PDA

View Full Version : Schlenk & Thirlby - Any know what happen over the weekend between those two?

HoosierDirtFan
05-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Rusty Schlenk (and team) and Brandon Thirlby (along with his brother)
Anyone know what happen over the weekend between those two?
It appears they've gotten into a spittin' (you know what I mean) match on Facebook.

Not trying to start any crap just asking. Seen Brandon made a post and now it's all out b.s.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-13-2018, 05:54 PM
They bounced off each other a few times during the feature.

The deal with Drown and Markham was more interesting to me. Markham dumped him 100%. Those 2 are always beating in each other. Markham got rolled by Drown last year.

GEAR_HEAD
05-13-2018, 08:47 PM
They bounced off each other a few times during the feature.

The deal with Drown and Markham was more interesting to me. Markham dumped him 100%. Those 2 are always beating in each other. Markham got rolled by Drown last year.

Markham was flying in the feature and it made no sense to me whatsoever why he would work so hard to get to that point then throw it all away just to dump Drown. That was one of the most obvious dumpings that I've ever seen, no doubt that was intentional.

JK4745
05-13-2018, 09:16 PM
I was watching Markham most of the race Friday night. He was entering the corners a groove or so higher than all other cars. Going into 3 Markham went hauling in on the top and it appeared Drown moved up a little and Markham wasn't expecting him to and he got into the back of Drown. Bad deal but I don't think it was intentional.

zyoung25
05-13-2018, 11:19 PM
Must've been something in the air. I seen a video earlier of Weiss and Strand from the wissota race at devils lake speedway.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216384708359546&id=1510549923&_rdr

Jim11h
05-14-2018, 04:50 AM
Intentional..... Definitely not!!! Markham just miss judged and went in harder than drown with contact made. You could see Markham try not to make contact. Good hard balls out racing

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-14-2018, 09:06 AM
Intentional..... Definitely not!!! Markham just miss judged and went in harder than drown with contact made. You could see Markham try not to make contact. Good hard balls out racing
Wow. I thought Markham was better than that.

Mams
05-14-2018, 10:18 AM
He's probably torn up more competitor's rides at Attica than all other drivers combined. Crewed for a prior Attica regular for 5 years & he wrecked us, gave us flats in heat races, etc., many times. Never felt badly when he got some of his own medicine.

ThebigE
05-14-2018, 10:22 AM
He's probably torn up more competitor's rides at Attica than all other drivers combined. Crewed for a prior Attica regular for 5 years & he wrecked us, gave us flats in heat races, etc., many times. Never felt badly when he got some of his own medicine.

Who are you referring too?

Mams
05-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Markham #5M

ThebigE
05-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that FB post is getting out of hand on both sides. Not sure it was real professional to make such a stupid post on Thirlby's part about Rusty needing the extra money for groceries. Yeah, so what, Rusty races for a living and a couple of extra spots on the track does help out. Not everybody goes out and races for a hobby and not everybodys fortunate enough to come from a wealthy family like the Thirlby bros.

Pennsboro23
05-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Racing needs these kinds of rivalries.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Must've been something in the air. I seen a video earlier of Weiss and Strand from the wissota race at devils lake speedway.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216384708359546&id=1510549923&_rdrDid Weiss win? Man, would I have been pissed. Strand ran him clean, and Weiss ran him all over the track. Then body slams him into the wall.

ThebigE
05-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Did Weiss win? Man, would I have been pissed. Strand ran him clean, and Weiss ran him all over the track. Then body slams him into the wall.

Yeah, Ricky pretty much was on the bottom but drifted up the track to door slam him. That was a cheap shot.

jensenracing18
05-14-2018, 01:10 PM
guess I better change my plans to attend I96 Friday, that escalated quick :)

getinit
05-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Yeah, Ricky pretty much was on the bottom but drifted up the track to door slam him. That was a cheap shot.

I bet Strands crew didn't go hit Ricky's dad.

loose_is_fast
05-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Ask Oakshade raceway how classless the thirlby boys are.Lol...... they are real professionall!

goincircles
05-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Yep crash and burn Rusty blames everyone but his messed up approach to driving once a nitwit always a nitwit stinky the crasher

TackyTracker
05-15-2018, 12:36 AM
u on a roll tonight

Jim11h
05-15-2018, 04:42 AM
I was there and watched live as well have watched you tube video from Attica which doesn't show everything but please explain what I'm missing! I seen hard racing between schlenk & m14 don't recall contact and fight for top 3 finish at end. I'm open minded but in all I seen good racing and mistakes including the Markham/drown incident. Speaking of which drown put on show going from tail to 7th in 12 laps and there's a reason Markham not a traveling professional. Experience and ability and equipment can tell a ton of a guys story which why said wasn't intentional.

lazermod3
05-15-2018, 06:28 AM
I am not familiar what went on at the other tracks that are mentioned in this post,but I can say that Schlenk visited Florence Speedway 05/12/2018 in the CJ 1 unit,and is still runnin.

427c.i.
05-15-2018, 12:49 PM
When did racing turn into a bunch of guys crying when they get bumped. He went across my nose, he took my line...blah blah blah.
Put steel bodies on them and real front and rear bumpers and RACE the darn things again!!

IZZOJR16
05-15-2018, 07:33 PM
d0uche bag with daddies money alert!!!!!!!!

Barbecueboy
05-15-2018, 09:24 PM
d0uche bag with daddies money alert!!!!!!!!

Made me lol......

DIRT AHOLIC
05-16-2018, 12:12 AM
The real problem is people take 80,000 dollar race cars made of thin alluminium and weak light wieght parts and race them around a dirt track in the midle of a corn feild for next to no money to win just to enertain a bunch of drunk rednecks. What could possibly go wrong? Humm...

T3GJason47
05-16-2018, 06:08 AM
IZZOJR16 you're an idiot!

Barbecueboy
05-16-2018, 07:58 AM
So one person infers someone is a dbag and gets banned and then another three posts later actually calls out a poster by name making a disparaging remark and doesn't???

Guess the name calling didn't meet the benchmark, smh???

Highside Hustler25
05-16-2018, 08:11 AM
So one person infers someone is a dbag and gets banned and then another three posts later actually calls out a poster by name making a disparaging remark and doesn't???

I don't think it was the remark as much as the going around the language filter to post a naughty word. Just a guess.

xray
05-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Pry arguing over who threw a better slider on the old lady

T3GJason47
05-16-2018, 10:02 AM
I really hope you aren't talking about Thirlby's girlfriend xray.

Doc88D
05-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Hey xray. The argument over the girl is a thing of the past. They have both moved on and way past that. Lets keep it to what it is. Two racers racing hard for a spot. They made contact. They both see it different than the other, so they make contact again. It has NOTHING to do with anything other than that...

Josh Bayko
05-16-2018, 10:29 AM

It's because he went around the language filter. When I was warned about doing that, I was told if I did it again I would be ban't.

Barbecueboy
05-16-2018, 10:38 AM
So if he would have just said dbag that would have been ok???

Uh boy.

Josh Bayko
05-16-2018, 10:45 AM
So if he would have just said dbag that would have been ok???

Uh boy.

He probably would have been ok if he went with that instead.

Barbecueboy
05-16-2018, 11:06 AM
But I thought the foul language filter was designed to keep things halfway respectful and you can't say ( word that is a feminine product that rhymes with swoosh) but you could be within the rules and call someone a dbag, a Richard cranium or a kitty ( which we all know what those infer and be ok????)

Good lord, what has this place become????

Never mind,it's a rhetorical question.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-16-2018, 03:50 PM
But I thought the foul language filter was designed to keep things halfway respectful and you can't say ( word that is a feminine product that rhymes with swoosh) but you could be within the rules and call someone a dbag, a Richard cranium or a kitty ( which we all know what those infer and be ok????)

Good lord, what has this place become????

Never mind,it's a rhetorical question.Next ya know we will have swear on a stack of Bibles.

I hear ya, be banned too if I said what I wanted to as far as what you are talking about.

Barbecueboy
05-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Guessing the language filter banning hypocrisy doesn't apply to threads in the tailgate section......or maybe they will be getting around to it later.

Is the word knuckleheads allowed?

Josh Bayko
05-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Guessing the language filter banning hypocrisy doesn't apply to threads in the tailgate section......or maybe they will be getting around to it later.

Is the word knuckleheads allowed?

I’m gonna guess knucklehead is fine. It’s not part of the filter.

a25rjr
05-16-2018, 07:06 PM

They'll post the results in a couple of weeks .......with no explanation! :)

Barbecueboy
05-16-2018, 08:11 PM
They'll post the results in a couple of weeks .......with no explanation! :)

Somehow I feel like I'll be the one that didn't meet the benchmark.......:)

And fwiw, I've never even seen rusty race live........but I like him and his underdog cape.