PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions.

hardracer32
05-10-2018, 08:56 PM
1. How much are we talking about to build a 360 ASCS/USCS Sprint Car from scratch? I'm talking about 1 turnkey car, race ready. Something that will be competitive.

2. Do any of the primary chassis builders make a car with an extended c**kpit for drivers with long legs?

3. Is an ASCS/USCS type 360 Sprint legal for USAC sprint competition in any form, or are USAC Sprints strictly 410 cars?

Chances are that I'll never be able to afford to get back into racing again anyway, but I'm curious anyway. But, if I were able to do it again, I'm pretty sure I would turn my back on the late model scene and go open wheel racing. If not Sprints and Midgets then at least open wheel mods or something like that.

Any serious answers are greatly appreciated.

fast_crew
11-29-2018, 09:18 PM
You can buy a decent roller for around $6000, a used engine for around $10,000. A 360 could be used in the USAC wingless sprints and be competitive on most tracks.

CageFaraday
12-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Maxim offers a "Tall Cage" option as well as a "Big Boy" option, which moves driver back some. Most everybody offers the tall cage though.