PDA

View Full Version : Weiss/Strand Incident

Illtsate32
05-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Just seen on fb where Weiss got put to the rear as the leader for dooring Strand trying to pass him on the outside in a Wissota race. Very good race between em up to that point. Imo Weiss Def went in over his head and washed across the track. But Strand trying to drive off Weiss's door Def put himself in a vulnerable position. Thoughts?

zyoung25
05-14-2018, 10:00 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216384708359546&id=1510549923&_rdr

I posted it in the Schelnk thread, so I'll put it here for those that haven't seen it.

Illtsate32
05-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the video ZYoung...

Chris Thomason
05-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Definitely a bone headed move but I disagree with the track changing the outcome of the race. Let that stuff play out and it will police itself down the road.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-14-2018, 10:37 AM
Just seen on fb where Weiss got put to the rear as the leader for dooring Strand trying to pass him on the outside in a Wissota race. Very good race between em up to that point. Imo Weiss Def went in over his head and washed across the track. But Strand trying to drive off Weiss's door Def put himself in a vulnerable position. Thoughts?Good. Strand ran him clean, Weiss ran him all over the track, then doored him.

Though I kinda don’t agree with them putting him to the tail, in a way I do. Kinda torn. They stepped in the middle of it, and I’m sure Strand woulda repaid him sooner or later.

zyoung25
05-14-2018, 11:12 AM
I think it was more on Weiss, but i doubt he was counting on him being that close coming off of 4 either. Where Strand was wasn't really the high line, which is where he was going into 3. He kinda sqaured off 4 and used the middle of the track on exit. i dont know if it was intentional or not though.

Strand done a whale of a job staying off of Weiss though up until that point. That guy can wheel.

Jking24
05-14-2018, 12:38 PM
first i am not a Weiss fan a little. i think he often drives rough and puts him self in vulnerable positions and then whines when he gets the wrong side of the coin. but I think Weiss had every intention of blocking but i don't think he was trying to dump the guy. Also if you look Weiss got in a little low and clipped the Berm a little and that may have put him in a slide. and it was For the win

Escobar
05-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Does anyone remember the year that Weiss won his heat, but took out nearly 1/2 to 3/4 of the competitors? He junked cars one by one, I had never seen anything like it before. His interview after the heat was nothing short of hilarious. He blamed everyone but himself. I've never heard a race crowd laugh that loud before.

Pennsboro23
05-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Does anyone remember the year that Weiss won his heat, but took out nearly 1/2 to 3/4 of the competitors? He junked cars one by one, I had never seen anything like it before. His interview after the heat was nothing short of hilarious. He blamed everyone but himself. I've never heard a race crowd laugh that loud before.

if you're talking about Eldora, then yes I remember.

Kwd1253
05-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Not going say Weiss was trying to wreck strand. But don’t know how he felt when they got into each other coming out of two. Weiss was trying block on the bottom before that exiting out turn 4. Then run middle 1&2 to block high or low to take the line. Wiess could thought he was going to slide strand to slow him down, thinking strand was going exit mid or high. Strand was head of Weiss had the car bent to diamond off the top to exit on the bottom of 4, wiess should seen how bent strand was knowing if cut a cross the the middle like he did that was going be the out come. But at the same time strand was cutting across all lines. if let off the gas a little coming down he might have missed wiess and still had the momentum get by wiess and had his line.

***But after looking at the video couple times, wiess didn’t look like he was even trying cut his wheel when he seen They was about to hit. He Started cut his after they hit.

There reason they are racing small shows, not on national tour. They are not on Scott’s, Brandon, Josh, JD, Tmac, ect. level of driving abilities and reading what driver are about to do.

Illtsate32
05-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Agree Kw if Strand could of seen him coming up a split second earlier he could of burped it and cut underneath him, he was diamonding 3-4 and tried to cut it as close as possible and surely didnt expect Weiss to basically wash straight up the track, but he was already fully committed, im sure hel put that into the memory bank...

Centeroff
05-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Strand came down 3 lanes and Ricky slid up 1-1.5 max.. Weiss was going to leave him room on the top but Strand was going to diamond off the corner. I say it’s Ricky’s fault for not running the top. He was trying to block the slider on the bottom instead of running his race

Chris Thomason
05-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Freakin quote don't work

Centeroff,
Although your absurdity usually makes me laugh, you changed my mind on this one. Watchin the video again with your opinion in mind I think that's the right call. Hard racing and Ricky likely expected him to commit to the top. Strand definitely moved down as much as Weiss moved up...

Centeroff
05-14-2018, 05:52 PM
53% of the time, I’m always right

jr29
05-14-2018, 06:47 PM
I have no idea how any blame can be placed on Strand for that incident.

ThomRacing
05-14-2018, 08:57 PM
I have no idea how any blame can be placed on Strand for that incident.

I'm up here in WISSOTA country and between the two of them, Strand doesn't have the nickname of Kid Wreckit. Wiess has torn up more equipment then Terry Casey could have ever dreamed of doing.