PDA

View Full Version : Bwrc

President Clinton
04-28-2018, 04:25 AM
Sure has been like crickets around here lately on the Barry Wright/ Chris Madden pairing??? Are they running ok? Is Barry to old and behind the modern technology? Just curious as to what’s up?🙈😳🤣

Highside Hustler25
04-28-2018, 04:37 AM
Pleasantly surprised right now. Can it last?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-28-2018, 07:51 AM
Keep in mind what chassis madden drove and knowledge he had in set ups in them before he tweeked that bwrc.
If ya cant beat em join em!

President Clinton
04-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Keep in mind what chassis madden drove and knowledge he had in set ups in them before he tweeked that bwrc.

You talking about when he was with Bloomer?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-28-2018, 10:06 AM

No when he was w longhorn the last few yrs

Kwd1253
04-28-2018, 10:25 AM

No when he was w longhorn the last few yrs

I think had do with both bring some good insight from running pass chassis he was in. Then bringing in good backing of sponsors, which Barry didn’t have for last couple years since don/bowyer. He had jimmy in it and jimmy had some good sponsorship he brought to bwrc. Did jimmy jump sail because he didn’t want lose his sponsor or didn’t really like the brwc? Never got the full story on that deal. My main question is which chassis of bw did madden start modifying, the one he’s in now? That icon wasn’t all that, Barry had some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good knowledgeable wheelmen behind it.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-28-2018, 11:10 AM
No when he was w longhorn the last few yrsYou do realize late model racing existed before Longhorn right? Or that Longhorn was nothing without Kevin Rumley?

Madden has a raced a long dam time. He has gained valuable knowledge from Bloomer, Barry, and undoubtedly Kevin/Longhorn. There’s no way in hell to act like his short time with Longhorn is what made Barry and Madden find speed. Madden brought good motors, or Barry went back to good motors, I’m pretty convinced that is what was lacking in the JD/Barry team.

Josh Bayko
04-28-2018, 11:21 AM

JD was in one, and he's the driver that really made Longhorn what it is today. So why wasn't the Icon worth a crap with him in it?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-28-2018, 06:53 PM
How much of it is the poor man's Rumley, Pasi?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-28-2018, 06:57 PM
JD was in one, and he's the driver that really made Longhorn what it is today. So why wasn't the Icon worth a crap with him in it?

How much design did ole JD put into the Icon? How much is the current car like a Longhorn? How much was the problem poor adjustment? How much of it was engine? None of us know.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Oh i agree w you. Madden has brought a lot to bwrc.
Longhorn was a slug before rumley

Josh Bayko
04-28-2018, 09:03 PM
How much design did ole JD put into the Icon? How much is the current car like a Longhorn? How much was the problem poor adjustment? How much of it was engine? None of us know.

One could ask very similar questions about Madden. That’s kinda the point I was trying to make.

Slinging
04-28-2018, 09:49 PM
I seen Davenport last year at Duck River lucas show in the Bwrc and I can tell u what I seen with my own eyes...Barry was under that car working on it and Davenport was layed up in the nice hauler....

#FALSuperman
04-28-2018, 09:55 PM
I seen Davenport last year at Duck River lucas show in the Bwrc and I can tell u what I seen with my own eyes...Barry was under that car working on it and Davenport was layed up in the nice hauler....Not that I don't believe you, but I saw the same JD under the car working on it when he was driving for G.R. Smith.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-28-2018, 10:05 PM
I seen Davenport last year at Duck River lucas show in the Bwrc and I can tell u what I seen with my own eyes...Barry was under that car working on it and Davenport was layed up in the nice hauler....

Jd was figuring out his fishing plans for monday

#FALSuperman
04-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Jd was figuring out his fishing plans for mondayThis is true...he was very disengaged once he realized they weren't getting the help they needed to make the chassis better. Fishing was his outlet. That Hatfield engine was junk!

dirtcrazy4u
04-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Yea makes sense. NOT. I remember people on this board saying JD had a deal w/BWRC that he was going to get a pc of barry's business. RIGHT. That deal went down the crapper long before the motor problems. Sure, the motor issues put the finishing touches in place. Either Barry didn't want the schedule JD wanted or ???. SLM being what it is today, fewer weekly tracks which means less feed back from racers. Nobody, is running a BWRC and getting the attention needed for more of the touring guys to jump on board. That scenario is being played out with club 29 cars also. They have CB racing but what have they done ? The end of 2017 they looked as if they founded something. Guess what ? They haven't. It's what makes rocket and Longhorn so popular. They have a great deal more feedback coming from racers. Touring drivers, and bottom line that's what is needed today to be successful.

tsand
04-28-2018, 11:40 PM
1st and 3rd for the BWRC icon at the Ultimate race at Modoc

MI Dirt Fan
04-28-2018, 11:55 PM
Second place last night at I96

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Hatfield motor is you answer. It might not b the one your looking for. We understand your dislike towards jd and thats ok as you are entitled to it. I have my own also.

Birky15Bfan
04-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Davenport is worthless unless he has Kevin Rumley with him.

MI Dirt Fan
04-29-2018, 11:13 AM

Just like Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-29-2018, 11:14 AM

Another haiter

You do relize rumley hasnt been w jd his whole career right. Jd has won before being w rumley

Birky15Bfan
04-29-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm not a JD hater. I have a signed JD mirror hanging in my game room . I'm just not afraid of the truth.

MI Dirt Fan
04-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Most were crate shows until the last 3-4 years.

MI Dirt Fan
04-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Another haiter

You do relize rumley hasnt been w jd his whole career right. Jd has won before being w rumley

Being a hater and pointing out facts are two different things.

Buckeye SLM
04-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Hatfield motor is you answer. It might not b the one your looking for. We understand your dislike towards jd and thats ok as you are entitled to it. I have my own also.So as soon as I mention JD and LH in a response, it’s not the car. Which is it.....you said it was the car all last year and now it’s the motor bc there’s no way Madden can know more than someone like JD, right? fwiw, not a hater of JD at all, actually a fan with plenty of his merchandise, diecasts and been watching him come up since his days with Hamrick. He himself is a great guy. But I’m a hater of everyone tht thinks Rumley reinvented the wheel, that if it’s not a LH, or Davenport or McCreadie driving, it’s worthless and not worth mentioning. It’s old and tiring. You sure like to talk about all the Pierce fans getting on here talking but can’t realize you alone are as bad as half the pierce posse.

#FALSuperman
04-29-2018, 11:51 AM
Bottom line, it just didn't click this time around for JD and BW. I can tell you there were efforts on JD's end. It just never came together. Now Madden and BW have something good going. I'm ok with that. JD is most definitely better with Rumley. End of the day, JD is still behind the wheel and having to make decisions that determine whether his car is going to last 60 or 100 laps. He is strategic in how he decides to attack a race. That's part of the talent JD brings. That's really all there is. 2 of something good has almost always equated to being better than just 1 of something good. It's a great racing combo.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Rumley kinda did reinvent the wheel. The racing was changed forever. As were the cars. Even with the stupid new rules.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Get ur facts straight about pierce. Show me 1 post where i complained about pierce. Never said. I just watch the few bicker back and forth at each other. You dont like my post well idc. Im not all facts all the time i just like ruffling a few feathers on here at times w most of them taking it as they throw it back at me. Its all good here. Btw Im not a fan or hater of pierce

chupp n bloomer fan
04-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Just like Jeff Gordon and Ray EvernhamJeff Gordon kept winning long after Evernham.

And JD has won without Rumley.