PDA

View Full Version : Schlenk & CJ1 off WoO

jensenracing18
04-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Rusty, team, and key marketing partners have made the decision to pull off of the World of Outlaw tour before this weekends events at Smokey Mountain Speedway. With the tough start to the 2018 season the team feels it would be best to go a different direction for the remainder of 2018. Rusty will remain driving the CJ1 for the remainder of the season. Plans for the remainder of 2018 will be announced soon. Thank you to our great marketing partners for being understanding and allowing us to regroup and tackle the remainder of the 2018 season in a different way. #Velocitausa #VpFuels #VpLubercants #BuckeyeConcreteCoatings #Rayburnchassis #Bilsteinshocks #DominatorRaceProducts #LandrumSprings #OctaneTrailers #Allstarperformance #warpaintgraphix Thank you to our great fans for all the support!

fuzzyracing
04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Well that SUCKS! I can't imagine how much cash it would take to follow a series, let alone field a competitive SLM around this region.. Good luck to Rusty and CJ the rest of the season.

ThebigE
04-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Not sure why they even attempted to do it in the first place. I figured it wouldn’t be long before they pulled off.

Highside Hustler25
04-27-2018, 12:45 PM
I thought they were probably in a lil over their head as well. Nothing wrong with giving it a try tho.

Pennsboro23
04-27-2018, 12:58 PM
He'll be alright, they'll win a lot of races this year. I wish he would come run down my way a little more.

TackyTracker
04-27-2018, 12:59 PM
Schlenk to the Summernationals this year??

golddirt
04-27-2018, 01:06 PM
That would be a good run for him, championship run that is.

old17ford
04-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Wish him and CJ the best of luck !

Mindwalker
04-27-2018, 01:44 PM
At least they tried and was smart enough to back out.

Dante Toledo, OH
04-27-2018, 05:04 PM
Schlenk to I-96 Friday and Eldora Saturday.

Hoosier_Dirt
04-27-2018, 05:06 PM
My guess is they tried and if were high up in points at this point would stay with it. Best of luck to them.

Bigdirtfan
04-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Hahahahahah ya nice try four point races. I said it on here when he announced hes was running, change the spoiler from domination to hallucination. Biggest joke in dirt racing. Take your new trailer and your two brand new rayburns and your new motors and run back to $1200 to win races. Only question now is who will be the first idiot fan that posts about his win at I-96 speedway tonight. Hahahahahahaha, keep bringing the hype morons.

Highside Hustler25
04-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Hahahahahah ya nice try four point races. I said it on here when he announced hes was running, change the spoiler from domination to hallucination. Biggest joke in dirt racing. Take your new trailer and your two brand new rayburns and your new motors and run back to $1200 to win races. Only question now is who will be the first idiot fan that posts about his win at I-96 speedway tonight. Hahahahahahaha, keep bringing the hype morons.

Pertaining to Schlenk, your posts are pretty much irrelevant, but you can keep hitting that keyboard if it gives you satisfaction.

Bigdirtfan
04-27-2018, 05:39 PM
So me predicting this collapse months ago is irrelevant, and he doesnt have good equipment that could compete for rookie of the year. Did he not announce he signed on the dotted line to compete for rookie of the year? My facts are irrelevant, what do you have to announce. You schlenk fans are so dumb that you cant accept reality. He quit, before he got started. Period.

SHOE32
04-27-2018, 06:01 PM
Bigdirtfan why is it not smart for Rusty to do this? Your not bashing Moyer for being at a 2000 to win race tonite while there are 2 Lucas races in Illinois this weekend. He has more funding behind him than half the late model universe.

Mindwalker
04-27-2018, 06:02 PM

This guy is the results of taking God out of school and making it against the law to whoop the the back sides of bad children! 👍

latemodelman
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
To me its a free country to go race when and where you want. Most drivers go to tracks that they either A) like, B) have a good chance at running in top 5. C) Are close to home. Take Jimmy Mars he is coming to Eldora and skipping Lucas Oil on Saturday. Also every September Billy Moyer comes to Eldora for the Baltes skipping the Hillbilly. Rusty is a great regional driver he just needs money and time to adapt to the tracks. Give him 2 years on the full WOO Tour and he could pick up some wins and run in the top 10 in points.

Bigdirtfan
04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Its smart to back out of a contract and back out of all the talk about racing for woo roy. The only butt getting whipped around the dirt tracks was clearly rustys this year. Billy Moyer won 6 world 100s and is retired. The three above posts just prove the stupidity ive been talking about. The lie is over folks.

latemodelman
04-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Billy Moyer is not retired. He hits and misses races basically an outlaw tour. Also what about Steve Casebolt, jeep VanWormer, Kent Robinson, Dale Mcdowell? They all race wherever they want and could run with them on a National Tour.

SHOE32
04-27-2018, 07:06 PM
Rusty really got his but kicked at LaSalle didn't he . Should have had top three first night and did the second night.

Doc88D
04-27-2018, 07:17 PM
You can’t win with some people. If he doesn’t give it a shot, “he’s just a cherry picker who dodges competition”. If he runs with the WoO, “He can’t handle the big dogs that’s why he doesn’t go with Lucas”. He realizes he’s traveling past good paying shows for a points show so he re-aligns his program and “he’s a quitter”. I hope Rusty has his best season yet, wins the Summer Nationals And gets some podium finishes on some big stages. But that still won’t be enough for a few star struck nut huggers who never buckled up and done it themselves, but know everything about how to do it. It’s always easy from 12 rows up...

Clayton_Wetter
04-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Why did they start running WOO to begin with. They knew about expenses and travel time before joining. Makes no sense.

Clayton_Wetter
04-27-2018, 07:38 PM
Pertaining to Schlenk, your posts are pretty much irrelevant, but you can keep hitting that keyboard if it gives you satisfaction.

Now Backside, just because you took offense.........

WisWildManFan
04-27-2018, 07:45 PM
He didn't mind travel expenses when he was chasing national points driving past big races to acquire points... Just gets old seeing these guys say they are running for Roy and quit because they are behind in points. Yea he looked good at lasalle but either run a tour or don't. Would like to see him run summer nationals to see what he has night in night out against IL boys

Highside Hustler25
04-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Now Backside, just because you took offense.........

Put yer rubber pantys on. Yer Mom doesn't want wet furniture.

Clayton_Wetter
04-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Put yer rubber pantys on. Yer Mom doesn't want wet furniture.

Hahahhahahaaa, oh boy, is that rich!!!!!! :):)

Hoosier_Dirt
04-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Seems to be a no win situation with this guy's decisions. He doesn't run a tour, you guys dog him for that, then he tries it and drops off, he gets dogged for that. He does it for a living, so whatever he decides, I'm sure it for the better of his program.

Bigdirtfan
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
I give up, you guys on here are right moyer, casebolt, vanwormer, robinson, mcdowell they all said they were racing a series this year and then dropped four races in. Lasalle that was a woo race too that rusty SHOULD have been in the top three of both nights.

Kwd1253
04-27-2018, 08:16 PM
This guy is the results of taking God out of school and making it against the law to whoop the the back sides of bad children! 

Lmao that was funny as all. I take that as some people need Jesus beat into them to be a God fearing man.

SHOE32
04-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Never said LaSalle was an outlaw race,you said he's been getting whipped up on all year and that was an example of your mistake.

Bigdirtfan
04-27-2018, 10:19 PM
The thread was discussing his embarrassing failure in his run for woo roy, that's where he was getting his butt whipped all year. No mistake on my end, you all just keep discussing top fives and weekly show wins.

golddirt
04-27-2018, 11:00 PM
So what is wrong with being a local or regional racer? To me it makes no sense what so ever to chase a series all over the country. Best of luck this year Rusty. And I'm not even a fan of his.

Centeroff
04-27-2018, 11:20 PM
Bobby would have already won 40-50k had he stayed on the regional deal. In certain cases I agree with pickling your spots. Im a fan of rusty and wish him the best but he has zero business running any national tour. Not without major sponsors and the equipment he is in at this moment

NormP
04-27-2018, 11:21 PM
Billy Moyer won 6 world 100s and is retired.

Wow. You should probably change your name to Bigdumbfan.

zyoung25
04-27-2018, 11:21 PM
So what is wrong with being a local or regional racer? To me it makes no sense what so ever to chase a series all over the country. Best of luck this year Rusty. And I'm not even a fan of his.

Didn't you know if you don't win a crown jewel or run a national tour, you basically suck? Everybody that cant win on a tour or win a big one should just quit.

JK4745
04-28-2018, 02:26 AM
Bigdirtfan you were the first idiot to bring up his win at I96. Congratulations for proving that you are the moron we all thought you were.

Krooser
04-28-2018, 05:07 AM
BDF... how long did YOU stay on the tour? Any tour?

perftrans
04-28-2018, 10:06 AM
maybe all you bashers should start your own team and see how easy it is

goincircles
04-28-2018, 11:46 AM
Lmao that didnt last very long I figured June anyhow its worse than I imagined lol well back to 1000 to win 1500 to win I remember people up to Butler speedway talking that get you fill of Rusty now he is heading to NASCAR LOL Im still waiting blaaahaha

Josh Bayko
04-28-2018, 11:55 AM
I didn't expect him to follow through with the whole deal, honestly. Committing to a tour like that isn't really his style from what I've seen. I mean, he doesn't even usually run regional tours. Jumping straight into the deep end with the WoO was probably a bad idea.

If he really wants to eventually run the WoO, what he should do is take the rest of this year and run all of the big races and a swing or two that's got places he comfortable with to wet the feet a little more. If that goes well, then give the tour a full fledged effort in 2019.

goincircles
04-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Doesnt matter how big a hauler you have how many chassis or how many engines thw very low talent rate shows up everytime.His total wins would have been much lower had he not cherry picked points and passed up big money.He will try the summer national tour and run out of cars lol

DLM06
04-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Wow, some of you guys seem to think that if a guy runs anything but a national series he's some kind of low talent chump deserving of your scorn. I don't think you've been on the track much. Running consistent top 3's and 5's at just about any weekly track or regional series takes lots and lots and lots of hard work, money and time and doing it for a living is even harder. Maybe Rusty miscalculated or a sponsor that promised didn't come through, who knows. But he got out there and gave it a try and maybe he'll make it back. He's a good guy who took a shot at something that some of you keyboard jockeys don't seem to understand very well. If he made it look easy "cherry picking" points and wins - that's called talent.

Bigdirtfan
04-28-2018, 11:15 PM
Im going to try one more time. The reason i personally cannot stand him is all the hype, just like circles said, hes been headed to nascar since he was 12. Where are all the fans that said he was going to win woo races and threatened people on here at now? You all have nothing except wheres your car, rusty doesnt have the money, wish him luck with whatever now. 4 point races people and crawled back home, that was a pathetic attempt at roy. How are we keyboard jockeys? Circles and i were right, we called it and now many of you are searching real hard for excuses. It seems to me buckeye concrete coatings gave old rusty some nice stuff, and then he came up short real quick - thats called truth.

J20in1st
04-29-2018, 01:50 AM

Your name must be Frank

T3GJason47
04-30-2018, 06:19 AM
The car owner wanted to pull off. So I guess if the guy funding the race team wants to pull off the tour then that's what you do.

ThebigE
04-30-2018, 06:43 AM
I give up, you guys on here are right moyer, casebolt, vanwormer, robinson, mcdowell they all said they were racing a series this year and then dropped four races in. Lasalle that was a woo race too that rusty SHOULD have been in the top three of both nights.
You bashed Rusty before he even announced he was running the WoO. It doesn't matter what he does, what series he races, what races he wins or loses, he could cure cancer and you would bash him for it.

MI Dirt Fan
04-30-2018, 12:31 PM
I96 this past Friday night. 1. CJ1 2. BWRC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Fv5pwpCXU

Centeroff
04-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Dam, rusty will drive one off in a dusty corner with confidence. He has the marbles no doubt about that

smooth32
04-30-2018, 02:10 PM
Shlenk is a regional driver at best. If he wasn't he wouldn't have passed up the bigger shows in search of smaller fish. No shame, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep racing. A summernational title would do him well before a major tour. On the national tours I'm sure most of the tracks are unfamiliar so no set up notes, kind of going in blind. Tough task against the best in the business.

00Hdmn
04-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Shlenk is a regional driver at best. If he wasn't he wouldn't have passed up the bigger shows in search of smaller fish. No shame, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep racing. A summernational title would do him well before a major tour. On the national tours I'm sure most of the tracks are unfamiliar so no set up notes, kind of going in blind. Tough task against the best in the business.

Well Said.

golddirt
04-30-2018, 06:46 PM
Oh crap that makes way to much sense for most on here to comprehend

jr29
04-30-2018, 07:23 PM
How many teams committed to a national tour to start the year and have already quit the series ? Why don't they just say " we're gonna race this year" and go from there ?
This makes folks look silly just like all the "retirements" that last 2 months.

goincircles
04-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Im going to try one more time. The reason i personally cannot stand him is all the hype, just like circles said, hes been headed to nascar since he was 12. Where are all the fans that said he was going to win woo races and threatened people on here at now? You all have nothing except wheres your car, rusty doesnt have the money, wish him luck with whatever now. 4 point races people and crawled back home, that was a pathetic attempt at roy. How are we keyboard jockeys? Circles and i were right, we called it and now many of you are searching real hard for excuses. It seems to me buckeye concrete coatings gave old rusty some nice stuff, and then he came up short real quick - thats called truth.
The followers of ole Crusty dont really know racing they just go to Oakshade and wear their 12 dollar Crust shirts there is a reason most times he goes where the competition isnt.He waisted his time and sponsors money by making the bonehead decision to go on the road.He needs to stay close to home win 1200 dollar races so his fan base dont lose confidence

Mindwalker
04-30-2018, 09:57 PM
The only reason for not liking him is the hype? Lmao.... Before you answer that remember who you're talking to here 😉

MI Dirt Fan
04-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Why the name calling for. That's just getting childish now.

zyoung25
04-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Your name must be Frank

The followers of ole Crusty dont really know racing they just go to Oakshade and wear their 12 dollar Crust shirts there is a reason most times he goes where the competition isnt.He waisted his time and sponsors money by making the bonehead decision to go on the road.He needs to stay close to home win 1200 dollar races so his fan base dont lose confidence

Looks like we have 2 Franks.

ThebigE
05-04-2018, 07:35 AM

It doesn't help the fact that he's the only one running a Rayburn on a national tour. You are surrounded by XR1's and Longhorns and you have 0 help from others. That's like going to a gun fight with a knife.

ThebigE
05-04-2018, 07:39 AM

I dare you to put you name on this comment. Because I'm sure there are a few guys sitting in turn 3 that would like to meet you.

Mindwalker
05-04-2018, 08:18 AM
I dare you to put you name on this comment. Because I'm sure there are a few guys sitting in turn 3 that would like to meet you.
Those old farts in Turn3 are sissy's, G! 😝

Mindwalker
05-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Why the name calling for. That's just getting childish now.

It always makes me feel tougher! 😀

Mindwalker
05-04-2018, 08:45 AM
If the car owner says we're done, you're done! Bashing for what he does is moot at that point. Bashing him, well thats another story.

MI Dirt Fan
05-04-2018, 09:21 AM
If the car owner says we're done, you're done! Bashing for what he does is moot at that point. Bashing him, well thats another story.

Well that makes sense.