PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hiett-One Awesome Performance at TST!!!

Late_Model_Mark
04-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Last Saturday night I had the pleasure to witness and announce one incredible performance by Jason Hiett at Talladega Short Track's opening night.

Let me set the stage for this rare night.

It was opening night for the 2018 season at Alabama's Talladega Short Track. The weather was great, we had cool and "dry" air which produces excellent power. The track preparation was stellar, the track was smooth as a billiard table, was tacky, yet racy and dust free. We had a full "blue moon" so everything had lined up right.

In hot laps, Jason Hiett out of Oxford just blistered the track like I had never seen at TST in my 12 years of going. It was remarkably noticeable the speed.

Now mind you the track record has been held for 5 years by Brett Holmes at a super quick 12.93. That is gettin' around TST in a hurry. Jason did 3 hot laps that lit the place up and created a huge buzz in the pits.

Lap# 1 12.21!!!
Lap#2 12.22!!!
Lap#3 12.24!!!

All the other LM classes were below their respective track records as well.

With the sun going down, the track was just killer, yet wide. Jason comes out for his 2 qualifying laps. Lap# 1 was a record busting 12.54 with the slightest burp of the throttle only in turn 3. Lap #2 had Jason never lifting, a first at TST for me, and lowering the track record to a astounding 12.42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The speed was really jaw dropping, even for me who has gone to the races since 1964.

Then in the feature he worked over the field to sweep the program, winning hot laps, timing first and shattering the record, and leading all 30 laps in the main.

It was that awesome,that special,and that fast. I am glad I got to see it, hear it, and the privilege to announce it. That record may never be broken again. It was a magical performance. Late Models kick A$$ baby!!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Late_Model_Mark
04-03-2018, 06:29 PM
The pace and speed Jason blew thru the corners was flat epic, it was that good.

Late Model Mark
TST Racecaller

Krooser
04-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Thought you were talking about the tax people Jackson-Hewitt!!!

Hoosier
04-03-2018, 11:27 PM
L That record may never be broken again.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Just wait 'til the big boys get there.