PDA

View Full Version : Dale McDowell Bags Scott Sexton Memorial Win at The Gap

Ben Shelton
04-16-2018, 12:14 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 16, 2018

Dale McDowell Bags Scott Sexton Memorial Win at The Gap
Georgia Racer Pockets Third $10,000 Win of the Season

Mooresburg, Tennessee (04/16/18) – Dale McDowell continued his hot start to the season on Saturday night. The veteran racer piloted the Shane McDowell Racing #17m Will Kinzer Foundation/ Sweet-Bloomquist Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $10,052 victory in the annual Scott Sexton Memorial.

Following a late-race caution McDowell overtook race leader, Donald McIntosh on his way to scoring the coveted win at Volunteer Speedway.

“I think (the caution) kinda bit (McIntosh) a little bit,” said McDowell. “My car was better when it was slick earlier. And it got a little streak to it there and Donald got tight, so that allowed me to get under him down the back straightaway and kinda go in there and slide in front of him. I’m not real good at those slide jobs, but anyway, it worked for us tonight.”

McDowell was quick to dedicate the win to the memory of his late friend.

“It just wouldn’t be fitting without dedicating this race to Scott Sexton,” McDowell said. “He and I raced a lot here. Most of the time he kicked my tail. You know I thought about him tonight when the groove was around the top qualifying because that’s where he always liked to run. We miss him.”

On Saturday night Dale McDowell returned to action with the Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series at Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee) as he took part in the annual Scott Sexton Memorial.

With 26 Super Late Models registered, McDowell recorded the fifth-fastest time in his qualifying group before placing third in his heat race.

Earning the 10th-starting position for the A-Main, Dale worked his way into the Top-5 in the opening 10 circuits and successfully broke into a podium spot by lap-30. Overtaking race-leader Donald McIntosh on lap-44, McDowell held the 22-car field at bay for the final eight laps to pick up his second-straight victory and third overall on the season.

Pocketing a $10,052 payday, Dale topped McIntosh, Jimmy Owens, Casey Roberts, and Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) at the line.

Full results from this event are available at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .
Shane McDowell Racing will turn their attention to a pair of $4,000-to-win Ultimate Super Late Model Series events for the upcoming weekend. Action kicks off at Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) on Saturday night and will conclude on Sunday evening at Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia).

For more information on the events, please visit www.UltimateSupers.com .

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including Textron Off Road, Kinzer Drilling, Quality Natural Gas, New Era Industrial, C&S Transportation, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Will Kinzer Foundation, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Penske Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, TWM, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, DMI Racing Products, Jones Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, Art’s Radiator & Welding, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dyers Top Rods, QuickCar, PEM Racing, Walker Filterations, DeCal Design, Mark IV ATV's, Winters Rearends, QuarterMaster, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com .