PDA

View Full Version : JD discussing Chassis Calls

#FALSuperman
04-24-2018, 09:49 AM
https://racingnews.co/2018/04/24/jonathan-davenport-discusses-chassis-calls-between-driver-and-crew/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Illtsate32
04-24-2018, 12:23 PM
Kind of what I thought, unless Bloomer or Moyer its loose or tight, hooked up not hooked up, didnt hear anything about I cant be agressive or not agressive on throttle cause torque curve on motor is too great or not lol...

#FALSuperman
04-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Kind of what I thought, unless Bloomer or Moyer its loose or tight, hooked up not hooked up, didnt hear anything about I cant be agressive or not agressive on throttle cause torque curve on motor is too great or not lol...Yea, exactly. He pretty much has final say and Veto power as well. I think JD knows more than some people realize. He's a smart guy. I know some would like to believe he just slides into the seat and drives the "dang gum" thing around the track. Lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Yea, exactly. He pretty much has final say and Veto power as well. I think JD knows more than some people realize. He's a smart guy. I know some would like to believe he just slides into the seat and drives the "dang gum" thing around the track. Lol

Ask mindwalker he know!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Kind of what I thought, unless Bloomer or Moyer its loose or tight, hooked up not hooked up, didnt hear anything about I cant be agressive or not agressive on throttle cause torque curve on motor is too great or not lol...

Best funded team in the country would not deal with a bad engine. I feel like JD might have oversold himself a bit there. Lol.

hucktyson
04-25-2018, 06:39 AM
Why can’t the people interviewing ever ask him about being coked and boozed our of his mind and running over the homeless guy ??? You would hope after spending several years with rumley that he has a pretty good idea of what to do ... If not he’s a moron

chupp n bloomer fan
04-25-2018, 07:38 AM
Cannot quote you, but you serious on the first part? Never mind, you are. Can of worms opened.

Barbecueboy
04-25-2018, 07:50 AM
Does anyone else see the irony of huckleberry calling someone else a moron?

super_latemodel_fan
04-25-2018, 09:17 AM
They don't call him the Blairsville Assassin for nothing !

Giterdunn
04-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Wow,,,,, Huck... Thanks for reminding everyone that life still has its sucky times... Didn't want to get too high on our horse thinking life can be good and all.. Since you have clouded up and rained on the parade, let me throw out this:

The kid (DJ at the time that happened) and the "homeless man" that you referenced were both at fault in that ACIDENT... The "homeless man" was riding a bicycle HOME (on the highway) after working the late shift at a restaurant in town and got hit 2-3 miles outside of town. I think anyone that knows the facts of the story would say some poor decisions were made, but I'd say if the State of Georgia, Union County Sheriff's Department and the DA's Office didn't send him up the river for it, maybe we could do the same. I'm sure if he could change what happened, he would..

Lets focus on the positive in our sport and stop committing libel on the guys we don't like. Just a thought...

Barbecueboy
04-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Huck ...........pffffffft.

His memory of the facts clouded and jaded, his choice in crew members and supporters very village people like though.

Serge picked him a good one to cuddle

dirtcrazy4u
04-26-2018, 06:28 AM
I still don't get how Durham is the crew chief and Rumley just sits back and let's things roll. That mad scientists comment is so very true. But, is Rumley giving away all his secrets to Durham openly ? Or as crew chief, does he have to run them by Durham before he puts his hands on the car ? I do not know the personalities of the 3 guys in question, I could see it being a problem down the road. And, if the deal at BWRC was a stake in the company why could JD not get all these players aligned ? Huck, you like to stir that pot don't ya.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-26-2018, 06:35 AM
I still don't get how Durham is the crew chief and Rumley just sits back and let's things roll. That mad scientists comment is so very true. But, is Rumley giving away all his secrets to Durham openly ? Or as crew chief, does he have to run them by Durham before he puts his hands on the car ? I do not know the personalities of the 3 guys in question, I could see it being a problem down the road. And, if the deal at BWRC was a stake in the company why could JD not get all these players aligned ? Huck, you like to stir that pot don't ya.

Its just titles. It means Rumley don't have to get his hands dirty during the work week.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-26-2018, 07:05 AM
Its just titles. It means Rumley don't have to get his hands dirty during the work week.

Only if he wesrs gloves

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-26-2018, 07:32 AM
Only if he wesrs gloves

How does he like Arkansas?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-26-2018, 09:10 AM
How does he like Arkansas?

That car goes thru nc before it get to arkansas and keven has been under that car at the track numerous times. If you only knew!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-26-2018, 09:13 AM
That car goes thru nc before it get to arkansas and keven has been under that car at the track numerous times. If you only knew!

I never said he didn't get under the car at the track. I have seen him under there firsthand.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-26-2018, 10:20 AM
People think he just uses his mind to make these cars go. Those cars come from longhorn in trinity nc to rumley in nc or he goes to longhorn while building them. Then they get fine tuned by rumley before they go test then they go to arkansas. Rumley has also went to arkansas too.

a25rjr
04-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Huck ...........pffffffft.

His memory of the facts clouded and jaded, his choice in crew members and supporters very village people like though.

Serge picked him a good one to cuddle

He did outrun Bloomer last year.....once! :)