PDA

View Full Version : Crane distributor problems

dirttrack87
04-18-2018, 08:18 AM
Have a 1510 crane (FAST) distributor. Takes 3 wires two are your normal purple green to msd box. Red goes to 12v ignition switch. Problem is I keep blowing the distributor circuit board. It will run then quit. Everything wired correctly, has anyone had this problem? Does the engine need to be grounded to frame?

CoastieMod
04-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Yes the engine must be grounded to the frame. I had problems burning up temp gauges by having a loose motor mount. Check all of your mounts and make sure they are clean.

SRXSRULE
04-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Have a 1510 crane (FAST) distributor. Takes 3 wires two are your normal purple green to msd box. Red goes to 12v ignition switch. Problem is I keep blowing the distributor circuit board. It will run then quit. Everything wired correctly, has anyone had this problem? Does the engine need to be grounded to frame?

YES, run a ground strap from the engine to the chassis. If you run an alternator also run a ground from the alt case to the chassis. Voltage regulator and ignition modules will not survive with poor grounds.