PDA

View Full Version : Compare lucas against woo

bleedsbluer2
05-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Of the current drivers in both series how many from each series has crown jewell and how many total for each series think lucas drivers have to be close to 50 crown jewell wins think woo is around 12

bleedblue55
05-13-2018, 05:15 AM
Who cares, whichever series is in my area I will go see. Atomic and Port Royal last month for Lucas, Atomic next weekend and Port Royal in Aug for WOO. The entire crown jewel cup thing is a product of Lucas marketing now. The Pittsburgher was all but dead but thanks to the defunct NDRL taking it off life support it suddenly became a Jewel because it fit the criteria for laps and payout. This weekends Fayetteville race fit the criteria but since it was WOO sanctioned it wasn't marketed as a crown jewel.

Mams
05-13-2018, 07:31 AM
Just curious but - 1- Who determines if a race is a crown jewel? 2 - If a certain driver from Mooresburg we're to go back to WoO how would that change the statistics? 3 - Are Chub's crown jewel wins included?

dirtcrazy4u
05-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Money, laps, and what I think is the most important factor in being labeled a crown jewel. Not having conflicting dates, and the teams that show up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2018, 08:14 AM
There is one crown jewel. The World 100.

hucktyson
05-13-2018, 08:33 AM
It’s hard to not call the DTWC a crown jewel. The North South has a pretty good case also

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2018, 09:15 AM
North South is a Lucas race. DTWC has warts, but I would probably call it #2.

No_Weak_Links
05-13-2018, 09:22 AM
I would call the Million this year a crown jewel....if they keep it going. You would have to consider... Dream, World, North/South, DTWC, Show-me, Topless.

Krooser
05-13-2018, 09:45 AM
There is one crown jewel. The World 100.

I would tend to agree... maybe the Hillbilly if it ever goes back to Pennsboro.

To me a Crown Jewel would be a race with some history and a tie to drivers past and present.

huskerdirt
05-13-2018, 10:49 AM
I would call the Million this year a crown jewel....if they keep it going. You would have to consider... Dream, World, North/South, DTWC, Show-me, Topless.

I really don’t consider the Show Me and the Topless national crown jewels anymore. I think if you include them, then that opens the door for all the bigger races.

World
Dream
DTWC
North South/Knoxville

After these 5, then it becomes a cluster of races that can make the argument on what is next on the list.

Kwd1253
05-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Agree with husker but the think the hillbilly 100 should be in there. It might change tracks in 98, but they didn't want it to die out with the track. It's older than the dtwc, world 100 and North south. It wasn'the the biggest pay out but it has the history over all the other crown jewel. It took Bloomquist long time win it as well.

North South is a Lucas race. DTWC has warts, but I would probably call it #2.

World 100 is dirtcar ump race. If you want go that route.. north south started way before lucas came along.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2018, 01:45 PM
Agree with husker but the think the hillbilly 100 should be in there. It might change tracks in 98, but they didn't want it to die out with the track. It's older than the dtwc, world 100 and North south. It wasn'the the biggest pay out but it has the history over all the other crown jewel. It took Bloomquist long time win it as well.

World 100 is dirtcar ump race. If you want go that route.. north south started way before lucas came along.
Dirtcar is a weekly sanction that lends a rulebook to the event. There is no dirtcar provisional. There is no Flinner type lap doer in the event.

TBSprintFan
05-14-2018, 03:42 AM
Dirtcar is a weekly sanction that lends a rulebook to the event. There is no dirtcar provisional. There is no Flinner type lap doer in the event.

That would be an excellent way on considering if it is a Crown Jewel or not, if the race has provisionals, then it is not a Crown Jewel and if it does not have any provisionals, then it is a Crown Jewel and must pay at least $50000 to win.

racincowboy02
05-14-2018, 03:51 AM
I would love to see the Blue Gray or the Grassy Smith Memorial race become a Crown Jewel at Cherokee but i don't ever see that happening. I would love to see the Blue Gray actually become a battle between the Southern and Northern drivers that would be awesome but once again will never happen

Centeroff
05-14-2018, 04:24 AM
I would say the true crown jewel races would be the Dream, World 100, Knoxville, DTWC, The Pittsburger. Basically any race that pays 20k or more and races where drivers from both series can attend. The Lucas and WOO guys should team up and schedule around the oldest and highest paying races. I bet the Hillbilly and North South would draw 70-80 cars if drivers from both series could come.

bleedblue55
05-14-2018, 05:21 AM
The fact that Lucas considers the Pittsburgher a crown jewel cup race is a joke.

Centeroff
05-14-2018, 05:29 AM
I thought WOO scheduled around that weekend?

Dlmfan123
05-14-2018, 06:09 AM
I would say the true crown jewel races would be the Dream, World 100, Knoxville, DTWC, The Pittsburger. Basically any race that pays 20k or more and races where drivers from both series can attend. The Lucas and WOO guys should team up and schedule around the oldest and highest paying races. I bet the Hillbilly and North South would draw 70-80 cars if drivers from both series could come.Outlaws are off for the hillbilly this year

Josh Bayko
05-14-2018, 06:43 AM
I would say the true crown jewel races would be the Dream, World 100, Knoxville, DTWC, The Pittsburger. Basically any race that pays 20k or more and races where drivers from both series can attend. The Lucas and WOO guys should team up and schedule around the oldest and highest paying races. I bet the Hillbilly and North South would draw 70-80 cars if drivers from both series could come.

The Firecracker typically draws some Lucas guys too, because it’s on a Lucas off weekend.

Pennsboro23
05-14-2018, 07:57 AM
Outlaws are off for the hillbilly this year

Should be a great show. The blue #1 car has been wanting to run the Hillbilly. You'll probably see Moran, Fergy, and some others there as well.

Dlmfan123
05-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Should be a great show. The blue #1 car has been wanting to run the Hillbilly. You'll probably see Moran, Fergy, and some others there as well.I’m guessing there will be more than 50 cars. There were 45 I believe last year

Centeroff
05-14-2018, 03:29 PM
The Hillbilly is definitely a crown jewel this year. I’d bet 100$ they have over 60 late models. Remember, the purse is 50k to winner this year instead of 20k$