PDA

View Full Version : Florence Speedway New Alcohol Policy

RTW
03-28-2018, 01:30 PM
For those planning on attending the Spring 50 at Florence Speedway. Alcohol will no longer be allowed to be carried in at any event. More information can be found on the Florence Speedway website.

In The Gas
03-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Although this really doesn't effect me cause I only go there about once a year but I hate it for the locals. Kings are just wanting to make additional $$$$ off beer sales.

Kromulous
03-28-2018, 04:32 PM
State Law, and Lawyers, don't lay this one on the Kings and Florence Speedway.

In The Gas
03-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Really... How many beer drinkers go to the track to buy beer? Retoracle question. I don't see too many people who prefer to buy high priced beer when they can get it just right down the road.
The law reads,
KRS 243.020(4) provides, “[a] licensee shall not permit any consumer to possess, give away, or drink alcoholic beverages on the licensed premises that are not purchased from the licensee.”
Now if they really didn't care or truly was apologetic for the inconvenience they would just give up the minimum sales they made and give up their license.

mskdorf
03-28-2018, 05:24 PM
I usually went there 3 times a year. Now will be down to one. Wasn’t it Texas Motor Speedway that quit selling when the same law went into effect down there?

Highside Hustler25
03-28-2018, 05:32 PM
I don't know of any racetrack that allows beer to be brought in. Their might be some out there that I don't know of. I don't blame any track for not allowing it. They need to make a profit and if alcohol sales help, so be it.

Try packing a 12 pack into Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field and let us know how far you get.

bleedblue55
03-28-2018, 05:35 PM
I like to have a couple beers whenever I'm at the track but have no problem with on site sales as long as the prices aren't overly inflated. Every year I deal with on site sales at East Bay, Bubba, Volusia, Atomic, Lernerville, Pittsburgh and Hagerstown. Go in early to save a seat then stay in the parking lot till the program begins. Not quite the bargain of buying a 12 pack for less than a dollar a can but no where close to going to see pro sports team play and getting soaked over $10 for a beer. I always found the track prices pretty much inline with what I'll pay at a local pub.

bleedblue55
03-28-2018, 05:38 PM
I don't know of any racetrack that allows beer to be brought in. Their might be some out there that I don't know of. I don't blame any track for not allowing it. They need to make a profit and if alcohol sales help, so be it.

Try packing a 12 pack into Busch Stadium or Wrigley Field and let us know how far you get.

Screven, Golden Isles, Tyler County, Port Royal to name a few

Late_Model_Mark
03-28-2018, 05:46 PM
HH 25, we allow beer to be brought in to Talladega, coolers are very welcome at TST as long as there is no glass. There are many tracks that allow you to bring in the suds.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Centeroff
03-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Just sneak in a couple balloons full of crown black and enjoy

Illtsate32
03-28-2018, 05:50 PM

Ya no kidding no tracks in Ill for sure..man thatd be sweet but I dont mind buying from the track..3.00 aluminum bottles at tri city 4.00 if its a lucas or special show...not great but could be worse...

zyoung25
03-28-2018, 05:56 PM
I understand having a couple beers at the track, but i dont see what the complaint is all about. Go to the vehicle and drink during down time. My dad has done for years at tracks in the area that doesn't allow the carry in of alcohol.

Im not a drinker, so this doesn't bother me one bit. It doesn't bother me to be around drinkers either before anyone gets all uptight.

Centeroff
03-28-2018, 06:31 PM
The town gets big taxes from alcohol sales. Just business

chupp n bloomer fan
03-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Although this really doesn't effect me cause I only go there about once a year but I hate it for the locals. Kings are just wanting to make additional $$$$ off beer sales.It’s the law, if a track sells alcohol, you cannot bring it in. Majority of the time I do not drink at the track. If I do, I’ll bite the bullet and pay few bucks for a beer or two. Doesn’t bother me at all. I’m there to watch a race anyway, not get hammered.

JCSullivan00
03-28-2018, 06:45 PM
Josh said on Facebook, that the price will remain the same at $2 per beer. They usually run some $1 nights as well. I don't see it as price gouging at all.

intel8
03-28-2018, 06:48 PM
It was $6 for 16oz. Beer at 2017 Joliet WOO Race. Tracks gotta make money and state wants their tax money.

Highside Hustler25
03-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Screven, Golden Isles, Tyler County, Port Royal to name a few

HH 25, we allow beer to be brought in to Talladega, coolers are very welcome at TST as long as there is no glass. There are many tracks that allow you to bring in the suds.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

That's great! All the power to them. Just curious. Do those tracks sell beer on sight as well?

MI Dirt Fan
03-28-2018, 07:27 PM
I've been to quite a few places that allow you to bring in your own beer still.

And like CnB said. Same thing with track food goes along with beer. I'm not there to eat or get hammered. I'm there to watch racing.

mcarter815
03-28-2018, 07:36 PM
It's unheard of to bring outside beer into a track here in Iowa.

TTS_JF
03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
I used to bring in a few beers at Florence, but generally always buy a couple at the track also. This won't deter me from going to florence

baker1b
03-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Beer was really reasonable at the N/S. The track is there to make money. If you can't afford beer don't drink.

bleedblue55
03-28-2018, 08:49 PM
That's great! All the power to them. Just curious. Do those tracks sell beer on sight as well?
No to on site sells for the ones I mentioned. I think most states prohibit carry in when an alcohol license is issued. At Pittsburgh they even have liquor sales as that is part of their licenses.

Jim11h
03-28-2018, 10:41 PM
$2/beer and folks bitch?? Wow, bar is normally more than that

turnleftandgasit
03-28-2018, 10:57 PM
FALS allows you to bring in outside beer. You have to put it in a cup. As a relative nondrinker it makes me no difference if they allow people to bring in their own.

Hoosier
03-28-2018, 11:06 PM
Rome, Dixie, and Senoia don't sell beer or allow alcohol in the stands. They do, however, allow beer in the trackside parking. I have seen people with beer in the stands at Dixie be ejected.

grt74
03-28-2018, 11:37 PM
i dont see a problem with a 4-5 dollar beer, after all its an event, that way maybe some won't drink so much, and if they do the track atleast gets paid to baby sit the fools

Krooser
03-29-2018, 12:54 AM
Beer sales kept me in business at every track I ran...but we drink a lot of beer in WI.

lb_sa
03-29-2018, 01:41 AM
Folks, Florence charges $2 per beer or 6 beers for $10. You can’t buy it in the store with ice for much less than that. If y’all can’t afford $10 for a 6 pack, ice and bag provided, you should probably stay at the house.

racincowboy02
03-29-2018, 01:47 AM
I don't understand what the problem is if they are selling them for 2 bucks a beer 6 for 10 whats the problem unless its not the beer you drink i guess thats the problem what beers do they sale at florence

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2018, 06:15 AM

Those last 2 places get plenty of tv revenue.

MI Dirt Fan
03-29-2018, 08:39 AM
I remember back when Eldora went to this. Everybody freaked out. Everybody got over it to and everyone still went.

zach51
03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
I remember back when Eldora went to this. Everybody freaked out. Everybody got over it to and everyone still went.

Glad you kept me from looking like an idiot, because I was about to say Eldora used to let you in a little 12-14" cooler as long as you didn't have glass, but I think the last time I went to the World was 2011. Texas Motor Speedway also used to let you as well but again its been since 2012 since I've been there so maybe that's changed too.

Chili Bowl has never let you, BUT there are easy ways around that. It's usually cold as hell so with a big fluffy coat you can get 6-8 beers in easily, then get to your seat and empty them out and use the coat as a seat cushion. OR what works best for me is just know a racer and give them a case to keep in their trailer for the week. Walk in the pits, go to their trailer, grab one, make sure they don't need ya for anything and move on. In all honesty, even at $5 a beer, 20 is only $100. $100 is still $100 but if you are on vacation for a week, its not that big of a deal for me, but maybe it is for some people. There was a time where it was, and it wasn't long ago.... I used to try to do it just to stick it to the Hahn's but after doing some research, the Hahn's don't get a dime of concession money on that deal from what I understand. The Expo Square and their employees run all of the concessions. I would imagine it was the same way for the Dome races.

zach51
03-29-2018, 09:48 AM
It's unheard of to bring outside beer into a track here in Iowa.

Yeah all the times I went to Knoxville they were pretty darn tight on stuff, but it was fine. Heck I think beers were like 3 bucks, not a big deal. I never stayed on the ground I always had to drive back to Des Moines or Pella so I made sure I never had no more than 2. Get one when I walked in, maybe go back down after heats and get one more, and that was it.

Illtsate32
03-29-2018, 10:49 AM
I don't understand what the problem is if they are selling them for 2 bucks a beer 6 for 10 whats the problem unless its not the beer you drink i guess thats the problem what beers do they sale at florence

Yes thats a good deal for an event..Tri City you pay full price for 6 and your bucket is 2.00 so its 26.00 for your first bucket..itd be nice if they could do a 6 for 20.00 or even 22.00 to make you feel like your getting some kind of a deal...

And Pevely Idk if Schrader had a spat with Anheuser or what but they only sold Coors for the longest time...

Josh Bayko
03-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Alcohol sales are a pretty lucrative revenue stream for tracks. In a business where the revenue at both gates is on the decline, alchohol is one way to keep tracks profitable.

jog49
03-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Heck, the patrons will just get more inventive and find ways to smuggle it into the stands.

Ne1butBLOOMER
03-29-2018, 12:00 PM
Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt Indiana allows you to bring in your own alcohol and also sells it at beer stands

Barbecueboy
03-29-2018, 01:27 PM
Mini bottles for the win.......

Mud Packer
03-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Paragon Speedway allows carry in alcohol but they don't sell it themselves. I believe Bloomington Speedway is the same and I know that Indianapolis Motor Speedway has allowed carry in alcohol in addition to selling it onsite.

lazyifoto
03-29-2018, 04:07 PM
If the track sells you a beer there is a better chance of them controling your level of intoxication vs you drinking all the beer you bring and you becoming a nuisance drunk....The Kings seem to be very fair on prices....even on the DoubleDirt burger.

MI Dirt Fan
03-29-2018, 04:28 PM
If the track sells you a beer there is a better chance of them controling your level of intoxication vs you drinking all the beer you bring and you becoming a nuisance drunk....
Just curious to know how they do that

lazyifoto
03-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Just curious to know how they do that

Because they can cut you off and not sell you anymore......But if your friends keep giving you beers and you hurt someone or yourself its on them..not the track.....
Hey its only beer.....

iamfor3
03-30-2018, 10:09 AM
Florence does a good job of keeping beer prices down. This will not bother me, at $2 a beer. Wish they would get PBR though.