PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Eldora Late Model Rules?

TheJet-09
04-10-2018, 06:03 PM
If I understand what I have read, you can now groove/sipe all tires, and DO NOT necessarily need a 39.2 seat (just full containment)? I was looking to confirm if that is others understanding of this years rules (I know it looks pretty straight forward, I just hadn't heard of the "lift" on certain restrictions).

But in looking at the rules, I got a good laugh out of the tire rules, more specifically what you CAN DO to them:

Question: What is the Late Model tire rule at Eldora in 2018?

Answer: The Hoosier LM 20 is required on the Left Front (LF), Right Front (RF) and Left Rear (LR) positions.
The LM 20 or Hoosier LM 40 tire is permitted on the Right Rear (RR) position. Tires may be balanced,
buffed, cajoled, caressed, cut, encouraged, grooved, handled, inflated, massaged, mounted, needled,
pinned, raced, sanded, siped, etc. Tire rule, including alteration of factory compound as manufactured,
will be enforced according to DIRTcar rulebook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever wrote that has a pretty good sense of humor, maybe with a bit of sarcasm. You can caress them? Encourage them? And even inflate them? Good stuff!

Kromulous
04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Wondering about the seat too, we were hoping to run up there some and don’t have it yet.

Tires, funny stuff there.

TheJet-09
04-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Here's the link for their safety rules:

http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/forms/18-minimum-safety-standards.pdf

Here's the section from that covering seats:

Question: Do I have to buy a new seat to race at Eldora?

Answer: Not necessarily – All of the sanctioning bodies which race at Eldora require full containment
seats. If you do not have a “full containment” or have one of the older versions, you should consult with
your seat manufacturer and safety supplier to see what up-fit kit(s) are available for your existing full
containment seat. In some cases, your seat’s energy absorbing foam may need an upgrade to SFI 45.2
foam or cage-mounted SFI 37.1 certified net(s) may provide the head surround you need. The SFI 39.2
full containment seat will be required by the majority of sanctioning bodies in 2019.
The use of a SFI 39.2 certified seat is recommended

TheJet-09
04-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Sorry, but in wanting to understand their tire rule, I had to look this up, too:

Definition of cajole
[cajoled; cajoling]

transitive verb

1 a : to persuade with flattery or gentle urging especially in the face of reluctance : coax (had to cajole them into going)
b : to obtain from someone by gentle persuasion (cajoled money from his parents)
2 : to deceive with soothing words or false promises (cajoled himself with thoughts of escape)

Kromulous
04-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Well that's good, we wont have to buy the seat till next year then. The fire bottle and fuel cell were enough this year.

We still need the metal intrusion plate, we have been running an aluminum one. That's not a big deal.

Maybe we will see you up there this year.