PDA

View Full Version : Owner of New Team

racincowboy02
03-29-2018, 12:32 AM
Lets try and discuss without a bunch of bickering what you would do if you was to come into some money and start up a new dirt late model team. Lets hear who you would hire as your driver you can pick 3, who would you pick for crew chief for your driver(s), what chasis would you pick, what engine builder would you pick.

My list is

Madden
Davenport
Jeff Cooke

Id let the drivers bring who they trusted to crew chief

BWRC

Clements

PRCKartRacer9
03-29-2018, 06:56 AM
Devin Moran. Tyler Carpenter. Zach Dohm. Rocket Chassis. Durham engines.

PRCKartRacer9
03-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Wylie Moran for crew chief. ^^^^

nc mudcat
03-29-2018, 06:58 AM
Driver, Tyler Bare
Crew Chief, Booper Bare
Rocket Chassis
Whatever engine they say we need.

Josh Bayko
03-29-2018, 07:21 AM
Drivers

Tim Fuller
Brady Smith
John Blankenship

Crew Chief

Austin Hargrove

Chassis

Rocket XR1

Engine

Cornett Thunder

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2018, 07:21 AM
Engine: Draime
My own design chassis
Driver: Joey Kramer

profab00
03-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Ha, hit the like button! JoJo!

Jim11h
03-29-2018, 08:08 AM
Didn't Joey have shot with big money owner? Remember him in 77 LM years back at world.

Highside Hustler25
03-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Wes Steidinger

Rocket XR1

Durham

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2018, 08:21 AM
Didn't Joey have shot with big money owner? Remember him in 77 LM years back at world.

No one did much in those cars. Including Don O'Neal. Joey did make the World.

00Hdmn
03-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Engine- Clements
Drivers- Jacob and Jared Hawkins
Cars-Rockets or Bloomquist

Kwd1253
03-29-2018, 09:06 AM
If I had unlimited money with sponsors

Team drivers

Bloomquist
Josh Richards
JD

Crew chief/ Mark Richards
Engine Mechanic/ Tommy Hicks
Engineer/ Kevin Rumley
Operation Manger/ Joel Hedrick - only man that could keep this team ego working together lol.

Tireguy17
03-29-2018, 09:20 AM
I would hire my 3 favorite drivers:
Bloomquist
Babb
Pierce

All in Sweet-Bloomquist and Andy Durham Engines

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2018, 09:40 AM
I would hire my 3 favorite drivers:
Bloomquist
Babb
Pierce

All in Sweet-Bloomquist and Andy Durham EnginesBloomer n Pierce. Reminds me of the Earnhardt fans hating Hendrick and his drivers, and spewing crazy stuff, especially on here. No, I’m not saying Pierce fans are even remotely close, not even in the freakin ball park. Just in the sense that most can’t like or at least admire their talents. I think Pierce will definitely get better with DB, and Bloomer seems to be picking up steam.

And the epic karma I witnessed when Junior joined Hendrick, it was awesome. That one so called woman on here, Jenn something who was a Junior fan and hated Hendrick, ahh, it was great. Or the fact Earnhardt Sr. respected Hendrick too and woulda drove for him if not for his relationship with RCR.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Cannot edit my post, but ya know, no profanity, lol. And it is most definitely a two way street, Bloomer fans being just as bad towards Pierce. Needed to clarify that.

Pennsboro23
03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Derek Doll, Jared Hawkins, Tyler Carpenter, or Zack Dohm

XR1's
Andy Durham engines

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Veteran-Randle Chupp
Engine-Andy Durham
Chassis-Rocket XR1
Crew-John Watson helping him

Young guy-Either Jared Miley or Dave Hess Jr
Engine-Andy Durham or Cornett Ford or Chevy
Chassis-Rocket XR1 or Sweet-Bloomquist

Mindwalker
03-29-2018, 09:55 AM
B Shepp

Sweet Bloomquist

Bloomer as chief

😉

zach51
03-29-2018, 09:56 AM
He said SOME money not unlimited money lol. I may go with a guy we haven't heard from much to drive for a while and see how it goes. Rodney Sanders. He seems like he has a lot of potential and has had some great runs in not many races, usually a factor when he shows.

I'd buy a used rig, one nice brand new Rocket car and brand new Cornett engine, then probably buy a nice used car and fresh used engine of the same to keep as a backup car just to start with.

Run some regional races, there are some stout regional cars in Arkansa/Missouri/Illinios/Mississippi and see how it goes if everyone gets along and is running good at that level before we take the plunge to buy more equipment and go flirt with the national series.

The only thing worse than running bad is running bad and still being 15-20 hour drive from home.

bleedblue55
03-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Drivers: Jared and or Jacob Hawkins, Zack Dohm, Tyler Carpenter

Chassis: Rocket

Engine: Durham

Centeroff
03-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Ricky Weiss

rickybrown1952
03-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Drivers :Rusty Griffaw Gordy gundaker

Chris Thomason
03-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Ricky Weiss

Better than a Go Fund me....

I'd hire Jason Welshan with Longhorns and Madden's crew. Then id race everywhere John Ownby does.

JustAddDirt
03-29-2018, 12:06 PM

That team did not have big money. Far from it. At least in 2003 when I drove car.
They were a weekend warrior team.
I set track records at Voluisa Speedweeks in a 4 year old wide rail rocket. then made North South in a used Rocket. Which got wrecked pretty bad there in N/S feature. team was out of money. My father bought a new chassis and old components were bolted to it. First time out was at World 100. made that show 1st try, in a new car. that same car also made the DTWC in 2003 as well.

team owners were tobacco and cattle farmers.
in 2004 a second car was added partially funded by Steve Cayton of Central Painting in Ky.
John Gill was named as driver.
both teams raced 1 Friday night at Barren Co speedway.
Bluegrass speedway was rented for testing for gill because he complained about carbs and motors.
(something I complained about from the start) But since John Gill said it, it was golden.
I was let go the following week, and John Gill became their new driver.
Then it was, Jimmy Owens, then Don O'Neil
they did buy a toter home and stacker sometime along the way. But ran out of money I believe.

Went back to mods in 2004 and have had a great time there as a family operated team.

JimmyOinthe20fan
03-29-2018, 12:07 PM
I would hire: Hudson O'Neil, with Bloomquist Chassis, and if he wouldn't sell me the cars we needed, then Longhorn, he made the mistake once so he might not make it again, Chris Fox would come out of retirement and run the team on a daily basis. Motors would be Andy Durham or Jack Cornett Fords. I feel like Championships would be won within five years or less!!

Kwd1253
03-29-2018, 12:13 PM
He said SOME money not unlimited money lol. I may go with a guy we haven't heard from much to drive for a while and see how it goes. Rodney Sanders. He seems like he has a lot of potential and has had some great runs in not many races, usually a factor when he shows.

I'd buy a used rig, one nice brand new Rocket car and brand new Cornett engine, then probably buy a nice used car and fresh used engine of the same to keep as a backup car just to start with.

Run some regional races, there are some stout regional cars in Arkansa/Missouri/Illinios/Mississippi and see how it goes if everyone gets along and is running good at that level before we take the plunge to buy more equipment and go flirt with the national series.

The only thing worse than running bad is running bad and still being 15-20 hour drive from home.

Well I believe his some money real equals to lot, lot, lot of money. When you say "Madden,Davenport,Jeff Cooke let the drivers bring who they trusted to crew chief" you going need more than some money lol.

smoothoperator32
03-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Driver

Bob Pierce

Crew Chief

Bobby Pierce

Chassis

Rocket XR1

Engine

Pro Power

zyoung25
03-29-2018, 02:20 PM
That team did not have big money. Far from it. At least in 2003 when I drove car.
They were a weekend warrior team.
I set track records at Voluisa Speedweeks in a 4 year old wide rail rocket. then made North South in a used Rocket. Which got wrecked pretty bad there in N/S feature. team was out of money. My father bought a new chassis and old components were bolted to it. First time out was at World 100. made that show 1st try, in a new car. that same car also made the DTWC in 2003 as well.

team owners were tobacco and cattle farmers.
in 2004 a second car was added partially funded by Steve Cayton of Central Painting in Ky.
John Gill was named as driver.
both teams raced 1 Friday night at Barren Co speedway.
Bluegrass speedway was rented for testing for gill because he complained about carbs and motors.
(something I complained about from the start) But since John Gill said it, it was golden.
I was let go the following week, and John Gill became their new driver.
Then it was, Jimmy Owens, then Don O'Neil
they did buy a toter home and stacker sometime along the way. But ran out of money I believe.

Went back to mods in 2004 and have had a great time there as a family operated team.

I've been seeing pics if a Larry Harrod that is hooked up with Madden.....so bunch of people you drove for?

Illtsate32
03-29-2018, 02:40 PM
Driver
Sheldon Haudenschild

Chassis
Longhorn by Weaver or Pierce Platinum

JustAddDirt
03-29-2018, 02:41 PM
I've been seeing pics if a Larry Harrod that is hooked up with Madden.....so bunch of people you drove for?

no. not the same bunch of Harrod's

Lennylinda
03-29-2018, 04:10 PM
I have played this game before.
I would pick a senior driver. If Steve Francis was still driving, he would be my first pick. Maybe Rick Eckert. Then I would have them pick a new young driver to mentor. Chassis and engine would be their choice. Would not pick their chassis or engine, since then you could not told them responsible for the results.

lazyifoto
03-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Joey drove the Harrods Farms car. For a season or 2

fastford
03-29-2018, 04:17 PM
drivers : my three kids everything else : ME

No_Weak_Links
03-29-2018, 05:22 PM
Give me an unlimited budget with Birky behind the wheel of a Clements powered, Bloomquist car.

Hoosier_Dirt
03-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Xr1 chassis
Michael Chilton, Tanner English, or Jesse Stovall the driver
Cornett engines
Crew chief of the driver's choice

Hoosier_Dirt
03-29-2018, 07:52 PM
Joey drove the Harrods Farms car. For a season or 2

Didn't Jerry Rice drive for Harrods too?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Joey drove the Harrods Farms car. For a season or 2Yeah. He has been talking about it.

gumby_32d
03-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Ryan unzicker, brent McKinnon, Dan jacober, Darren Miller. Sweet bloomquist or Swartz powered by Durham Ford's. And for myself a rocket by ruhlman xr1 modified with Oakley ford power

zyoung25
03-29-2018, 08:51 PM
no. not the same bunch of Harrod's

I wondered. Glad you could make out what I was getting at in the post. Spell check made me look like a illiterate dummy.

racincowboy02
03-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Driver
Sheldon Haudenschild

Chassis
Longhorn by Weaver or Pierce Platinum

Ok a sprint car driver really interested in why not bashing just very curious as to why him

jog49
03-30-2018, 11:11 AM
Somebody mentioned Jeff Cooke. Does he even race anymore? As an upstart, I would take a hard look at Jack Pennington's boy. He seems to be making some noise lately and might have some of what Jack once had.

racincowboy02
03-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Come on guys don’t get hung up on the money part pick your drivers and stuff this is interesting

racincowboy02
03-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Somebody mentioned Jeff Cooke. Does he even race anymore? As an upstart, I would take a hard look at Jack Pennington's boy. He seems to be making some noise lately and might have some of what Jack once had.

Yea he races in the crate late model division at Cherokee speedway he is a great driver that never really got a shot at the national tour

grumfan
03-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Driver: Chris Meadows
Crew Chief: Joe Meadows
Chassis: Xr1
Motor: Durham

Swampy121
03-30-2018, 02:28 PM
B Shepp

Sweet Bloomquist

Bloomer as chief

If they could get along that would be a hard to beat team.

I'll do you one better:

Drivers: Devin Moran, Tyler Carpenter, Ricky Weiss
Crew Chief: Bloomer
Setup: Sweet-Bloomer chassis with Durhams

Might take a year to get rolling good.

Krooser
03-30-2018, 02:55 PM
AJ Foyt behind the wheel.

Nothing else would matter.

Mindwalker
03-30-2018, 03:15 PM
If they could get along that would be a hard to beat team.

I'll do you one better:

Drivers: Devin Moran, Tyler Carpenter, Ricky Weiss
Crew Chief: Bloomer
Setup: Sweet-Bloomer chassis with Durhams

Might take a year to get rolling good.

Has anyone ever gotten along with Bloomers? 😀

TCmod
04-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Driver - Ricky Thornton Jr
Crew Chief - Ronny Crooks
Car - Longhorn or Home Built Car
Engine - Clements

Illtsate32
04-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Ok a sprint car driver really interested in why not bashing just very curious as to why him

For no other reason than I like him and I think hes a hard charger like Pierce so a Weaver Longhorn or Platinum would suit his style...not that he would need or want to drive a late model hes doing fine where hes at...

Barbecueboy
04-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Driver: Chris Meadows
Crew Chief: Joe Meadows
Chassis: Xr1
Motor: Durham

Love those guys........wish I could see them race more.....lots of talent to pick from in West Virginia.

racincowboy02
04-03-2018, 02:33 AM
For no other reason than I like him and I think hes a hard charger like Pierce so a Weaver Longhorn or Platinum would suit his style...not that he would need or want to drive a late model hes doing fine where hes at...

I gotcha yea he is definitely a wheelman and hard charger for sure. Makes sense and i bet if you gave him a day just to get used to the car man he would be dangerous

Centeroff
04-03-2018, 05:27 AM
Several people know the name Chris meadows. Can't beat Joe either. Good Ole boys that can wheel the chit out of 1

71PRPFan
04-03-2018, 06:04 AM
I’d putt Boggs Fouts and Zack Dohm on tour

oaks17
04-03-2018, 12:30 PM
I'd put my money into the Blue Rocket House car and ride around the country in Big Blue.

Bob Hubbard
04-03-2018, 01:52 PM
danica patrick in a sweet chassis / Tony stewart crew chief ....

TackyTracker
04-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Dennis Erb Jr

whoever he wanted for crew chief
also his choice for engine..

I'd get him a crew and go racing

Centeroff
04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Jeffrey Earnhardt in a brand new 1987 Bullet leaf spring

1forthe$
04-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Drivers:
-Birky
-Overton
-Marlar

Bloomquist Chassis with Andy Durham Ford Motors.

Tommy Hicks as My motor Man,
Ol Bloomer as my crew/car chief.. as well as senior man in
R&D

racincowboy02
04-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Thats a pretty good combination right there love the drivers the chassis would be very good and the motor man not to shabby and the hicks and bloomer combination as motor man and chief would be bad ass for sure and plus if something happens to a driver and he gets hurt God forbid you have a backup driver in bloomquist not that i would consider him a back up by anymeans