PDA

View Full Version : Qc housing with

LIS20
03-26-2018, 06:40 PM
What is the housing width for an 09 rocket - the allstate catalogue indicates
62-62 1/4 inches -- what is considered correct and how is this measured -- what effects are there if the measurement is over the recommended length?? Thanks in advance

TheJet-09
03-27-2018, 09:59 AM
I don't have the answers for Rocket, but most rearends are at least talked about in terms of axle lengths. So you could have a 33/35 rearend (33" LR axle and a 35" RR axle), and it would be the same width as a 34/34 rearend (both axles are 34"). But in keeping the center section where it is supposed to be in the chassis, you could end up with clearance issues if using the wrong rearend, even though it would be the correct width. And on a chassis like mine (Mastersbilt), the birdcage locations are measured off the brake rotors, so improper length tubes would affect that.

I "think" Rocket uses/used a 36" RR axle, and maybe a 32" LR...but don't trust that. I just think that's what I've heard. And to maybe further answer your question, you'd almost be better off with a rearend that's a little narrow as you can always use a wheel spacer.

billetbirdcage
03-27-2018, 12:02 PM
36 RR and 32.5" LR is the actual size rocket sold.