PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out to Steve Francis

TheJet-09
03-31-2018, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to point out what a great job I felt Steve did with Tech during night one of the Thaw Brawl at LaSalle (an MLRA event). With as cold as it was, one could easily "sluff off" their responsibilities, but they didn't (even checking cars while waiting in line to qualify).

But what really stuck with me was how Steve was teaching the younger guys working for the series during the post race tech of the top three. He was giving them a hands on lesson to what he's looking for and what can and cannot be run (he was looking at LR suspensions). You could easily see his passion for racing, and more importantly fair play, has carried over into his new position.

So Great Job to Steve and his crew!

fryefan
03-31-2018, 01:01 PM
Steve is doing a great job. The sport needs more good tech guys like him.

golddirt
03-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Hey Sambo, you should read this!! Driggers that is.

dirty bert
03-31-2018, 07:51 PM
The colonel is a class act, can't think of nobody better for that job.

Centeroff
03-31-2018, 08:11 PM
ID be willing to bet that Steve shows no favoritism. Doesnt strike me as that type of man. Good to see someone that takes their job seriously. If he can only get the noses and decks/second spoilers under control i think we will see better racing

Krooser
04-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Sounds like he's the man for the job...

kidrock
04-01-2018, 05:09 PM
One thing he has going for him is he is respected in the sport. Steve has been around long enough to know what to look for, the so called gray area and then determine if one has crossed the line and get them to fix it.

drunkinashortbus
04-01-2018, 05:13 PM
where were you last night jet? Did you guys break fri night?

TheJet-09
04-02-2018, 08:56 PM
^^^ In the B-main (Fri), the fan blade broke, which went through the bottom of the fan shroud, cutting one of the P/S hoses on the R&P. The neat thing is that the fluid squirting out must have been sucked back up by the rest of the fan, and literally coated the entire engine compartment. The top of the air cleaner is even soaked!

Long story short, I just couldn't muster up the energy to stand out in the wind/cold temps with a power washer Sat morning, attempting to clean the mess before even fixing the fan/line. I was up until 2:30 am Thurs night grooving tires and I think that just wiped me out. All excuses, but the reality is I just don't move as fast as I used to and in turn, don't get as much done in the same amount of time. 20 years ago, I would have had it fixed that same night.

But because I stayed home with the kids, Momma got to go visit some longtime friends who she doesn't see very often as they have moved away. So the trade off was worth it, at least for her. There's a pretty big part of me that now wishes I had made it back down though. I consider LaSalle my home track, and Friday's program was some of the most fun I have had racing in a long time.

And on a side note, based on pics I saw I think Peoria only had 4 SLM's Sat night and Clarksville (TN) only had 3. Nothing to do with LaSalle, but I believe the writing is on the wall. A few years from now we might only be left with the "remember when?" stories. All the more reason I should have made the effort.