PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR may be sold?? Legit report!

champion24
05-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Another report that the France crew may want out! This could help us all!!

Cardirt0
05-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Was just reading that
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/exclusive-majority-owners-explore-sale-of-nascar/ar-AAwU66a?li=BBnb7Kz

brainbucket
05-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Depends on who purchases it. Two words.... Doug Bland

MI Dirt Fan
05-07-2018, 04:21 PM
As long as Kyle Busch, Joey Logano or Brad K don't win

MI Dirt Fan
05-07-2018, 05:57 PM
It just says the majority owners are looking to sell.

Cardirt0
05-07-2018, 06:08 PM
was wrong looking for who owns what Son and Sis own 71% of NASCAR
Plus they own 12 tracks

Raceready
05-07-2018, 06:16 PM
LET Obama buy it. even he might not run it as bad as it has been lately !

kazual
05-07-2018, 06:57 PM
They didn’t judge very well where the top was, now they are trying to unload a distressed and damaged piece of merchandise.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-07-2018, 07:01 PM
What about mindwalker & centeroff purchasing nascar?

ride height
05-07-2018, 08:22 PM
The fact Smokey Yunick isnt in the hall of fame made me lose all respect for that bunch. Its a Hall of FAME. I assure you...when it comes to stock cars....Smokey, is famous.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Maybe WRG will buy it and put Driggers in charge! :D

Cardirt0
05-07-2018, 08:44 PM

They about a Billion short lol

Centeroff
05-07-2018, 08:51 PM
And SS swings for the fence and misses again! Get a job Davenmac

93Nelson
05-07-2018, 09:04 PM
The wrong people will buy it and they'll be racing pruis' out there.

Zonks32x
05-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Wake me up when Nascar makes Bristol a dirt track.

Until then....zzzzzzzzzz!!!

The best thing Nascrap could do to breathe life into tar car racing is have their 40 "stars" go race midweek short-track events every week across the country.

Better yet...put their retired guys on tour.

Kenseth, Lil' E, Stewart, Carl Edwards, Gordon. Let them travel town to town and battle the "locals" at a track near you.

The hell with the 1.5 mile cookie cutter horse manure they put on TV each week.

Mindwalker
05-07-2018, 11:34 PM

Secretly, Im not so sure this didnt happen about ten years ago 😀

Kwd1253
05-08-2018, 12:38 AM
Secretly, Im not so sure this didnt happen about ten years ago 

Someone needs to buy it, make sure them retards running it dont come over to dirt racing. They make digger look like best thing ever happen to motor sport racing.

bullring
05-08-2018, 07:44 AM
If I were a track owner I'd be nervous. Cause the first thing I'd do is start replacing some of the cookie cutter tracks with tracks one mile or smaller and add some dirt venues.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2018, 07:55 AM
If they sell it, I’m sure they will, I hope it’s to someone who will take NASCAR back about 10-15 years. Them mile and a half copy cat tracks, poof. Bring back Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, unscrew Bristol, go to tracks with character. Get rid of the current way of keeping points, maybe go to almost a qualifying, heat, 150-300 mile races. It certainly needs changed.

Because the product now just isn’t good. It just isn’t good entertainment. And I really hope they get it back to a good product that has an entertainment value.

super_latemodel_fan
05-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Kenseth, Lil' E, Stewart, Carl Edwards, Gordon. Let them travel town to town and battle the "locals" at a track near you.

Why would a retired driver want to come out of retirement to help their old employer out of a jam ?
That kind of logic just doesn't seem to make sense to me, I know when I retire I'm gonna relax and enjoy the Fruits of my Labor.

MI Dirt Fan
05-08-2018, 09:00 AM
North Wilkesboro isn't coming back.

CageFaraday
05-08-2018, 09:08 AM

The best thing Nascrap could do to breathe life into tar car racing is have their 40 "stars" go race midweek short-track events every week across the country.

Kenseth re-signed with Rousch already and is do back by Kansas driving the #6. None of the other retired drivers you mentioned want to come back or can't. LiL' E can't risk scrambling his noodle. Gordon has back issues and Edwards saw the light after LIL' E struggles and his own mega hit at Homestead. I don't mind 1.5 milers and I love Charlotte, but every track can't or shouldn't be a Charlotte rubber stamp. Put Atlanta back like it was. Go back to the formula that worked so well in the 80's and 90's, before play offs and bonehead chases with special help me out points. Put the lucky dog to sleep too.

Centeroff
05-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Cagefarday that has to show Trevor Bayne how bad he really sucks

Tireguy17
05-08-2018, 09:38 AM
So many things wrong with NASCAR, where do you start with repairing it?
1. The face of the sport dies on track in the biggest race 17 years ago and has struggled since to have another driver to lead the series out of the dark abyss. Fan base (and Nascar) clinged to the hope that Junior could consistently win races and championships to resurrect the series....no dice. Fan base is now cheering for Kyle Busch out of desperation for a new leader to follow to the promised land.

2. Any given race has 12-16 cars on the lead lap by race end, with few cautions, most built in by the segment endings.

3. Bad on-track product = bad TV product = Doesn't make fans buy tickets and goto races = Attendance and revenue drops. I've went to the last 2 Daytona 500's, and had a great experience taking it all in, but the race itself is boring in person.

I think as dirt fans we should be thankful that the biggest (and some would say lone) problem it has is controlling costs. I get that local racing has more issues than traveling series no doubt. On track product, for the most part, is good for the touring series races. Car count is good.

tb1545
05-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I really dont feel like nascar has done too bad with their rules changes. Yes purists get upset, but stage racing gives something to look forward to for as miserably long as some of these napcar races are. The chase keeps more drivers relevant longer although i didnt exactly agree with if you have a pulse you make the chase now.
I just feel like nascar abandoning its root region, taking big money that has now pretty much abandoned it, and going to all these cookie cutter and bigger tracks is killing the sport more than any rules they come up with or change. And the major problem they have is tracks. Nascar can not change tracks right now due to who owns the current tracks. That model is the death of nascar, not the rules IMO.

My nascar fix would be half the races take place on 1.25 mile and smaller, add another road course (make sure its like sonoma and Watkins Glen, not road america), and mix up the race formats. How about twin 200s at bristol one during the day, throw a tailgate party, then another at night. Lets go to iowa speedway and run heat races to determine feature lineup (all in the same day). Make these races the individual events they should be again, not just another 1 of 36 dates on the schedule.

Dante Toledo, OH
05-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Number 1. The people in charge don't take any responsibility for messing it up. For 50 years they awarded the championship one way, one points system. Then they changed it 10 times in about 15 years. That was stupid. Then they took dates away from tracks that had been around for ever that had some unique characteristics and built tracks that look like other tracks in Chicago, LA, Texas, Vegas, Kansas etc. now we have the stupid segments and automatic cautions. Etc. then they did the stupid "car of tomorrow" thing and every car looked exactly the same. Same car with different headlight stickers. That's stupid. A lot of fans used to be diehard Chevy or diehard Ford fans. Now it doesn't matter they all look the same. In the late 80's Elliot's thunderbird looked just like the ones in every showroom. Earnharts Monte Carlo SS looked like the ones in the showroom. In the last 15 years these cars look nothing like the ones you can buy. Those are all things that need fixed to the way they were. 2. They lost a lot of big names in a short period of time. After Dale Sr died they also lost Rusty, Jarret, Rudd, Bobby and Terry, Mark Martin, Jeff Burton. And not to long after that blow they lost Stewart, Gordon, Edwards, Kenseth, Bifle. Etc. that's a lot of drivers that do commercials and have there face on products that are not easy to replace. 3. Go back to your roots. Saturday night racing style. Do it the way every track in the country does it. Look at Eldora, Knoxville, Fairbary etc. make these races a big event. I will use Bristol for my example. This is what I think would bring people back. Friday night hot laps for trucks, Bush, Cup start at 4:30. Send them out in groups of 10 you got 5 laps to shake em down. 15 minutes after hot laps Truck qualifying followed by Bush and cup. Quick time guys come out pull a invert for heats 20 lap heat races for trucks, 25 laps for Bush, 30 for cup. Take four from each heat. Saturday night run B mains. Take a couple from the B's have a couple provisional for whatever highest in points not in and fastest time not in. Send the rest to the hauler. 75 lap a main for trucks 100 lap for Bush and 150 for cup. Lots of good short races packed into 2 nights. And a bonus is the young kids in the Truck and Bush series are racing the same night in front of the big crowd. They put on good races and earn a fan base. Instead of racing Saturday at noon while 30,000 race fans are outside drinking and playing corn hole. All one show all one ticket 2 great nights of racing. 4. If any announcer says overtime or playoffs they are fired. And instead of the ex driver commentators let's get Jonny Gibson from outlaw Sprints, give these guys some nick names, and some enthusiasm. Sell pit passes, let the fans see the pits, the haulers, etc like NHRA style or Eldora. 5. Stop telling us about a aging fan base and young fans not interested. Millions of people go short track racing every weekend

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2018, 12:59 PM
North Wilkesboro isn't coming back.

Thats a shame too. Everytime i ride by is i just smh. All politics, they could have saved that track. The just wanted the dates to go w thete new race tracks

dirtcrazy4u
05-08-2018, 02:14 PM
They need to get out of the south, there is tracks out there in every state that would pack the stands. Problem is, the men's club doesn't want that. Nascrap owns 12, Humpy owns how many ? Burton Smith, Penske, they control nascrap. I would shorten the races, throw out this stage garbage, stop the fuel distance race, take all this aero crap and make the driver part of the reason a guy wins a race.

Cardirt0
05-08-2018, 02:47 PM
make them were you have to drive them .Cut the Dam off the front. cut the S in 1/2. Make the springs were the have to flex. were drafting works and the drivers will have to drive them. If there 53 cars start them all.
And if you turn someone and cause a yellow you go to the rear.
No wind tunnel testing. No jig testing. Millions $ saved

Clayton_Wetter
05-08-2018, 02:52 PM
If I were a track owner I'd be nervous. Cause the first thing I'd do is start replacing some of the cookie cutter tracks with tracks one mile or smaller and add some dirt venues.

And go broke fast.

Cardirt0
05-08-2018, 02:55 PM
And go broke fast.

I like the 1 mile tracks and the big 2.5s ones you can have all the 1.5 mile ones they $uck. when they added the 1.5 is when things went south think about it.
Add 3... 1 mile dirt races

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2018, 03:15 PM
They need to get out of the south, there is tracks out there in every state that would pack the stands. Problem is, the men's club doesn't want that. Nascrap owns 12, Humpy owns how many ? Burton Smith, Penske, they control nascrap. I would shorten the races, throw out this stage garbage, stop the fuel distance race, take all this aero crap and make the driver part of the reason a guy wins a race.They did. That has a lot to do with the current state of NASCAR.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2018, 03:17 PM
North Wilkesboro isn't coming back.It could. It’s sitting there rotting away last I knew.

Cardirt0
05-08-2018, 03:17 PM
They did. That has a lot to do with the current state of NASCAR.

Added Bad tracks and told the fan base to go ( ) them selfs.

No_Weak_Links
05-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Here's an idea....come up with a car and engine package that is affordable enough people could buy/build them. Then you would have tons of cars and fans at every race. We could then see who the best drivers are and not the best steering wheel holders who can bring in sponsor money. Have 2 provisionals. If you're not fast enough then you go home....the farther NASCAR has gotten away from grassroots, the less popular it has become.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Added Bad tracks and told the fan base to go ( ) them selfs.Correct. I know they wanted to attract new fans, but you cannot give the fans you had a middle finger to bring in new ones.

Cardirt0
05-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Correct. I know they wanted to attract new fans, but you cannot give the fans you had a middle finger to bring in new ones.

I know some fans here in Ill 20 of them that have gone to 6 to 7 races a year, That only go to The 500 and hit the dirt spring races in F now. He told me once you only have to give me the Finger once to get me to change my mine.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2018, 04:21 PM
They ran a mod race back a few yrs ago there at n wilksboro but it didnt do well. I was hoping it would spark an interest for some local short track racing. I believe they rented track and had low car count. Seems like pavement mods are dieing out here also. They had 8 cars at caraway a couple weeks ago. Opening night for bowman gray stadium was low also.

Zonks32x
05-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Why would a retired driver want to come out of retirement to help their old employer out of a jam ?
That kind of logic just doesn't seem to make sense to me, I know when I retire I'm gonna relax and enjoy the Fruits of my Labor.

Where did most of these guys start? Short track racing?

Why go back to it? Because they enjoy racing. It's not full time, it's not high stakes, it's for Fun with the boys and because they can, if they choose to.

What do the fans get out of it? A chance to see "Champion" drivers at their local track competing against their local fan favorites.

Never said these guys would just show up for free. Nascar is dying a slow death and local tar-car short track racing isn't far behind.

They wouldn't be showing up to help their former employer, they would be showing up to breath life into short track racing and pay homage to their roots as drivers.

3 wide
05-08-2018, 05:05 PM
The solution to nascar is easy do away with the points take that money and divide it out over the races that they run then you would see real races instead of following each other around for points these cars can't run anywhere else anyway so they don't need a point fund the only reason for a point fund is to keep the cars together.

Cardirt0
05-08-2018, 05:19 PM
H ll have you priced a Racing Kart lately. You can spend 5Gs real fast. and not have much. Cost is killing it all. Even a good Dirt bike is a arm and leg now. Shepherd from fisher Ill has 250000 in his Pro ET street car. Its 10 years old..

King1
05-09-2018, 01:40 AM
I personally dont want to see rules opened up, then you'd ser everybody chasing some f1 bs like a blown diffuser.

The 1.5 mile tracks are the best they have. Charlotte is not texas and texas isnt atlanta

California isnt michigan by no means.

The new repaves are killing the on track product due to speeds.

The front splitter needs to go

Stop hanging on to dale sr, hes been dead for 17 years and ive watched some awesome races since then.

They'll never be on dirt because the cars arent made for it and a dirt track couldnt hold enough people to pay the purse

The points system inst great but in order to be relevant in todays sports world, fans crave authenticity.

Winston pulling out didnt destroy the sport.

I watched some real snoozers growing up at plenty of tracks not 1.5 mile tracks.

With todays politics and division amongst two parties, nascar and massive fuel consumption, ozone depletion, drunks, trump supporters, and guns arent widely accepted in the liberal camp. Not every nascar race attendee back then were republicans.

Brian France endorsing trump hurt the sport because it essentially lost half its fan base.

The rules have been ultra tight since the late 90's, it was never really made public til the recent years

Tight body rules has forced extra wind tunnel time and exploitation of grey areas that are diffucult to achieve with low budget teams so maybe the camera inspection station needs to go.

Nascar circa 2000, 2001, or 2002, would be a joke in 2018.

Nobody will replace dale sr because the fans will never let it happen even though Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart are better drivers. The problem with that is new people will never try the sport because all the nostalgic people say "it aint worth a quarter since dale died on that tragic day in daytona 17 years ago"

Nascar drivers arent country boys anymore, theyre respected, well rounded, lean, in shape, and wreck more people today to win than dale sr did, but they get called dale sr wannabes rather than get applauded for it like dale sr did.

The day the nostalgic fans shuts up and lets go of dale sr, winston cigarettes, old points systems, and pieces of junk off the showroom floor then maybe the talk about nascar would be more positive and actually spark peoples interest in going

Who in their right mind would buy a ford fusion off the showroom floor, take a mile of wire out, backup camera, touch screen dash, two heater cores, an a/c system, trash the doors and make new ones from sheet metal, salvage the front bumper and rear bumper, lose the unibody structure and build a tube chassis to make a race car??? Why dont the manufacturer just supply us with the nose and rear bumper and let us make a sophisticated race car that looks similar to whats on showroom floor.
Oh wait thats what we are doing now because it makes sense.

In closing, nascar will never grow until its nostalgic fan base gets rid of the bag phone and upgrades to an iphone and realizes that everything changes and we need to embrace it. Not call it a SOB quit watching because richard childress brought back the number 3.

BloomerHarvickFan
05-09-2018, 07:04 AM
That is a very well thought out response King 1 and I think you are pretty much on the money.
One thing I would like to see is new tracks....and they are built right into the old tracks. The infield Road Courses. If the Charlotte race goes well, I think we'll see this start trending. Nascar needs to tell all the tracks that have infield courses, that they will rotate through them with a different one running the road course for one of it's races.
This year it's Charlotte, maybe next year Pocono, the next Daytona, etc.

CageFaraday
05-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Hasn't been the same since Dale Sr died. Need more Guns. Go Trump, you the man. Need to get back to a more stock appearing car. Anybody seen my cigarettes? This wanna be stick and ball sport format blows, bring back the real points system and ditch all these cookie cutter tracks, we don't all live in Charlotte. There, did I quote enough cliche's for you? Personally I could care less about freaking cigarettes, I don't smoke. I do miss Dale Sr, but not because he wrecked people, if that's all you got from Dale, then you aren't as smart or observant as you think you are. Dale spoke to the same segment of the population that Trump spoke to, working blur collar people. Dale stood up to the establishment, he wasn't a corporate Nascar "Yes Man". Which driver can you say does that today? Crickets. You may not like what the base has to say or our opinions, but to our credit during our heyday we didn't have crashing TV and attendance numbers, we were growing, both dirt & asphalt. Since the mid 00's when Nascar started making a concerted effort to attract the Millenial generation, things have done nothing but decline. Down, down, down. You see Nascar use to be set apart from other sports, something Millenials can't grasp since they are educated to be socilists by the public education system. They've been given every opportunity to support the sport and they don't. Now your solution to fix things is more of the same only the base isn't allowed to speak or have a different opinion. Sounds like ANTIFA, block free speech so they are the only ones heard. The proof is in the pudding, Nascar changed from top to bottom to attract the Millenials and they don't want it and it has nothing to do with the base pointing things we've learned through the decades that don't work. Youthful enthusiasm isn't always the best or only solution. Dirt late model was dying in the early 80's from the wedge, people were dropping out in large numbers, but they saw the writing on the wall and changed the rules to go back to being more like where DLM started, with smaller bodies. The racers returned, the fans exploded and we had a run through the late 80's and into the early 00's that was unbelievable. They say it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, now its time for Nascar and the Millenials can admit they are wrong too and fix it. You don't know Dale or what he stood for at all.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-09-2018, 10:06 AM
TV money pays the purse, not the front gate.

Josh Bayko
05-09-2018, 10:14 AM
One thing that would help immensely? Use cars that look like actual Camaros, Mustangs, and Supras as cars, with very minimal aero garbage added. Those cars are cool. Mom’s sedan with gargantuan spoilers and a fake nose of some other model is not.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Hasn't been the same since Dale Sr died. Need more Guns. Go Trump, you the man. Need to get back to a more stock appearing car. Anybody seen my cigarettes? This wanna be stick and ball sport format blows, bring back the real points system and ditch all these cookie cutter tracks, we don't all live in Charlotte. There, did I quote enough cliche's for you? Personally I could care less about freaking cigarettes, I don't smoke. I do miss Dale Sr, but not because he wrecked people, if that's all you got from Dale, then you aren't as smart or observant as you think you are. Dale spoke to the same segment of the population that Trump spoke to, working blur collar people. Dale stood up to the establishment, he wasn't a corporate Nascar "Yes Man". Which driver can you say does that today? Crickets. You may not like what the base has to say or our opinions, but to our credit during our heyday we didn't have crashing TV and attendance numbers, we were growing, both dirt & asphalt. Since the mid 00's when Nascar started making a concerted effort to attract the Millenial generation, things have done nothing but decline. Down, down, down. You see Nascar use to be set apart from other sports, something Millenials can't grasp since they are educated to be socilists by the public education system. They've been given every opportunity to support the sport and they don't. Now your solution to fix things is more of the same only the base isn't allowed to speak or have a different opinion. Sounds like ANTIFA, block free speech so they are the only ones heard. The proof is in the pudding, Nascar changed from top to bottom to attract the Millenials and they don't want it and it has nothing to do with the base pointing things we've learned through the decades that don't work. Youthful enthusiasm isn't always the best or only solution. Dirt late model was dying in the early 80's from the wedge, people were dropping out in large numbers, but they saw the writing on the wall and changed the rules to go back to being more like where DLM started, with smaller bodies. The racers returned, the fans exploded and we had a run through the late 80's and into the early 00's that was unbelievable. They say it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, now its time for Nascar and the Millenials can admit they are wrong too and fix it. You don't know Dale or what he stood for at all.Dale 100% embraced corporate America. Started DEI, was in on I think it was Sports Image, trademarked his signature, and so on. Yes, I know Trump “spoke” to us blue collar types. And I for a bit was eating up his BS, but he was never blue collar, and I’ve never liked him since the 90’s no matter what political letter you put by his name.

You realize you are stereotyping just as King was, and neither of you is 100% correct or 100% wrong. You all and society wanna paint people in these (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) boxes and slap labels on them to suit your views. My kids go to a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good PUBLIC school and it is parenting that teaches them how to view things. Not the schools, parenting. Kids are how are they because of their parents, and hate to burst your bubble, but that also crosses political boundaries. Millennials are who they are because of the parents. The same people who complain about the millennials need to look in the mirror, they created the very thing they bitch about.

NASCAR needs to embrace the new and the old, they just did wayyy too much of the new, and said fu to the old.

And I’m not trying to pick on you, but public schools surely are not the issue. Most of us can not afford private schools, and those of us with children when we pick where to live, we look at the schools ratings. And I don’t want my kids in private schools anyway. I want them to see all social backgrounds, not just those who can afford the crazy amount it costs for a private education. I went to public schools also, they did not shape me. My parents, and life shaped me, not some school.

NASCAR just needs to incorporate both new and old, and do away with some of the cookie cutter tracks and instill a different points system. Somehow combine the new and old possibly. And add some tracks with flavor. Rockingham as I’d mentioned earlier, and North Wilkesboro. Couple of road courses too, like the Gilles Villenvue??.

RiffRaf67
05-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Top 10 reasons
Why Nascar can kiss my ass:

Re-writing history. Dale didnt win 7 SPRINT cups, he won 7 WINSTON cups.
Out of Bounds.
Competition Yellows.
The Chase.
Swig points and all the other sponsor bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).
Penalties for cussing and fighting.
Green White Checker.
Mystery Debris Cautions.
Closed Pit Road to spectators.
Pit Road Speed.
Restrictor Plates.
Digger.
Sponsored in car cams.
Every politically correct interview ever.

King1
05-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Youre right i dont know what dale stood for because i never was a fan, i have never been a bandwagoner. I grew up in the 90's and the only races he ran good was 98 daytona 500, 99 bristol, 2000 atlanta, 2000 talladega. Ray Evernham will forever (in my opinion) be the most influential person in nascar history. His ideas are still seen today with all nascar teams, chad knaus perfected the ray evernham system and has been more successful than anybody.

CIRF
05-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Once again my quote option won't work (would someone figure out why and correct it!!)but CnBF sums it up nicely throughout his post, especially the first paragraph. Well done CnBF.

Josh Bayko
05-09-2018, 11:45 AM
I totally agree with more road courses. Circuit of the Americas and Laguna Seca should absolutely be on the schedule at least, and Road Atlanta, Road America and Mid Ohio should be considered.

rickybrown1952
05-09-2018, 11:46 AM
I personally dont want to see rules opened up, then you'd ser everybody chasing some f1 bs like a blown diffuser. The 1.5 mile tracks are the best they have. Charlotte is not texas and texas isnt atlantaCalifornia isnt michigan by no means.The new repaves are killing the on track product due to speeds.The front splitter needs to goStop hanging on to dale sr, hes been dead for 17 years and ive watched some awesome races since then.They'll never be on dirt because the cars arent made for it and a dirt track couldnt hold enough people to pay the purseThe points system inst great but in order to be relevant in todays sports world, fans crave authenticity. Winston pulling out didnt destroy the sport.I watched some real snoozers growing up at plenty of tracks not 1.5 mile tracks.With todays politics and division amongst two parties, nascar and massive fuel consumption, ozone depletion, drunks, trump supporters, and guns arent widely accepted in the liberal camp. Not every nascar race attendee back then were republicans.Brian France endorsing trump hurt the sport because it essentially lost half its fan base.The rules have been ultra tight since the late 90's, it was never really made public til the recent yearsTight body rules has forced extra wind tunnel time and exploitation of grey areas that are diffucult to achieve with low budget teams so maybe the camera inspection station needs to go.Nascar circa 2000, 2001, or 2002, would be a joke in 2018.Nobody will replace dale sr because the fans will never let it happen even though Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart are better drivers. The problem with that is new people will never try the sport because all the nostalgic people say "it aint worth a quarter since dale died on that tragic day in daytona 17 years ago"Nascar drivers arent country boys anymore, theyre respected, well rounded, lean, in shape, and wreck more people today to win than dale sr did, but they get called dale sr wannabes rather than get applauded for it like dale sr did.The day the nostalgic fans shuts up and lets go of dale sr, winston cigarettes, old points systems, and pieces of junk off the showroom floor then maybe the talk about nascar would be more positive and actually spark peoples interest in goingWho in their right mind would buy a ford fusion off the showroom floor, take a mile of wire out, backup camera, touch screen dash, two heater cores, an a/c system, trash the doors and make new ones from sheet metal, salvage the front bumper and rear bumper, lose the unibody structure and build a tube chassis to make a race car??? Why dont the manufacturer just supply us with the nose and rear bumper and let us make a sophisticated race car that looks similar to whats on showroom floor.Oh wait thats what we are doing now because it makes sense.In closing, nascar will never grow until its nostalgic fan base gets rid of the bag phone and upgrades to an iphone and realizes that everything changes and we need to embrace it. Not call it a SOB quit watching because richard childress brought back the number 3.Their is no way nascar lost 1/2 of its fan base just cause mr. France endorsed president trump jmo.

Cardirt0
05-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Stock bodied cars would be a big thing. hard to Cheer for a Camaro that dont look like a Camaro. No Yellow at the end of a the stage point just give them the points, Why stop the race thats Dumb. If you got 46 cars start 46 cars. The track will hold them if you there and got a car you should race.. and thats just a start of whats needed.
No wind tunnel testing. no shakers that cost 400000 bucks. Or if you use a shaker all can use the same shaker but put a time limit on it for all of them.

Cardirt0
05-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Just think a Dodge Challenger,and Z28 ls6 Camaro and a Mustang and the other car Toyota have the 86 LOL Now lets race.

Josh Bayko
05-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Just think a Dodge Challenger,and Z28 ls6 Camaro and a Mustang and the other car Toyota have the 86 LOL Now lets race.

Toyota is bringing back the Supra, or they could use the Lexus RC-F.

Cardirt0
05-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Toyota is bringing back the Supra, or they could use the Lexus RC-F.

When i punched in Toyota them did not come up. Though there was more not a T fan. Lexus forgot about them.. But it would be better with real car bodys..

CIRF
05-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Ray Evernham will forever (in my opinion) be the most influential person in nascar history. His ideas are still seen today with all nascar teams, chad knaus perfected the ray evernham system and has been more successful than anybody.More successful than anybody? It would be very, very hard to find anyone connected to, or has any knowledge whatsoever about NASCAR racing that would not rank Dale Inman ahead of either Evernham or Knaus in regards to success as a Cup crew chief. Just so we're clear here, Dale Inman won 8 Cup Championships working with 2 different drivers and has more Cup victories as a crew chief than anyone. A LOT more! Dale Inman was the original prototype for the present day NASCAR Cup crew chief with innovations such as delegation of duties of the various crew members and was the first to devise driver/pit radio communications. You're welcome to your opinion but the numbers and facts do not support it.

Clayton_Wetter
05-09-2018, 01:19 PM
C & B the schools were much different before LBJ implemented the Department of Education. Now they do influence our children, sadly. They even co-opt them for agendas like gun control, money and political causes are working on our children's minds and the DOE needs to be abolished. Many Colleges are becoming places of controlled thinking and the end of free speech and opinions.

Too much to point out and this is a section for race talk I know.

Josh Bayko
05-09-2018, 01:20 PM
When i punched in Toyota them did not come up. Though there was more not a T fan. Lexus forgot about them.. But it would be better with real car bodys..

It’s not coming back till’ 19 or 20, I forget which year. It’s actually a collaboration with BMW and is going to use the same platform as the BMW Z4.

Clayton_Wetter
05-09-2018, 01:23 PM
To me NASCAR is ran by people who thought change was for the better and they started ruining a good thing when "The Chase" was created and has only gotten worse since.

mcarter815
05-09-2018, 01:54 PM
The worst part of NASCAR is the fans. They are never happy.

KAOS
05-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Honestly the TV coverage is horrible they don't even show the race just pick out their favorites and follow them. There multiple times any given weekend they will say Driver A is battling driver B for a postion even though Driver B has caught and passed Driver A a good rule of thumb is Denny Hamlin is never being passed he is always trying to pass someone even if that person was 2 secs behind him 15 laps ago.

A couple of weeks ago at Richmond there was a battle for the lead and they left that to go thier in race segment were all of the get to tell you who to look for. Basically yeah there is a battle for the lead but lets show you Denny Hamlin in 12th by himself because DW thinks he is going to win because he is in a Toyota.

I laugh when they are shocked that the 18-20yr olds aren't winning all the races and basically sucking everyweek. They will say He won the Xfinitiy Championship at 19 wow yeah without realizing he was also racing all 18-22 yr olds except for Elliot Sadler and Justin Algiaer the odds are a 19 yr old might win the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.

The Talledega Xfinity race was won by Spencer Gallagher whose dad is the CEO of Alegiant Airlines and also owns his race team the Kid has won 1 other race in ARCA with highest points finish of 7th in ARCA (2012) yet if this kid were to come back from being suspended (Drugs) and go to to cup next year I bet the TV clowns would be talking him up like he has accomplished a lot .

I only bring this up because the road from the local track to Nascar is all about gone they have their own way to get their with these kiddie car series and they bypass the local track they come from Legends and what not that in someway turns into whose parents is going to spend more money on thier kid. These kids aren't rising stars on the local level going against the locals who always seem to win. They are rising stars among a select group of peers K&N East and K&N west . There is almost 0 chance of a guy like Greg Biffle would ever be given a shot in a car today because of the Idea that they need to be in Xfinity by the age of 18.

MI Dirt Fan
05-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Darrell Waltrip needs to go. Period. One reason why if it's available at the time, I listen on the radio.

Cardirt0
05-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Darrell Waltrip needs to go. Period. One reason why if it's available at the time, I listen on the radio.

Saying he $ucks is being nice...

Clayton_Wetter
05-09-2018, 05:01 PM
The worst part of NASCAR is the fans. They are never happy.

Maybe they all finally got tard of standing up all the time. lol

King1
05-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Listening to DW give insight on Sirius XM radio is pretty good. I just wish he could carry that over to TV, unfortunately he has to cheese it up.

So my best friend Jim Caudill Jr was into sim racing real heavy and ran street stocks at a NASCAR sanctioned track in Coeburn Va back in 2011.

He got to be buddies with Dale Jr and often chatted with him on AIM, he asked dale if he could run his late model sometime. Dale told him it would cost him 5k per race, minimum of two. So Jim's parents came up with 5k and Dale Jr worked with Iracing to come up with the other 5k (unexpected) He went to Charlotte, got to meet Dale and his bro in law LW Miller and got fitted for the 88 car.

Took him to Motor Mile and tested, ran some killer laps and LW was impressed.

The night of the first race was rained out so he went back next week for twin 100's which was his two races.

He was bad in qualifying and started 22nd. By the end of the first race he finished 11th while Josh Berry was 10th.

He drove by Berry in the 2nd race despite Berry putting visine in his Gatorade and finished 7th. Better than Dale Jr's hired gun and never have been in a Late Model before.

Jim thought that would help him land a ride with Dale Jr. But unfortunately he was out of money and JRM was no longer interested in having him in their equipment despite being the better driver.

I tell the story to say this. Asphalt racing is nasty and doesn't do well for people with talent and no cash. At the end of the day the people with the most money get to the top.

The NASCAR world certainly left a bad taste in his mouth.

thexfactor0210
05-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Josh berry put visine in his gatorade? Seriously?

MI Dirt Fan
05-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Josh berry put visine in his gatorade? Seriously?

Thought the same thing lol

bullring
05-10-2018, 05:32 AM
Listening to DW give insight on Sirius XM radio is pretty good. I just wish he could carry that over to TV, unfortunately he has to cheese it up.

So my best friend Jim Caudill Jr was into sim racing real heavy and ran street stocks at a NASCAR sanctioned track in Coeburn Va back in 2011.

He got to be buddies with Dale Jr and often chatted with him on AIM, he asked dale if he could run his late model sometime. Dale told him it would cost him 5k per race, minimum of two. So Jim's parents came up with 5k and Dale Jr worked with Iracing to come up with the other 5k (unexpected) He went to Charlotte, got to meet Dale and his bro in law LW Miller and got fitted for the 88 car.

Took him to Motor Mile and tested, ran some killer laps and LW was impressed.

The night of the first race was rained out so he went back next week for twin 100's which was his two races.

He was bad in qualifying and started 22nd. By the end of the first race he finished 11th while Josh Berry was 10th.

He drove by Berry in the 2nd race despite Berry putting visine in his Gatorade and finished 7th. Better than Dale Jr's hired gun and never have been in a Late Model before.

Jim thought that would help him land a ride with Dale Jr. But unfortunately he was out of money and JRM was no longer interested in having him in their equipment despite being the better driver.

I tell the story to say this. Asphalt racing is nasty and doesn't do well for people with talent and no cash. At the end of the day the people with the most money get to the top.

The NASCAR world certainly left a bad taste in his mouth.

See this scenario a lot around my area. Kids with money backing them out on the track wrecking cars while talented older drivers struggle to get a car on the track if at all.

super_latemodel_fan
05-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Where did most of these guys start? Short track racing?

Why go back to it? Because they enjoy racing. It's not full time, it's not high stakes, it's for Fun with the boys and because they can, if they choose to.

What do the fans get out of it? A chance to see "Champion" drivers at their local track competing against their local fan favorites.

Never said these guys would just show up for free. Nascar is dying a slow death and local tar-car short track racing isn't far behind.

They wouldn't be showing up to help their former employer, they would be showing up to breath life into short track racing and pay homage to their roots as drivers.

Valid points and point taken.

ThebigE
05-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Who cares about NASCAR. It completely sucks and races last forever.

CIRF
05-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Who cares about NASCAR. It completely sucks and races last forever.

Don't know how old you are or what racing you've followed throughout your lifetime up until this point but there was a day, and not all that terribly long ago, when NASCAR Cup racing was as interesting and exciting as any form of racing in the world. Those of us who took an interest in Cup racing through those days are saddened by how it's been gutted and trivialized by silly rules and policies over the past decade and a half. Many of us would love to see it regain that excitement and relevance.

Bottom line is this, your opinion of Cup racing today is legit and is shared by myself and many, many others but it hasn't always been this way and if it can be revived to it's former glory it would make a lot of us very happy.

PRCKartRacer9
05-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Only being 32 years old, I remember when it was fun to watch. Never attended a race but always heard they were fun as well. I was at Pennsboro in diapers and grew up at Buckeye and R&R. I would rather watch a pure stock C main on YouTube from Hawaii than watch NASCAR today. It’s sad because the money has for sure ruined it. I think Sr would be embarrassed to be associated with some of these crybabies today

King1
05-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Yes, Berry handed him a gatorade and said it would help. He guzzled it down and got the screaming craps about 10 minutes later. Almost missed the call to the grid.

Centeroff
05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Last place at the Daytona 500 received 275k$$ Why wouldn’t Hendrick or Stewart Hass loan Kenseth a car that will run minimum pace and pocket 200k minimum if the car isn’t destroyed. Seems like a man with cash could rent race ready cars and make a heluva living. There isn’t 43 cars so all you have to do is run minimum speed and park it after 10 laps. Makes dollars and sense to me

KAOS
05-10-2018, 07:53 PM
A full field is 40 now they cut it from 43 a couple years ago

Centeroff
05-10-2018, 08:02 PM
http://topbet.eu/news/2018-daytona-500-purse-and-prize-money-breakdown.html 43 my man

MI Dirt Fan
05-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Centeroff, that's why Derrick Cope is still around

Centeroff
05-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Exactly. I’d just run a half lap back and let half the field crash and make a real payday lol. Super speedway racing is trash

J20in1st
05-10-2018, 08:17 PM

Been saying this for years. Go to a short track format. Time trial heat race b main and a feature. Daytona, Taladega and nothing bigger than Bristol. You'll start seeing fans return.

However, they own too many large tracks and it'll bankrupt too many people to leet the big tracks sit.

They have to decide fix raxing, small tracks, or keep friends out of bankruptcy

a25rjr
05-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Plain and simple......FIRE Brian France and put Humpy Wheeler in charge!

lazyifoto
05-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Rob Kauffman will own the majority ownership of NASCAR.....remember that you heard it here.

ThebigE
05-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Don't know how old you are or what racing you've followed throughout your lifetime up until this point but there was a day, and not all that terribly long ago, when NASCAR Cup racing was as interesting and exciting as any form of racing in the world. Those of us who took an interest in Cup racing through those days are saddened by how it's been gutted and trivialized by silly rules and policies over the past decade and a half. Many of us would love to see it regain that excitement and relevance.

Bottom line is this, your opinion of Cup racing today is legit and is shared by myself and many, many others but it hasn't always been this way and if it can be revived to it's former glory it would make a lot of us very happy.
I used to watch every race every Sunday all through the late 90's until up about 3-4 years ago. I bet I haven't watched a total of 6 hours of NASCAR since. I've been to Bristol, Michigan, Martinsville, Charlotte for the 600 and All-Star race, Indianapolis, Daytona. I've started spending my time and money on traveling around to regional dirt tracks following the late models mainly, while hitting a few WoO sprint shows. I can go to multiple dirt tracks on any given Fri & Sat night (Sometimes hitting 2 tracks the same weekend) and watch better racing and save a lot of money and don't need to be there for 6 - 8 hours like NASCAR.

buster83
05-12-2018, 09:27 AM
all them dam fricken pit road penalties,water bottle cautions, debris suspect cautions,and know stage fricken racing and all these stupid chase points racing is all this fricken crap necessary to keep dragging these races on and on and even green white checkered dragging it on and on,granted goodyear is a good asphalt tire but there are others just as good if not better than goodyear brings some terrible tires to some tracks and it really shows it`s pitiful is due to the lack of testing, nascar needs a big change asap.

ride height
05-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Throw the restrictor plates in the dumpster, and I can assure everyone, youll have to fight to get a ticket to Daytona or Dega. Its not rocket science. People want speed and danger. Why they ever started screwing with it just makes no sense. They had the sports world by the balls, now they cant give tickets away. Sad

Shiny Side Up 18
05-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Throw the restrictor plates in the dumpster, and I can assure everyone, youll have to fight to get a ticket to Daytona or Dega. Its not rocket science. People want speed and danger. Why they ever started screwing with it just makes no sense. They had the sports world by the balls, now they cant give tickets away. Sad If they could guarantee that no cars would end up in the stands, they probably would. If a 1955 Lemans style tragedy were to happen in this age of social media, auto racing as a whole would be over.