View Full Version : Cory Hedgec ock Goes Back-To-Back at The Gap

Ben Shelton
05-15-2018, 11:40 AM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
May 15, 2018

Cory Hedgec ock Goes Back-To-Back at The Gap
Georgia Doubleheader with Durrence Layne Series Up Next

Loudon, Tennessee (05/15/18) – For the second-straight week Cory Hedgec ock conquered the Steel Head Late Model action at Tennessee’s Volunteer Speedway in his Cushman #23 K&P Used Cars/ Transport One/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Eagle Racing Engine racecar.

The win was his ninth of the 2018 campaign.

“There were some really good Steel Head racers there, so I knew I had to get to the lead quickly in the feature, and thankfully that’s exactly what I was able to accomplish,” Hedgec ock recounted. “From there I just had to do my job. In the Crate Late Model feature, we just weren’t very good. A win and a Top-5 finish isn’t so bad though.

“I want to thank Cushman, Eagle Racing Engines, Valley Transport, Budget Transmissions, Transport One, Renegade Fuels and Lubricants, K&P Used Cars, Five Star Hyundai, Timeless Memories Photography, VooDoo Technologies, my family, and everyone who helps me.”

On Saturday night Cory Hedgec ock returned to Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tennessee), competing in both the Steel Head and Crate Late Model divisions. With 26 Steel Head Late Models registered for action, Hedgec ock laid down the third-fastest time in qualifying, which locked him into the third-starting position for the feature.

Charging into the lead on opening lap, Cory held off Barrett Lowe in the closing laps to capture his second-straight victory and ninth overall. Lowe, Austin Neely, Gary Crittenden, and Greg Estes completed the Top-5 finishers in the 25-lap affair.

During the same night in the Crate Late Model ranks, Hedgec ock locked his spot into the show with the 11th-fastest time in a field of 21 cars. Reeling in a Top-5 finish in the feature, Cory jumped six spots to finish 5th behind Jason Welshan, Rusty Ballenger, Tim Byrd, and Jesse Lowe.

For more results from these events, please visit www.VolunteerSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend – May 18-19 – will take Cory to Georgia, where he’ll lead the Durrence Layne Dirt Late Model Series into battle in a pair of events. On Friday evening a $2,000-to-win event will be held at Oglethorpe Speedway Park (Oglethorpe, Georgia), while Saturday will find the team competing at Cochran Motor Speedway (Cochran, Georgia) in a $4,000-to-win program.

For more information on the program, please visit www.NeSmithRacing.com .

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Cushman, Valley Transport, Rocket Chassis, Schoenfeld Headers, Five Star Hyundai, Eagle Racing Engines, K&P Used Cars, Transport One, Renegade Racing Fuels, Budget Transmissions, VooDoo Technology, Timeless Memories Photography, Hoosier Racing Tires, CFYA, Renegade Reach, Wells Racing Photography, Strange Oval Racing, High Velocity Heads, Crowder Small Engines, Jesel Valve Train Innovation, Stealth Racing Carburetors, QuickCar, Bicknell Racing Products, MSD Ignition, CV Products, CP Pistons, Boydbilt, Ohlins Shocks, Winters Performance, Simpson Race Products, Martel Signs and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Cory Hedgec ock, please visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/Cory-Hedgec ock-Motorsports-166540363452544 and https://twitter.com/Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)23 .