PDA

View Full Version : Imca boone supernationals?

latemodelman
04-01-2018, 09:00 PM
I know this is a late model forum but has anyone spent a week in Boone Iowa for the IMCA Supernationals? I was wanting to go I saw that they got last year 33 Super lates, 230 modifieds, 141 northern sport modifieds, 182 street stocks, 144 Hobby Stocks, 84 compacts. I know they race from Saturday to Saturday. Has anyone ever been they say they get 800 to 900 racecars.

tb1545
04-01-2018, 09:27 PM
It's one looooonnnngggg party. Extremely thorough pre and post race tech (like getting dqed for imca approved wheel sticker falling off your rim kind of crazy) And it's not all 800 cars each night. It's something like (this likely isn't exact)
Monday: complete late model show, sport mod, hobby
Tuesday: sport mod, hobby, compact complete show
Wednesday-Friday: mod, stocks
Sat: mod and stock alphabet soup and a mains for mod, sport mod, stocks, hobby
Winners get their engines taKen and auctioned off and that money gets dispersed to the rest of the field. Only in last few years has winners now recieved new replacement engines by Karl chevrolet.
It's a bucket list type event for fans and drivers. The payout is horrible (contengencies have gotten a lot better to help make up for some of it) and none of those 800 drivers are at that event for any other reason than prestige and bragging rights. Really is great to see mostly weekend warriors battle that hard at that event

Drpepsi
04-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Been there a few times as I grew up in the area. Been several years ago. It's Tuesday thru Saturday if I am not mistaken. And you will see a lot of racing. One heat is done and the next one pulling on to the track. They have raced to 2 a.m. several times during the week. They "farm" the track every so many races with 8 John Deere farm tractors to keep the surface smooth. Racers from far away as California to several spots from Canada. I always felt I got more than my money's worth.

mcarter815
04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
To be clear, it’s IMCA late models, not supers.

93Nelson
04-01-2018, 10:00 PM
They race Monday to Saturday. Last year they had 700-800 cars. 2016 had over 900 but that was with the southern sport mods there and I don't think they will be back.

The lates race 1 night and a they can be the race of the week.

Obviously you get your money's worth of racing that week. Drivers from all over show up to race. They don't waste time farming the track so there's not a whole lot of down time.

The worst part is if it rains. They'll race into the morning if they have too. Last couple of years have been a pain.

latemodelman
04-02-2018, 04:58 AM
Thanks. I always wanted to go. They have the Prelude on Saturday and I guess the past 3 years have gotten 270 to 290 cars for it. Then they kick off with practice on Sunday and racing on Monday now. I know Jay Johnson hit the late model portion before he came to the World 100 when they ran late models on Monday now they run them Thursday and Kyle Strickler has won the Nationals in a modified.

J20in1st
04-02-2018, 05:08 AM
Kyle who?

Prelude to the Nats is a good night of racing. Sunday is for visiting family in the area then its back at racing monday-saturday. I've been standing on the catwalk well in to the night. 4am on a few occasions. 12 hours of racing isnt unheard of in a day.

cjsracing
04-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Thanks. I always wanted to go. They have the Prelude on Saturday and I guess the past 3 years have gotten 270 to 290 cars for it. Then they kick off with practice on Sunday and racing on Monday now. I know Jay Johnson hit the late model portion before he came to the World 100 when they ran late models on Monday now they run them Thursday and Kyle Strickler has won the Nationals in a modified.

Late Models are back to Monday this year, just an FYI.

latemodelman
04-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys I don't post much but I just wanted info. I normally go to Eldora 5 times a year and Waynesfield 2 times since I live in Troy, Ohio. Just wanted to take my boy in 6 or 7 years when he is 10.