PDA

View Full Version : Rocket house car

MI Dirt Fan
05-07-2018, 11:41 AM
When was the last time they were this low in points? Little uncharacteristic for them. Even though the points are pretty close I still except them to be there in the end. Would be nice to see atleast 3 cars with all a good chance to win the title at Charlotte.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-07-2018, 12:08 PM
When was the last time they were this low in points? Little uncharacteristic for them. Even though the points are pretty close I still except them to be there in the end. Would be nice to see atleast 3 cars with all a good chance to win the title at Charlotte.

2015 is the last time, I would think.

Illtsate32
05-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Imo I think Madden and Marler have just been too inconsistent to stay with the 1 in a points race...

Pennsboro23
05-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Once they head to the Midwest and the western swing, it's over. Shepp will pull away. Not taking anything from Madden because he's been darn good but the past two weeks have been at tracks he's always excelled at. He will probably be pretty tough to beat this coming weekend too.

No_Weak_Links
05-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Imo I think Madden and Marler have just been too inconsistent to stay with the 1 in a points race...Madden has been the most consistent car in probably all of LM racing, WOO, Lucas, or anywhere. He's ran top 5 every race except 1 where he was running top 5 and broke a rear end.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-07-2018, 01:57 PM
When was the last time they were this low in points? Little uncharacteristic for them. Even though the points are pretty close I still except them to be there in the end. Would be nice to see atleast 3 cars with all a good chance to win the title at Charlotte.And they’ve just broke. Their points standing right now is because of parts failures, maybe a tire too, can’t remember.

Josh Bayko
05-07-2018, 02:06 PM

2012 is the last time they were out of the top 4 in points. That was the year Josh was giving NASCAR a shot.

Kwd1253
05-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Imo I think Madden and Marler have just been too inconsistent to stay with the 1 in a points race...

Inconsistent ?????
Pos. Car Driver Total Diff Wins Top 5's Top 10's Entered Started
1 44 Chris Madden 1280 0 2 8 8 9 9
2 157 Mike Marlar 1256 -24 1 6 8 9 9
4 1 Sheppard 1222 -58 3 6 6 9 9

Don’t know where you getting your stat info from. But main reason Brandon dropped in points was he not been Consistent as madden and marlar. Last year madden was inconsistent.

Marlar just got his new car. He looking good in it. Say Brandon will run the show when mid west and Western swing comes. You need go see how close it was last year placing. Any 100 lapped race out this 3, Marlar probably the favorite. If Brandon and weaver can figure their problem out soon they can catch this three still.

Pennsboro23
05-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Madden has been the most consistent car in the country this season.

MI Dirt Fan
05-07-2018, 02:14 PM
I know they broke a motor and broke an axle.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Madden has been pretty consistent, if you ask me...

MI Dirt Fan
05-07-2018, 04:25 PM
If Madden and Marlar keep running consistent even during the so called Midwest and west swing will it still be tough to get back up there?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Did you see where I said points race? I wasnt just talking about the first 2 months of this year lol. Maybe I should of been more clear for the people in the cheap seats...

Each year is different. I don't see Madden becoming inconsistent unless he has mechanical issues or is found to be cheating in some way. The dude is fast no matter the track config or track condition.

Illtsate32
05-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Each year is different. I don't see Madden becoming inconsistent unless he has mechanical issues or is found to be cheating in some way. The dude is fast no matter the track config or track condition.

I totally agree and id love to see him win it...and yes hes started out on fire. Wel see if he can keep it up all season.. hot and cold streaks wont get it done in the points against the 1 was really what I was trying to say in my first post...

Cheating and breaking has been in his history either way it reflects in the results...

Highside Hustler25
05-07-2018, 05:22 PM
I would expect Madden to be average come mid summer. That's when the rocket house car will be at it's best. I expect Marlar to be 2nd to Sheppy at that time as well. Mike has been hitting a lot of Midwest tracks the last couple years with very good results. He could give Brandon a run for the $$ with no bad luck.

We seem to have this same discussion every year with Madden. Tough to beat in the S>East. So so when the tour goes North.

No_Weak_Links
05-07-2018, 08:19 PM
I would expect Madden to be average come mid summer. That's when the rocket house car will be at it's best. I expect Marlar to be 2nd to Sheppy at that time as well. Mike has been hitting a lot of Midwest tracks the last couple years with very good results. He could give Brandon a run for the $$ with no bad luck.We seem to have this same discussion every year with Madden. Tough to beat in the S>East. So so when the tour goes North.I believe the opposite of this. Madden held his own last year at tracks he's never seen. This year he has notes and experience going back to these places. I figure a close 3 car battle to the end.

Kwd1253
05-07-2018, 08:43 PM
N.W.L. Got agree with you on that. In that swing last year, madden won 3 or 4 mid west and north swing. He had couple bad luck breaks to in some of them sitting on pool. Marlar ran quite a few them swings and he was a lot time 2nd-4th his time going to them tracks. That deer Creek race he came from 2nd last row to 3rd. This going be hard year for Brandon and mark to win the championship.

Highside Hustler25
05-07-2018, 08:48 PM
I believe the opposite of this. Madden held his own last year at tracks he's never seen. This year he has notes and experience going back to these places. I figure a close 3 car battle to the end.

I hope yer right. The more, the merrier.

Madden was impressive @ Farmer City and FALS last year so you never know. I think he was also in better equipment last year as well so we'll see.

CageFaraday
05-07-2018, 09:04 PM

There are 3 teams who could vie for the title, Marlar, Madden & Clanton with Overton as an outside 4th if they get some rhythm going. This whole weekend ever race I watched was those 3 guys battling. Even though BShep went out early at Cherokee, they were off when they unloaded. Kinda cool to see some new faces up front instead the #1 car every week. A Madden has a better shot this year than last as he's in better equipment and a deeper team with mucho experience on the road with titles and trophies going back longer than some on here have been alive for.

Burke1118
05-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Lots of parity in the sport right now.. I think that 15" nose height is gonna be an equalizer

Zonks32x
05-07-2018, 09:50 PM
It's May 7th correct???

If B-Shepp is still in 3rd place on say July 7th, then there may be slight cause for concern.

Until then, enjoy the points battle. Nice for a change.

Those other two gentlemen ahead of him right now are pretty good too.

Just sayin'...l

racincowboy02
05-08-2018, 12:39 AM
I agree Madden has been very consistent and he broke at Lavonia Thursday night Shep broke Friday at Cherokee Madden won Saturday and Shep finished 11th i think next weekend will be another tough test for Madden but he seems to run pretty well at Fayetteville so we shall see but once the tour goes back up to Sheppards back yard he will get it right

I have to admit I am glad to see some different names at the top of the points battle and yes i know its early and shep and the Rocket team are a very formidable team and will be up there battling for the points lead but think about what a nice battle all the way to Charlotte would do it would be exciting and will be something to talk about

I can't talk bad about any driver cause they are doing something that i can't and thats drive a 900+ hp late model around a track and make it stick i admire and respect them all

ThebigE
05-08-2018, 06:05 AM
I heard they went back to their car from last year. So far the new XR1's aren't getting the job done. Same thing Best Performance did with Richards.

bleedblue55
05-08-2018, 07:09 AM
I heard they went back to their car from last year. So far the new XR1's aren't getting the job done. Same thing Best Performance did with Richards.
Marlar might disagree, built a new piece and ran 2nd, 1st and 4th last weekend

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Marlar might disagree, built a new piece and ran 2nd, 1st and 4th last weekendIt is a BruceBilt Rocket, so it may have some differences.

bleedblue55
05-08-2018, 08:00 AM
It is a BruceBilt Rocket, so it may have some differences.

Yea it's got a BruceBilt sticker on it, chassis was assembled and welded in Shinnston.

Dlmfan123
05-08-2018, 08:17 AM
I’m gonna say overton will still win 10+ races this year