PDA

View Full Version : Just seen a Go Fund Me page to help Ricky Weiss join the Lucas Oil Tour. GOAL $200K.

HoosierDirtFan
03-20-2018, 10:13 PM
I just seen a Go Fund Me page on Facebook to help Rick Weiss join the Lucas Oil tour.
Link - https://www.gofundme.com/ricky-weisslucas-tour

Cardirt0
03-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Sorry but Go fund me should for people that need help from things that go wrong not this....

WisWildManFan
03-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Exactly, just another person wanting a handout. Hope ricky was actually behind this for how much grief he's going to get from it. They sure been hyping the hell out of him on DOD, I never been too impressed with him personally.

HoosierDirtFan
03-20-2018, 10:36 PM
Exactly, just another person wanting a handout. Hope ricky was actually behind this for how much grief he's going to get from it. They sure been hyping the hell out of him on DOD, I never been too impressed with him personally.

From what I understand and read Gerald Newton is behind it.

Cardirt0
03-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Looks like the cash is rolling in lol

Hoosier
03-20-2018, 11:50 PM
I just seen a Go Fund Me page on Facebook to help Rick Weiss join the Lucas Oil tour.
Link - https://www.gofundme.com/ricky-weisslucas-tour

Good luck. Worth a try.

Cardirt0
03-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Good luck. Worth a try.

Makes him look bad . It like a bad joke. try it once and dont ever do it agen...

Tireguy17
03-21-2018, 06:29 AM
171 people have shared it, but none of them or anyone else have donated lol

GEAR_HEAD
03-21-2018, 07:17 AM
He's using the Moyer Jr Jr philosophy...the fans should pay for their racing expenses for the privilege of watching them race.

Pennsboro23
03-21-2018, 07:27 AM
Bad way to go about it, don't think he's ready for Lucas anyway. He has improved a lot it seems, I would like to see him hit crown jewels and mostly regional stuff. I could see him running well with the UMP summer nationals as well.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 07:43 AM
Why do these guys think this is how it should work. What happened to working hard, running locally, and regionally, building a winning reputation and name for yourself. That attracts sponsors, people within the sport with money to back your program.
I remember when Bloomquist was young. He didn't run out and join the NDRA tour. He ran and dominated his local track (Kingsport) for a couple years, hitting the bigger regional shows, and running the NDRA and stuff like that when it was in his backyard. Then as he won, and got better equipment, won bigger races, attracted bigger sponsors then he went on Summernationals, then in 94, when he was 30 yrs old...he ran the HAT full time. And has been running and winning and at times dominating national tours. That's how you do it.
You don't beg for handouts, to try to race over your head
In Ray Cook's 3 series', I added it up, and you can pocket over 220K in wins. Not to mention point money and running consistent. That's what Ricky needs to do.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 07:45 AM
From what I understand and read Gerald Newton is behind it.

If Gerald Newton thinks the kid is ready for the Lucas Oil Series, why not sponsor him with his Arizona Sports Shirts brand, and give him the money he needs????

Josh Bayko
03-21-2018, 07:50 AM
He has zero Lucas points on the year. Why even bother?

If he wants to "step it up", just run all the big Lucas and WoO races, the Eldora biggies and whatever stuff he can around his region. If that all turns out well, then think about a national tour for next year.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Exactly Josh. I don't get it either. I mean he is leading the points in the Southern Nationals Bonus Series.
There are (5) 10k races, and (4) 5K+ to win races left!!!

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 07:57 AM
If he wants to race fairly close to the Bloomquist shop, I mean Ray Cook's stuff, and the SAS series is perfect for him.
Then like you said, hit the big races, and run all that 5-10 k regional stuff that he would have a better than average shot of winning. Gains experience, exposure, earns money.

Chris Thomason
03-21-2018, 07:59 AM
It's things like this that give us millennials a bad reputation with the other demographics of society. There are good, hard working, young folks out there

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 08:03 AM
I think stuff like this is the unintended consequences of the Dirt Million. Everybody is oohing and ahhing about that race, but all it does is validates guys looking for handouts. I mean if people will give handouts to watch a race purse grow, they'll give handouts to get a guy into a series he can't afford

Highside Hustler25
03-21-2018, 08:50 AM
Sorry but Go fund me should for people that need help from things that go wrong not this....
Exactly. If you can't fund your own racing team or find sponsors, find another hobby.

If Gerald Newton thinks the kid is ready for the Lucas Oil Series, why not sponsor him with his Arizona Sports Shirts brand, and give him the money he needs????

Their ya go.
Even tho I doubt Gerald is behind it. Why would he back Weiss and not someone else? Their are a lot of candidates out there that could use the backing.

Cardirt0
03-21-2018, 08:51 AM
The thing is today millennials some were raised Like my bros kids. Work hard and you will go I earned that..And some think You owe them just cause there here. Hard work cant be replaced...

BloomerHarvickFan
03-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Exactly. If you can't fund your own racing team or find sponsors, find another hobby.

Their ya go.
Even tho I doubt Gerald is behind it. Why would he back Weiss and not someone else? Their are a lot of candidates out there that could use the backing.

The GoFundMe page was started by Gerald Newton from Indianapolis, IN.
If you go to the page, it's right there. I'm not sure why he's involved, but it looks like he is.

Cardirt0
03-21-2018, 09:53 AM
The GoFundMe page was started by Gerald Newton from Indianapolis, IN.
If you go to the page, it's right there. I'm not sure why he's involved, but it looks like he is.

If the Guy that starts the page has Money makes it even worse...I mean I got money but i want to spend yours first. LOL

WisWildManFan
03-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Looks like it has been deleted...

chupp n bloomer fan
03-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Looks like it has been deleted...Good. Ridiculous. You can either afford it or you cannot.

I would donate to a good cause, not to any one person to run a race car for any reason. Except if they had terminal cancer or something and it was their last year.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-22-2018, 10:23 AM
You know what's funny? I think I just got kicked out at least one, maybe 2 Bloomquist Facebook fan groups, for disagreeing with this whole GoFundMe thing, and saying so.
No cussing, fighting, or anything crass or rude. Just stating an opinion and discussion on this.
The way some fans are, makes me not even want to be a Bloomquist fan sometimes.

UMPDream
03-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Why is everyone against what the guy is doing? Someone above mentioned "If they cant find sponsors, find another hobby". Hell, that's what the man is doing. Oh, so your saying that if a guy runs a stupid sticker on the car, that justifies a hand out as opposed to a team getting money from a go fund me page? LMAO. Everyone in Dirt wants a handout and you know what, if handouts didn't happen, we could cut the fields in half because of the expense. Trust me, there have been more ridiculous things found on Go Fund Me....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Good. Ridiculous. You can either afford it or you cannot.

I would donate to a good cause, not to any one person to run a race car for any reason. Except if they had terminal cancer or something and it was their last year.

^^^^ exactly ^^^^

MI Dirt Fan
03-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Good. Ridiculous. You can either afford it or you cannot.

I would donate to a good cause, not to any one person to run a race car for any reason. Except if they had terminal cancer or something and it was their last year.If you were doing good and had some money coming in consistently would you sponsor someone?

smoothoperator32
03-22-2018, 12:03 PM
i would imagine it violated gofundme terms and got shut down like it should have been

chupp n bloomer fan
03-22-2018, 12:14 PM
If you were doing good and had some money coming in consistently would you sponsor someone?Maybe. But I doubt it. I’d rather donate to St. Judes, a good veterans group, animals, something like that.

Cardirt0
03-22-2018, 12:16 PM
If you were doing good and had some money coming in consistently would you sponsor someone?

If i won Powerball i know 3 or 4 driver just piss in there pants over it...

BloomerHarvickFan
03-22-2018, 01:02 PM
The Clyde Torkel "Chicken Pit Special"

cjsracing
03-22-2018, 01:28 PM

Isn't any racer asking for sponsorship asking for a handout? This is just a different way to go about it.

Cardirt0
03-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Isn't any racer asking for sponsorship asking for a handout? This is just a different way to go about it.

No go fund me is for People that are sick or something bad happened to them and need Help.

dmr37
03-22-2018, 02:22 PM
No go fund me is for People that are sick or something bad happened to them and need Help.

Go fund me can be used for anything. People use it to get money to start a business, fund their training to get to the Olympics, or to market an invention in addition to helping the sick and needy

Bigdirtfan
03-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Im sure go fundme can be used for anything, but in my eyes and many others its best used to help a sick kid or adult that could really use the money. I have ripped on rusty schlenk many times for a fan of his putting together a go fundme, so more of the same from me now with ricky weiss. If you have enough money to race it is really lame to ask for donations. Same reason im not supporting the dirt million race. You want me to give you money to race and then pay to watch you race. Pretty amazing how many people dont have a problem with this. I will make sure i never buy a weiss shirt or support him in any way, keep begging for money from normal working people hope that works out for you.

Clayton_Wetter
03-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Got any proud supporters of the "handout mentality" on here???

jr29
03-22-2018, 04:29 PM

I don't understand the outrage either. All sponsorship money could have a better altruistic use.

Illtsate32
03-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Weiss better stay out of the Smooth Operators way this weekend or he will need a go fund me gage for a new car...

dmr37
03-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Im sure go fundme can be used for anything, but in my eyes and many others its best used to help a sick kid or adult that could really use the money. I have ripped on rusty schlenk many times for a fan of his putting together a go fundme, so more of the same from me now with ricky weiss. If you have enough money to race it is really lame to ask for donations. Same reason im not supporting the dirt million race. You want me to give you money to race and then pay to watch you race. Pretty amazing how many people dont have a problem with this. I will make sure i never buy a weiss shirt or support him in any way, keep begging for money from normal working people hope that works out for you.
How many guys have enough money to race on their own?

Kwd1253
03-22-2018, 04:52 PM
You know what's funny? I think I just got kicked out at least one, maybe 2 Bloomquist Facebook fan groups, for disagreeing with this whole GoFundMe thing, and saying so.
No cussing, fighting, or anything crass or rude. Just stating an opinion and discussion on this.
The way some fans are, makes me not even want to be a Bloomquist fan sometimes.

Well sounds like them two groups not even worth being in. Sounds like some liberal democracy would do.

That gofund looked shady as can be. Use someone else name to start your own gofund.

MI Dirt Fan
03-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Weiss better stay out of the Smooth Operators way this weekend or he will need a go fund me gage for a new car...

lol... Pierce hasn't shown anything that he can get out of his own way yet

Highside Hustler25
03-22-2018, 05:37 PM

Being you're a McBloomer fan, check this out...

Scott - 14th in Lucas points. 355 points behind.
Pierce- 15th in Lucas points. 365 points behind.

He's right there with the best in the sport so???

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-22-2018, 05:41 PM

This is true. Have they done any testing since fl?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-22-2018, 05:43 PM

He's right there with the best in the sport so???

Wheres JD at in points?

MI Dirt Fan
03-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Who's this Mcbloomer guy?

Highside Hustler25
03-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Wheres JD at in points?

350 points ahead of these guys ya dingleberry:)Can't you add and subtract???

Who's this Mcbloomer guy?

I'll give ya a hint...that fathead stuck on your wall:cool:

MI Dirt Fan
03-22-2018, 06:39 PM

He still thinks 2+2=5

I'm not that hardcore. In fact I don't even own any of his merchandise.

klemmabyna
03-22-2018, 06:58 PM
my biggest problem with most charity requests is that most of them had/have more resources than I ever will.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-22-2018, 07:51 PM

He's right there with the best in the sport so???Did I miss the part where anything was said about Bloomer running someone over? Pretty sure we are talking about the beef between Ricky and Bobby, which was Weiss’s fault more or less in my eyes. Then again, you can’t get off Bobby’s twig n berries, and have to protect his manhood like his Sis.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-22-2018, 07:53 PM

Im still tryn to figure out hooked on phonics🤔🤓

Barbecueboy
03-22-2018, 09:15 PM

Being out in front of someone is being out of someones way I guess.....

Should be some great racing , field is stacked.

zyoung25
03-22-2018, 09:19 PM
This is true. Have they done any testing since fl?

They went to Fayetteville a little bit before the atomic race was supposed to happen.

Scott Boesel
03-22-2018, 10:05 PM
A giant toter hauler a few Sweet Bloomquist cars and a few open motors and you think u need help running a series sorry but if u can afford all that s--t u can probably afford to run a tour sorry

GregA12
03-22-2018, 10:24 PM
my biggest problem with most charity requests is that most of them had/have more resources than I ever will.

Weiss has been very well funded by his dad since he started racing. Has torn up ALOT of stuff getting to the point where he’s at. Even though he’s still very aggressive, it looks like he’s cleaned it up some and definitely has the speed. With that said, he’s about the last guy I’d donate too knowing the backing he’s had from daddy and disrespect for others’ equipment he’s shown through the years.

Zonks32x
03-22-2018, 11:30 PM

They change the shocks on that DB ride yet...or they gonna continue to set up that xr1 to steer like a dump truck?

I doubt Bobby is too concerned or focused on what Weiss is doing.

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2018, 04:44 AM
Uh oh, someones got their panties bunched up. I was just playin with MI Dirt Fan, as I quoted his post. Not you. Heck, I even complimented your hero in my post but I see you're too biased to of noticed. Maybe go back and read it again. It was nothing but a factual comparison between the 2.

And you say twig and berries?Ha!!! Ever look in the mirror???:)

BloomerHarvickFan
03-23-2018, 05:41 AM
Well sounds like them two groups not even worth being in. Sounds like some liberal democracy would do.

That gofund looked shady as can be. Use someone else name to start your own gofund.

Yeah. I was in Scott Lasley's group, and got booted after a rather cordial discussion of the GoFundMe deal, with someone who agreed with me..(who also got booted). The other guy who got booted suggested a different group, so I joined, and hadn't even mentioned the Ricky Weiss deal, and was just kicked out, no explanation. Then I noticed that the admin's last name..."Newton"...and Gerald Newton was in the group too...so I fully expect that in the Bloomquist world Gerald Newton has a lot of clout.

BloomerHarvickFan
03-23-2018, 05:46 AM
A giant toter hauler a few Sweet Bloomquist cars and a few open motors and you think u need help running a series sorry but if u can afford all that s--t u can probably afford to run a tour sorry

And he's supposed to be working close with Bloomquist this year. If that's the case, why isn't Bloomquist and Randy Sweet supporting his team?
And since Mr. Arizona Sports Shirts Gerald Newton was the starter of the GoFundMe Account, why isn't he footing the bill for the amazing Mr. Weiss?
I'm about over that whole bunch. Scott has always been one of, if not the best driver out there, but seems to always associate with questionable folks. He's never been willing to pay a crew, hangs out with Sweet, and Gerald Newton now, who seemed to be trying to pull a fast one over on the fans with the GoFundMe deal.

Pennsboro23
03-23-2018, 06:58 AM
They change the shocks on that DB ride yet...or they gonna continue to set up that xr1 to steer like a dump truck?

I doubt Bobby is too concerned or focused on what Weiss is doing.

They got them changed.

Kwd1253
03-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Reading some are against go fund use to for racing but tell you the truth a racing go fund wouldn’t be bad thing. There are alot of small budget drivers that could use it make some events wwso, speedweeks, dream, two day event. They could be short of money to make deal happen for $1000-4000 for fuel, tires, ect. Could be good way for fans or pick up sponsors help a local/small budget team. Now not saying go fund someone a full National tour for 200k lol.

dmr37
03-23-2018, 07:49 AM
what about the Fans Fund at Cedar Lake?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-23-2018, 08:00 AM
Uh oh, someones got their panties bunched up. I was just playin with MI Dirt Fan, as I quoted his post. Not you. Heck, I even complimented your hero in my post but I see you're too biased to of noticed. Maybe go back and read it again. It was nothing but a factual comparison between the 2.

And you say twig and berries?Ha!!! Ever look in the mirror???:)Sure I do. I have been just as critical of Bloomers poorly ran team as I have of the Pierce antics. Both are self inflicted, but two different things. One, it’s a new team, they’ll get it. Just hopefully before there’s too much family drama. The other, shoots himself in the foot more than anyone. He needs a team manager who can be his time management babysitter.

But bringing them into every dam post gets ridiculous. Kinda like the ones infatuated with political BS. I know why you went at MI. He’s got a little T&B disease too. If you can’t see the times I’ve called out Bloomer fine, how many times you called out Pierce move or the family drama?

MI Dirt Fan
03-23-2018, 08:21 AM
I didn't take anything serious.

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2018, 12:53 PM
I didn't take anything serious.

Nor was it intended to be. Peace Bro:)

TackyTracker
03-23-2018, 01:39 PM
does 200k even come close to running Lucas??? I really doubt it and why would he want to anyway since they already have raced 4 or 5 pts events

Kwd1253
03-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Wheres JD at in points?

For everyone that gives you crap for being a jumper. Go look at all the jumpers in fantasy picks that have JD as their #1 pick lol. Ol phil Going have fun in the near future calling people out being jumpers lol.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-23-2018, 03:47 PM
For everyone that gives you crap for being a jumper. Go look at all the jumpers in fantasy picks that have JD as their #1 pick lol. Ol phil Going have fun in the near future calling people out being jumpers lol.

Its all good but at the end of the day where is the ORANGE SPOILER!

Mindwalker
03-23-2018, 04:32 PM
VOO!! DOO!! Hahahahahaha..............

Mindwalker
03-23-2018, 04:44 PM
Enjoy the limited days left with that orange spoiler. Pfffffffffffft

Cardirt0
03-23-2018, 04:51 PM

Thats run by them not a go me fund they ask for money from Fans.. not people on the steet.

jr29
03-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Thats run by them not a go me fund they ask for money from Fans.. not people on the steet.

One is asking you send money to one account, the other is asking for you to send money to a different account.
HUGE difference.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Enjoy the limited days left with that orange spoiler. Pfffffffffffft

Ahhhhhh life is so good! All shiny and ORANGE!

CATCH HIM IF YOU CAN!!!!

RW57
03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Wrong thing to do I agree it's for people in need I race out of my pocket no way I would ever this just a bad look.

Bubstr
03-24-2018, 12:21 PM
I am not sure what the rules or stipulations are for go fund me, but there are very few drivers over the years, that raced out of their own pocket alone. They all ask for money. Some call it sponsorship, but it comes as money. Buy a 20$ T shirt that is worth 10$. You have go funded that racer for 10$. As long as they don't tell a lie to make you buy, it's fair game.

Seems like anyone that uses the go fund me, has to be either very brazen or very desperate. Maybe both. But, if they need it they need it.

golddirt
03-24-2018, 02:42 PM
You heard it here first. Pierce finishes third in points

3 wide
03-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Well I put this in the same class as the guy wanting money for the dirt million there are a lot of people in this country that need help if I'm going to give money away I'm going to give to them not somebody that don't need it.

Highside Hustler25
03-26-2018, 04:14 AM
looks like somebody's got tough guy syndrome:D

WisWildManFan
03-26-2018, 08:26 AM
I'd like to follow the lucas tour as a fan I figure I'll only need ab 10k... Anyone want to help me out lol

Kwd1253
03-26-2018, 10:48 AM
I'd like to follow the lucas tour as a fan I figure I'll only need ab 10k... Anyone want to help me out lol

Oh you want to be the official Lucas Oil pit lizard hehe

dirty-white-boy
03-26-2018, 12:50 PM

Dont even get me going. Its the Cedar Lake equivalent of GoFundMe. Handing (basically miilionaires) money that dont 'need' it. If they can afford to put an $85,000 car into a $300,000 rolling hotel/shop then dont need 'handouts'. Pay your ticket cost and buy a shirt. Be happy that you local track does not charge $8 a beer or $4 bottled water. If you keep feeding into this mindset eventually the drivers will demand more and so with the tracks. If you keep feeding a stray cat eventually it becomes your pet and there are costs involved with that.

WisWildManFan
03-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Oh you want to be the official Lucas Oil pit lizard heheA lizard would be a good mascot for a racing series lol