PDA

View Full Version : Terry Phillips

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2018, 12:06 PM
What's the scoop on the two Bloomquist cars he has for sale? And the black diamond? And maybe the 16' GRT mod also. lol

jeffreymo
05-17-2018, 12:13 PM
The Bloomquist cars have been for sale for probably 3 years or longer. The Black Diamond I believe only has a handful of races on it, back in 2015 or 2016. Not sure about the Mod.

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2018, 12:15 PM
The Bloomquist cars have been for sale for probably 3 years or longer. The Black Diamond I believe only has a handful of races on it, back in 2015 or 2016. Not sure about the Mod.

I thought so but couldn't remember. How many times were they raced?

jeffreymo
05-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Seems like the Bloomquist cars ran most of a full season, but I think the Black Diamond has maybe a half dozen, if that.

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-17-2018, 01:55 PM
What sucks about selling a Bloomquist chassis is everyone calls Scott to inquire about the chassis that are for sale and Scott says he will not share knowledge unless they buy new from him... also if you do want to buy the chassis’ anyway, Scott gets first shot at buying them instead of you... kinda like if he doesn’t want said racer to own one...

zach51
05-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Sounds like something Blankenship would do. Oh wait. Nvm.

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2018, 02:04 PM
So why wouldn't Scott buy them back then?

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-17-2018, 02:42 PM

Probably because there’s no buyer from Phillips at this time...

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2018, 02:53 PM

He probably doesn't care if they sell. They are pretty old in today's standards.

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 03:43 PM
If that is true, thats pretty arrogant and narcissistic, somebody the other day said they didnt understand why people disliked Scott, well...

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2018, 03:51 PM
If that is true, thats pretty arrogant and narcissistic, somebody the other day said they didnt understand why people disliked Scott, well...

Just like those Pierce t shirts? Or did you forget about that already...

Planetzer0
05-17-2018, 04:16 PM
If that is true, thats pretty arrogant and narcissistic, somebody the other day said they didnt understand why people disliked Scott, well...When you're the only driver in the history of the sport with 50+ crown jewel wins, you get to decide who owns your chassis.

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Just like those Pierce t shirts? Or did you forget about that already...

We werent talking about Pierce what is your deal with that man? What is so wrong in your life that makes you so sour towards another man? Your posts infer you dont like Bobby but you flood his threads with bs posts, you def post twice as much on his than you do on bloomers threads who you claim to like, you devote 95% of your time on here to Bobby that dont make any sense, actually idk if you like anybody 9-10 of your post are condescending, as a matter of fact how did I even see this I though I had you blocked...huh, ok here we go again...BLOCKTD!!

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 04:24 PM
When you're the only driver in the history of the sport with 50+ crown jewel wins, you get to decide who owns your chassis.

I guess...

Kromulous
05-17-2018, 04:34 PM
He is only trying to protect his intellectual property, i would have people sign a NDA if i was that worried about it. As MBR said thou, there older cars now so he is probably not worried about them any longer. I dont think its out of line really, at this point he is not a full time MFR, and he may need that income in say 10 years.

I heard recently that he said he think he can still race and win in 10 to 12 years LOL. Now that would be a bet to make LOL. Possible i guess Delmas Conley will still get after the gas pedal.

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 05:00 PM
I was just pointing out its a little narcissistic to be like that, hes the only chassis builder that I know of that ive heard these things, im pretty sure anybody with a tubing bender, welder and some fabrication skills once they had one could clone one eventually, so trying to protect ur ideas pretty much go out the window when you sell them off...

MI Dirt Fan
05-17-2018, 05:08 PM
BLOCKTD!!

Well that was easy

huskerdirt
05-17-2018, 05:16 PM
He probably doesn't care if they sell. They are pretty old in today's standards.

This. Those Bloomer cars are from like 2013 or 2012. They’ve been on the shelf since 2014 other than a random appearance at I-80 in 2015.

TP still has them because nobody wants to buy something that’s outdated. If it was a “sweet” bloomquist car, then the conversation about Scott having dibs on who gets that car is valid.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-17-2018, 05:37 PM
We werent talking about Pierce what is your deal with that man? What is so wrong in your life that makes you so sour towards another man? Your posts infer you dont like Bobby but you flood his threads with bs posts, you def post twice as much on his than you do on bloomers threads who you claim to like, you devote 95% of your time on here to Bobby that dont make any sense, actually idk if you like anybody 9-10 of your post are condescending, as a matter of fact how did I even see this I though I had you blocked...huh, ok here we go again...BLOCKTD!!Well, if you’re going to complain about something Scott started when he first starting doing his own chassis, you opened the door because of the hypocrisy. And why shouldn’t he have dibs and say on who gets his cars? It’s his knowledge, time, and experience. He isn’t in it at this time to make a living off of the chassis. He got into that a little bit a few years ago and his racing suffered. It’s always been I have first dibs on resale, as well as who gets one. Unless you’re Blankenship with Daddy’s money.

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 06:06 PM
CnB I will entertain any criticism of Pierce when it is pertaining to him, everytime bloomer is mentioned or any body for that matter in critical context this guy brings Pierces name in it..I dont ever bring up Scotts name ever unless its a topic pertaining to him, im not being hypocritical at all I will discuss Bobbys criticism not deflect like this guy did..And he should absolutely have say on whos buying his cars..HIS cars, not cars that he has sold to somebody else, then they are not HIS cars anymore, and I get first dibs on resale, to each his own, it just sounds controlling and quite frankly juvenile...maybe im way off base too maybe thats just me, but who would Scott be trying to keep them from, if Mark Richards wanted a Sweet Bloomquist dont you think he could get his hands on one, at least long enough to get critical measurements off of? Or lets say even a Freddy Carpenter...

Swampy121
05-17-2018, 06:34 PM
We werent talking about Pierce what is your deal with that man? What is so wrong in your life that makes you so sour towards another man? Your posts infer you dont like Bobby but you flood his threads with bs posts, you def post twice as much on his than you do on bloomers threads who you claim to like, you devote 95% of your time on here to Bobby that dont make any sense, actually idk if you like anybody 9-10 of your post are condescending, as a matter of fact how did I even see this I though I had you blocked...huh, ok here we go again...BLOCKTD!!

Maybe because you saying Bloomer is arrogant and narcissistic while being a Pierce fan is hypocritical? You can't get any more narcissistic than those t-shirts.

Josh Bayko
05-17-2018, 07:19 PM
He is only trying to protect his intellectual property, i would have people sign a NDA if i was that worried about it. As MBR said thou, there older cars now so he is probably not worried about them any longer. I dont think its out of line really, at this point he is not a full time MFR, and he may need that income in say 10 years.

I heard recently that he said he think he can still race and win in 10 to 12 years LOL. Now that would be a bet to make LOL. Possible i guess Delmas Conley will still get after the gas pedal.

Buzzie Reutimann is still getting it done at an advanced age too.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-17-2018, 07:35 PM
CnB I will entertain any criticism of Pierce when it is pertaining to him, everytime bloomer is mentioned or any body for that matter in critical context this guy brings Pierces name in it..I dont ever bring up Scotts name ever unless its a topic pertaining to him, im not being hypocritical at all I will discuss Bobbys criticism not deflect like this guy did..And he should absolutely have say on whos buying his cars..HIS cars, not cars that he has sold to somebody else, then they are not HIS cars anymore, and I get first dibs on resale, to each his own, it just sounds controlling and quite frankly juvenile...maybe im way off base too maybe thats just me, but who would Scott be trying to keep them from, if Mark Richards wanted a Sweet Bloomquist dont you think he could get his hands on one, at least long enough to get critical measurements off of? Or lets say even a Freddy Carpenter...My Blankenship comment is pretty much pertaining to Rocket Chassis. And yes, he probably could if he wanted to. But at this moment he has the XR1’s. A few years back when the Bloomer cars were really good, rumors were that Blankenship had his Bloomer cars jigged at I believe Port City. Which was, maybe still is, a Rocket Dealer.

If I sell you something with certain stipulations it’s my right, just as it’s yours to not buy it. When my Dad bought the 25 acres he built on, he also got the 10 acres of our neighbors mineral rights. Some would think your land is your land, but at times, it isn’t.

Can you at times get away with not listening to my requests sure, but if it is a contract then probably not. But money talks, so who knows.

Illtsate32
05-17-2018, 08:21 PM
True. Il add to what I said I also think its genius to do what he does because it adds to the mystique of his secrets and prob makes people want them even more. Like man if hes this stingy with his chassis he really must have something special in those lol, which we all know he does, but I still dont think them falling in the wrong hands would hurt him. The other 50% of the magic is in the set up, and know how in his head, and thats not for sale lol...

Josh Bayko
05-17-2018, 10:04 PM
I believe the jigged car was what ended up being the orange front. Those orange front cars were hot garbage, and just about everybody that got into one went right back to a blue gray or whatever within like 10 races.

billetbirdcage
05-17-2018, 10:44 PM
I believe the jigged car was what ended up being the orange front. Those orange front cars were hot garbage, and just about everybody that got into one went right back to a blue gray or whatever within like 10 races.

Correct

However the sweet/bloomer car was also jigged after he sold one of them, He was really pissed off about it and hasn't really built cars for others since then.

TackyTracker
05-18-2018, 12:31 AM
maybe TP is getting out???

Swampy121
05-18-2018, 01:12 AM
True. Il add to what I said I also think its genius to do what he does because it adds to the mystique of his secrets and prob makes people want them even more. Like man if hes this stingy with his chassis he really must have something special in those lol, which we all know he does, but I still dont think them falling in the wrong hands would hurt him. The other 50% of the magic is in the set up, and know how in his head, and thats not for sale lol...

True, I'm guessing most people who get a hold of a Bloomer chassis would never figure out what makes them so fast.

T3GJason47
05-18-2018, 06:12 AM
I know Jeff Cooke jigged a Bloomquist car back when he ran them. There was a big fallen out after Scott heard that. I guess I don't see the difference between Scott being the way he is about his cars. When you have to sign a "contract" with Rocket if you buy a XR1. I know if you pull the cover off the shock it voids your contract with Rocket. If you want something fixed you take them off and send it to them or you take your car there.

Josh Bayko
05-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Correct

However the sweet/bloomer car was also jigged after he sold one of them, He was really pissed off about it and hasn't really built cars for others since then.

There are only like 4 or 5 guys who even got Sweet Bloomquist cars. Should be pretty easy to figure out how it happened.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-18-2018, 07:30 AM
True. Il add to what I said I also think its genius to do what he does because it adds to the mystique of his secrets and prob makes people want them even more. Like man if hes this stingy with his chassis he really must have something special in those lol, which we all know he does, but I still dont think them falling in the wrong hands would hurt him. The other 50% of the magic is in the set up, and know how in his head, and thats not for sale lol...Yep. You are correct.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-18-2018, 09:06 AM
I know Jeff Cooke jigged a Bloomquist car back when he ran them. There was a big fallen out after Scott heard that. I guess I don't see the difference between Scott being the way he is about his cars. When you have to sign a "contract" with Rocket if you buy a XR1. I know if you pull the cover off the shock it voids your contract with Rocket. If you want something fixed you take them off and send it to them or you take your car there.

Well if u sell a car and dont think someone somewhere isnt going to jig it or copy parts of it, contract or whatever than your a fool. Plain & simple.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Well if u sell a car and dont think someone somewhere isnt going to jig it or copy parts of it, contract or whatever than your a fool. Plain & simple.Don’t remember anyone saying Scott is shocked people are copying him. It’s the fact that if you do screw him over with a car, plan on never getting any assistance ever again.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-18-2018, 04:21 PM
I was speaking in general for all builders.

stock car driver
05-20-2018, 05:31 PM
phillips does the same crap.

I bought two imca modifieds from him.

When I went to sell the two cars a year later (one was new still hanging from my shop ceiling as a spare) a buyer was told by phillips he had to pay 1000 if he wanted tech per car... hahaha

MI Dirt Fan
05-20-2018, 05:36 PM

When I went to sell the two cars a year later (one was new still hanging from my shop ceiling as a spare) a buyer was told by phillips he had to pay 1000 if he wanted tech per car... hahaha

Why all those people in your signature blocked? A couple I could for see. But the others...?

jr29
05-20-2018, 11:21 PM
maybe TP is getting out???

He said he's focusing on modified racing this year.

chopter
05-21-2018, 02:58 AM

Did you like the car? How was tp to work with?

stock car driver
05-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Did you like the car? How was tp to work with?

I spoke to tp, for 7 minutes when I bought a full roller and complete second chassis with body and a 3rd complete body, a second set of shocks and a second pull bar...

Then I spoke to him about 3 minutes when the cars were delivered and the rf lower a arm to frame measurement was not legal... for imca.. Which became a big deal a few months later resulting in a cheesy frame fix, which I had already done on my own basically because I could read a tape measure.

Then I spoke to him for 5 minutes about a week later when on the scales for set up. He told me verbally a set up and measurements, no measurement for trailing the rearend, and he told me a ride height from the ground to lower a arm bolt, which I asked if thats what he ran and he said yes. So then I explained how his number was not going to work for me since he ran american racers and I ran hoosiers which on average were 2 inches taller, I asked him for a ANGLE finder on the top a arm for a measurement and never got it.

I never spoke to him about set up or tech again.. WASTE of money and time dealing with TP.... When it became known I had these cars I ended up with lots of messages via fb and here about set up and nobody was happy with him and basically even grt set up, I told guys my fixes which were minor, trailing the rr 5/8-7/8 was the main one and a angle for the ride height up front based off the upper a arms and everyone said their cars were like new cars.....

SAD to spend 36,000 and get no support but that seems to be the norm in dirt track racing...

I would never recommend anyone buy a tp car. Maybe my issue was I raced all the time against grabo his buddy and I was already a front runner in my old bms I had just got into from stock car.

The grt cars are good, their base set up is close, you need to come up with a way to measure trail on rr and ride height that works for you. I ground a line in the trailing arm bracket and measured back from that and drilled a hole in the frame up front above the a arm and was easily able to get my car repeatable etc.

MI Dirt Fan
05-21-2018, 01:23 PM
I know a few people who ran BMS cars and they were track champ contending rides, won a bunch of races and the owners wouldn't sell them only to people out of state.

stock car driver
05-21-2018, 10:28 PM
I know a few people who ran BMS cars and they were track champ contending rides, won a bunch of races and the owners wouldn't sell them only to people out of state.

My bms was faster than my grt in my opinion but it was more tiring to drive and needed to be bullied around the track. That said when I bought the new grt cars I was much more invested $$ wise and didnt often push it to reckless abandon anymore as I knew I was going to be selling out at the end of the 15 season and really felt content with nothing more to prove.

chopter
05-21-2018, 11:18 PM
Edit. I shouldn't have put you on the spot like that.