PDA

View Full Version : Lucas & WoO Sanctioned Races @ Eldora

brsteg
05-02-2018, 05:33 PM
I feel like I'll be in the minority, which is why they don't happen, but I'd really like to see both Lucas Oil and WoO go to Eldora once a year and run their program for full points. (Separate not co-sanctioned) while the Dream and World are left as UMP Dirtcar stand alones.

I think it'd be neat to have 2 more big late model races at the big E each year and each with a different format than their 2 big big shows.

I think in the past on this topic the majority of folks say Dream and World are enough, been there done that.

But for comparison, the WoO Sprints are running 7 different races there this year (which includes the 3 races that are now part of the King's Royal Weekend). {Which I will agree with anyone that says that 7 is too many. But by this same argument a lucas and WoO LM race would make a 7th and 8th big money race at Eldora, but I'm still wanting it}.

MI Dirt Fan
05-02-2018, 05:38 PM
I don't think UMP is to keen on Lucas coming in and running an event. Wasn't that how LaSalle lost there UMP sanction? Refresh our memories.

HoosierDirtFan
05-02-2018, 05:44 PM
I don't think UMP is to keen on Lucas coming in and running an event. Wasn't that how LaSalle lost there UMP sanction? Refresh our memories.

NO. That had nothing to do with Lucas. Lucas was going to LaSalle before DIRTcar put a stipulation in that they want UMP / DIRTcar tracks to run a WOO LMS events. I.E. Tri-City has Lucas events. When Tony Izzo was looking to do a second Lucas race Fairbury was supposedly his first choice and DIRTcar / UMP squashed that idea.

Personally I think a track / promoter(s) should be able to choose what series that want to bring in to their facility.

Pennsboro23
05-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Lucas did run a 10,000 race there in the summer a few years back if I remember correctly.

Illtsate32
05-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are there any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...

MI Dirt Fan
05-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are their any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...

Yes there is.

Illtsate32
05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Ok ya Bulls Gap, Port Royal, Fayetteville, Atomic to name a few

brsteg
05-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Lucas did run a 10,000 race there in the summer a few years back if I remember correctly.

WoO had a sanctioned race there for 2 years about Brickyard time.

bleedblue55
05-02-2018, 07:44 PM
I'd like to go back when most of the big time classic races were not sanctioned. Now it's get a race, 2 day show, pay $20k, instant Crown Jewel. What a freakin joke.

In The Gas
05-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Bottom line the two series need to join together and run for a minimum $30K a night, 3K to start. Its time to put the big dogs on the big stage and allow the local racers run for fun at their local track.
Times have changed

Dlmfan123
05-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Bottom line the two series need to join together and run for a minimum $30K a night, 3K to start. Its time to put the big dogs on the big stage and allow the local racers run for fun at their local track.Times have changedWhy? Both series seem to be successful?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Why water down the prestige of the Big E?

tsand
05-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Ok ya Bulls Gap, Port Royal, Fayetteville, Atomic to name a few
Cherokee speedway runs both

Shiny Side Up 18
05-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Interesting topic that doesnt get brought up much...are there any tracks that host both a lucas and woo race? And interesting point as well Tri City is a ump track why do they get away with two Lucas races a year? They dont have a woo race even...Tri-City and Macon already had Lucas events at their tracks before Driggers "banned" UMP tracks from scheduling Lucas Oil races. They were "grandfathered" in. I remember reading that it's because the NDRL tried to crash WoO by intentionally scheduling on top of them. Fayette County Speedway briefly lost their UMP sanctioning last year because they explored scheduling a Lucas race.

Illtsate32
05-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Good info Shiny, as Tyrannical as Driggers seems surprised they still have them, which im happy they do Tri City being my "home track"...

Hoosier
05-02-2018, 10:32 PM
I'd like to go back when most of the big time classic races were not sanctioned. Now it's get a race, 2 day show, pay $20k, instant Crown Jewel. What a freakin joke.

Dixie Shootout = $53,000 a few years ago

racincowboy02
05-02-2018, 10:56 PM
How about after the Woo Finals and the DTWC lets go head to head at Eldora put the top 10 in points against each other and the winner is the National Champ or the WORLD Champ however you want to word it. The winner gets into both the Dream and World the next season with a provisional if he doesn't make it in on time or heat race placement. Pay 200K for the win and run the purse deep into the field with the last place guy bringin home 15K

MI Dirt Fan
05-02-2018, 11:28 PM
You wanna race the second week of November in Ohio? lol.

racincowboy02
05-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Yea sure why not lol we can race on a snow covered Eldora lol i was just trying to figure out a way to get them both there maybe my dates weren't the best but hey it would be worth a shot

BloomerHarvickFan
05-03-2018, 06:42 AM
There are a lot of tracks in my neck of the woods (East Tennessee) that host both Lucas and WoO.
Smoky Mountain, Bull's Gap, Tazewell (not this year, but in years past)

Josh Bayko
05-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Bottom line the two series need to join together and run for a minimum $30K a night, 3K to start. Its time to put the big dogs on the big stage and allow the local racers run for fun at their local track.
Times have changed

Because less guys having a chance to make money would work out well for the sport, right?

kd1
05-03-2018, 10:26 AM
WoO had a sanctioned race there for 2 years about Brickyard time.I thought it was a WoO race too.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-03-2018, 11:15 AM
I thought it was a WoO race too.It was. That was when Stewart and Chub got into it.

mskdorf
05-03-2018, 11:23 AM
How is 30k to win and 3k to start "less guys having a chance to make money"?

manwplan
05-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Because to do that you'd have to have only one series. Only 24 cars start a race instead of 2 series with 2 races at the same time with 48 cars racing for money.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Because to do that you'd have to have only one series. Only 24 cars start a race instead of 2 series with 2 races at the same time with 48 cars racing for money.Yep. The way it is now is actually pretty good. Getting too expensive as it is, to put them all vying for 24 spots, ouch.

Pennsboro23
05-03-2018, 12:32 PM
I thought it was a WoO race too.

Yeah I think you guys are right, I guess I was thinking it was Lucas Oil sanctioned because I believe EPJ won it.

dirty-white-boy
05-03-2018, 12:33 PM
I dont think it needs to be done. E has their own standalone big shows. Lets not dilute it and ruin a good thing. Next subject!

Josh Bayko
05-03-2018, 12:41 PM

This weekend, both WoO and Lucas are racing, giving roughly 50 drivers the chance to make money on the weekend. If there was only one tour, just 24-28 guys would have the same chance.

It's not rocket surgery.

brsteg
05-03-2018, 03:13 PM
If there was a national tour that ran for that kind of money a WoO and Lucas type tours would still be needed. Maybe they could go more regional, but still would need that level of show I feel like.

Mams
05-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Yeah I think you guys are right, I guess I was thinking it was Lucas Oil sanctioned because I believe EPJ won it.

I think he won both years. Believe Subway was sponsor.

play4kps
05-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Eldora wants to run less shows, they do not want to run anymore shows than they have too. Eldora has become a big event race track. The last thing Eldora cares about is late model racing other than the dream or world, they lost the UMP nationals, they paid a pathetic 5000 to win. Look at the Eldora speedway schedule and ask yourself a question if Eldora is interested in late model racing why is it you wont see late model racing at eldora all summer long. The dream is on june 9th and you wont see another late model hit the track until September 2nd for the Baltes classic which drew a whopping 13 cars last year. from july 18th to sept 2 you have only one race scheduled there and that is headlined by modifieds and street stocks which last year had 14 modifieds and 13 street stocks for the entire show. Eldora is a great track and a great facility, but its about time other tracks get recognized for their effort and commitment to dirt racing.

brsteg
05-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Eldora wants to run less shows, they do not want to run anymore shows than they have too. Eldora has become a big event race track. The last thing Eldora cares about is late model racing other than the dream or world, they lost the UMP nationals, they paid a pathetic 5000 to win. Look at the Eldora speedway schedule and ask yourself a question if Eldora is interested in late model racing why is it you wont see late model racing at eldora all summer long. The dream is on june 9th and you wont see another late model hit the track until September 2nd for the Baltes classic which drew a whopping 13 cars last year. from july 18th to sept 2 you have only one race scheduled there and that is headlined by modifieds and street stocks which last year had 14 modifieds and 13 street stocks for the entire show. Eldora is a great track and a great facility, but its about time other tracks get recognized for their effort and commitment to dirt racing.

Then start a thread about FALS, Attica, or what ever other track you want.