PDA

View Full Version : ??? about DOD

MEE
05-12-2018, 07:32 PM
May just be an old man thinking, but have they stopped covering $3,4,5K shows in ohio ky wva and tn.

I thought they did before??

DirtonDirt
05-13-2018, 05:51 PM
May just be an old man thinking, but have they stopped covering $3,4,5K shows in ohio ky wva and tn.

I thought they did before??

If anything it’s probably the opposite ... as we’ve added more shooters for this year than ever before. We certainly would love to cover EVERY race, but it’s almost impossible to get that many staffers on one given weekend.

But to your direct question not at all, and so far this year have particularly covered many of those states with shooters, in races with the exact winners purses you’re talking about.

When the season “heats up” I’m sure you’ll notice it even more.

Michael Rigsby
DirtonDirt.com

willardboy
05-13-2018, 06:38 PM
DOD is a ripoff! IMO

In The Gas
05-13-2018, 07:00 PM
DoD is great and far from a rip off. Thanks DoD for all the coverage you provide.Sure is nice to see a race when I can't make it.

dirt junkie
05-13-2018, 07:52 PM
DoD is the easiest 100 bucks I spend each year. Where else you gonna go to get that much info?

Keep diggin’ Rigsby and crew

TerryM
05-13-2018, 08:04 PM
DoD is better than ever. But I still hate Duke lol.

Bigdirtfan
05-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Dod is a bargain, great coverage lots of different tracks. The videos play great on my phone, i do wish i could get them to play on my smart tv without buffering. I would be willing to pay even more if i could get them to play on the tv.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-13-2018, 08:50 PM
DOD is a ripoff! IMOPlease explain how it’s a rip off.

GEAR_HEAD
05-13-2018, 08:50 PM
DOD is a ripoff! IMO

Being able to watch every Summernantionals race is worth the price alone. How is it a "ripoff"? A ripoff is when a company makes false claims abiut their product and doesn't deliver, so why do you feel DoD has done that?

MEE
05-13-2018, 09:52 PM
I'm not complaining at all about the price.
I was just wondering why there were no races on video yet from the states i said,like tyler co.,201.

Centeroff
05-13-2018, 10:22 PM
I always see the local race results but honestly I haven’t seen many smaller show videos as in the past. Either way, I have more than the 8$ a month they charge. Appreciate all you guys at DOD. Even with all the favoritism to Rocket chassis but sponsors pay the bills and smart business is good business

Shiny Side Up 18
05-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Even with all the favoritism to Rocket chassisUh oh...This thread is gonna go poof now. Lol :)

jr29
05-14-2018, 12:02 AM
Being able to watch every Summernantionals race is worth the price alone. How is it a "ripoff"? A ripoff is when a company makes false claims abiut their product and doesn't deliver, so why do you feel DoD has done that?

I look forward to the Summer Nationals coverage every year.

Pennsboro23
05-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Dod is a bargain, great coverage lots of different tracks. The videos play great on my phone, i do wish i could get them to play on my smart tv without buffering. I would be willing to pay even more if i could get them to play on the tv.

It's most likely your internet. They stream fine on all my devices.

BerckFan
05-14-2018, 08:36 AM
I'm not complaining at all about the price.
I was just wondering why there were no races on video yet from the states i said,like tyler co.,201.

The Ultimate race at Tyler Co. is up on DoD...just sayin ;)

willardboy
05-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Its a ripoff because last year I went to St Louis for the Gateway Nationals. I noticed on my debit card that I had been charged for the PPV for that event. All I did was question them about it. My family and I all attended the race had our ticket stubs and motel receipts.. I didnt give out my DOD account information to anyone therefore there was no way that I had ordered the PPV. After several days of emailing back and forth I did eventually get my money credited to my card but my subscription was cancelled and will not be allowed to be renewed. Why should I have to pay for something that I didnt purchse? Why was I not allowed to renew my subscription? Thats a ripoff ! I did nothing to deserve being banned from DOD. All I did was question why I was charged for something that I did not purchase.... which is what I would assume you would do also?

Midwest Racer Online
05-14-2018, 09:21 AM
They are far from a ripoff............It Sounds to me like you have the issue and not DOD, I'd guess either you purchased it and can't remember or one of your friends has your account info and they did it....... If this was a common theme then you could possibly blame DOD, but this sounds like a one time isolated incident so my guess is this is all on you or one of your friends. I'm pretty certain they can research it and see which IP address the order came from.

willardboy
05-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Yep..... issues with me. lol. I had been a member for years and never ordered a PPV event EVER and no one has my account information not even my sons who love the sport more that me. I guess what I should have done is allow them to screw me out of the money and not even questioned it! Im sure thats what you would have done. DA

Pennsboro23
05-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Yep..... issues with me. lol. I had been a member for years and never ordered a PPV event EVER and no one has my account information not even my sons who love the sport more that me. I guess what I should have done is allow them to screw me out of the money and not even questioned it! Im sure thats what you would have done. DA

LOL, I'm willing to bet the problem was on your end.

UMPDream
05-14-2018, 10:22 AM
DOD is a ripoff! IMO

Ripoff? Do you remember a time where all we had was 4m.net? I sure do! And let me say this, DoD has brought an enormous amount of attention to our sport and without them, we would all be relying on reading 200 Facebook posts just to see who won etc... DoD is one of the best things to happen to our sport. I've been around this sport long enough to know.

Illtsate32
05-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Willardboy is it possible that you could have ordered it on accident or something? Im not saying I dont believe you thats just really unlucky for you if thats how it went down. As for being banned how hard would it be to create another account? Have you tried taliking to Rigsby or someone from DoD ovr the phone in person about why they will not renew? Im sure you guys can work this out I dont think they would do that out of spite unless there is more to it than you are saying...

zyoung25
05-14-2018, 11:23 AM
I had something similair like that happen with me once, and they were were cool about it. Which I wasn't real upset about it when they were notified it happened. I just simply bought a PPV on accident. It took a couple days, but i got my money back.

Jking24
05-14-2018, 11:39 AM
They've always been very easy to deal with and i would imagine he didn't get banned that account just got closed just the same as any other account that had a security breach would. It's nothing personal it's too prevent future occurrences. Obviously their was a security breach because dod doesn't automatically charge anyone for anything but annual renewals. It's not like you can have ity setup where you get the pay per views with out having to go threw the ordering process. You can't even have it charged to your account you have to go through the whole deal every time.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2018, 02:04 PM
And just to add to this, not really a rip off when they supposedly are stopping you from ordering DoD. They are stopping you from giving them money. If they were being shady, they’d take your money, cancel the subscription, and not refund you. That’s shady. Not canceling your subscription because of a security breach, dispute over a PPV charge.

brsteg
05-14-2018, 02:43 PM
I don't like highlights and I don't like tape delay. I like live auto racing. DoD charges extra for their live shows even if you are a subscriber (you get a meager discount.)

For that reason, I'm out.

dirt crow
05-14-2018, 03:01 PM
I love hot women, cold beer, Donnie Baker, President Trump, and DoD!!!

Mindwalker
05-14-2018, 03:55 PM
DOD is a ripoff! IMO

I agree! 👍

GEAR_HEAD
05-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Its a ripoff because last year I went to St Louis for the Gateway Nationals. I noticed on my debit card that I had been charged for the PPV for that event. All I did was question them about it. My family and I all attended the race had our ticket stubs and motel receipts.. I didnt give out my DOD account information to anyone therefore there was no way that I had ordered the PPV. After several days of emailing back and forth I did eventually get my money credited to my card but my subscription was cancelled and will not be allowed to be renewed. Why should I have to pay for something that I didnt purchse? Why was I not allowed to renew my subscription? Thats a ripoff ! I did nothing to deserve being banned from DOD. All I did was question why I was charged for something that I did not purchase.... which is what I would assume you would do also?

That doesn't even make sense. Why would you ask about the PPV if you were going? The mistake was definitely on your end. Don't blame others for your mistake.

Finnfan
05-14-2018, 05:53 PM
I love hot women, cold beer, Donnie Baker, President Trump, and DoD!!!

I swear to God...

a25rjr
05-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Some of you "Yankees" are spoiled....jk

Dod is the best. Since I live in the deep south, once Speedweeks is over, there are no slm races close by. I get to se plenty of live races between Dod and Lucas tv.

A couple years ago, I was having trouble watching a ppv, and Rigsby emailed me his cell phone number and I talked to him at the track. You CANT ask for better service than that!

fwiw....One of my computers have always gave me some problems with all the buffering. I recently upgraded to Uverses finest and have had zero issues!

dirt crow
05-14-2018, 10:12 PM
I swear to God...

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

TackyTracker
05-15-2018, 12:41 AM
I'm guessing I've ordered 20 PPV events on DoD and I've always had to put my info in.... Everytime

willardboy
05-15-2018, 07:46 AM
That doesn't even make sense. Why would you ask about the PPV if you were going? The mistake was definitely on your end. Don't blame others for your mistake.Wft? I went to the race with my family. I then notice that I was charged for the PPV. I didnt ask about ordering the PPV. I questioned why I was charged because I was at the race and obviously didnt order it. Can I explain it any more simple than that? Blame others for my mistake??? lol. Do i need to dumb it down any more for you? Take your time buddy and slow down and re-read what I said happened.

JMDraceHD98
05-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Wft? I went to the race with my family. I then notice that I was charged for the PPV. I didnt ask about ordering the PPV. I questioned why I was charged because I was at the race and obviously didnt order it. Can I explain it any more simple than that? Blame others for my mistake??? lol. Do i need to dumb it down any more for you? Take your time buddy and slow down and re-read what I said happened.

Literally someone would have had to log into your DOD account. Then they would have to have your credit card information to enter in to order the PPV. DOD doesn't save your credit card information on the website, you have to add it every time. Don't you think if someone stole your credit card information they would make purchases somewhere else than DOD? I mean come on man....i don't blame DOD for giving you the axe. Sounds all around shady!

willardboy
05-15-2018, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=JMDraceHD98;2183741]Literally someone would have had to log into your DOD account. Then they would have to have your credit card information to enter in to order the PPV. DOD doesn't save your credit card information on the website, you have to add it every time. Don't you think if someone stole your credit card information they would make purchases somewhere else than DOD? I mean come on man....i don't blame DOD for giving you the axe. Sounds all around shady![/QUOTEAll I know is that my family and I went to the race. We were charged for the PPV and I didn't watch or order it. Therefore I'm not paying for it. Pretty simple really. Pretty sure you wouldn't want to pay for it either if you were at the race.

Josh Bayko
05-15-2018, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=JMDraceHD98;2183741]Literally someone would have had to log into your DOD account. Then they would have to have your credit card information to enter in to order the PPV. DOD doesn't save your credit card information on the website, you have to add it every time. Don't you think if someone stole your credit card information they would make purchases somewhere else than DOD? I mean come on man....i don't blame DOD for giving you the axe. Sounds all around shady![/QUOTEAll I know is that my family and I went to the race. We were charged for the PPV and I didn't watch or order it. Therefore I'm not paying for it. Pretty simple really. Pretty sure you wouldn't want to pay for it either if you were at the race.

None of your story adds up. Not a word of it.

W2Racing09
05-15-2018, 10:38 AM
DOD is far from a rip off. I don't follow Late Models as much anymore and no longer subscribe, but from time to time I consider it even though I don't even follow anything but the National tours anymore. The only things I hate about DOD is Duke Basketball, and the fact that they have not started a Sprint Car version of DOD yet. I'm ready Rigsby, take my money again!

(PS: I know about Sprint unlimited, and would totally sign up if they offered highlights like DOD)

Mudweiser
05-15-2018, 10:44 AM
DoD is better than ever. But I still hate Duke lol.

I second that! Duck Fuke!! Keep doing what y'all do DoD, best $100 I spend during the year..

Kwd1253
05-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Post a screen shot of the email you sent to them. I have feeling it said more than “hey, why was charge for ppv order that I didn’t by because I was at the gateway? Here screen shot of my tickets that showed I went to the event.”, or was it more hey didn’t order ppv fix it or delete my account.

Chris Thomason
05-15-2018, 11:30 AM
It's gotta be pretty cool for the Dod crew to see several people have their backs and help protect the product. What a vision Rigsby had and the will to make it happen. The American dream lol....

I can echo you guys... I appreciate dod making it possible for me to watch racing from all over the country. Usually spend my first hours of every Sunday morning checkin out all of it.

Pennsboro23
05-15-2018, 11:52 AM
It's gotta be pretty cool for the Dod crew to see several people have their backs and help protect the product. What a vision Rigsby had and the will to make it happen. The American dream lol....

I can echo you guys... I appreciate dod making it possible for me to watch racing from all over the country. Usually spend my first hours of every Sunday morning checkin out all of it.

Sunday morning ritual with my coffee.

dirt crow
05-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Sunday morning ritual with my coffee.

Same here. 👍🏻

MEE
05-15-2018, 08:21 PM
I will keep DOD as long as I have the money.
I didn't mean to start this bitching!!! back and forth,I just hadn't seen as many local shows as in the past.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-16-2018, 03:53 PM
I will keep DOD as long as I have the money.
I didn't mean to start this bitching!!! back and forth,I just hadn't seen as many local shows as in the past.Man, you were all good. Asked a question, no biggie. There’s only a couple people on here with a stiffy for DoD. I’m not one, canceled DLM magazine, and got DoD, well worth the extra money.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-16-2018, 03:54 PM
I know you didn’t mean too. I’ve seriously thought of gettting Area Auto Racing Nees too. Seeings my beloved Mid-American bit the dust.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Supposed to say News. We gotta fix our mouths, but we cannot fix the quote/edit function to work like it used to.

grumfan
05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
In my 65 years of following all kinds of racing, DoD is the second best thing to happen for dirt racing fans. The best was Thursday night Thunder.

Highside Hustler25
05-17-2018, 04:51 PM
In my 65 years of following all kinds of racing, DoD is the second best thing to happen for dirt racing fans. The best was Thursday night Thunder.

Thursday Night Thunder:cool:
Man, I miss those days. Would be cool if they brought it back.

RIP Rich Vogler.

powerslide
05-18-2018, 09:43 AM
Rigsby and the guys and gals at DoD have such a small niche market that if they were ripping people off they would of already went under, word gets around fast in the racing world.

Let me share my recent story for Michael at DoD. Recently they changed versions or providers on the video portion of the page, it would load about 15 seconds and then start buffering the rest of the video and a lot of the other functions on the videos didn't work correctly. Michael told me he had a couple other complaints from users but couldn't duplicate it. In the past if you had slow internet you could pause it let it load and then come back and watch it buffer free later. Michael kept following up with me and had the issues fixed after a couple weeks.

Trax53
05-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Powerslide, I have those exact same problems, but I haven't asked Michael or any one, just figured it was my internet. What was the diagnosis??

kd1
05-19-2018, 10:22 AM
DoD is better than ever. But I still hate Duke lol. I agree with both points on this post. :)

powerslide
05-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Powerslide, I have those exact same problems, but I haven't asked Michael or any one, just figured it was my internet. What was the diagnosis??

i figured he pushed it to all the videos. Send him an email and he will have you run a couple different tests and try different browsers. He will get it fixed for you