jd and crew working on car at cherokee. Im pretty sure thats jd w his drvr suit on under car working.

Highside Hustler25
03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Inside dirt racing tweeted a pic of jd and crew working on car at cherokee. Im pretty sure thats jd w his drvr suit on under car working.

Handing the tools to Kevin does not count:)

a25rjr
03-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Handing the tools to Kevin does not count:)

Kevin was handling his tool???.....whaaattttt, that goes way beyond a crew chiefs job requirements! :)

Mindwalker
03-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Oh My...........!!!!!!!

nuff said
03-06-2018, 06:16 PM
For like two races?

He helped GR and Davenport for like 2 races and they won a crown jewel.

Illtsate32
03-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Lets stick to assessing talents to driving thats why they are the "driver" when it comes to mechanical ability almost every tour driver has someone else setting their car up..its amazing when people dont like somebody how they skew things, ya hes a great driver but he sucks at chess..smh driving and mechanic are two completely different things to judge...

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2018, 06:59 PM
The engine JD had was a dog, period. Car is basically the same now as when he drove it. If you do the math, JD won with Barry before this past go round and since, Bailes and Madden have both won in Barry's ICON since and the car is unchanged. The engine was the piece of the equation that doesn't fit, never has Barry used that supplier before, almost always Clements with a few notable exceptions. I think Bloomquist was still using Custom or Cornett during his turn and Brandon Kinzer used a Mopar, not sure by who. Almost every other time they used Clements.Out of Maddens mouth it sounds like they have really been changing the car. Don’t get me wrong, the main issue when JD was there was the boat anchor.

COKEandaSMILE
03-06-2018, 08:05 PM
So the consensus is, that the combination of jd and bw couldn't acquire a competitive engine? That raises more questions than it answers.

a25rjr
03-06-2018, 08:16 PM
So the consensus is, that the combination of jd and bw couldn't acquire a competitive engine? That raises more questions than it answers.

Agree.My redneck uncle says.....theres a colored gentleman in the lumber business! :)

zyoung25
03-06-2018, 09:03 PM

He was a consultant for Lanigan through speedweeks, not both cars. His ideas weren't jiving with Lanigans ideas. There was no further plans of him staying with the team after speedweeks in 17. I dont think it lasted til the end of speedweeks.

NormP
03-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Lets stick to assessing talents to driving thats why they are the "driver" when it comes to mechanical ability almost every tour driver has someone else setting their car up..its amazing when people dont like somebody how they skew things, ya hes a great driver but he sucks at chess..smh driving and mechanic are two completely different things to judge...

No one is skewing anything. It's amazing when people are nut hugging a driver they see the boogeyman under every bed.

Illtsate32
03-07-2018, 12:12 AM
Nah I just think people are pathetic peasants who will deny facts and make lame excuses..I am not a JD fan what so ever but I wont disrespect peoples intelligence or the sport by saying hes not one of the if not THE most talented man behind a steering wheel in our sport right now..I just cant grasp why some people will argue and deny facts when its right in front of their face..

Illtsate32
03-07-2018, 12:13 AM
Just trollin is all I come up with I started using the ignore button a few weeks ago and I must say that I love it...

EvelB7
03-07-2018, 05:26 AM
I watched Kevin go from a wide eyed kid helping his dad to the professor of setup over many years, he has lived every part of the sport and is as successful as he is because of it. Also have been around JD since he first came over to North Carolina driving David Smith's backup car, again his dedication to learn and hone his skills is being rewarded. Barry Wright, Madden also have earned everything they have achieved, some combinations just work better than others.

CageFaraday
03-07-2018, 10:53 AM
That's not why they left the sport. Maybe you forgot how much money they won in 2015? A few beat up race cars was worth it. They won almost every crown jewel that year. You're just stirring the pot.

I'd just ignore that a-hole, he's obviously an ignorant troll.

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:17 AM

SMH... Funny when the truth be spoken, those who refuse to see it or just can't see it resort to saying you are stiring the pot and then atempt to explain their distorted side of things like the post above.... Lol and lol some more......

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:20 AM
I'd just ignore that a-hole, he's obviously an ignorant troll.
Well of course be is hahahaha..... 👌

Pennsboro23
03-07-2018, 11:29 AM
SMH... Funny when the truth be spoken, those who refuse to see it or just can't see it resort to saying you are stiring the pot and then atempt to explain their distorted side of things like the post above.... Lol and lol some more......

Serious question, do you even make sense to yourself?

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Serious question, do you even make sense to yourself?

Obviously but I get it that you and others have e a big denial issue. 😉

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Only thing the dude is stirring, is the reality some of you don't want to except.

Illtsate32
03-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Serious question, do you even make sense to yourself?Penn stop feeding them eventually they will starve and die off...

Pennsboro23
03-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Penn stop feeding them eventually they will starve and die off...

Sorry, rarely do I ever reply to the select few on here that ruin this forum.

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:47 AM

Who's feeding who? Ah forget it.... You refuse to see it. You should try tho..... ✌

Highside Hustler25
03-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Obviously but I get it that you and others have e a big denial issue. 

You must have the big sausage fingers cuz yer always throwing extra letters out there nowadays.

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Sorry, rarely do I ever reply to the select few on here that ruin this forum.

It's all good if you can agree to disagree..... It works u know?✌

Illtsate32
03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Sorry, rarely do I ever reply to the select few on here that ruin this forum.If you say water is wet they say its dry it makes them feel relevant by saying something different even though its not reality, not worth the minutes of your life to engage em...

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:53 AM
You must have the big sausage fingers cuz yer always throwing extra letters out there nowadays.

Lol... Dont get excited now 😊

Mindwalker
03-07-2018, 11:55 AM
If you say water is wet they say its dry it makes them feel relevant by saying something different even though its not reality, not worth the minutes of your life to engage em...

Gawd..... SMH my oh My!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-07-2018, 12:27 PM

He wont. Some on here cant accept the 49 team.

Barbecueboy
03-07-2018, 06:29 PM

The bank will accept all of their checks ........should be a good many more this year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
The bank will accept all of their checks ........should be a good many more this year.

Cha ching Cha ching

a25rjr
03-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Welfare???.....They getting subsidized by the govt! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Welfare???.....They getting subsidized by the govt! :)

Bbq's not talking about your personal govt program you mentioned ( WELFARE).
BBQ & MYSELF donate to keep you up thru our weekly salary.

a25rjr
03-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Bbq's not talking about your personal govt program you mentioned ( WELFARE).
BBQ & MYSELF donate to keep you up thru our weekly salary.

And I thank you......it will come in handy at my condo in Orlando this weekend! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-07-2018, 11:06 PM
And I thank you......it will come in handy at my condo in Orlando this weekend! :)

With all your other sect. 8 goobers! ENJOY!

a25rjr
03-08-2018, 04:11 PM
With all your other sect. 8 goobers! ENJOY!

God bless those goobers....The company that manages those, pays me every Friday!

A big thank you to all you taxpayers......HUD tenants (and I), thank you!:)

Clayton_Wetter
03-08-2018, 06:15 PM
If you say water is wet they say its dry it makes them feel relevant by saying something different even though its not reality, not worth the minutes of your life to engage em...

You two go get a room!!!! hahahhaahaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
03-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Gawd..... SMH my oh My!

https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/mp/compositions/105038910/views/1,width=300,height=300,backgroundColor=E8E8E8,vers ion=1485256808/george-takei-oh-myyy-mp-t-shirts.jpg

a25rjr
03-08-2018, 06:52 PM
https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/mp/compositions/105038910/views/1,width=300,height=300,backgroundColor=E8E8E8,vers ion=1485256808/george-takei-oh-myyy-mp-t-shirts.jpg

SS's "partner"? :)

Mindwalker
03-08-2018, 07:55 PM
BACKWOODS... i'm a guessin' you was a good kid. It's a datgum shame u growed up to be a burden to society!

Clayton_Wetter
03-08-2018, 08:31 PM
BACKWOODS... i'm a guessin' you was a good kid. It's a datgum shame u growed up to be a burden to society!

Later that night
He drop on by
Told her all he wanna do
Was step up and say "Hi"
Half an hour later
She had frenched his fry

Mindwalker
03-09-2018, 12:49 AM
That car is not the same! Madden drove a longhorn for the past few yrs and knows them well.

Barry builds cars so you can figure out whatz some of the designs that are in that ihorn that madden drives for barry

https://youtu.be/gsC4kf6x_Q0